Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Black(er) Monday Looms: Dow Futures Down 220 After J-Hole Speeches & China Fold | ZeroHedge
- BNY Scrambles To Fix Unresolved ETF "Glitch" By Monday Market Open | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- China "Punishes" Hundreds For "Maliciously" Manipulating The Market | ZeroHedge
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- Am I Supposed to Talk About Oil? | iBankCoin.com
- Why So Much Oil Price Volatility? Blame The Speculators | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Day wins in a blowout at Barclays | Business Insider
- Partial list of winners of 2015 MTV Video Music Awards | Business Insider
- Nestle: Forced labor has no place in our food supply chain... | Business Insider
- Tsipras asks Greeks for outright majority in September... | Business Insider
- Van Gaal rules out transfer remedy for Manchester United | Business Insider
- Twitter users are voting on Trump versus Kanye West for president — and it... | Business Insider
- Rihanna excited to celebrate 10 years in music industry | Business Insider