Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap Mar 4, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Drop, Dollar Pops, As "Good News Is Bad News" | ZeroHedge
- History Made: For The First Time Ever, US Consumers Spent More On Food In Restaurants Than In Grocery Stores | ZeroHedge
- The Psychology of a Sideways Trend | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Yesterday Was A Very Sad Day For America | ZeroHedge
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! | Altucher Confidential
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mayweather is 'biggest challenge of my life... | Business Insider
- What on Earth is SpaceX doing at a video game conference? | Business Insider
- A millionaire in Finland got a $60,000 speeding ticket | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Presidential hopeful is sorry if you were... | Business Insider
- ING exits US insurer Voya with $2 billion share sale | Business Insider
- 15 colleges with the best return on investment | Business Insider