Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Alan Greenspan: Ron Paul Was Right About The Gold Standard | ZeroHedge
- Bannon Breaks With Pence, Delivers Warning To Europe | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Finds That 80% Of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities | ZeroHedge
- Break Up The USA? | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Short This Dog, Report 20 Feb, 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Putin Gold Buying Is Back – Buys One Million Ounces In January | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ACLU: Here's what you should and shouldn't do... | Business Insider
- This little-known Amazon service turns stuff you want to get rid of into store credit... | Business Insider
- 3 banks just landed key roles on what could be the biggest IPO of all time | Business Insider
- Batman fans will be able to buy an insane $250 Batmobile from the 'Justice League... | Business Insider
- Families say homeopathic remedies harmed hundreds of... | Business Insider
- There are 5 places in the US where you need to make over $... | Business Insider
- Kraft Heinz is sliding after killing its plan to merge with... | Business Insider