Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of "Change" After Obama's Historic Immigration Decree | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- In Preparation For Tonight's Ferguson Decision | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is Money And Nothing Else" - JP Morgan's Full December 1912 Testimony To Congress | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Moscow accuses West of seeking Russia 'regime change... | Business Insider
- The Giant iPhone 6 Plus Is Most Popular In Asia (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Bitcoin Enthusiasts Are Flocking To This Crazy Spanish... | Business Insider
- Arsenal, Man United in Premier League duel to stay in... | Business Insider
- No 'significant' new proposals in nuclear talks: Iran... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Athens' Abandoned Airport Looks Incredibly Eerie In These... | Business Insider