Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere | Financial Sense
- Yellen’s Tiger Riding Dilemma Keeps Interest Rates Near Zero | Financial Sense
- "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege | ZeroHedge
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- Rig Count Decline Reaches 16 Weeks, Pace Of Decline Drops Dramatically | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage & Hawkish Yellen Leave Dow In The Red For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- The Quiet Before the Storm | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Early morning dance parties take off in US | Business Insider
- Hedge funds don't want to be called hedge funds anymore | Business Insider
- The co-pilot of Germanwings flight 9525 reportedly told his... | Business Insider
- Rooney, Kane on target in England stroll | Business Insider
- Nigeria wraps up presidential election campaign | Business Insider
- Abenomics is back to square zero as Japanese inflation disappears | Business Insider
- The truth about how often you should wash your hair, according to science | Business Insider