Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar General's Startling Admission: Half Of U.S. Consumers Are Feeling More "Dire" Than Ever | ZeroHedge
- One Scary Chart: Venezuela's Currency Disintegrates | ZeroHedge
- Trump Warns US Companies There Will Be "Consequences" For Outsourcing Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar To Record 95.1 Million: Jump By 446,000 In One Month | ZeroHedge
- "The World Has Changed" - Average S&P Target Before Trump: 2,087; After Trump: 2,425 | ZeroHedge
- Is the Student Loan Bubble Getting Ready to Pop? | Financial Sense
- Stanford Study Reveals California Pensions Underfunded By $1 Trillion Or $93k Per Household | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump and his team are shocked that people... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs shares have been on a tear since the... | Business Insider
- Bond giant Pimco is settling with the government for $... | Business Insider
- These 16 subscription boxes are the gifts that keep on giving this holiday... | Business Insider
- 10 items not to buy from Costco | Business Insider
- Von Miller sent a bottle of wine and a thoughtful letter to every... | Business Insider
- 6 research-backed ways to live a happier and more... | Business Insider