Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Deploys ICBM System "In Response To Trump's Provocative Remarks" | ZeroHedge
- 80% Of Central Banks Plan To Buy More Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Executive Orders, Meetings, Cabinet Votes: A Look At Trump's Schedule On His First Monday In Office | ZeroHedge
- United Airlines Lifts Nationwide Ground-Stop After IT "Glitch" | ZeroHedge
- Julian Assange Addresses Public Concerns Regarding Riseup Canary Statement | ZeroHedge
- Treasuries Besieged by 'Idiot Money': Record Shorts in Treasuries Paint an Ominous Picture for Bond Bears | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales for 2016 Best in Decade | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shia LaBeouf got into a shouting match with a white... | Business Insider
- Controversial commentator Stacey Dash is out at Fox News | Business Insider
- Shake Shack is giving away free burgers — here’s how to get one (SHAK) | Business Insider
- Paul Ryan invites Trump to address joint session of Congress next month | Business Insider
- These are the 40 most eligible people in New York City,... | Business Insider
- Turkey's economy is being held back by bad policies | Business Insider
- This is why automakers are investing in self-driving and ride-hailing... | Business Insider