Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket | ZeroHedge
- January Payrolls Miss Big, Adding Only 151,000 Jobs, But Hourly Wages Jump And Unemployment Slides To 4.9% | ZeroHedge
- 22 Signs That The Global Economic Turmoil We Have Seen So Far In 2016 Is Just The Beginning | ZeroHedge
- An Update On The Waiter And Bartender Recovery | ZeroHedge
- These Vancouver Homes Sold For Millions In 2011 And Have Been Vacant And Rotting Since: Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Why the Current System is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- "Fukushima Class Disaster" - L.A. Gas Leak Spewing Lethal Levels Of Breathable Nuclear Material | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ray Dalio runs the world's most successful hedge fund according to... | Business Insider
- This simple sideline test can detect brain... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump dismisses audience after getting booed at the... | Business Insider
- This guy created a genius way to get back at telemarketers — listen... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- I spent only $2 a day on food for a month — here are the 9 foods I bought to get the most for my... | Business Insider
- One notable name is missing from the GOP debate lineup tonight | Business Insider