Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of England Confirms: Debt Issuance Levels Tripled Since Quantitative Easing | ZeroHedge
- "Drain The Swamp" | ZeroHedge
- Taliban Release Drone Film Of Suicide Attack In Afghanistan | ZeroHedge
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Yuan Downside Breakout Is On And What It Means (Spoiler Alert: Nothing Good) | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
- Kremlin Slams Demands For Assad's Ouster As ISIS Kills Hundreds Of "Human Shields" In Mosul | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Professional video game players make over seven figures to play '... | Business Insider
- An amazing deal from this company makes shopping for new dress shirts easier and more... | Business Insider
- Here's when it's safe to eat food that has mold on it | Business Insider
- 11 advanced excel tricks that will help you get an instant raise at... | Business Insider
- Nearly half of financial services employees... | Business Insider
- What it feels like to get fired from Google | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS CEO: I support Hillary Clinton | Business Insider