Covered Call Picks (VHC,OCZ,VQ,NAV,WLT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $23.66. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $6.27. Its 52 week range is between $4.14 and $10.05.
Venoco Inc (VQ) is currently trading at $9.27. Its 52 week range is between $6.5 and $13.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $24.6. Its 52 week range is $20.21 and $52.36.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $34.3. Its 52 week range is between $31.33 and $126.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- $TWTR Chatter | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed Is Running On The Final Fumes Of Its Credibility | ZeroHedge
- THe INTeRViEW... | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- "Costs": North Korean's Internet Is Under Attack | ZeroHedge
- Credit Doesn't Care What the FOMC Says: The "Recovery" That Never Was Is Over | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Set For Record Open On Crude Commentary, Stable Russian Ruble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pardew bids to avoid unwanted record for derby defeats | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Daymond John Explains What He... | Business Insider
- 'Ebola Fears' And Other Things Economists Are Saying To... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know In Advertising Today | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Never Let Your Kids Play With Your Smartphone | Business Insider
- Gabbiadini saves Sampdoria on possible swansong | Business Insider
- 'Bitcoin Millionaire' Charlie Shrem... | Business Insider