Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stuck In Market Purgatory: How China's Citizens Lash Out At The Broken Market, In Their Own Words | ZeroHedge
- Violent Government Buying Spree Sends Chinese Stocks Soaring At Close Of Trading; Yellen On Deck | ZeroHedge
- Futures Soar On Hope Central Planners Are Back In Control, China Rollercoaster Ends In The Red | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Yuan Continues: LME To Accept Renminbi As Collateral | ZeroHedge
- Your “Concern” Is Reassuring | iBankCoin.com
- ISIS "Ally" Turkey Seeks NATO Support As Two-Front "War" Escalates | ZeroHedge
- Tsipras Threatens Snap Elections As Syriza Rebellion Threatens To Derail Bailout | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gas flow in Turkey-Iran pipeline halted after attack | Business Insider
- 11 clothing and style hacks for the modern gentleman | Business Insider
- One killer stat shows why London's property market is so... | Business Insider
- Alibaba is investing $1 billion to take on Amazon's... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- MOBILE ORDER-AHEAD: Quick-service restaurants like Taco Bell are using mobile... | Business Insider
- Ridley Scott, Jean-Marc Vallee head Toronto filmfest... | Business Insider