Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Supply and Demand Report 9 Mar | ZeroHedge
- Gold Hedges Against Surge In Cost Of Bread, Eggs, Beer and Fuel | ZeroHedge
- Yen Carry Slides In Early Pre-Open Trading | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
- One Emerging Market To Buy | ZeroHedge
- Ignorance Can be Better than Bliss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SOCIAL BIG DATA: Each Social Network Is Using A Very... | Business Insider
- Man Raises Over $50,000 On Kickstarter To Publish Books — Instead Burns Every Copy In... | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Offers 'SNL' Cast Sex Advice During Opening... | Business Insider
- Paul Allen Is Taking His 'Tatoosh' Yacht Off The Market After Failing To... | Business Insider
- The Bitcoin Middle Ground That Nobody Wants To Hear | Business Insider
- Check Out The World's First Traveling Bitcoin ATM | Business Insider
- How Lego Become The World's Hottest Toy Company | Business Insider