Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- General Market Topics Discussion (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Redneck Investin Part 3 - Get R Dun | ZeroHedge
- A MeSSaGe To SaNTa TRuMP... | ZeroHedge
- Is the Student Loan Bubble Getting Ready to Pop? | Financial Sense
- The War On Cash Is Happening Faster Than We Could Have Imagined | ZeroHedge
- Obama Student Loan Foregiveness Plan To Cost Taxpayers $137 Billion, GAO Finds | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Will Be Unable To Save The American Coal Industry | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A gap-filled Texas border fence reveals the... | Business Insider
- Instagram revealed who has the most followers in 2016 — here are the top 10 | Business Insider
- Ask yourself 4 questions to come up with a business idea that doesn't... | Business Insider
- A pattern is emerging with Trump's deals to save US manufacturing jobs (F... | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson reveals the biggest misconceptions people have about the... | Business Insider
- Russia's military is lashing out at the UN over aid... | Business Insider
- A famous hacker is working around regulators by making his self-... | Business Insider