Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tick Tock, The Greek Time Bomb Is About To Go Off | ZeroHedge
- An Invitation to Embarrass Yourselves | iBankCoin.com
- Smart Money Entering Precious Metals as Russia Buys Another 300,000 Ounces | ZeroHedge
- Lumber Liquidators Loses Leader - Surprise CEO Resignation Extends Loss To 75% In 3 Months | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Recover Post-FOMC Losses After 4-For-4 Economic Data Misses | ZeroHedge
- This Is How The Clowns At The DEA Screen For Drug Dealers On Amtrak | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 22, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Daredevil' is the top-rated show on Netflix, and these highlights... | Business Insider
- What selling sketches on the street for $6 taught this... | Business Insider
- A new startup thinks it can stop Wall Street cheaters by... | Business Insider
- U.S. State... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay is ringing in a new era of payment security | Business Insider
- The Lexus RC F has a lot going for it, but there was one thing that really bugged me | Business Insider
- Ireland awaits count in historic gay marriage vote | Business Insider