Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks, S&P Futures Little Changed On Brexit Day | ZeroHedge
- St. Louis Just Hiked Minimum Wage By 43%; Guess What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- SNAP Cracks As Facebook Adds "Stories" | ZeroHedge
- You Know It's A Global Debt Bubble When... | ZeroHedge
- Capitol Police Open Fire On Truck Driver Who Tried Running Over Police Officers; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
- Bank of America: "Our Clients Bought The Dip" | ZeroHedge
- Strong 7Y Auction Rounds Off Weekly Treasury Issuance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The latest poll suggests Macron will dominate Le... | Business Insider
- 7 bad answers to common job interview questions | Business Insider
- Stocks just hit an ugly streak that hasn't happened... | Business Insider
- 13 wonderful Old English words we should still be using today | Business Insider
- The best earbuds for every budget | Business Insider
- A cheat sheet showing the mixed effects of NAFTA since 1994 | Business Insider
- Iran says Russia can use military bases on 'case by... | Business Insider