Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Comes France: Right-Wing Leader Marine Le Pen Demands Central Bank Repatriate French Gold | ZeroHedge
- Just 8 Numbers | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Still Live at Home (It Isn’t Jobs, Student Debt, or Housing) | Financial Sense
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- Ferguson In Flames: The Morning After | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Oil Price Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- How The World's Most Leveraged Hedge Fund Got Away With Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- POLL: Republicans Like Mitt Romney And Jeb Bush In 2016 | Business Insider
- MIT-Designed 'Smart' Frying Pan Promises A Perfectly Cooked Meal Every Time | Business Insider
- Survey Says No One Likes Holiday Shopping For Dad | Business Insider
- 7 Things Successful People Do In Their 30s | Business Insider
- We Tried The Gourmet 'Bone Broth' That Everyone's Talking About — Here... | Business Insider
- Watch The Chilling Protests In Ferguson As Police Fire Tear Gas Into Crowds | Business Insider
- England opt to field in Sri Lanka one-dayer | Business Insider