Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dispelling The Norwegian Housing Myth | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Creep Higher As Dollar Resumes Falling, Oil Slides For Second Day | ZeroHedge
- Soros Emerges As Mastermind Behind Plan To "Enlarge Electorate By At Least 10 Million Voters" | ZeroHedge
- How Canada Is Handling the Flood of Chinese Money | Financial Sense
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy Of 2016 Election, Blame Trump | ZeroHedge
- "A Date Which Will Live In Infamy" - President Nixon's Decision To Abandon The Gold Standard | ZeroHedge
- A History Of Manufactured Regime Change And Civil Unrest: Is America Next? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Olympics: 5 things to know about the biggest broadcasting operation on... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Focus-group pollster finds that some former Trump supporters have soured on the candidate... | Business Insider
- I've been... | Business Insider
- Amazon's fastest growing business has a surprisingly strong... | Business Insider
- Jennifer Lawrence tops the list of the highest-paid actresses in the world right now | Business Insider