Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rand Plunges Most Since US Election After Zuma Aborts International Investor Roadshow | ZeroHedge
- Sanctioned Russian Bank Confirms It Met With Trump's Son-In-Law | ZeroHedge
- Robots are Taking Our Jobs, and That is a Good Thing | ZeroHedge
- Google’s DeepMind Wants to Enter the Grid | Financial Sense
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
- Italian Officials Call For Investigation Of Soros-Supported NGO Migrant Fleet | ZeroHedge
- SNAP Cracks As Facebook Adds "Stories" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- If you’re getting ready for the GMAT or LSAT, this week is a good time to invest... | Business Insider
- Mattis had the perfect response when asked about the US bombing... | Business Insider
- Watch the trailer for Al Gore's new climate... | Business Insider
- A federal watchdog wants to know how Trump spends his... | Business Insider
- The Democratic National Committee just asked all its staffers to resign | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to visit Iceland in the winter | Business Insider