Covered Call Picks (VHC,OCZ,VQ,NAV,WLT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $23.66. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $6.27. Its 52 week range is between $4.14 and $10.05.
Venoco Inc (VQ) is currently trading at $9.27. Its 52 week range is between $6.5 and $13.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $24.6. Its 52 week range is $20.21 and $52.36.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $34.3. Its 52 week range is between $31.33 and $126.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NY Regulator Demands Government Monitors "Inside" Barclays And Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Industrial Production Collapses At Fastest Rate Since 2011 Tsunami | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Paying Their Union Dues | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks on the Right Track Today | iBankCoin.com
- Our Totalitarian Future - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- 3 Reasons Yellen's FOMC Remains Dovish | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff And Doug Casey On The "Real" State Of The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 150 Feared Trapped In Landslide In India Village | Business Insider
- Jobless Claims In-Line With Expectations (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Tesla Might Need Blowout Earnings To Keep Shares From Tumbling | Business Insider
- China's Elites Are Now Playing Polo | Business Insider
- Steven Cohen's Still Got It | Business Insider
- Here's The Top LinkedIn Tip From Its Director Of Product Management | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Will Release A Book Ahead Of His Potential... | Business Insider