Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
- More Giant Craters Appear In Siberia, Scientists Nervous To Investigate | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Philly Fed's New President (No, He Didn't Work At Goldman) | ZeroHedge
- 2015 March Madness Tournament | iBankCoin.com
- This Is The Chinese Documentary That Got Over 30 Million Views In One Day | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Gold Price | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- N. Korea fires missiles in anger at South-US military... | Business Insider
- YOUTUBE ADRIFT: The world's biggest video platform risks losing its dominance (... | Business Insider
- 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Nadal grabs slice of history with Argentina win | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Ton-up Root stars, Pakistan seek Zimbabwe boost... | Business Insider