Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Whole Foods Discovers Stock Buybacks, And It's Too Little Too Late: Stock Tumbles Again | ZeroHedge
- 85 Super Wealthy People Have More Money Than The Poorest 3.5 Billion Combined | ZeroHedge
- Useful Idiots and the Something for Nothing Society - Part 2 of 4 | ZeroHedge
- The Only Reason Why I’m Not Buying Right Now | iBankCoin.com
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- Social Security Versus CBO – Who Do You Trust? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Poker Player Gets Knocked Out Of A $1-Million Tournament With An Unreal Bad Beat | Business Insider
- Orioles Third Baseman Makes A Ridiculous Throw From Foul Territory Look Easy | Business Insider
- There's A Big Rumor Going Around About How Argentina Can Be Rescued | Business Insider
- HOUSE VOTES TO SUE OBAMA | Business Insider
- 6 Ways To Travel Around Europe On The Cheap | Business Insider
- Twitter's Monthly Active Users Are Growing Again — And The World Cup... | Business Insider
- How An Oil Engineer Discovered Auto-Tune And Changed The Music Industry Forever | Business Insider