Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Global Power Shift Is Emerging | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Economy & Market Surging with Payroll Growth Highest in 15 Years | Financial Sense
- Treasury Curve Collapses To Flattest Since Feb 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Obama, Meet Horsehead: Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: GUNS: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly | ZeroHedge
- How Traders Feel... | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Credit Card Debt Tumbles, Non-Revolving Credit Soars Most In 15 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Android One Will... | Business Insider
- The First Trailer For Ridley Scott's Hugely Ambitious Next Film 'Exodus' | Business Insider
- This Startup Has Saved Its Users Billions Of Minutes By Cleaning Up Their Email Inboxes | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Consumers And The Cloud... | Business Insider