Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple Reports Blowout Quarter Due To China Sales Surge, Cash Rises To $178 Billion: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Decision, GREEK WEAKNESS, OIL WEAKNESS | ZeroHedge
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- Why $50 Oil Won’t Last | Financial Sense
- The Full Breakdown Of Greece's New Cabinet | ZeroHedge
- Bond Market Not Seeing Any Upcoming Rate Hikes After A Blistering 2 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- "Prospects For A Home Run In 2015 Aren’t Good" - November Case-Shiller Confirms Ongoing Housing Market Slowdown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Wants Out Of His... | Business Insider
- Patriots Star Darrelle Revis On Success, His Career, And Going To... | Business Insider
- Raul Castro Says The US Must Return... | Business Insider
- GREEK BANKS ARE GETTING SHATTERED | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Tech Careers In 2015 | Business Insider
- NYC Looks Like A Ghost Town As People Stay Out Of The... | Business Insider
- Stocks Off Lows but Still Deep in Red as Earnings Disappoint | TheStreet.com