Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Plunges To New Cycle Lows As Energy Credit Risk Hits Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Thinks Unemployment Is 42% | ZeroHedge
- THe SPiRiT oF PoPuLiSM ReBoRN... | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Releases Steaming Pile Of Epic "Non-GAAP" Gobbledygook; Stops Reporting Free Cash Flow; Stock Soars | ZeroHedge
- Woeful 3 Year Auction: Tailing Yield, Plunging Bid To Cover, Sliding Indirects | ZeroHedge
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- “Gold was like a beach ball that had been pushed too low in the water and is now bouncing higher with a vengeance” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This savory crêpe is the perfect breakfast | Business Insider
- An elephant trampled nearly 100 homes in a village in India | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' mid-season premiere is the show’s best episode in a... | Business Insider
- Billionaire CEO Marc Benioff remains a big Fitbit supporter even after it... | Business Insider
- We tried Burger King's new hot dog — here's the one issue the chain needs to... | Business Insider
- The stocks Wall Street analysts love most are getting crushed this year | Business Insider
- Disney wants to use drones to beam down images during its light shows | Business Insider