Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Want Them Dead" - ISIS Releases "Hit List" Of 3,600 New Yorkers | ZeroHedge
- Conspicious Consolidated Currency Calculation | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- NIRP Has Officially Arrived: Interactive Brokers Starts Charging 0.25% On Yen Cash Balances | ZeroHedge
- The Most Expensive Cities To Live In Across The Globe | ZeroHedge
- What Happens If Everybody Pulls Their Money Out Of The Bank Today? | ZeroHedge
- Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting Live Stream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the 7 stylish NFL players ushering in a new wave of sports fashion | Business Insider
- There is only one right way to apply cologne | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Here's who has the best chance at being our next... | Business Insider
- Here's why robots need to be able to say 'no' | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- The spokesman of America’s leading Satanic sect explains why Ted Cruz is nothing... | Business Insider
- We tested out the app that allows you to make free international calls without an... | Business Insider