Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ask Courageous Ben Bernanke Anything, Courtesy Of The WSJ | ZeroHedge
- The Derivatives Market: Bets, Bookies, and Fraud | ZeroHedge
- Glencore Stock Is Re-Crashing | ZeroHedge
- One True Measure Of Stagnation: Not In The Labor Force | ZeroHedge
- What Happens To Our Economy As Millions Of People Lose The Habits Of Hard Work? | ZeroHedge
- Lashed To The Zero Bound - The Fed's Ship Of Fools | ZeroHedge
- It Doesn't Matter (Until It Does) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- California governor signs hard-won right-to-die... | Business Insider
- Marijuana pesticide flap brings consumer lawsuit in... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's plan for ISIS and Syria doesn't make a whole lot... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The 9 coolest robots Alphabet is working on | Business Insider
- Model sues Bill Cosby over alleged 2008 sexual assault | Business Insider
- BEN CARSON: I would have attacked the Oregon shooter | Business Insider