Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Charles Schwab Urges The Fed To Raise Interest Rates "As Quickly As Possible" | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- You'Ve All HeaRD Of DR I DoN'T NO: INTRoDuCiNG DR YeS... | ZeroHedge
- Why Banks Should Not Be Allowed To Manipulate Metals Markets In 4 Simple Points | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Explodes To 21 Year Highs, Beats By 10 Standard Deviations | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Did The Tech Bubble Just Quietly Pop? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meanwhile, Here's The Chatter About That Huge Financing Uber Is Doing... | Business Insider
- 26 Unbelievable Photos From The Battered Heart Of Ukraine | Business Insider
- Obama's Big Immigration Speech Sets Up Possible Shutdown... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Watch These Second Graders React To The New 'Average' Barbie | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Ukrainians in rebel east brace for winter among the ruins... | Business Insider