Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Americans Are Now The Top Silver Investors In The World | ZeroHedge
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- The Last Time Bonds Were Here, The Recession Started | ZeroHedge
- EU Officials To Unveil 'Ultimatum' Blueprint As Final Solution For European Super-State | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed Dead-Cat-Bounce Crashes To 3-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Fed Funds Rate Says Sell US Equities | Financial Sense
- Greece To "Name & Shame" Debtors Owing Over EUR300k To The State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Harvard, Stanford, and 20 other colleges that are worth the money | Business Insider
- The top 17 startups to launch so far in 2016 | Business Insider
- 6 basic skills any excellent manager should have | Business Insider
- Unmanned boat fires torpedo in apparent first | Business Insider
- 25 cities with the most dramatic income equality in the US | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's potential VP pick has a lot to do... | Business Insider
- A beginner's guide to being a rabble-rousing, corporate-raiding, CEO's-worst-... | Business Insider