Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pro-Separatist Rebels Launch Offensive On Ukraine City Of Mariupol, Where At Least 21 Die After Intense Shelling | ZeroHedge
- THE DECLINE IN THE EURO MEANS NOTHING | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap Jan 23, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Davos – The Arrogance Of Officialdom | ZeroHedge
- Greek Deposit Outflows Soar In Run-Up To Syriza Victory | ZeroHedge
- Israel's President Refuses To Meet With Obama | ZeroHedge
- De-Dollarization Complete: Iran Abandons US Dollar In Foreign Trade | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Will Announce It Has Sold More iPhones In... | Business Insider
- ECB Board Member Explains Why Europe Embarked On Its Massive... | Business Insider
- GOOGLE BOSS: ‘The Internet Will Disappear’ | Business Insider
- The Oil Price Crash Is... | Business Insider
- 9 Cool Siri Tricks You Never Knew Existed | Business Insider
- Johnny Depp Has His Fifth Box-Office Bomb In A Row | Business Insider
- London Cash Startup TransferWise Is Now Worth $1 Billion | Business Insider