Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The FOMC Butterfly That Will Ruin The World | ZeroHedge
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jul 29, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Execs Flee GLD - The revolving door at the SPDR Gold Trust Sponsor | ZeroHedge
- No ID, No Problem - Feds Overrule North Carolina Voting Rules As "Discriminatory" | ZeroHedge
- How Can I Be As Unhappy As Possible? | Altucher Confidential
- Chicago PMI 'Steady' At 18-Month Highs Despite Drop In Production, New Orders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This New York museum has a pool of sprinkles that's three feet deep | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo just opened a beautiful, football-themed hotel in his hometown — take a... | Business Insider
- Rumors are flying that ClassPass' CEO is stepping down — here's what's really... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- MALCOLM GLADWELL: ‘... | Business Insider
- One habit might be the reason why people don't find... | Business Insider
- How much sex happy couples have every month | Business Insider