Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Deploys Troops, Robots Along Entire "2nd Middle East" Arctic Belt | ZeroHedge
- Spot The "Broken Market" Day | ZeroHedge
- And Here is Opportunity | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap October 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Why It Better Not Snow This Winter, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- EleVader Down for Crude to the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Chart Du Jour: The Broken Market Fallacy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I Haven't Worked Out This Much Since I Was 18, And It's All Because Of This Startup | Business Insider
- Total chief executive De Margerie killed in Moscow... | Business Insider
- Google's Third Employee On The Most Important Thing To Remember About Our... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 10/... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why A Quarter Of The World's Best-Performing CEOs Studied Engineering | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- A Startup That Will Come Over And Blow Dry Your Hair Just Raised $7 Million | Business Insider