Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No ID, No Problem - Feds Overrule North Carolina Voting Rules As "Discriminatory" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI 'Steady' At 18-Month Highs Despite Drop In Production, New Orders | ZeroHedge
- Best Gold & Silver Forecasters Revise 2016 Targets Sharply Higher | Financial Sense
- The New York Times Had Trouble Fact-Checking Hillary's Speech - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Even Bank of America Is Losing It: "Bring On The Herikoputa!" | ZeroHedge
- The DNC Summarized (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- The FDA's Cigar Fascism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the tech jobs that have the best and worst work-life balance... | Business Insider
- These 7 apps will transform your body — and change your life | Business Insider
- 7 signs you're rich, even if it doesn't feel like it | Business Insider
- How a new source of water is helping reduce... | Business Insider
- Take a look at the new $50 million Sandy Hook Elementary School in... | Business Insider
- A cheat sheet to India’s best street foods | Business Insider
- What being punctual means in different countries | Business Insider