Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Superstar FX Trader Whiz-kid Nothing But A Superspending Ponzi Fraud | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Crowd Mine | Financial Sense
- Europe April Manufacturing Summary: France's Loss Is Germany's Gain | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yield Curve Collapses At Fastest Pace In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Uranium Is A Frustrating Business | iBankCoin.com
- Where Facebook's User Growth And Revenue Generation Is | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The iPad Has Hit A Wall | Business Insider
- Apple's Astronomical 800... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A California Politician Wants To Give Tons Of Students 'Free' Tuition — But... | Business Insider
- 11 Awesome Starbucks Menu Items You Can't Get In America | Business Insider
- Here's a Simple Explanation of Net Neutrality And How It Affects You — In... | Business Insider
- NFL Experts Explain What Makes Jadeveon Clowney So Good | Business Insider