Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Has A Huge Rate Of Whites In Incarceration (But Nobody's Talking About It) | ZeroHedge
- France: The Religious War Few Wish To Face | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant Is "Very Bullish On Gold" | ZeroHedge
- What's Wrong With This Picture? (Again) | ZeroHedge
- The Collapse Of American Free Press: Martin Armstrong Rages "It's Just Over" | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Warns Of "Crippling Tax Hikes", "Devastating Impact" If Largest Pension Fund Admits Reality | ZeroHedge
- Ryan Lochte Has Lost All Of His Sponsorship Deals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The heartbreaking reasons why humans haven’t eradicated this incurable disease | Business Insider
- 8 heartbreaking photos that go inside the homes that were wrecked by Hurricane... | Business Insider
- 'Clinton is winning': Trump's trade rhetoric... | Business Insider
- IPOs are signaling good news for investors | Business Insider
- Pokémon Go just got an update that adds a lot more strategy to collecting Pokémon | Business Insider
- The year-old iPhone 6S blows away Samsung's brand-new Galaxy... | Business Insider
- This device can turn your kitchen into a four-star restaurant | Business Insider