Covered Call Picks (YOKU,GMCR,BAC,CLF,UPL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||51.4||52.5||2.7||5.30%||Apr-12|
|BAC||Bank of America Corp||9.8||10||0.4||4.20%||Apr-12|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||72||72.5||2.9||4.00%||Apr-12|
|UPL||Ultra Petroleum Corp||24.9||25||1||4.00%||Apr-12|
Youku Inc (YOKU) is currently trading at $27.06. Its 52 week range is between $13.76 and $69.95.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $51.39. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
Bank of America Corp (BAC) is currently trading at $9.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.92 and $14.29.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $72.03. Its 52 week range is $47.31 and $102.48.
Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) is currently trading at $24.9. Its 52 week range is between $22.51 and $51.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Google Nation - Visualizing The World's Most Valuable Brands | ZeroHedge
- Maryland Considers Teaching Kids That Boys Are Presumed Guilty In Rape Accusations | ZeroHedge
- How Many Euro Crises Will This Make? It's Getting Hard To Keep Track | ZeroHedge
- Is Weakening Breadth Warning of a Pullback or Major Top? | Financial Sense
- A Chink of Light into London’s Gold Vaults | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Short This Dog, Report 20 Feb, 2017 | ZeroHedge
- NSC Official Fired For Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DEUTSCHE BANK: These 2 risks could derail... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Warren Buffett's $10 billion airline investment reveals... | Business Insider
- Accenture has acquired one of the biggest digital... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Russia's ambassador to the UN has died | Business Insider
- Learn the email etiquette rules every professional should know from this... | Business Insider