Covered Call Picks (VHC,OCZ,VQ,NAV,WLT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $23.66. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $6.27. Its 52 week range is between $4.14 and $10.05.
Venoco Inc (VQ) is currently trading at $9.27. Its 52 week range is between $6.5 and $13.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $24.6. Its 52 week range is $20.21 and $52.36.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $34.3. Its 52 week range is between $31.33 and $126.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fastest Pace Of Withdrawals From JPM's Gold Vault In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
- "Real" Stock Volatility In October Highest Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Burst Chinese Housing Bubble Leads To First Annual Price Decline Since 2012; Prices Drop In Record 69 Cities | ZeroHedge
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- MAY YOU BURN IN THE FIRES OF 1,000 SUNS | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap October 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Taking A Spin | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Real Wall Street Stories That Should Be Movies | Business Insider
- 3 Ways To Become A CEO Before You Turn 30 | Business Insider
- 21 Depressing Photos Of Kmart Stores | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer Says Amazon Needs to Deliver Better Results in the Next Quarter | TheStreet.com
- Here's What The MTA Has To Say About Ebola On The Subway | Business Insider
- Why A Feminist Professor Is Teaching An Entire Class About Beyoncé | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton Blasts Wall Street | Business Insider