Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- China Sides With Russia On Sanctions; Ambassador Warns "Western Nations Would Be Hurting Themselves" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Trade Ideas For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- The Curse of Alexander Hamilton | iBankCoin.com
- Dollar Bears Tread Carefully, Better Tone Coming | ZeroHedge
- Market Does What It Wants to Do | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How To Use A Toll-Free Number To Make A Tumblr Audio Post | Business Insider
- The Crisis In Ukraine Echoes What Happened In Japan Back In WWII | Business Insider
- Why Johann Sebastian Bach Is The Voice Of God | Business Insider
- The Founder Of WhatsApp Posted This Unassuming Note In A Forum Five Years Ago | Business Insider
- Chilling Video Shows A Child's Life As Her Country Goes To War | Business Insider
- Here Are All The Reasons Why People Are Skeptical Of The Newsweek Bitcoin Story | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek