Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Here We Go Again" - A List Of Monthly Highs Above 2,100 In The S&P500 | ZeroHedge
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- "The Stock Market Won't Crash, Yet" - The Barron's Cover Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Foundation Snafu: Video Footage Catches FBI Probe Suspects Arriving At Hillary's House | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- China Warns The World: America Is The "Greatest Threat To Peace & Stability" | ZeroHedge
- Putin Vows Retaliation Over US Missile Shield; Warns Poland, Romania Now In The "Cross Hairs" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Golfers, this might be the best fitness tracker you can buy | Business Insider
- There are rare deals on Sonos' exceptional speakers today | Business Insider
- It sounds like a dispute is taking place at the highest... | Business Insider
- The truth about where 11 tech breakthroughs really came from | Business Insider
- 20 TV shows that just got canceled | Business Insider
- STOCKS DO NOTHING, YELLEN SPEAKS: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- This finance trend is so hot even Amazon wants in (AMZN) | Business Insider