Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Slams Ukraine Decision To Cut-Off Gas To East As "Genocidal" | ZeroHedge
- 14 Signs That Most Americans Are Flat Broke And Totally Unprepared For The Coming Economic Crisis | ZeroHedge
- How To Trade Oil For HFT Idiots 102 | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Surge Most Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- If The Fed Continues This, "There Won't Be Any Active Managers Left In 5 Years" | ZeroHedge
- Mid-Day Screens | iBankCoin.com
- US Posts First Negative Inflation Print Since Lehman On Gas Price Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING REPORT: Real-time bidding is taking over the digital ad... | Business Insider
- Brit Awards crown Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs employees got the billion dollar payout they... | Business Insider
- Greek bank deposits return after bailout extension | Business Insider
- 'Cape calm and carry on': Madonna mocked after... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, USO, OIL, ZXP, IACI,... | Business Insider
- Unidentified drones reappear over Paris during night | Business Insider