Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Real Estate Big Picture... A Thesis In Moral Hazard | ZeroHedge
- As Goes Uber? New York City Drops English Test For Yellow Cab Drivers | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber Rings the Alarm Bell, Predicts a 50% Near Term Correction in Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Brexit Probably Most Bullish Thing That Happened This Summer | Financial Sense
- A Displeased Colin Powell Accuses Hillary Of "Trying To Pin" Email Scandal On His Advice | ZeroHedge
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy Of 2016 Election, Blame Trump | ZeroHedge
- Wrong Then, Even Wronger Now: Asininity On Raising Inflation Target To 4% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Theft is erasing some of self-checkout's benefits | Business Insider
- This device can turn your kitchen into a four-star restaurant | Business Insider
- Elite colleges are ditching a major admissions requirement | Business Insider
- Food has gotten so bad at one prison that inmates... | Business Insider
- Business Insider invites you to share your opinion | Business Insider
- A team of hackers has changed the future of computing forever | Business Insider
- 7 tricks for getting people to do what you want | Business Insider