Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed Just Found Its Next Excuse Not To Hike Rates | ZeroHedge
- Oil Suddenly Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- US-Created System In Iraq Is Collapsing: Protesters Storm Parliament, State of Emergency Declared - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- NIRP Has Officially Arrived: Interactive Brokers Starts Charging 0.25% On Yen Cash Balances | ZeroHedge
- Massive Oil Theft By Pirates Costs Nigeria $1.5 Billion Every Month | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk makes some strange financial decisions | Business Insider
- Laremy Tunsil — the NFL prospect who was... | Business Insider
- A new workout where people pretend to play the drums is taking LA... | Business Insider
- McDonald's is investigating separatists who are... | Business Insider
- Here's the real difference between all those allergy medications | Business Insider
- Several European nations want... | Business Insider
- POP GOES THE WEASEL: Rogue roasted rodent prompts perturbing... | Business Insider