Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Weaker-Than-Expected PMI, Chinese Stocks Stumble | ZeroHedge
- Economic Hope Crashes By Most Since 2013 Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- Bonds - Managing Duration and Interest Rate Risk | Financial Sense
- 2015's Lowest Volume, VIX Crush, & Data Dump Send Stocks To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- "Go Now!": China Threatens US Spy Planes In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- 4 Factors Signaling Volatility Will Return With A Vengeance | ZeroHedge
- China Bails Out Brazil In $50 Billion Regional Power Grab | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pro gamer... | Business Insider
- Formula One superstar Lewis Hamilton just signed a monster $44 million a year... | Business Insider
- The Navy's new drone-killing laser is all... | Business Insider
- AGEISM IN HOLLYWOOD: Producers told Maggie... | Business Insider
- The Kremlin thinks that the massive protests rocking a Balkan nation are an outside job... | Business Insider
- 5 ways this Mercedes-Benz plug-in hybrid is revolutionizing the luxury market | Business Insider
- Apple is planning a major international launch for its... | Business Insider