Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin Back Near Record Highs As SEC Reviews ETF-Blocking Decision | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Tax Reform Plan: A Cheatsheet Of What Is Known, Leaked, And Is Still Unknown | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- Softer Hard Data Weighs on Stocks | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Stumbles As Stock Market Optimism Plunges Most In 15 Months | ZeroHedge
- World Stocks Hit All Time High, S&P Futures Rise To Within 1% Of Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush group have reportedly reached an agreement to... | Business Insider
- The eSports competitive video gaming market continues to grow revenues &... | Business Insider
- It looks like Amber Heard and Elon Musk are definitely in... | Business Insider
- Here's how Parisians reacted to the first-round presidential... | Business Insider
- The entire US Senate is headed to the... | Business Insider
- A Thai man reportedly livestreamed the murder of his child and... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek