Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- Fed Bombshell Minutes Indicate Balance Sheet Reductions, Suggest Markets are Overvalued | Financial Sense
- Our State-Corporate Plantation Economy | ZeroHedge
- Gorsuch Casts First Major Tie-Breaking Vote Allowing Arkansas Executions To Proceed | ZeroHedge
- Two Manhattan Subway Trains Stuck In Tunnel After Power Loss | ZeroHedge
- Stock Markets Sit Blithely On A Powerful Time Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Trump Trade Runs Into Trouble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MARK CUBAN: Trump's first 100 days are like 'political chemotherapy' | Business Insider
- I revamped my work wardrobe with almost no effort with this personal shopping service... | Business Insider
- 140 soldiers killed in deadliest attack ever on an Afghan... | Business Insider
- A Tesla bull makes his case: 'We think it's... | Business Insider
- An elite university is offering a fast-track program for tech leaders that'... | Business Insider
- DHS SECRETARY: Construction on Trump's border wall... | Business Insider
- A top financial adviser explains why he thinks annuities are a raw deal | Business Insider