Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIDEO RECAP OF BERNANKE TESTIMONY AND MARKET’S REACTION | iBankCoin.com
- Seeing Shades of Grey in the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Only In America: Anthony Weiner Announces NYC Mayor Candidacy On YouTube | ZeroHedge
- "The Math Is Stacked Against Japan - It's Not 'If', It's When" | ZeroHedge
- INTRoDuCiNG EURO CRiSiS CouTuRe 2013... | ZeroHedge
- Trade Policy and Economic Decline | Financial Sense
- Barry Bannister: Government Making Same Policy Mistakes of the 1930's | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The College Class Of 2013 Reveals Their Biggest Financial Regret | Business Insider
- KYLE BASS: The 'Macro Tourists' Are Responsible For Last Night's Big... | Business Insider
- In China, 'Hacking' Is Just A 9-To-5 Job And... | Business Insider
- 4 Reasons Recruiters Don't Call Back | Business Insider
- Existing Home Sales Rise 0.6%, Missing Expectations | Business Insider
- What You Wear to the Office Still Matters | TheStreet.com
- Paul McCartney Calls Russian Authorities For Pussy Riot Release | Business Insider