Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Congress Proposes Law Banning Body Armor In The Land Of The Free | ZeroHedge
- China Push For Gold Pricing Power Continues, Grant 3 New Import Licences | ZeroHedge
- Rick Perry "ISIS Could Be In US, Need To Be Eliminated Now" | ZeroHedge
- If Only This Happened At The Fed, Things Would Be Vastly Different | ZeroHedge
- Back on the Cusp of All-Time Highs | Financial Sense
- Dropping Oil Prices Threaten Moscow’s Budget | Financial Sense
- AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's An Ultra-Quick Preview Of What Janet Yellen Is Expected To Say Today | Business Insider
- GlobalPost CEO: The Islamic... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why E-Bike Sales Are Booming In Europe | Business Insider
- Foot Locker Reports 39% Profit Jump, Strength Should Keep Kicking | TheStreet.com
- Here's Your Chance To Take Private Tours Of LinkedIn, Twitter And More | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Family Dollar... | StreetInsider.com