Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Payroll Post-Mortem: Fed Will Modify Forward Guidance, Possible June Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Lumber Is Liquidating | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices And Real Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Set Iraqi Oil Fields On Fire, Stalls Military Advance | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Inch Higher As Draghi Dreams Trump Dismal Data | ZeroHedge
- It’s Important That You Remain Stupid | iBankCoin.com
- GDP Gives Market No Tail-Wind | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia, Germany urge OSCE to double Ukraine observers... | Business Insider
- The ECB just gave a major boost to Europe's growth forecast... | Business Insider
- Apple has an idea that could keep your iPhone waterproof without changing its design (... | Business Insider
- A grocery chain no one ever talks about is becoming Whole Foods'... | Business Insider
- Republicans subpoena Clinton emails | Business Insider
- The science behind this 33-year-old race car driver forgetting 20... | Business Insider
- Congress' strategy for Iran is turning into a mess | Business Insider