Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Busted Lambo Driver To Cop: "My Shoes Are Worth More Than Your Wages" | ZeroHedge
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- The Algos Are Winning Again (In Trading The Brexit Chaos) | ZeroHedge
- Germany Just Blew Up Italy's Bank Bailout Plan | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Don't Worry, You Are Not Alone: "No One Knows How To Price Brexit" Citi Admits | ZeroHedge
- Is Europe In Trouble Again: Hints Of Portuguese, Italian Bank Bailouts Suggest Not All Is Well | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LinkedIn launches programmatic buying for display ads (MSFT, LNKD... | Business Insider
- Airplane designers have a brilliant idea for the middle seat | Business Insider
- 7 science-backed reasons you should make art, even if you're bad at it | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel brought out Troompa-Loompas to shame Donald... | Business Insider
- The New Front In... | Business Insider
- Scientists predict that 60 percent of these miniature penguins could... | Business Insider
- Puerto Rico will default on $1 billion of debt on Friday | Business Insider