Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of The Obama Branches Of Government | ZeroHedge
- Pity the Sub-Genius | ZeroHedge
- A Feast of Data This Week | Financial Sense
- Blistering Demand For 2 Year Paper Send Entire Curve Tighter | ZeroHedge
- Russian Crew Boards 1st Mistral Carrier As France Quietly Completes Construction Of 2nd Ship | ZeroHedge
- MassMutual Senior Vice President Found Dead, Stabbed In Chest In Apparent Homicide | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50 | Business Insider
- Teenage Jeff Koons tells AFP he 'knew nothing'... | Business Insider
- Why Judges OK Plea Bargains That Put Innocent People In Jail... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- GOLDMAN: So Far, Larry Summers Has Been Wrong About The US Economy (GS) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Kevin O'Leary Explains The Best... | Business Insider