Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NeW WoRLD ODouR... | ZeroHedge
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Over 60% Of Republicans And Independents Believe Trump Was Surveilled By Obama | ZeroHedge
- George W. Bush On Trump's Inauguration: "That Was Some Weird Shit" | ZeroHedge
- The Robots Win: Blackrock Bets On Computers Over Human Stock Pickers, Fires Dozens | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn's Presentation How GM Can Unlock Between $13 And $38 Billion In Value | ZeroHedge
- Can Trump Turn Back Time On Coal Mining Employment? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 bad answers to common job interview questions | Business Insider
- There's a way to invest in a cleaner environment, and the market is... | Business Insider
- JPMORGAN: Wall Street is underestimating the next iPhone 'super cycle... | Business Insider
- If you’re getting ready for the GMAT or LSAT, this week is a good time to invest... | Business Insider
- Exchange students view US high schools as sports-obsessed and not very... | Business Insider
- The auto industry is handing out its biggest incentives... | Business Insider
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider