Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Consumer Confidence Strongly Beats Expectations | Financial Sense
- Obama's Former Doctor Says Hillary "Should Have A Thorough Neurological Exam" | ZeroHedge
- Massive Debt Bubble in Ireland and Globally Sees Wealthy Diversify Into Gold | ZeroHedge
- Could a Lithium Shortage Derail the Electric Car Boom? | Financial Sense
- Deere, Monsanto Slide After DOJ Files Suit To Block Precision Planting Deal; Ag Sector Lower | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- These images show the US-South Korean exercise North Korea threatened with a... | Business Insider
- Go inside the glassy skyscraper condo Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen are selling... | Business Insider
- A man who went from his last few hundred dollars to earning $250,000 a year explains how his... | Business Insider
- What a hidden graveyard from the Roman Empire can... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk: 'Major improvements to Autopilot' coming with 8.0... | Business Insider
- Amazon and Wells Fargo have ended a partnership for... | Business Insider