Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "What The F**k Was That?" | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Plunges On Japan Stimulus Concerns; US Futures Flat With As Fed Begins Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Miami Police Station Evacuated, Bomb Squad Detonates Suspicious Package | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Tale of Two Economies: Industrial vs. Consumer | Financial Sense
- Everything Hinges on Inflation (Expectations) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McDonald's customers are 'exploiting' the company with a... | Business Insider
- Most Americans are freaked out by brain chips and synthetic blood | Business Insider
- Fully understand the Fintech Ecosystem with this report | Business Insider
- This startup makes the most comfortable pair of underwear I’ve ever worn | Business Insider
- This toy makes us think the Joker may be dressing up as Batman in 'Suicide Squad... | Business Insider
- Apple Music just bought the popular 'Carpool Karaoke'... | Business Insider
- Here's the difference between ice cream, gelato, soft serve, frozen custard, sherbet,... | Business Insider