Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Back From Never Gone: CURRENCY WARS | ZeroHedge
- Ben Stein Unloads on Media, Calls Them 'Unelected Aristocracy, an Effete Corps of Impudent Snobs' | ZeroHedge
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
- It`s All About The 2018 Mid-Term Elections (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Index Investing Unmasked: 96% Of Stocks Are Garbage | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Economic Headwinds: Housing Bubbles Popping up and Just Plain Popping Everywhere | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A man who interviewed 100 Trump supporters says the reason many Americans oppose... | Business Insider
- Here's who would lose money under Trump's proposed tax plan | Business Insider
- Trump is the champion of the shallow state — and that... | Business Insider
- Malaysia says it will issue... | Business Insider
- The best Apple ad from each year since its 1984 Super Bowl hit (... | Business Insider
- How this tech incubator started by Google is tackling the world's... | Business Insider
- Highly panned 'Suicide Sqaud' is an Oscar-winning movie and the internet is losing it... | Business Insider