Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Yields Slide As Core CPI Weakest In Over 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- Silver Buyers Keep Stacking And Demand Higher Despite Falling Prices | ZeroHedge
- White House Explains Where Your $1.3 Billion Went In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Hello, I Am Jack Ma and I am Here to Take Your Money | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed's Laughable GDP "Forecast" Just Got Even Funnier | ZeroHedge
- With A Market Cap Of $168 Billion, Alibaba Is Bigger Than... | ZeroHedge
- BofA Says Bearish Bonds Means Bullish Greenback | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Groupon's Apple Pay Play Could Foster 2014 Share Rebound | TheStreet.com
- Scotland Is About To Vote On Whether To Leave The UK —... | Business Insider
- Apple May Have Made The iPhone 6 In 20 Different Sizes Before It Found The Perfect Fit (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Al Jazeera America Has An Ambitious Plan For Its Future In The US | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: CEO... | StreetInsider.com
- See The BBC's Pathetic Confession About Why Its Scottish... | Business Insider
- France to join US air war against jihadists in Iraq | Business Insider