Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Deutsche Banker And Former SEC Enforcement Attorney Commits Suicide | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
- Traders: Millions By The Minute | iBankCoin.com
- Yale Researcher: 12% Of Liberia's Most Populous County May Have Ebola By December 15 | ZeroHedge
- On The Coming Collapse Of Copper | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Playing Strong Hands Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sydney Is Getting A Whole Bunch Of Futuristic New Buildings | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Giants' Hudson hungry for baseball World Series start | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Wanderers edge Al Hilal in ACL final first leg | Business Insider
- Lakers guard Nash to sit out NBA season | Business Insider