Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Canary In The Coal Mine... | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- What If Only Taxpayers Voted? | ZeroHedge
- Nationalist Tensions Rise As Sarkozy Slams "Calais Jungle", Demands "Britain Deal With Asylum Seekers In Britain" | ZeroHedge
- What Life Will Be Like After An Economic Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Trump Closing Gap With Hillary In Latest Reuters Poll: This Is How He Could Win | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 things to keep in mind when inflation returns | Business Insider
- 7 signs you're a leader people want to follow | Business Insider
- This revolutionary device lets you enjoy a glass of your best bottle of wine... | Business Insider
- Tony Romo broke a bone in his back and will reportedly miss at least 4 regular-season... | Business Insider
- Homicides in Mexico have reached a grisly milestone | Business Insider
- 30 life skills every functioning adult should master | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (spy, spx, qqq, dia, czr, hlf) | Business Insider