Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Natural Time of Year | iBankCoin.com
- Equity Futures Fail To Surge Despite Ongoing Bad News Onslaught | ZeroHedge
- Have the Stomach for the Ride | iBankCoin.com
- Russell 2000 Enters 10% "Correction" As S&P, Dow, Transports Break Crucial Technical Support | ZeroHedge
- What Just Happened In Today's "Crazy" And Biggest Ever "Window-Dressing" Reverse Repo? | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $YELP | iBankCoin.com
- Tuesday Humor: S##t Happens, But Not In China | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Royals Manager Is Getting Destroyed Even Though His Team Had A Historic... | Business Insider
- Why eBay's Decision to Spin Off PayPal in 2015 May Be Risky Move | TheStreet.com
- The Next Version Of Windows Will Be Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- The NBA Is Considering Changing Its Lottery Draft In An Effort To Curb Tanking | Business Insider
- DAVID TEPPER: The Market Is Too Big For Bill Gross To Mean Anything | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The World’s Most Michelin-Starred Chef Is Coming Back To New York | Business Insider