Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Greece Has Fallen Victim To "Economic Hit Men" | ZeroHedge
- Equities Soar As Tsipras Said Ready To Accept Most Of Expired Bailout Offer, European Response Muted | ZeroHedge
- Just Shut Up, God Damn It | iBankCoin.com
- US Police More Concerned About "Anti-Government" Domestic Extremists Than Al-Qaeda, Study Finds | ZeroHedge
- Bull Market Pause or Top? Clues from the Credit Markets | Financial Sense
- A Short History: The Neocon "Clean Break" Grand Design & The "Regime Change" Disasters It Has Fostered | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Troika Documents Show Greece Needs Huge Debt Relief | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An African python dies prematurely after eating a 30-pound porcupine, but that's not what... | Business Insider
- LIVE: US auto sales (F, GM, TM, FCAU) | Business Insider
- Diabetes drug helps people lose weight: study | Business Insider
- VAROUFAKIS: If Greece votes 'Yes... | Business Insider
- This photo of an 8-year-old girl evacuating her home... | Business Insider
- Here's why every American traveler should sign up for TSA PreCheck | Business Insider
- Why one Google designer encouraged his team to get drunk before testing products | Business Insider