Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Faith" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Japan Has Proven That Central Banks Cannot Generate Growth With QE | ZeroHedge
- Japan Trade Deficit Largest in History; Imports Soar, Exports Barely Up | Financial Sense
- The Squeeze Continues... "Most Shorted" Stocks Are Screaming Higher | ZeroHedge
- This Is The 7500 Square Foot Soho Loft That Just Sold For $27 Million | ZeroHedge
- Algos Getting Concerned Low Volume Levitation May Not Work Today | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Never Hold A Hot Cup Of Coffee When You're Negotiating | Business Insider
- Europe Is On The Rise | Business Insider
- 13 Everyday Phrases That Actually Came From Shakespeare | Business Insider
- Netflix Is Raising Prices For New Subscribers | Business Insider
- A Horribly Embarrassing Image for Tim Cook and Apple | TheStreet.com
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- MOBILE... | Business Insider