Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Every Bond Bear's Worst Nightmare In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions | ZeroHedge
- Core Capex Drops Most Since January; Durable Goods Orders Slide, Miss By Most In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Virus Is More Likely to Spread through Aerosols – and Survive Longer – When It’s Cold | ZeroHedge
- According To Russell Napier Which World Has No Volume, No Volatility And Rising Prices? The USSR | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take A Tour Of Norway's Unbelievably Luxurious Prison | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- You Have To Teach People How To Treat You | Business Insider
- Harvard Students Respond After Fox News Lambasts Their World Views | Business Insider
- 21 Insightful Quotes From Bill Gates, Who Turns 59 Today | Business Insider
- Meet Microsoft Band, The $199... | Business Insider