Covered Call Picks (NOK,NAV,S,CRM,SLW)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $3.25. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.38.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $23.32. Its 52 week range is between $20.07 and $48.18.
Sprint Nextel Corp (S) is currently trading at $4.82. Its 52 week range is between $2.1 and $5.49.
Salesforce.com Inc (CRM) is currently trading at $149.06. Its 52 week range is $94.09 and $164.75.
Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW) is currently trading at $33.78. Its 52 week range is between $22.94 and $42.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kremlin: Brexit Is Like Soviet Breakup | ZeroHedge
- UK Chancellor Osborne Breaks Silence, Fails To Calm Markets; Says In No Rush To Trigger Article 50 | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, Ron Paul Asks "Can We Exit A Few Things Too?" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Is Pushing For A Massive Bailout Of Its Public School System | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Fed Funds Rate Says Sell US Equities | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jun 27, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Brexit Is Really a Vote Against Washington Control Over Europe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The biggest startup farm in Silicon Valley now wants to... | Business Insider
- A ton of amazing games are on sale right now — here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Boston mob boss 'Whitey' Bulger's possessions... | Business Insider
- Here's how the remaining 'Game of Thrones'... | Business Insider
- Fans are cheering about this small detail change in the 'Game of... | Business Insider
- Facebook is giving businesses another reason to abandon websites (FB) | Business Insider
- Save thousands on a Breitling watch — and more of today's best... | Business Insider