Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Allies Are Now Fighting CIA-Backed Rebels In Syria | ZeroHedge
- China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit | Financial Sense
- The Deep State's Top Choice For President Is... | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted | Financial Sense
- Selling Pressure Wanes But Credit Markets Still Troubling | Financial Sense
- Road To World War III: Turkish Army Enters Syria After Second Day Of Shelling As Saudi Warplanes Arrive | ZeroHedge
- The Claws of Systemic Risk Are Popping Once Again | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 ways to never waste food again | Business Insider
- How the 'Deadpool' cast looks compared to their comic-book counterparts | Business Insider
- Here's how many high school graduates every US county has | Business Insider
- This was Justice Scalia's most game-changing decision in his 30 years on the bench... | Business Insider
- Watch this tiny DARPA drone fly 45 mph through a warehouse | Business Insider
- Obama to Putin: Stop bombing... | Business Insider
- KYLE BASS: China is already out of money | Business Insider