Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Welcome To The Contraction": Q1 GDP Drops By 0.7%, Corporate Profits Crash | ZeroHedge
- US-Trained Special Forces Chief Joins ISIS, Vows To Bring Jihad To Russia & America | ZeroHedge
- The End Of Markets: Central Banks Took Over Everything, Changed Everything | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Happens When A Millennial Tries To Get A Job | ZeroHedge
- De-Dollarization Du Jour: Russia Backs BRICS Alternative To SWIFT | ZeroHedge
- The 2016 Presidential Campaign Begins (In 2 Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- P2P King Has 'An Offer You Can't Refuse' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The case against Silk Road's 31-year-old founder... | Business Insider
- Google just crushed Dropbox's dream of becoming your one-stop storage... | Business Insider
- Step back 25 years in time to the gritty days of New York City's... | Business Insider
- Google working with Levi Strauss to make smart clothes | Business Insider
- Everyone at tech's most elite conference was buzzing about this one... | Business Insider
- Cash-strapped Ukraine inches toward crucial debt deal | Business Insider
- Michael Jackson’s personal meditation coach Deepak Chopra... | Business Insider