Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Fentanyl Crisis "Is Surging, With No End In Sight" | ZeroHedge
- Charts Of The Week: 10 Reasons To Be Cautious In This Market | ZeroHedge
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- Darrell Issa Demands Special Prosecutor Probe Trump-Russia Connections | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Economic Headwinds: Housing Bubbles Popping up and Just Plain Popping Everywhere | ZeroHedge
- Trump Is Right: "Swedes Are Suppressed By A Religious-Cult-Like Political Correctness" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Attorney General Sessions has said 'good people don... | Business Insider
- Former Trump trade adviser: The world's foremost authority on trade could be Trump... | Business Insider
- Wendy's plans self-ordering kiosks at 1,000 locations | Business Insider
- GOP congressman says Congress needs special prosecutor to... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel tweeted at Trump live at the Oscars: '#Merylsayshi... | Business Insider