Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Update: Sentiment, Seasonality, and Price Patterns Look Favorable | Financial Sense
- Bubble Finance And A Tale Of Two Spheres | ZeroHedge
- To Social Media's Horror - It 'Is' Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Circular Logic Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- China's 1929 Moment | ZeroHedge
- The Hunt For a Big Winner | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Germany wrong to propose temporary 'Grexit':... | Business Insider
- There's a secret Uber VIP program — here's how you become a part of it | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton expects to face a Republican super PAC 'avalanche... | Business Insider
- This might be the only major difference between the next iPhone and the iPhone 6 (... | Business Insider
- Mourinho seethes as Arsenal land Wembley blow | Business Insider
- Iran is going to start snapping up Boeing and... | Business Insider
- Whole Foods' future is looking more bleak | Business Insider