Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- Near-Term FX Views and More | ZeroHedge
- Today Athens, Tomorrow Madrid | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Difference: ISIS Or Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
- ECB Finally Delivers QE | Financial Sense
- America's Frightening "Policing For Profit" Nightmare | ZeroHedge
- "Cheerful" Dutch Financier Becomes 4th ABN Amro Banker Suicide | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oil Inventories Are Basically Off The Chart (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Bale nets late winner as Ronaldo sees red | Business Insider
- Nigerian troops fighting Boko Haram in Maiduguri: military... | Business Insider
- Office For Windows 10 Is Going To Have A Ton Of 'Touch' Functionality... | Business Insider
- Anti-austerity Syriza wins historic Greek election... | Business Insider
- America Is Exhibiting A Symptom Of A Dying Free-Enterprise System | Business Insider
- 2 Males Shot Inside Manhattan Home Depot | Business Insider