Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Summarizing The President's Busy Weekend | ZeroHedge
- Two Weeks After Upgrading Stocks, Goldman Downgrades Stocks | ZeroHedge
- James Simons – Mathematics, Common Sense, and Good Luck | iBankCoin.com
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Singapore Takes More Steps To Becoming Global Gold Hub | ZeroHedge
- The Italian Government Owes Over $100 Billion To Private Suppliers | ZeroHedge
- China Cements Eurasian Trade Routes With Great Silk Road Revival: The Infographic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Facebook Stock Continues to Rise Today | TheStreet.com
- MH17 Black Box Data Shows Evidence Of Missile Strike | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Was Apple's Demolition of BlackBerry 'Click Bait' or Did It Actually Happen? | TheStreet.com
- Putin's MH17 Lies Have Grave Consequences... | Business Insider
- Scarlett Johansson's Superhero Movie 'Lucy' Had A Killer Weekend At The Box Office... | Business Insider
- The Argument For Obama Working With Assad Against ISIS Just Got A Lot Weaker | Business Insider