Covered Call Picks (VHC,OCZ,VQ,NAV,WLT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $23.66. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $6.27. Its 52 week range is between $4.14 and $10.05.
Venoco Inc (VQ) is currently trading at $9.27. Its 52 week range is between $6.5 and $13.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $24.6. Its 52 week range is $20.21 and $52.36.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $34.3. Its 52 week range is between $31.33 and $126.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Schwarzman, Dimon, Fink Will Advise Trump How To Create Jobs | ZeroHedge
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
- 7 Reasons that the Corporate Media Is Pro-War | ZeroHedge
- Buyers Remorse? Trump Supporter Was Foreclosed On By Treasury Pick Steve Mnuchin | ZeroHedge
- House Quietly Passes Bill Targeting "Russian Propaganda" Websites | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Gains One Vote On First Day Of Wisconsin Recount | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises To 10-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The English language is undergoing a "dad-ification" | Business Insider
- Vikings lose to Cowboys after referees miss seemingly obvious penalty on... | Business Insider
- How to split the bill when grabbing dinner or drinks with coworkers | Business Insider
- DAVID CAMERON: A Marine Le Pen victory in France would be... | Business Insider
- Sirius XM approached Pandora board about acquisition (P, SIRI) | Business Insider
- Trump is forming an economic advisory team with the... | Business Insider
- Here's how many people are watching one of Netflix's most... | Business Insider