Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: The Trump Train Continues To Roll | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Why Global Elites Are Implementing a Cash Ban | ZeroHedge
- Republicans Slam CIA 'Secret' Report: "What Proof Does Anyone Have? ...I've Heard Zero" | ZeroHedge
- The Angry German Press Reacts To Draghi's QExtension | ZeroHedge
- Rogue Republican Elector Warns Trump: "I Am Not The Only One Who Will Not Vote For You" | ZeroHedge
- ECB Calls Italy's Bluff, Rejects Monte Paschi Request For More Time To Raise Capital | ZeroHedge
- A New Bubble Emerges: Dollar Index Approaches 14 Year Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the son of a McDonald's manager built a franchise company... | Business Insider
- US shale could start hiring soon | Business Insider
- 'They haven't played by the rules': Trump accuses... | Business Insider
- 'You must be kidding': Trump's trade allies are outraged he's... | Business Insider
- Physical inactivity can increase your risk for certain diseases | Business Insider
- Never-before-seen photos show candid moments with some of the biggest rock stars... | Business Insider
- The US government may allow in-flight phone calls, and people are freaking out | Business Insider