Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Black Gold Rush | iBankCoin.com
- More Titanic Snobbiness | iBankCoin.com
- Detroit Eligible To File Chapter 9; Pension Haircuts Allowed Bankruptcy Judge Rules | ZeroHedge
- Now or Never for the Color | iBankCoin.com
- QE Deflationary? No Kidding! | Financial Sense
- Fractional Reserve Banking: How to Create and Destroy Money | Financial Sense
- Don’t Fight Inflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian Dancer Convicted Over Acid Attack On... | Business Insider
- Here's David Cameron And The Founder Of Alibaba... | Business Insider
- Here's Facebook's New Way Of Letting You Block Annoying Stuff That Appears In Your... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- How I Finally Knew I Wanted To Quit Being A Lawyer | Business Insider
- Home Prices Rise For The 20th Straight Month But Economists Warn A... | Business Insider
- Why Polyvore Employees Give Away Their Bonuses | Business Insider