Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fakewood EXPOSED: Where Fake News began | ZeroHedge
- Options Traders Are Pricing In The 3rd Highest Chance Of A 'Black Swan' Crash In History | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
- Trump "Day Two": Preview Of Today's Key Events In Washington | ZeroHedge
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- Kunstler Warns "We Are Repeating The Greatest Misallocation Of Resources In The History Of The World" | ZeroHedge
- As China Slaps Fees On Bitcoin Trades, Japan Monthly Volumes Soar by 8,900% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Our exclusive with Colorado's colorful, rising-star governor, the man some... | Business Insider
- The rise of America's hottest investment product is changing trading | Business Insider
- Here are the 12 business leaders Trump hosted for his first big White House... | Business Insider
- Trump just withdrew the US from a major Asian trade deal —... | Business Insider
- The 2017 Oscar nominees shattered records for diversity | Business Insider
- It would be a disaster if automakers do what Trump wants (F, GM, FCAU) | Business Insider
- The world's most expensive Big Mac is currently in Switzerland | Business Insider