Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Sellside Chimes In On The Crude Crush: "This Will Reverberate For Years" | ZeroHedge
- Presenting Bubbleology: The Science Of Bubble Money | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Central Bank Credibility, The Equity Markets, And Gold | ZeroHedge
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" | ZeroHedge
- "It's Different This Time?" What Happened To US Oil Drillers During The Last Price War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN: Here Are The 10 Big Market Stories To Watch In 2015 | Business Insider
- RANKED: The Best Tablets In The World | Business Insider
- Michael Brown's Mother Says He Was 'Running For His Life... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, TWTR, GPRO, FB, AMZN) | Business Insider
- Visa Becomes Latest World Cup Sponsor To Castigate FIFA Over... | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 11/26: Deere (DE... | StreetInsider.com
- This Incredible Graphic Shows... | Business Insider