Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Major Cycle Low Upcoming in Gold | Financial Sense
- Everyone Is Missing The Most Troubling Part About Hillary's Email Audit! | ZeroHedge
- A Chinese Mask Factory Has Already Picked The Next US President | ZeroHedge
- The Source of Failure: We Optimize What We Measure | ZeroHedge
- Unintended Consequences: Easy Money = Overcapacity = Trade Wars | ZeroHedge
- Former Morgan Stanley Chief Asia Economist: "Don't Listen To The Ruling Elite, The World Economy Is In Real Trouble" | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Foundation Snafu: Video Footage Catches FBI Probe Suspects Arriving At Hillary's House | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The largest luxury homebuilder in the US admitted the startling truth about the housing... | Business Insider
- There are rare deals on Sonos' exceptional speakers today | Business Insider
- BMW has created 100 years worth of incredible machines — here are some of the best | Business Insider
- The rise of reloadable prepaid... | Business Insider
- A 'game changer' technology on Wall Street could shake up stock... | Business Insider
- Facebook and Snapchat are reaping the... | Business Insider