Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Illinois Warns Of "Crippling Tax Hikes", "Devastating Impact" If Largest Pension Fund Admits Reality | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Are Soaring In America's 2nd Most Dangerous City | ZeroHedge
- A History Of Manufactured Regime Change And Civil Unrest: Is America Next? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Buybacks Tank: Will Stocks Follow? | Financial Sense
- Did Turkish President Erdogan Just Use A False Flag To Justify Invading Syria? | ZeroHedge
- Most Millennials Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings, Live Paycheck-to-Paycheck | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Joey Bosa's representatives speak out, accuse Chargers... | Business Insider
- We’re obsessed with these sheets — the company behind them wants to... | Business Insider
- US F-22 pilots describe their conflict with Syrian jets while protecting US... | Business Insider
- This is the main cause of failed corporate acquisitions, according to the HR chief of a... | Business Insider
- The CEO of the company that makes EpiPens said healthcare is facing a... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley addressed its interns' most pressing career questions, and every... | Business Insider