Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Over Half Of Hillary's Private Meetings As Secretary Were With Donors Who Paid $156 Million | ZeroHedge
- Jackson Hole Looms: The Main Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Top 25 Corporate Pension Plans Alone Are Underfunded By Over $225 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 22, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Facing Reality | ZeroHedge
- Investors Panic-Buy Saudi Default Protection Ahead Of Big Debt Deal | ZeroHedge
- As Predicted, Obamacare Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 secrets of the super wealthy | Business Insider
- Tesla will announce a new product today | Business Insider
- A top JPMorgan recruiter reveals 5 common job-hunting mistakes to avoid | Business Insider
- I used CarPlay for a week and now all I want from my next car is Apple software (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 2 things you can do to start exercising in the morning,... | Business Insider
- A man in Virginia reportedly stabbed two people while... | Business Insider
- I'm worth $1.5 million, and I'd... | Business Insider