Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump: America For The Americans! | ZeroHedge
- Trump Wins The Unions: Teamsters Praise TPP Withdrawal, Labor Chiefs Describe "Incredible" Meeting With Trump | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Lira Crashes After Central Bank Unexpectedly Keeps Benchmark Repo Rate Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- "10 Things Learned From 3 Days In Washington D.C." | ZeroHedge
- China Approaching the Limits of Currency Management | Financial Sense
- Trump Tells Carmakers He Will Make America "Most Friendly Country For Manufacturing" | ZeroHedge
- A New Order of the Ages | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Macy's is unloading a bunch of real estate | Business Insider
- Elon Musk and other executives are at the White House to meet with President... | Business Insider
- Paul Ryan invites Trump to address joint session of Congress next month | Business Insider
- TRUMP: We're going to 'cut regulations by 75%' and impose a... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 'America-first angst:' Here's a quick guide to what... | Business Insider
- This ex-Cisco exec's startup kicked off 2017 by getting a $1 billion valuation that’s... | Business Insider