Covered Call Picks (FB,CHK,LVS,USO,C)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHK||Chesapeake Energy Corp||18.2||19||1.3||7.10%||Sep-12|
|LVS||Las Vegas Sands Corp||36.4||37||1.9||5.20%||Sep-12|
|USO||United States Oil||33.4||33.5||1.6||4.90%||Sep-12|
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $26.85. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $45.
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) is currently trading at $18.15. Its 52 week range is between $13.32 and $35.75.
Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS) is currently trading at $36.41. Its 52 week range is between $36.08 and $62.09.
United States Oil (USO) is currently trading at $33.41. Its 52 week range is $29.02 and $42.3.
Citigroup Inc (C) is currently trading at $26.28. Its 52 week range is between $21.4 and $39.42.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISM Services Collapse To Lowest In 4 Years; Employment Worst Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Staples Celebrates The Recovery With 225 Store Closures, Sales Plunge | ZeroHedge
- The Herd Mentality – The Left Tail Will Follow The Right Tail | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- China Congress Post-Mortem Or Li's Mission Impossible | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- Can the Market Sustain All-Time Highs? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Reasons Banana Republic Is Failing | Business Insider
- Obama Announces First Sanctions On Russians And Crimeans Involved In The Ukraine... | Business Insider
- The 25 Best Companies For LGBT Employees | Business Insider
- 5 Cult TV Shows We Wish Netflix Would Bring Back | TheStreet.com
- US HOUSEHOLD NET WORTH RISES BY $3 TRILLION | Business Insider
- Lufthansa's New 'Premium Economy' Class Comes With Tons Of Leg Room... | Business Insider
- Here's What The Chinese Bond Market Looks Like | Business Insider