Covered Call Picks (NOK,WFR,NAV,ARNA,FB)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.75||3||0.3||9.50%||October|
|WFR||MEMC Electronic Materials Inc||2.77||3||0.3||9.40%||October|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25||26||2.3||9.00%||October|
|ARNA||Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc||8.03||9||0.6||7.20%||October|
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.75. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.44 and $7.26.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.04. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $8.03. Its 52 week range is $1.23 and $13.5.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $20.01. Its 52 week range is between $19 and $45.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today Might Be a Super Gay Day | iBankCoin.com
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- 20-Year CBS News Veteran Details Massive Censorship And Propaganda In Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- A Glimpse Inside The FX "Cartel's" Chat Rooms | ZeroHedge
- Globalization = Permanent Instability | ZeroHedge
- The Only Way Out of a Market Held Hostage by QE | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Breaks Below $80 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Right-Wing Activist Targeted In Assassination Attempt... | Business Insider
- Drugmaker Sanofi Fired Its CEO For Being Insufficiently French, And The Stock Is... | Business Insider
- Jefferies Banker In The Middle Of A Very Messy Divorce Takes A Leave Of Absence | Business Insider
- San Francisco Giants win baseball World Series | Business Insider
- Decades-old Soviet engines powered US rocket that... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- IBM And Twitter Just Announced A Huge New Partnership | Business Insider