Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Police Forces To Carry Guns For First Time In Over 60 Years | ZeroHedge
- After General Motors’ Earnings… | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Banks And 100,000 ‘Outlets’ Selling Gold!! | ZeroHedge
- Here Comes The Next Great Rotation: Out Of Stocks And Into Bonds | ZeroHedge
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: April 23 | ZeroHedge
- BACK IN HELL | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- '24' Producers Explain When Jack Bauer Goes To The Bathroom On The... | Business Insider
- LIVE! Real Madrid Scores A Beautiful Counterattacking Goal Against... | Business Insider
- Etsy Just Bought Boutique Electronics Startup Grand St. | Business Insider
- Apple Reports A Big Miss On iPad Sales (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Pizza Hut Is Quietly Testing A New Cafe Concept In India | Business Insider
- NEW YORKERS: Brace Yourselves For The Montreal-New York Bagel Hybrid | Business Insider
- Australia To Buy 58 More F-35 Fighter Jets For $11.6 Billion | Business Insider