Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How December 4th Could Trigger The "Most Violent Economic Shock In History" | ZeroHedge
- Reddit To Ban "Most Toxic" Trump Supporters After CEO Abused With "Personal Message Harassment" | ZeroHedge
- More Bad News For Jill Stein As Pennsylvania Judge Blocks Recount Petitions | ZeroHedge
- The Man Who Got the Trump Call Correct Now Says Markets Are Too Exuberant | Financial Sense
- Protests Slam India's Economy As "The Concept Of Money Dies" | ZeroHedge
- Obama Still Can't Process Hillary's Loss; Blames "Fox News In Every Bar And Restaurant" | ZeroHedge
- Who Still Lives At Home With Their Parents? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bond giant Pimco is settling with the government for $... | Business Insider
- Bill Gates is backing a revolutionary waterless toilet — here's how it works | Business Insider
- Syrian rebels are mounting a fierce defense of a key... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Here's your first look at Rolls-Royce's new SUV | Business Insider
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- How to choose the best cut of steak — according to Anthony Bourdain | Business Insider