Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gundlach: Ignore Stocks, "There Is A Stealth Flight To Safety Going On" | ZeroHedge
- A Two-State Solution... For The West? | ZeroHedge
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- ” Climate Change ” / Everyone is on One Side of the Boat | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes on Upcoming French Elections; Finance Chief: "Le Pen Will Never Be Elected" | Financial Sense
- Starbucks' 'Brand Perception' Takes A Massive Hit After Announcing Plans To Hire 10,000 Refugees | ZeroHedge
- Intellectual Intolerance - Stunning Speech From Stanford University Provost Exposes "The Threat From Within" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 27-year-old who weighed 456 pounds survived... | Business Insider
- There are 3 big 'ifs' to watch in Trump's agenda | Business Insider
- Nearly half of Mexicans think 'El Chapo'... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel tweeted at Trump live at the Oscars: '#Merylsayshi... | Business Insider
- Multilevel marketing... | Business Insider
- 7 myths about how to stay in shape that need to die | Business Insider
- In showdown with ISIS in Syria, Trump's choices... | Business Insider