Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- How Turkey Exports ISIS Oil To The World: The Scientific Evidence | ZeroHedge
- Epsilon Theory: Two Discoveries | Financial Sense
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- Overheard At The Trumpsgiving Day Parade | ZeroHedge
- How The Scots Welcome 'Visitors' | ZeroHedge
- If "Everything's Awesome" Why Did Aussie CapEx Just Collapse By The Most In Its 30 Year History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 14 incredible facts about Texas | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Heat grows on US for independent probe into MSF... | Business Insider
- Polish experts analyzing data concerning alleged Nazi... | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Why you should take advantage of Black... | Business Insider