Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why We’re Sliding Towards World War | ZeroHedge
- Oil Bounce Extends After US Oil Rig Count Continues To Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Look Out Troika, Portugal Names Socialist Antonio Costa Prime Minister | ZeroHedge
- Unexpected Surge In Auction Demand For 7 Year Treasury | ZeroHedge
- "What's The Worst That Could Happen?" | ZeroHedge
- At Least A Dozen Killed In Tunisian Capital As ISIS Targets Presidential Guards | ZeroHedge
- NATO Backs Turkey's Version Of Events, Calls For "Calm & De-Escalation" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Extradition hearing against Kim Dotcom ends after 9 weeks... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 3 Trends for the holidays | Business Insider
- 2 men charged with murder in killing of pastor's wife | Business Insider
- Chicago appeals for calm after police shooting video | Business Insider
- Union cancels strikes at Lufthansa | Business Insider
- Murray the key as Britain and Belgium contest Davis... | Business Insider