Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Industrial Profits Soar Most In 18 Months But Overcapacity Looms | ZeroHedge
- Mega M&A Is Back: Abbott Buys St. Jude Medical For $25 Billion, 37% Premium | ZeroHedge
- The Full Story Behind Bloomberg's Attempt To "Unmask" Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- Did Bernie Sanders Just Go Full Establishment? | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- What Americans Spent The Most Money On In Q1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The second-largest acquisition in the history of venture capital happened today — here... | Business Insider
- 20 people were arrested as protests turned violent outside a Trump rally | Business Insider
- A man who studied rich people for 5 years found there are 3 aspects of... | Business Insider
- A firm that lets you pay whatever you want is revolutionizing... | Business Insider
- Priceline's CEO is resigning because of a personal relationship with an employee | Business Insider
- North Carolina's 'bathroom law' could go on... | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider