Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dead People Are Voting In The Key Swing State Of Colorado | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Sep 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Trump Takes The Lead In Latest Bloomberg Poll As All Eyes Turn To Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Contagion Risks Surge: Banks' Reliance On Each Other For Funding Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Germany Goes There: "You Can't Compare Deutsche Bank To Lehman" | ZeroHedge
- Markets Cheer BOJ Announcement | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US retailers should look to the UK in order to... | Business Insider
- This early warning indicator of looming financial risks is... | Business Insider
- The best dessert in 24 countries around the world | Business Insider
- Pair of national polls find race deadlocked hours before Trump and Clinton... | Business Insider
- Here are the 6 tech companies most likely to be acquired next... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider
- David Cay Johnston: 'There's no evidence Donald Trump is a... | Business Insider