Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Saudi Arabia Just Suffer Its Largest Foreign Capital Flight In 15 Years? | ZeroHedge
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- INDEUD | iBankCoin.com
- Will Germany Build the Next Silicon Valley? | Financial Sense
- What Deadly Summers, Sandy Koufax And Lucky Golfers Can Tell Us About Bonds | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Surges To 6-Month Highs, Decouples From Hard Data Reality | ZeroHedge
- One Month After Austria's Black Swan Shocker, The ECB Quietly Asks Banks to "Detail Their Exposure" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Soyuz spacecraft with Russian, US astronauts docks at ISS... | Business Insider
- Why you should never wear leather-soled dress shoes in the rain | Business Insider
- Cameron, Miliband open UK election campaign with TV... | Business Insider
- Here's how Ellen Pao reacted to her loss | Business Insider
- Nobel's will goes on display for first time | Business Insider
- US consumers are feeling great | Business Insider
- Everything we learned from the first General... | Business Insider