Covered Call Picks (NAVB,ALXA,VHC,OCZ,P)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NAVB||Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.58||4||0.5||12.60%||September|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||3.82||4||0.4||10.50%||September|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.5||27||2.8||10.40%||September|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||4.84||5||0.5||10.30%||September|
|P||Pandora Media Inc||9.29||10||0.8||8.60%||September|
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.32. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.93.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $4.83. Its 52 week range is $4.14 and $10.05.
Pandora Media Inc (P) is currently trading at $9.3. Its 52 week range is between $7.83 and $15.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Is Already Spending The New Bond Money | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- Who Is Buying? Another $5 Billion Pulled From US Equity Funds, Outflows In 6 Of Past 7 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Hacking Democracy | ZeroHedge
- The Morning After: What All Newspapers Are Leading With After Last Night's Debate | ZeroHedge
- The End State: 5 Triggering Events That Would Place The U.S. Under Martial Law | ZeroHedge
- Draghi: "So Far We Have Not Seen An Evidence Of Bubbles" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sorry, Google, the Pixel's camera isn't better than the... | Business Insider
- It's about to get much cheaper to travel to Europe | Business Insider
- A European company you've never heard of is quietly building a caffeine empire that... | Business Insider
- Dunkin' Brands misses on revenue | Business Insider
- The first teaser trailer for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' is... | Business Insider
- How Hitler went from fringe politician to dictator — and why it's a mistake to think it... | Business Insider
- Photos show what it's like to trek nearly 500 miles to... | Business Insider