Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- Something Odd Emerges When Fact Checking The "Fact Checkers" | ZeroHedge
- BaNZai7 DeBaTe PReVieW... | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Nomura First Major Bank to Predict China Default; BIS Sounds Alarm | Financial Sense
- US Slams Russian "Barbarism" In Syria; Moscow Responds Peace "Almost Impossible Now" | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Hillary: The Debate Of The Century... Gets Even Wilder | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business executives in Texas say the US economy is still a 'big... | Business Insider
- Gunman shot dead in Houston after injuring several people... | Business Insider
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS... | Business Insider
- It looks like the national debt would go up with Clinton, and up... | Business Insider
- This is what the future of air warfare looks like | Business Insider
- DICK MORRIS: Here's how Trump can win the first debate | Business Insider
- A simple nighttime habit that can prevent bad morning breath | Business Insider