Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things - Fed Mistake, ECB QE, Housing | ZeroHedge
- Potential for Deflation Is Becoming a Big Threat for 2015 | Financial Sense
- RISK OFF TRADE in the S&P Futures | ZeroHedge
- Mitt Romney Announces He Is Not Running For President: "Best To Give Other Leaders The Opportunity" | ZeroHedge
- NASDAQ On Support | iBankCoin.com
- Meet Loretta Lynch – Obama’s Attorney General Nominee Who Might Be Even Worse than Eric Holder | ZeroHedge
- Is The Swiss Franc Tumbling Due To Month-End SNB Window-Dressing? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GoPro Video Shows What It's Like To Get Stomped On By An Elephant | Business Insider
- The Father Of A Sick Child Wants His County To Kick Unvaccinated Kids... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The Patriots Have Been The Better Team In 2014, But The Seahawks Enter The Super Bowl... | Business Insider
- Former Oregon State Student May Spend A Year In Jail... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, MCD, FB, BABA... | Business Insider