Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Rare Goldman "Sell" Recommendation Leads To Even More Muppet Slaughter | ZeroHedge
- LiBeRTY HaNDS UP... | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Part 4 - The "Deep State" Is Now In Charge | ZeroHedge
- When In Need Of Humor, NYMEX Close Delivers | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- The Death of Hope and Belief | ZeroHedge
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Reigning champion Djokovic advances at Miami Open | Business Insider
- Here's what US intelligence thought could happen to Hitler in 1943 | Business Insider
- Greece wrangles with creditors as PM faces parliament... | Business Insider
- Banking behemoths are getting outmatched by Wall... | Business Insider
- Personal income rises more than expected in February (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- 37,000 people are about to find out if they got into Harvard | Business Insider
- Russia is refusing to negotiate over its $3 billion loan... | Business Insider