Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Again See Real Estate As Best Investment | Financial Sense
- What Collateral Shortage? Collectible Cars Used As "Hard Assets" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Tanks Stopped By Unarmed Woman | ZeroHedge
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly | Financial Sense
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China Urgently Needs To Solve Its City Problem | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- 39% Of Americans Believe Teleportation Will Happen In The Next 50 Years | Business Insider
- 11 Scientific Reasons Dogs Are Better Than Cats | Business Insider
- This Chart Shows How The Rest Of The World Doesn't Even Come Close To US Military... | Business Insider
- 31 Stunning Pictures Of American National Parks | Business Insider
- Here's How To Greet People Around The World | Business Insider