Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banking’s Split Personality Can’t Go On | ZeroHedge
- Market Reacts As Bernanke Promises "MOAR" | ZeroHedge
- The Macro Story as Told by Gold, Copper and Oil | ZeroHedge
- What Could End the Rally in U.S. High-Yield Credit? | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross On The Alpha And The Beta | ZeroHedge
- Forecasting Today's Closing Print | ZeroHedge
- Why Did Gold Recover More than $53 an Ounce in Yesterday’s Markets? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mindblowing Aerial Photos Reveal The Utter Destruction In Moore, Oklahoma | Business Insider
- 10 Reasons To Worry About The Syrian Electronic Army | Business Insider
- Russell Westbrook Visits Adorable 3-Year-Old Tornado Victim In The... | Business Insider
- 2013 FDA Drug Approval Calendar | TheStreet.com
- IT Pros Are Using LinkedIn In A Surprising Way: To Shop For Enterprise Tech (LNKD) | Business Insider
- LeBron James Makes The Easiest Buzzer Beater You'll Ever See To Beat The Pacers... | Business Insider
- This Cloud Startup That Mobile Developers Love Is Now Going After... | Business Insider