Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WeaSeL'S RiPPeD WaRReN'S FLeSH... | ZeroHedge
- US Futures, Oil Flat As Greenback Rises Despite Mnuchin's "Strong Dollar" Warning | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The World's 10 Least Affordable Cities Of 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Soaring Lease Returns Set To Wreak Havoc Used Car Pricing and Auto Industry Profits | ZeroHedge
- 80% Of Central Banks Plan To Buy More Stocks | ZeroHedge
- This Video Is For Up-and-Coming Traders (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Startup AutoFi has joined with Ford to make buying a car less... | Business Insider
- Amazon is expanding into the auto parts market (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Wild stat shows how Tom Brady has dominated the NFL over his 17-year career | Business Insider
- Here are the 12 business leaders Trump hosted for his first big White House... | Business Insider
- Yahoo jumps after earnings beat (YHOO) | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 6 quarterbacks drafted before Tom Brady in the infamous... | Business Insider
- Here's why these plates make millions of people nostalgic | Business Insider