Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Unveils Only 11 Days Of POMO In September For A Mere $15 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Catching Down To Treasury's Fresh 15-Month Low Yields | ZeroHedge
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- 20,000 Pakistan Riot Police Unleash Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets As Protesters Breach PM's Residence, 230 Injured | ZeroHedge
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
- Fukushima Increased Cesium Levels 100 to 1,000 Times Worldwide ... and 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 Times On the U.S. West Coast | ZeroHedge
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Precision in mid-air as rope jumpers soar on Greek isle | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 8/29... | StreetInsider.com
- Meet The 16-Year-Old US Open Tennis Phenom Backed By Bill Ackman | Business Insider
- Nintendo Announces Redesigned 3DS Consoles | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here's Why Alibaba Is Becoming A Huge Threat To Amazon And... | Business Insider
- Why Google Banned A Privacy Tool Called 'Disconnect Mobile' From The Android... | Business Insider