Covered Call Picks (VHC,OCZ,VQ,NAV,WLT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $23.66. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $6.27. Its 52 week range is between $4.14 and $10.05.
Venoco Inc (VQ) is currently trading at $9.27. Its 52 week range is between $6.5 and $13.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $24.6. Its 52 week range is $20.21 and $52.36.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $34.3. Its 52 week range is between $31.33 and $126.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Elites Are Orchestrating A Global Catastrophe: "There Are Many Things The President Does Not Know" | ZeroHedge
- What Trump’s Next 100 Days Will Look Like | Financial Sense
- Obama To Receive $400,000 Speaking Fee At Cantor Fitzgerald Conference | ZeroHedge
- Neil Ty - The Scientism Guy | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Steel Crashes After Slashing Guidance By More Than 50% | ZeroHedge
- 11 Facts That Prove The 2017 US Economy Is In Far Worse Shape Than It Was In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- US To Test Fire ICBM Tonight That Can Reach North Korea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Procrastinating on filing taxes may be hurting the US economy | Business Insider
- Apple Pay goes live with bill pay (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Spotify is hiring people to cook up hardware as innovative as the Amazon Echo | Business Insider
- Consumer confidence slides | Business Insider
- The Galaxy S8 is a beautiful phone, but it's also extremely... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek