Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GREEKALYPSE NOW | iBankCoin.com
- The Surprising Demise of Reddit | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- The Economist Calls Victory For "No" Camp: Sees 60% Voting "Oxi" | ZeroHedge
- AVeRAGe WeeKLY WoRKiNG HouRS IN EuRoPe... | ZeroHedge
- A Suckers Market | iBankCoin.com
- What Does Greece Have to do with Me? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Scores' killed by Nigeria female suicide bombers | Business Insider
- We tried George Washington's secret beer recipe | Business Insider
- Here's what... | Business Insider
- Shanghai stocks leap 7.82% at open on government boosts | Business Insider
- Japan hails new UNESCO listing despite Korean qualms | Business Insider
- Britain's film industry is booming and the... | Business Insider
- A petition to remove Ellen Pao as Reddit CEO has added more... | Business Insider