Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mexican Central Bank Head Quits Amid Fears Over "Trump Impact" | ZeroHedge
- Official Washington's "Info-Wars" | ZeroHedge
- Indian ‘Gold Ban’ a Portent of Major Events? | ZeroHedge
- Technology, Not Trade or Regulations, Killed Manufacturing in America | Financial Sense
- Yahoo's Advice To Trump: Educate Children In Media Literacy To Combat Fake News | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Why the Polls Got It Wrong: Deliberate Versus Accidental Survey Bias | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The tipping point': More and more Venezuelans are uprooting... | Business Insider
- Tiger Woods showed a lot of promise during his first tournament action in 15... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 19 billionaires who were once poor | Business Insider
- Here's the diet and workout routine LeBron James... | Business Insider
- Trump's deportation plan could significantly impact what Americans eat and... | Business Insider
- A former defense secretary reveals the US military's biggest weakness | Business Insider