Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin To Western Elites: Play-Time Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Restaurants Worth Another Look | iBankCoin.com
- As Tim Cook "Comes Out", These Nations Still View Homosexuality As "Morally Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap October 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Gold Prices Sink 3% to 4-Year Low | Financial Sense
- Meet “OSHbot” Lowes New Store Helper; Goodbye Retail Associates, Hello Robots | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More Executive Change At Twitter — The Head Of Revenue Product Takes Over As Head Of All Consumer... | Business Insider
- The Group That Everyone Thought Wanted To Destroy Apple Pay Has Changed Its Tune (AAPL) | Business Insider
- TED CRUZ: Here's The One Thing That Will Guarantee A Hillary Clinton Victory | Business Insider
- A Chemist Has Developed A Brilliant Way To Survive The Zombie... | Business Insider
- The Hot New Threat To Argentina — 'Acceleration' | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (MSFT, SSNLF, IBM, HPQ, NTDOF)... | Business Insider