Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Was The Catalyst Fund Really The Catalyst? | ZeroHedge
- Holland's Wilders Slams "Moroccan Scum" As Paris Over-run By Antifa | ZeroHedge
- Fight Of The Century | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rise, S&P Futures Hit New Record High Despite US Market Closure | ZeroHedge
- The Week's Key Economic And Financial Events | ZeroHedge
- The Great White Hurricane | Financial Sense
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sweden asks the US to explain Trump comment on Sweden | Business Insider
- Asia is a golden opportunity for Trump when it comes to oil... | Business Insider
- Architect Richard Landry shares 6 of his favorite... | Business Insider
- 11 insider facts most flight attendants know — and you probably don't | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- DEUTSCHE BANK: These 2 risks could derail... | Business Insider
- Hundreds of migrants rushed the border at Spain's Ceuta, the... | Business Insider