Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BofAML Warns 'Bad Breadth' May Spoil 2014's Stock Market Party | ZeroHedge
- Two-Thirds Say American Dream Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Five Lunch Options for This Market Dip | iBankCoin.com
- Why Fed Will Keep Markets Guessing on Taper | Financial Sense
- Worst. Congress. Ever | ZeroHedge
- Facebook To Join S&P 500, S&P 100 | ZeroHedge
- "The Stuka" - How The Fed Manipulates You Into Believing What It Wants You To Believe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Dick Vitale Looked Like When He Made... | Business Insider
- 8 Outrageous Remarks By Lululemon Founder Chip Wilson | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- How To Play The Fastest-Growing iPhone Game Of All Time | Business Insider
- Intense Photos From Kiev Show Ukrainian Riot Police Storming Protest Camp... | Business Insider
- We Love What Warren Buffett Says About Life, Luck, And Winning The 'Ovarian... | Business Insider
- Man Says He Was Beaten Unconscious By Philly Fans For Wearing A Lions Jersey At An... | Business Insider