Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- First Congressman Allowed to Read Secret Treaty Says “This ... Hands The Sovereignty of Our Country Over to Corporate Interests” | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- More Late-Night Stock Trading Ideas and Explanations | iBankCoin.com
- "Hey Mr. Market, That QE Monkey On Your Back Has You By The Throat" | ZeroHedge
- Bankers: Do not Pass GO, Do Not Collect millions and Go Directly to Jail! | ZeroHedge
- Is Gold at a Turning Point? | Financial Sense
- Have These Stock Ideas on Ice | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LIVE: BEN BERNANKE VS. THE MARKET | Business Insider
- Fed Tapering Bad for Bank Stocks: Bank of America | TheStreet.com
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Abercrombie & Fitch's Attempts To Be Hipster Are Totally Backfiring | Business Insider
- INFOGRAPHIC: Inside The Booming Mobile Video Ecosystem | Business Insider
- Companies Are Even Taking Away Personal Desks Because Killing Cubicles Isn't Enough... | Business Insider
- ANALYST: The Next Leg Of Volatility Will Start In The Days Ahead | Business Insider