Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 4 | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- What Is Putin’s Next Move? | Financial Sense
- Take Out A 7 Year Car Loan To Buy Stocks, CNBC Experts Advise | ZeroHedge
- CIA Urged Rebels to Assassinate Their Own In Order to Create “Martyrs” | ZeroHedge
- Global Oil Glut Could Further Depress Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Rise As ISIS Attack Iraq Oil Pipelines | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- No, higher wages won't destroy earnings growth | Business Insider
- One of Britain... | Business Insider
- Here's Mark Zuckerberg's one tip for hiring employees (FB) | Business Insider
- John Doerr: The two women who complained about harassment at... | Business Insider
- Ken Griffin makes $90,000 per hour even while he's sleeping, according to his... | Business Insider
- Russia: The car used in Putin critic... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek