Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Good Riddance To QE - It Was Just Plain Financial Fraud | ZeroHedge
- Another Purchase Of HCLP For $44.48 | iBankCoin.com
- First Sell-Side Responses To FOMC Trickle In: "This Should Be A Risk Off Trade" | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Rises 3.5% Despite Sharp Slowdown In Consumption, Pushed Higher By Government Spending Spree | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Dow Is Up 110 Points, Visa Is 120 Of Them | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- See Inside A Tiny 86-Square-Foot Paris Apartment With A Bed In The Cupboard | Business Insider
- US right-to-die woman holds on, in new video | Business Insider
- Stocks Are Lower Ahead Of The Fed (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, FB, ORB, FCAU) | Business Insider
- Mesmerizing Photos Of The Lava That's Slowly Swallowing Land On Hawaii's Big Island... | Business Insider
- Seth Rogen To Play Steve Wozniak In Steve Jobs Biopic | Business Insider
- Judge Hands Down Potentially Crushing Ruling Against Donald Trump In... | Business Insider
- Samsung's Strange, Curvy New Galaxy Phone May Be Coming To The US Next Month... | Business Insider