Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Macron The EU's Last Best Hope? | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- New Poll Finds Record Number Of Americans Want More Government In Their Lives | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Shun Global Euphoria Amid Government Leverage Crackdown | ZeroHedge
- Marissa Mayer To Leave Yahoo With $186 Million From Verizon Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Exxon is starting a major project in the world's... | Business Insider
- 45 ways to make more money in 2017 | Business Insider
- Oil prices can tell you a lot about military spending | Business Insider
- White House chief of staff fires back over 'sanctuary ban' ruling:... | Business Insider
- Twitter's revenue growth slowed for the first time last quarter, but it still... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay goes live with bill pay (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Nordstrom is selling a pair of dirty jeans for $425 — and people are furious (... | Business Insider