Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Keep Taking Selfies with This Chart | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: July 19 | ZeroHedge
- MSFT/IBM Boomerang'd As Russia Retaliates, Prepares To Cease Imports Of US IT | ZeroHedge
- The Economist Touts "Cyberdream" Of Global 'National ID System' | ZeroHedge
- The New Scariest Chart In America | ZeroHedge
- Over 50 Killed In Gaza As Israel Shelling Is "Fiercest Since 1967 War" | ZeroHedge
- How to Persuade Anyone of Anything in Ten Seconds | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are The Countries That Would Be Most Affected By A Russia Gas Disruption... | Business Insider
- Fox Asset Sales Would Allow Murdoch To Raise His Time Warner Bid To $100 Per Share | Business Insider
- Here's A Really Simple Argument That Stocks Will Keep... | Business Insider
- BLOOMBERG: Rupert Murdoch Is Considering Selling Sky Assets To... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- One Of Bitcoin's Strongest Backers Reveals The Two Big Reasons Why It's Still Not... | Business Insider