Covered Call Picks (ZNGA,VHC,NFLX,CRUS,RVBD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||35.3||36||3||8.50%||Aug-12|
|CRUS||Cirrus Logic Inc||27.6||28||2.1||7.60%||Aug-12|
|RVBD||Riverbed Technology Inc||15.3||16||1.1||7.30%||Aug-12|
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $4.8. Its 52 week range is between $4.45 and $15.91.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $35.25. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $81.82. Its 52 week range is between $60.7 and $285.5.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.6. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $31.23.
Riverbed Technology Inc (RVBD) is currently trading at $15.29. Its 52 week range is between $13.3 and $32.67.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver Lining in Soft Econ Reads | Financial Sense
- And The Market Breaks (As VIX Hits 2015 Lows) | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Accidentally E-mails Top-Secret Brexit Plan To Newspaper | ZeroHedge
- Despite Weak Economic Data Overnight, Futures Slide On Rate Hike Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Tick Tock, The Greek Time Bomb Is About To Go Off | ZeroHedge
- Despite Weaker-Than-Expected PMI, Chinese Stocks Stumble | ZeroHedge
- Top 10 Banks To Sell Your Soul | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a new game coming out based on an insane glitch in the original... | Business Insider
- The '3-email rule' is the key to solving the biggest problem with your inbox | Business Insider
- These 2 simple slides show just how hot FinTech is right... | Business Insider
- 14 gorgeous photos of beaches in Croatia | Business Insider
- Protesters are trying to 'drought shame' Nestle out of... | Business Insider
- Why the iconic Walt Disney Pictures logo was changed for ‘Tomorrowland’ | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com