Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Home Sales Collapse 20% From May To Dec 2012 Levels; Biggest Miss In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Based on the Non-Massaged Data, the US is Back in Recession | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- The First Victims of the End of QE – Small Cap Stocks and Junk Bonds | Financial Sense
- No Inflation Friday: Dollarized Panama Issues Price Controls For Basic Goods | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- CEO Of Russia's 2nd Largest Gold Producer Is "Horrified" At Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider
- Beyond Sweet, Salty, Bitter, And Sour: The Human Tongue Might Taste More Than 15... | Business Insider
- 12 Cool Things You Can Do With Apple TV (AAPL) | Business Insider
- There Are A Bunch Of Startups That Find You Money You Didn... | Business Insider
- Jack Black Tried To Walk Through Comic-Con Unnoticed As A Stormtrooper And Failed... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Wait for a Bigger Pullback in Visa | TheStreet.com