Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the Polls Got It Wrong: Deliberate Versus Accidental Survey Bias | Financial Sense
- Bloomberg Reports Fake News: Story Claims FireEye Said Russia ‘Weaponized Social Media’ During Elections | ZeroHedge
- “Otto” Self-Driving Truck Test on Ohio Roads This Week | Financial Sense
- How December 4th Could Trigger The "Most Violent Economic Shock In History" | ZeroHedge
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Tells Investors: Ignore Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- Yahoo's Advice To Trump: Educate Children In Media Literacy To Combat Fake News | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Over 200 ways you can make extra money in your spare time | Business Insider
- 23 years ago, Pablo Escobar was gunned down in his hometown,... | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson reveals the biggest misconceptions people have about the... | Business Insider
- Why 2017 is the year to invest in retail stocks | Business Insider
- Russia says foreign spies plotted a huge cyberattack against the... | Business Insider
- Facebook: 'We do not think of ourselves as editors' but we may label fake news (... | Business Insider