Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Supermarkets Begin To Resemble Those Of Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Tsipras Will Not Back Down On Referendum: Media Report | ZeroHedge
- Chinese QE Calls Officially Begin: Bond Swap "Sucks Liquidity", "Contributes To Stock Slump", Broker Claims | ZeroHedge
- Casting Away the Wheeled Chair | iBankCoin.com
- Greek Prime Minister To Address The Nation Shortly | ZeroHedge
- China Makes It Official, Launches The Bank That Humiliated Washington | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Small investment banks are killing the big banks (GS, MS) | Business Insider
- Vargas double as Chile sink Peru to reach Copa America... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner explains his No. 1 management principle | Business Insider
- Why everything you think you know about sugar is probably wrong | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- This new app uses a clever trick to help you never miss... | Business Insider
- Greeks are 'strategically' not paying their... | Business Insider