Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PRECIOUS METALS INVESTOR: Must See Important Charts & Data | ZeroHedge
- "The Situation In Iraq Has Become Very Dangerous"- Iraq PM Orders Arrests As Green Zone Protest Disbands | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Isn't An Investment - Gold Is Money" | ZeroHedge
- Still Looks Like A Trap | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Docs Reveal TTIP Trade Deal In Jeopardy As "Irreconcilable Differences" Emerge | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- Puerto Rico Says Will Default Tomorrow, Begs Congress For Help "Or Else Crisis Will Get Worse" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RANKED: The 10 best fast-food chains on Instagram | Business Insider
- Heineken's Global Brew Master reveals a seismic change in the beer industry... | Business Insider
- Scientists are working to make cows obsolete | Business Insider
- The 5 most talked-about moments from the last 'Game of Thrones' | Business Insider
- The unprecedented deal between Cruz and Kasich to stop Trump is collapsing... | Business Insider
- Most of the offers Yahoo is shortlisting are... | Business Insider
- 17 counterintuitive salary-negotiation tricks that actually work | Business Insider