Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Going Into Q3, Hedge Funds Have Never Been More Bullish | ZeroHedge
- MaY THe FaRCe Be WiTH You... | ZeroHedge
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? | ZeroHedge
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- STOCKS SURGE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, MCD, KO, TSCO, IBM,... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Infant Mortality Is So High In The US | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- CEO of oil giant Total killed in Moscow plane crash | Business Insider
- Lions Gate Joins Online Video Party in Deal With Tribeca | TheStreet.com
- Two die in Sierra Leone riot sparked by Ebola tests | Business Insider