Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Billionaire Clinton "Hillblazer" Pushes New Tax That Funnels Middle Class Money To Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Will Draghi Promise To Save The World Again? - ECB Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- October Comex Gold "Deliveries" | ZeroHedge
- "The Game Is Up" - Why Exporters Are In Double Trouble | ZeroHedge
- Trump Has Split the GOP ... Now the Next Step? | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Part 13 Of Podesta Data Dump; Total Emails Released Is Now 23,423 | ZeroHedge
- Tactically Cautious on Global Equities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASA photographed a new black splotch on Mars that is probably the... | Business Insider
- Facebook employees wanted to block Donald Trump for hate speech... | Business Insider
- Animated map shows Clinton has a commanding... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- The new game from the team behind 'Grand Theft Auto' is drop dead gorgeous | Business Insider
- Here's the best way for cord cutters to watch football live this fall | Business Insider
- 'I guess you didn’t send her invitation by... | Business Insider