Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Doctors "Hit Breaking-Point" As Ebola Death Toll Tops 4500; Nigeria 'Clear' But Harvard Issues Travel Ban | ZeroHedge
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- Living The Grecovery Dream: Two Jobless Parents, Two Kids, One Cat All Living In A Car | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Germany's Tax Income Is Still Rising Despite Cooling... | Business Insider
- Prince William and wife Kate's second child due in... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's Energy Analysts Say It's Too Early To Panic | Business Insider
- Franco-German mini-summit to tackle growth, budget | Business Insider
- Obama Might Try To Circumvent Congress On An Iran Deal — And He's Already Getting An... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here's Exactly What To Say When Your Kid Asks, 'Are We Rich?' | Business Insider