Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canadian Doctor Quarantines Himself Over Ebola Fears After Returning From Liberia | ZeroHedge
- Obama Infuriates Republicans With Latest Plan To Deport Fewer Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- Our Totalitarian Future - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate As FOMC Begins Two-Day Meeting | ZeroHedge
- I OFFER YOU A RARE GIFT | iBankCoin.com
- Bonds & Black Gold Battered But Stocks Give Up GDP Gains | ZeroHedge
- Fed Tapers Another $10 Billion, Raises Inflation Concerns, Plosser Dissents - Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Simple Ways To Tie A Silk Scarf | Business Insider
- Why Windstream Holdings Stock Is Surging In Pre-Market Trading Today | TheStreet.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Video Startup Coub Raises $2.5 Million From The Cofounders Of Russia's Facebook | Business Insider
- Harry Reid And Mitch McConnell Finally Found Something They... | Business Insider
- Here's What The Numbers On Your Credit Card Really Mean | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Will Release A Book Ahead Of His Potential... | Business Insider