Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- The Most 'Distrusted' News Sources In America | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Slides Below $81 | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape - Some Folks Jumped The White House Fence, Again | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Derrick Rose Made The Entire Cavs Defense Look Silly | Business Insider
- Inflation Inches Up (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Boeing profits up on higher commercial deliveries | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- The Rise And Fall Of The iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Pistorius sentencing: Live Report | Business Insider
- Adobe Pulls Gawker Sponsorship After A Writer Tweeted A Joke About Bullying In The... | Business Insider