Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold And The Grave Dancers | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- 11 Red Flags As We Enter The Pivotal Month Of August 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Varoufakis: "In 1967 There Were The Tanks And In 2015 There Were The Banks" | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Finance And A Tale Of Two Spheres | ZeroHedge
- Shaping the Investment Climate and the Dollar Trade | ZeroHedge
- The Latest Government Trust Fund To Go Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Migrant journeys cross in Channel citadel | Business Insider
- A new poll had another batch of bad news for Hillary Clinton | Business Insider
- Migrant bids to reach Britain sharply down... | Business Insider
- The 17 best smartphones in the world (VZ, T, S, TMUS) | Business Insider
- A college student who still uses a flip phone explains why everyone else is missing out | Business Insider
- Ledecky retains 400m freestyle world title | Business Insider
- This man will pay you $10,000 to find him a girlfriend | Business Insider