Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Turkey Exports ISIS Oil To The World: The Scientific Evidence | ZeroHedge
- Juncker Warns Euro Is Doomed, "Pointless" If Schengen Fails | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Will Low Oil Prices Increase Internal Instability In Conflict Countries? | ZeroHedge
- How Green Energy Really Works | ZeroHedge
- The Death Of Damascus: Images From Syria's War-Torn Capital | ZeroHedge
- US Ally Saudi Arabia's New King Likes Beheading People More Than His Predecessor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rocket attack on UN base in north Mali kills 3, injures 20... | Business Insider
- What everyone involved in the Syria conflict wants in one giant slide | Business Insider
- 29 things you should never include on your résumé | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Former luncheonette owner chooses to die in her... | Business Insider
- No. 3 Hawkeyes go to 12-0 with 28-20 victory over Nebraska... | Business Insider
- AD says Miles to stay, LSU beats Texas A&M 19-7 | Business Insider