Covered Call Picks (ARNA,CHK,SINA,HLF,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.92||6||2.2||36.80%||Jan-13|
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||14.9||15||3.6||24.10%||Jan-13|
|SLW||Silver Wheaton Corp||25.6||26||3.9||15.20%||Jan-13|
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $5.92. Its 52 week range is between $1.23 and $7.02.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $14.91. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $54.74. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $128.17.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $45.96. Its 52 week range is $42.15 and $73.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $25.62. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Rout Sends Dow, S&P Into Red As USD Jumps | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- LaGuardia Airport Closed After Mike Pence's Campaign Plane Skids Off Runway | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Throws In The Towel On Hyperinflation: Will Print 200x Higher-Denominated Bills | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Pound Tumbles After UK Government Wins Brexit Suit In Northern Ireland Court | ZeroHedge
- CLiNToN FouNDaTioN 419... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google’s CFO defended Alphabet’s setbacks but struggled to justify its purpose (GOOG,... | Business Insider
- A rare look inside the Monte Carlo Casino, the world's most spectacular place to gamble... | Business Insider
- Apple's AirPods are delayed (AAPL) | Business Insider
- GM is bringing IBM's Watson to its vehicles (GM, IBM) | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Read Uber's entire 98-page plan to make flying cars a reality in the next... | Business Insider
- An open letter calling on Nordstrom to drop Ivanka Trump's 'toxic... | Business Insider