Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Hackers Take Control Of A Moving Tesla From Miles Away | ZeroHedge
- End Of An Era: BlackBerry To Stop Making Smartphones | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Chaos Erupts As Trump-Haters Crash UMich Conservatives' Debate | ZeroHedge
- General Market Commentary 9-27-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- FBI Crime Report Reveals Massive Surge In Murder Rates In Several Large U.S. Cities | ZeroHedge
- Global Trade To Grow At Slowest Pace Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Ford's strategy for the future relies on trucks and vans | Business Insider
- A reminder that you really need to get as many raises as you can before you turn... | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are miserable | Business Insider
- ATF agent: The NRA 'wants us right where we're at' | Business Insider
- Here are all the police killings since just the beginning of September | Business Insider
- Creepy photos of abandoned hotels across the US | Business Insider
- Watch Tim Tebow hit a home run during his first minor league at-bat... | Business Insider