Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver Buyers Keep Stacking And Demand Higher ... Yet Prices Fall | ZeroHedge
- The Tower Of Babel Comes To Paris: The Folly Of Obama's "War" On ISIS | ZeroHedge
- The Good and the Bad Before BABA | iBankCoin.com
- Silver & Small Caps Slump As Bonds & Dollar Jump | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When Scottish Voters Give It Their 110%, According To CNN | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Alibaba Open Indication Puts Its Market Cap Greater Than Facebook, Verizon, JPMorgan, Just Under Wal-Mart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kiev, rebels sign peace plan memorandum: negotiators | Business Insider
- China troops withdraw from India border as Xi visit ends | Business Insider
- Here's Your First Look At What May Be Samsung's Next Metal Galaxy Phone | Business Insider
- HANGOVER: These Are The Scenes Of Drunken Disappointment... | Business Insider
- Lionsgate Is Making A Movie With Two Of YouTube’s Biggest Stars | Business Insider
- ISIS Carried Out A 'Complex And Penetrating Attack' In The Capital Of Iraq For The... | Business Insider
- This 3D Printer Is Specifically Made To Work In Zero-Gravity In Space | Business Insider