Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama: "This Whole Notion Of 'Voter Fraud' Is 'Fake News'" | ZeroHedge
- Runaway Credit Card Debt Makes 2017 Look Like 2007 | Financial Sense
- Does A Rogue Deep State Have Trump's Back? | ZeroHedge
- Pizzagate Is Back: CBS Reality Check with Ben Swann Airs Honest Segment On Comet Ping Pong | ZeroHedge
- UN Reports Death Toll In US-Sponsored Yemen War Reaches 10,000 | ZeroHedge
- Trump Could Go Down As The Worst President... (But It Will Not Be His Fault) | ZeroHedge
- NY Fed President Dudley Thinks A New Housing Bubble Is A Perfect Cure For Soft Retail Sales | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 reasons you can't get the job, despite being perfectly... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Accuser files defamation lawsuit against Trump, promises to drop it if he admits her... | Business Insider
- This graphic shows how out-of-control San Francisco housing prices have gotten | Business Insider
- KRUGMAN: 'There will be no significant public investment program' under Trump... | Business Insider
- What happens to Obama's social media accounts now that... | Business Insider
- Google is making a big push to fix some of Android's biggest problems in the... | Business Insider