Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- London Real Estate Prices Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Your Dog Probably Has Better Healthcare Than You Do | ZeroHedge
- Secretary Of State Joe Biden? | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Accuses Facebook, Google Of "Distorting Perception", Wants Access To Algorithms | ZeroHedge
- A Bubble in Dumb Money | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Reacts To Apple's Disappointing Earnings | ZeroHedge
- "The Fed Failed..." And That Changes Everything | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mike Bloomberg defends Wall Street banks, says Trump supporters are not... | Business Insider
- Save $120 on Le Creuset's stainless steel roaster — and... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Hillary Clinton 'has less energy than Jeb Bush' | Business Insider
- Lloyd Blankfein, now in remission, describes the initial moments of his cancer diagnosis (... | Business Insider
- Facebook is helping advertisers get to people they can't reach on TV (FB) | Business Insider
- If your wall outlets are clogged with chargers, here’s what you need to get for your... | Business Insider
- 'If they have balls, they should talk to me': Philippine... | Business Insider