Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap September 30, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Future Bull | Financial Sense
- Gold Is “Universally Acceptable” and Why China Is Buying - Greenspan | ZeroHedge
- The Ethics Of Disease Control | ZeroHedge
- Going Gray | Financial Sense
- "Not A Good Sign" Argentine Stocks, Bonds Crash As Central Bank Chief Resigns | ZeroHedge
- AFTER FURTHER REVIEW | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kate Walsh's Mom Is Running A Great Ad Campaign For Her Daughter... | Business Insider
- People Went Crazy When Steve Jobs Demonstrated How WiFi Works Back In 1999 (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- Google's Bus Drivers Say They Work Long Hours For Little Pay | Business Insider
- Pebble Slashes The Price Of Its Smartwatch To $99 Before Apple Starts Selling The... | Business Insider
- Will Vivint Solar's Debut Prove Elon Musk's Case for Residential Solar? | TheStreet.com
- LIVE: Microsoft Is Giving Us A Look At The New Version Of Windows, Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- China's 'Facts On The Ground' In Hong Kong | Business Insider