Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Double Standards Exist for a Reason | iBankCoin.com
- Dow's Worst Day Since January Despite Crude Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- Canary Meet Coal Mine: Miami Condo Sales Are "Cooling Down" | ZeroHedge
- Biotech Rampage | iBankCoin.com
- Could Oil Prices Plummet a Second Time? | Financial Sense
- Take Out A 7 Year Car Loan To Buy Stocks, CNBC Experts Advise | ZeroHedge
- DON’T RUN OVER A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE BEACONS FAQ: Everything you need to know about beacons and Apple's iBeacon... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton won't take questions at event... | Business Insider
- Coetzer takes Scotland to World Cup record heights... | Business Insider
- Rescuers find 32 dead miners in east Ukraine mine | Business Insider
- Harrison Ford's plane crashed in the middle... | Business Insider
- Chinese soldiers trained with swords in the snow near the country's... | Business Insider
- British smartphone brand Kazam talked to us about the awful couple of weeks it... | Business Insider