Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- The Recent Liquidation Avalanche As Explained By Dan Loeb, And Why He Is Back To Shorting Stocks Again | ZeroHedge
- Universities Feel the Gales of Creative Destruction | Financial Sense
- EleVader Down for Crude to the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I Spent A Weekend Driving The Most Beautiful Car I've Ever Seen — The Jaguar F-Type... | Business Insider
- The 18 Most Cliché Halloween Costumes Of 2014 | Business Insider
- 3 Dead After Small Plane And Helicopter Collide At Maryland... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- This Scientist Opened A New Era In Astronomy | Business Insider
- Slack Defends Facebook Rooms, Says Their Apps Are Not The... | Business Insider
- US urgent air bag warning affects 7.8 mn cars | Business Insider