Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Surprising Twist, Ackman Named As Potential Buyer Of Icahn Herbalife Stake | ZeroHedge
- It Begins: Barney Frank Tells Yellen Not To Hike Before The Election, "It Risks Destabilizing Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Enters The Media Wars | ZeroHedge
- Meditation May Be the Key to Becoming a Better Investor | ZeroHedge
- China's Great Divide: A New Cultural Revolution? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla still doesn't get enough credit for how incredible the Model S is (tsla) | Business Insider
- I was an illegal second child in China | Business Insider
- How Britney Spears makes and spends her millions | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders has big plans to keep his 'revolution... | Business Insider
- How... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is frequently using a phrase that he mocked Jeb Bush for in the primary | Business Insider