Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet SAM, Brick Laying Robot That Does The Work Of 6 Humans | ZeroHedge
- Robots are Taking Our Jobs, and That is a Good Thing | ZeroHedge
- The Next Clash Emerges: Trump-Ryan Deeply Divided Over Tax 'Cuts' | ZeroHedge
- "The End Of Truth" - Hayek Saw It All Coming Over 70 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
- Coming To An Inner-City Uprising Near You: The "Ultimate Riot Control Truck" Of The Future | ZeroHedge
- Giulio Meotti: Islam, Not Christianity, Is Saturating Europe | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The Kremlin says a meeting between Jared Kushner and... | Business Insider
- Chrissy Teigen fires away at Fox News: 'Words cannot explain how much... | Business Insider
- The stock market rally could last until 2018 | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- Melissa McCarthy remembers her awkward first time acting in a movie: 'I felt like a nobody... | Business Insider
- The best earbuds for every budget | Business Insider