Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hacked Emails Confirm NATO Push To Provoke, Escalate Conflict With Russia | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 30, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Breuphoria - Stocks Explode Higher On Biggest Short Squeeze In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Is Routing The 'Free Traders' | ZeroHedge
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
- Two Union Workers In Spain Haven't Shown Up For Work In 15 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Anti-Globalization Brexplosion: "If You Ain't Got Nuttin', You Got Nuttin' To Lose" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Bill Ackman has fired some staff members | Business Insider
- An obscure NBA rule might foil LeBron James' master plan to a... | Business Insider
- 12 things every home should have | Business Insider
- Here's how drone usage is set to explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- This library's heartwarming program... | Business Insider
- Save big on a great waterproof... | Business Insider
- Boom or bust ahead for fintech companies? | Business Insider