Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Judicial Watch Releases New Huma Abedin Emails, Including Hillary Funeral Plans | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities To Own A House | ZeroHedge
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare—the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken | Financial Sense
- 4 Factors Driving Oil Prices This Summer | ZeroHedge
- SMOKING GUN? Obama Defense Deputy Slips Up On Live TV - Reveals Spying On Trump Team And Leaking Of Intel | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Man Shot Dead In Paris By Police, Sparking Riot, Beijing Protest | ZeroHedge
- Brodsky: "A Socialized Market With Guaranteed Positive Returns For All Must Fail" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are 48 hedge fund terms every investor should know | Business Insider
- US consumer confidence explodes to the highest level since 2000 | Business Insider
- Trump's tax overhaul effort lacks the advantages... | Business Insider
- The best photos from the NCAA Tournament so far | Business Insider
- Amazon's store brand makes a lot of great home goods most people don’t know exist | Business Insider
- 9 everyday missteps that make you look like you never learned your manners | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft says Tom Brady told him he is 'willing' to play... | Business Insider