Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jobs Jolt Sparks Bond Bid; Stocks Skid As "Day Of Greckoning" Looms | ZeroHedge
- Massive "No" Demonstration Floods Athens' Syntagma Square As Tsipras Speaks - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Just Shut Up, God Damn It | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: July 2 | ZeroHedge
- China Completes Airstrip On Reef, Builds Military Facility On Second Island | ZeroHedge
- Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million; Participation Rate Drops To 1977 Levels | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Banker: "We Can't Make Money Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how people are creating the bizarre 'sunburn art' that's taking over... | Business Insider
- I got a rare reaction to a routine shot — but I... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's leading opponent just drew a massive, 10,000-person crowd | Business Insider
- 13 times being cheap could cost you more | Business Insider
- Mobile and social are fueling massive digital-video advertising growth as... | Business Insider
- Here's everything you need to know about Greece's... | Business Insider
- Greece is having NO effect on Europe's economy | Business Insider