Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Day Einstein Feared Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Why Germany Objects To ECB QE (In 1 Crazy Chart) | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- Bond Yields Set To Plunge In 2015: Next Year Global Treasury Supply Will Tumble By 20% As ECB Joins The Party | ZeroHedge
- Defiant North Korea Says Can Prove It Is Not Behind Hack "Without Resorting To Torture Like The CIA" | ZeroHedge
- PROPHECY ALERT: “The Fly’s” Predictions for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- Police Reportedly Rage, De Blasio's "Hands Are Dripping With Blood" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DraftKings' $1 Billion Fantasy Momentum Could Mean a Big IPO in 2016 | TheStreet.com
- Juve lead Roma as battle heats up for third | Business Insider
- Here's The Most Educated Town In Every State | Business Insider
- Uber Responds After Singer Nikki Williams Accuses Her Driver Of Trying To ‘Grab And Kiss’ Her | Business Insider
- The Vision And Cunning Of An Unknown American Changed The Shape Of London | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- 24 Reasons Iceland Is The Best Country On The Planet | Business Insider