Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Slides Below $50; Hits Two Week Lows As Concerns Over Iraq Break From OPEC Agreement Mount | ZeroHedge
- Monopoly AT&T Plan Will Further Control the Internet, Content | ZeroHedge
- The Elimination Of Reason | ZeroHedge
- China Mocks America's "Declining Global Influence", Slams US Attempts At "Destabilizing Peace" | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- America's "Two-Party System" Has Jumped The Shark | ZeroHedge
- Risk Of "Mass Exodus" Of Doctors From Medicare Looms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART: The Chinese yuan has weakened... | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- EL-ERIAN: There's 2 election scenarios that... | Business Insider
- Walmart is copying one of Costco's winning strategies — and it's... | Business Insider
- The psychological formula that Google uses to build the perfect team | Business Insider
- The V60 Polestar is the high-performance Volvo wagon we've all been waiting for | Business Insider
- FELDER: The probability of a market crash is... | Business Insider