Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Expensive" US Banks Are Global Outlier As 'Yield Curve' Inverts For First Time Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Leaked Memo Exposes George Soros' Plan To Overthrow Putin & Destabilise Russia | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Discusses “Tools”: She’s 70% Confident That Rates Will Be Between 0 and 4.5% in 2018 | Financial Sense
- Heading Down The J-Hole: "The Fed Isn't Hawkish" | ZeroHedge
- "Things Are Worse" - Dollar Stores' Startling Admission: Half Of US Consumers Are In Dire Straits | ZeroHedge
- Did the Market Just Hit a Barrier? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 31-year-old who's been abroad for 5 years explains what everyone gets wrong about... | Business Insider
- Here’s a simple way to come across as more confident and... | Business Insider
- This ingenious pan will cut down the time you spend cooking and cleaning dishes | Business Insider
- Boeing patented a jet engine powered by lasers and nuclear... | Business Insider
- US health officials: A Zika case was spread via sex by a... | Business Insider
- The Google of China has unveiled its new all-electric, self-driving car | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek