Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- TSA Security Breach At JFK Allows Eleven Unchecked Passengers On Flights | ZeroHedge
- The Only Two Choices You Have In Life | Altucher Confidential
- New Poll Finds That 80% Of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- Is James O'Keefe About To Smoke CNN? Tells Hannity He's Set To Release "Hundreds of Hours" Of Newsroom Footage "Wikileaks Style" | ZeroHedge
- Iran Warns US: "The Enemy Will Receive A Strong Slap In The Face" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Video shows Harrison Ford nearly crashing into a passenger plane in incident | Business Insider
- Trump's new national security adviser is... | Business Insider
- This tiny $40 device can make any pair of headphones wireless | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers mocks everything that makes a movie 'Oscar bait' | Business Insider
- The average life expectancy is expected to crack 90... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- The most popular TV shows based on how much money you make | Business Insider