Biotech Covered Call Picks (SRPT,NAVB,AMRN,DNDN,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $14.92. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $16.32.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NAVB) is currently trading at $3.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.05 and $4.77.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $14.64. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) is currently trading at $4.98. Its 52 week range is between $4.17 and $17.04.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.55. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Bounce On Stronger Europe Headline PMIs Despite Markit's Warning Of "Darker Picture" In "Anaemic" Internals | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Edgier Than You Think Today | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: October 23 | ZeroHedge
- Ready to Take Some Lumps, if Need Be | iBankCoin.com
- I AM AN OIL MAN OF MAGNANIMOUS PROPORTIONS | iBankCoin.com
- Morning Motivation | iBankCoin.com
- How The Federal Reserve Is Purposely Attacking Savers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook Is Launching A New TV Ad In The US, And Thankfully It’s Nowhere Near As... | Business Insider
- Gold's Rise Means Stock Investors Are In for Bumpy Ride | TheStreet.com
- The NBA's Plan To Stop Tanking Fell Apart At The Last Minute | Business Insider
- I Haven't Worked Out This Much Since I Was 18, And It's All Because Of This Startup | Business Insider
- Nadal crushes Herbert for Basel last-eight place | Business Insider
- The Silliest Reason In History To Sell Your Stocks | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com