Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caterpillar Posts Record 21 Consecutive Months Of Declining Global Retail Sales, Worse Than Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Bull or Bear? | iBankCoin.com
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
- Hello, I Am Jack Ma and I am Here to Take Your Money | iBankCoin.com
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap September 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- S&P Hits All-Time Record High As Russell "Death Cross" Looms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 9/... | StreetInsider.com
- BofA: The 'Great Rotation' Is Going To Make A Big Comeback (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 11 Outrageous Things Billionaire Larry Ellison Has Taught The World (ORCL) | Business Insider
- Early count points to record turnout in Scotland vote | Business Insider
- The Sad Home Of A Sad Campaign To Keep The UK Together | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Bought The First iPhone 6... | Business Insider