Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Russiagate Backfire On The Left? | ZeroHedge
- Maxine Waters To Trump: "Get Ready For Impeachment" | ZeroHedge
- Banks, Bonds, & Bullion Bid As Healthcare Hope Trumps Terror Attack Turmoil | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Is Khalid Masood, 52-Year-Old Brit With Prior Criminal Convictions | ZeroHedge
- Pelosi, Schiff Slam "White House Surrogate" Nunes' "Act Of Diversion & Desperation" | ZeroHedge
- Ally Financial Slashes Guidance As Used Car Prices Suffer "Worst Decline In 20 Years" | ZeroHedge
- Banks Scramble For Free ECB Money: €233.5 BIllion Allotted To 464 Banks In Final TLTRO Operation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Dave Chappelle says he made 2 new Netflix specials: 'Money... | Business Insider
- Trevor Noah doubts Trump adviser Omarosa's excuse for... | Business Insider
- 6,000 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean Sea as traffic... | Business Insider
- This app lets you instantly turn your DVD collection into your own personal Netflix for $2 per title | Business Insider
- A Wall Street analyst has some out-there ideas about the future of... | Business Insider
- An entrepreneur shares 5 behaviors that make you a bad boss without... | Business Insider
- This new game is like Pokémon GO — but you can catch cash prizes... | Business Insider