Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Whipsaw Please | iBankCoin.com
- Buying Panic Appears Just In Time For Op-Ex | ZeroHedge
- Growth Rate China Slowest in 18 Months | ZeroHedge
- Ex-Chairman Of Insolvent UK Bank Busted For Possession Of Cocaine, Ketamine And Crystal Meth | ZeroHedge
- FBI Plans To Have 52 Million Photos In Facial Recognition Database By 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Full Geneva Statement On Ukraine "De-escalation" | ZeroHedge
- Wave To The Webcam Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Less Than One-Third Of Top... | Business Insider
- How A Fuel Cell Car Works | Business Insider
- Sonic Is Getting Closer To Dominating The Burger Scene | Business Insider
- The 25 Coolest Small Businesses In Washington DC | Business Insider
- How Messiness Can Make You More Creative | Business Insider
- Tribute To Jackie Robinson Leads To Funny Scene With A Confused Announcer | Business Insider
- Chevy Corvette and Camaro: New American Muscle in 2015 | TheStreet.com