Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Says Fed Buying Stocks Is "A Good Thing To Think About" And Could Help In A Downturn | ZeroHedge
- Even High School Kids Can See That Massive Systemic Risk That Deutsche Bank Represents | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Campaign In "Full Panic Mode" Over Black Voter Turnout In Florida | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Mirage of Spending Cuts Will Make America’s Collapse Great | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- Why Even Racists Need The Freedom To Speak | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump’s campaign might upend Mexico's entire... | Business Insider
- The Apache helicopter is about to get more lethal against fighter jets | Business Insider
- Beware of fraudulent IRS emails in your inbox | Business Insider
- This is the best coffee machine you can buy, according to the founder of a popular... | Business Insider
- A cybersecurity firm is telling two very different stories of the Yahoo hack to news organizations... | Business Insider
- The EpiPen costs 88% less in the UK than in the US | Business Insider
- Petro-currencies are decoupling from oil (USD, DXY, JPY, NZD, NOK) | Business Insider