Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Loan Creation Tumbles, Lowest Credit Growth In 20 Months | ZeroHedge
- Hussman Warns S&P 500 Over-Valuation Now Higher Than Housing In 2006 | ZeroHedge
- Former US Defense Secretary Gates Admits "Crimea Will Not Slip Out Of Russia's Hands" | ZeroHedge
- Walking Down the Noir Alley of Smokes | iBankCoin.com
- Libya Impounds North Korea Oil Tanker From Rebel-Held Port | ZeroHedge
- Global Debt Crosses $100 Trillion, Rises By $30 Trillion Since 2007; $27 Trillion Is "Foreign-Held" | ZeroHedge
- Famished for Moar Gains | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Taylor Swift Tops Billboard's Highest-Paid Singers | Business Insider
- Paul Allen Is Taking His 'Tatoosh' Yacht Off The Market After Failing To... | Business Insider
- Charts Like This Bring Back Bad Memories For Me | Business Insider
- Liam Neeson And Obama Send A Message To Putin In 'SNL' Cold... | Business Insider
- Here's How 2 Passengers Were Able To Board The... | Business Insider
- Subway Is Strapping Brain Monitors On People To Promote Its New 'Flatizza' Menu Item | Business Insider
- Two Of The GOP's Top Presidential Prospects Are Engaged In A Very Public Feud | Business Insider