Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doctor Fed, You Are Wanted In The San Francisco Housing Ward, Stat | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Stagnation, Default, Or Devaluation | ZeroHedge
- Sanctions Costs: German Exports To Russia Collapse, "Risk 50,000 Jobs" | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- To Top or Not to Top? | iBankCoin.com
- AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs | Financial Sense
- Dallas Fed Plunges, Biggest Miss In 16 Months As New Orders Collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- S&P 2,000 (SPX, SPY, DIA, QQQ) | Business Insider
- This Hoverbike Is A High-Flying Mix Between A Motorcycle And A Helicopter | Business Insider
- People Who Want Scotland To Leave The UK Just Won A Huge Victory | Business Insider
- Al Sharpton Blasts 'Crazy' US... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Why St. Jude Medical Has Become a Must-Own Medical Device Stock | TheStreet.com
- US rules out coordination with Syria as it spies on... | Business Insider