Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Tim Cook Lie To Save Apple Stock: Apple "Channel Checks" Paint A Very Gloomy Picture | ZeroHedge
- Why the $20 Oil Predictions Are Wrong | Financial Sense
- The Evolution of America's Energy Supply (1776 – 2014) | ZeroHedge
- Nassim Taleb's Fund Made $1 Billion On Monday; This Is How The Other "Hedge" Funds Did | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 28, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Chinese Stocks To Plunge Another 35%, BofA Says | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Happened The Last Time Malaysia Faced A Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- In Alaska, Obama to walk fine line on climate change,... | Business Insider
- Here are the new movies and TV shows coming to Amazon Prime... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Blind replaces Van Persie with Robben as Netherlands... | Business Insider
- Former Subway ad exec says he didn't know of Fogle'... | Business Insider
- Despite volatility, on-air rampage difficult to predict | Business Insider
- Here's what Motorola's next smartwatches will look like | Business Insider