Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Was Right: Top NATO General Concedes Alliance Is "Obsolete" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
- RBC On The Treasury Standoff: "Someone Is Going To Get Hurt Badly" | ZeroHedge
- "Common Sense" - Addressed To The Inhabitants Of 2017 America | ZeroHedge
- China Orders No Market Selloffs During President's Davos Trip | ZeroHedge
- Neither Intelligent Nor Wise, But Definitely Dangerous | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Davos Guy Has Normal Hands | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The wealth of these 8 men equals the bottom 50% of the... | Business Insider
- Christie says he turned down several Trump administration... | Business Insider
- Chicago violence gets everyone's attention, but it is not America's murder capital | Business Insider
- THE EQUITY CROWDFUNDING REPORT: The democratized funding model changing the way firms... | Business Insider
- Google Assistant could get payment capabilities (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Faraday Future, once seen as a 'Tesla-killer,' is said to be in shambles as cash... | Business Insider
- A bunch of funds just got fined by the SEC for... | Business Insider