Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Feb 8, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Chesapeake Plummets Over 20% On Report It Has Hired Bankruptcy Attorneys | ZeroHedge
- "Timmy" Geithner Gets Loan From Jamie Dimon For PE Investment | ZeroHedge
- Russian-OPEC Production Cut Remains a Long Shot | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: How To Defeat Your Government | ZeroHedge
- Futures, Global Stocks Tumble As Europe Bank, Periphery Carnage Unfolds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HEDGE FUND MANAGER: Cord-cutting isn't going to kill Comcast (CMCSA) | Business Insider
- This ice cream sundae topped with potato chips, pretzels, and peanuts is surprisingly... | Business Insider
- 5 things you need to know about North Korea... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's Joe LaVorgna thinks March is off the... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- HARRY DENT: 'This looks like the beginning of the end' | Business Insider
- BRONCOS WIN THE SUPER BOWL! — Here are the plays and moments everybody... | Business Insider