Covered Call Picks (FIO,SODA,FMCN,LEAP,KORS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $19.49. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $40.57. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $73.44.
Focus Media Holding Ltd (FMCN) is currently trading at $19.83. Its 52 week range is between $8.79 and $32.93.
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.22. Its 52 week range is $4.68 and $11.3.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $41.19. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Unleashes Perfect Storm Of Bad News Prompting Stock Market Plunge | ZeroHedge
- How Green Energy Really Works | ZeroHedge
- Why The Obamacare Exchanges Are Failing | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
- Active Shooter Barricaded At Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood, Multiple People Shot | ZeroHedge
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- Diversification Is For Dummies - The Nifty Nine Never Mattered More | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tumbling zinc prices hit corner of rural Ireland | Business Insider
- Spurs a title threat, admits Chelsea boss Mourinho | Business Insider
- This amazing prefabricated floating home can be shipped anywhere in the world... | Business Insider
- NATO seeking to reconcile death totals in Kunduz attack | Business Insider
- Belgian scheme tries to nip radicalisation in the bud | Business Insider
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish... | Business Insider
- Gut wins Aspen giant slalom after Shiffrin fall | Business Insider