Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Stocks Hit All Time High, S&P Futures Rise To Within 1% Of Record | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Now Printing $200 Billion Per Month... Without a Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Somehow The US Has Killed 70k ISIS Fighters - Twice As Many As It Says Exist | ZeroHedge
- WTI/RBOB Tumble After Surprise Crude, Gasoline Builds | ZeroHedge
- LePen Euro Panic Over – “For Now” | ZeroHedge
- Einhorn: "The Longs Say Stocks Can Only Go Up, Seemingly To Infinity And Beyond. We Have Seen This Before" | ZeroHedge
- Housing's Echo Bubble Now Exceeds The 2006-07 Bubble Peak | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Qatar Airways CEO confirms business hurt by Trump travel... | Business Insider
- Computer science reveals 4 secrets that will make you happier | Business Insider
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- Hedge fund manager David Einhorn is settling in for a 'tough fight... | Business Insider
- Hash browns are being recalled in 9 states because they may contain golf ball... | Business Insider
- This electric concept car proves we are living in the future | Business Insider
- The Unicorn Frappuccino infuriated baristas — but it was one of Starbucks... | Business Insider