Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
- A Banana Republic In The Making - "The Glue Of Reason In India Is Flaking" | ZeroHedge
- CNN Boss Admits "Democrats Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Biggest "Post-Trump" Market Risks According To Bank of America | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rise As Oil Dips; US Stock Futures And Dollar Flat | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Reveals The "Global Establishment's Overall Plan" In Eight Simple Steps | ZeroHedge
- Italian Crisis Sparks Buying Panic In US Stocks - Dow Hits Record High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE VIRTUAL REALITY REPORT: How the early days of VR are unfolding and the challenges it must... | Business Insider
- Europe's best low-cost airline just got the green light to charge... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Mexico just one-upped Canada | Business Insider
- FUNDSTRAT: 13 contrarian stocks to buy | Business Insider
- 13 bizarre sleeping habits of super-successful people | Business Insider
- TRUMP: 'I would have far less reason to tweet' if the media covered me '... | Business Insider