Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
- The End Of QE3, Trouble Ahead For The Bulls? | ZeroHedge
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- Institutional Fish: "It's All Just A Pretend Game" | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Is Still Possible, Just Not In The US | ZeroHedge
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Barca beaten by Real Madrid on Suarez debut | Business Insider
- Luis Suarez starts for Barcelona in El Clasico | Business Insider
- 10 Awesome Cases For Your New iPad Air 2 (APPL) | Business Insider
- Italian PM vows to publish cost of EU institutions... | Business Insider
- Brooklyn Bowling Alley Shuts Down Because Ebola... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider