Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Record 71% Of Household Net Worth Is In Financial Assets | ZeroHedge
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
- Mark Spitznagel Crushes The "But, Balance Sheets Are So Strong" Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- Will Emerging Markets Come Back? | Financial Sense
- "Behind The Kiev Snipers It Was Somebody From The New Coalition" - A Stunning New Leak Released | ZeroHedge
- These Stocks Taste Great Whether or Not They’re Wrapped in Bacon | iBankCoin.com
- ADP Tumbles: Huge Miss To Expectations, Prior Data All Revised Lower, "Winter Weather" Blamed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS ELEVATOR HAS LOST HIS BOOK DEAL | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- Groupon Just Raised Over $323,000 To Give Bullet-Protective Vests To Police Dogs | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Overpriced Cities In America | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Army’s Top Sex Assault Prosecutor Accused Of Groping Woman At Sex Assault Conference... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek