Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Rebounds in June | Financial Sense
- Farage Slams The EU Parliament: "You're Not Laughing Now Are You?" | ZeroHedge
- 'Elites' Called To Arms: "It's Time To Rise Up Against The Ignorant Masses" | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Keith Barron on Helicopter Drops, Gold, and Brexit | Financial Sense
- "Welcome To Hell" - Angry Unpaid First Responders Warn "Whoever Comes To Rio Will Not Be Safe" | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Accidentally Reveal How Lucrative It Is To Be A Friend Of The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scarlett Johansson is now the highest-grossing female movie star... | Business Insider
- Mobile wallets make moves in Asia (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Report: The Lakers ownership is a mess, and they're approaching a key date to... | Business Insider
- The Fed's job keeps getting more and more complicated | Business Insider
- 27 annoying words on your résumé that make hiring managers cringe | Business Insider
- A Tesla investor says Elon Musk’s family ties led to... | Business Insider
- 7 electric cars that could challenge Tesla's Model S (TSLA) | Business Insider