Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 2015 Untrustworthies Report - Why Social Security Could Be Bankrupt In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Summation Of All Fears | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- China Says US "Militarization" Of South China Sea Shows Washington "Wants Nothing Better Than Chaos" | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
- LinkedOut - Social Media Superstar Enters Bear Market Overnight | ZeroHedge
- PANNED CAKED OUT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 reasons why Minecraft is so incredibly popular | Business Insider
- The walls are closing in on Donald Trump | Business Insider
- RBS is bailing out of China | Business Insider
- Why Tom Cruise is Hollywood’s last movie star | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Confirmed: GitHub lands $250 million in funding and is now worth $2 billion | Business Insider