Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The ECB Blinked, And Gold Once Again Proves To Be a Wealth-Saver | ZeroHedge
- ECB Preview: FAQ | Financial Sense
- ECB Finally Delivers QE | Financial Sense
- De-Dollarization Complete: Iran Abandons US Dollar In Foreign Trade | ZeroHedge
- The US-Saudi Relationship (Summed Up In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Israel's President Refuses To Meet With Obama | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Canada Throws in the Towel on ‘Recovery’ Meme | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Sharapova all business to set up Bouchard showdown | Business Insider
- Here's Why Etsy, The E-Commerce Company That Could IPO This Quarter, Loves Being... | Business Insider
- Nigerian troops fighting Boko Haram in Maiduguri: military... | Business Insider
- 9 Cool Siri Tricks You Never Knew Existed | Business Insider
- The CTS-V Is The Fastest Cadillac In Human History | Business Insider
- Why Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Molly Sims Threw Out Her Scale | Business Insider