Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Will Happen To Oil Prices When China Fills Its SPR? | ZeroHedge
- How America's "Think Tanks" Are Compromised & Bought Off By Foreign Governments | ZeroHedge
- MeMoiR OF a KeYNeSiaN BuBBLe MaeSTRO... | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- Milton Friedman Accurately Explains Today’s Immigration Problem | Financial Sense
- Lashed To The Zero Bound - The Fed's Ship Of Fools | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Furious French Workers Attack Air France Executives, Rip Their Clothes Off | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pepsi got slammed by Venezuela (PEP) | Business Insider
- Samsung flags nearly 80% jump in Q3 operating profit | Business Insider
- Singer-songwriter John Mayer gushes about The Grateful... | Business Insider
- Luxury birthing clinics spur cesarean 'epidemic'... | Business Insider
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority? | Business Insider
- Dolphins coach Joe Philbin fired 4 games into his 4th... | Business Insider
- Spending only $125 on food last month showed me that fast food is deceptively expensive | Business Insider