Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Barclays Server Crash Leaves Customers Unble To Withdraw Cash, Use Debit Cards | ZeroHedge
- Iran Holds Massive Naval Drill Over 2 Million Sq. Kilometer Area | ZeroHedge
- The Problem with Gold-Backed Currencies | Financial Sense
- Late-Day Panic-Buying Sends Dow To Longest Record Streak In 30 Years | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- A Two-State Solution... For The West? | ZeroHedge
- What First Amendment? Arizona Wants Power To Seize The Assets Of Protesters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Travis Kalanick is Uber's biggest asset, and now its... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 'There is a word for that line of thinking: "un-American"' — Jake Tapper slams... | Business Insider
- The surprising earliest TV gigs of 18 Oscar-worthy actors | Business Insider
- The 10 most powerful brands in the world | Business Insider
- Greenpeace targets Samsung with protests at Mobile World... | Business Insider
- Photos reveal what Trump's inner circle looked like when they were younger... | Business Insider