Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "War On Cash" Migrates To Switzerland | ZeroHedge
- Of Bonds & Bankers: Impossible Things Are Commonplace | ZeroHedge
- Are You Faster Than A Stock Market Spoofer? | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- A Plot To Hold Down Oil Prices Or Just A Happy Coincidence? | ZeroHedge
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 6: Solutions | ZeroHedge
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Apple Watch is already wiping the floor with the entire smartwatch... | Business Insider
- Spurs keep Saints in check despite Pelle brace | Business Insider
- Elon Musk's Twitter account was hacked (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Judge mulls charges for migrant disaster ship skipper | Business Insider
- The co-founder of Uber has a new app with a waitlist that's 80,000 people long | Business Insider
- Here are five stocks making huge moves today (SPX, DJI, IXIC, BIIB, AMZN, SBUX, MSFT, GOOG) | Business Insider
- Slack's CEO reveals what it's like building the fastest $2 billion... | Business Insider