Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Beats By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Tank 5 Days-In-A-Row As 52-Week Lows Reach 3-Month High | ZeroHedge
- 6 Things To Ponder: Bulls, Bears, Valuations & Stupidity | ZeroHedge
- A Few Afternoon Hits | iBankCoin.com
- Jobs Added By Industry: Education, Transportation And Retail Winners; Information And Finance Losers | ZeroHedge
- Trouble For Treasurys, The Technicals Tell | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Obamacare Is A Catastrophe That Cannot Be Fixed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why DryShips (DRYS) Is on Course for Gains Thursday | TheStreet.com
- McLaren's $1.15 Million Supercar Has Set One Of The Best Times Ever On... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Inside The Tiny Prison Cell That Held Nelson Mandela For Nearly 20 Years | Business Insider
- QUIZ: Guess The Biggest Movies Of The Year By Their Taglines | Business Insider
- A Pizza Company Was An Online Hero Last Night During 'The Sound of Music... | Business Insider
- This Hoodie Is So Insanely Popular You Have To... | Business Insider