Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- Whole Foods, Half Lies | ZeroHedge
- The Central Bankers Dilemma: The Pendulum’s Back Swing | ZeroHedge
- Cash On A Greek Bank Account? *Poof* It’s Gone! | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Will Greek Depositors Under €100,000 Be Spared In Case Of A "Bail-In" | ZeroHedge
- GREEKOPALYPSE NOW | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Asia markets sink after Greece votes 'No' to... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 21 US destinations where it's legal to drink outside | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Here are the 3 main scenarios for Greece after its referendum (GREK, EUR... | Business Insider
- Shanghai stocks leap 7.82% at open on government boosts | Business Insider
- I saw tear gas and Tsipras at Athens' final... | Business Insider
- Hamilton takes pole at home Grand Prix | Business Insider