Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Adds Two More Warships To Mediterranean Task Force Near Syria | ZeroHedge
- “The Fly” is a Chinese Coal Man | iBankCoin.com
- Putin’s Power Play - How It Will Change the Uranium Sector | Financial Sense
- A Little Something for You Dorks Out There | iBankCoin.com
- Ben Bernanke Crushes Hedge Funds: Average Hedgie Underperforming S&P by 65% In 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Why Inflation Never Came - News That Matters | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister: Government Making Same Policy Mistakes of the 1930's | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Satellite Images Show Five New Stealth F-22s On US Base Near Iran | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIGHTS: The Mobile Payment Wars Heat Up Again | Business Insider
- Commodities Are A Sea Of Red Today As The Death Bells Of The Supercycle Ring | Business Insider
- Bethenny Frankel Launched A Major Drinking Trend In Restaurants Around America | Business Insider
- EXPERT: 'Desperate Anger' Is Driving The Rise In Anti-Gay Hatred | Business Insider
- The Most Polite And Potty-Mouthed States In The US [MAP] | Business Insider
- Dwyane Wade Surprised A Fan At Her High School Prom | Business Insider