Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yentertainment Tonight - Kuroda Kollapse Kontinues As USDJPY Nears 105 Handle | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: May 2 | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare To Unveil "Price Shock" One Week Before The Elections | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- Mike Bloomberg Booed After Lashing Out At College "Safe Spaces" | ZeroHedge
- Monetary Policy Endgames: Musings, Misgivings, and Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A team of stylists recreated 100 years of women's fashion in feature... | Business Insider
- A sinkhole 90 feet below the ground beckons intrepid swimmers in... | Business Insider
- Fender’s new audio system makes the VW Beetle a rock 'n' roll paradise | Business Insider
- Baidu is being... | Business Insider
- Google acquired a Toronto startup that could help spread Google Apps to more... | Business Insider
- This futuristic chair rocks, spins, and flips | Business Insider
- I ate a gourmet meal blindfolded — here's what I learned | Business Insider