Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deciphering Yellen's Rub-Goldbergian Message | ZeroHedge
- We’re At War | iBankCoin.com
- How the Rising Dollar Could Trigger the Next Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
- Is The Oil Implosion Supply Or Demand Driven? Here Is The Very Simple Answer, Thanks To Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
- Algos Spooked After Yellen Says "Almost All Participants" See 2015 Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Western Banks Cut Off Liquidity To Russian Entities | ZeroHedge
- FOMC on deck, CPI in focus | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SpaceX Is About To Land A Rocket On A Platform In The Ocean — A Feat That Could... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (GOOG) | Business Insider
- This Trick Will Help You Stop Procrastinating At Work | Business Insider
- EU court orders Hamas removal from terror blacklist | Business Insider
- Curiosity Rover Witnessed Mysterious Methane Spikes On Mars — A Tantalizing Clue... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/17: (PHG) (FDX... | StreetInsider.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com