Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECRI Weekly Leading Index: "Disentangling Cyclical from Structural" | Financial Sense
- Runaway Credit Card Debt Makes 2017 Look Like 2007 | Financial Sense
- Trump to Renegotiate NAFTA with Mexico and Canada | ZeroHedge
- German Press: "That Was No Presidential Speech; That Was A Declaration Of War" | ZeroHedge
- "And You Thought Mass Hysteria Was Over..." | ZeroHedge
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- Ex-WSJ Reporter Finds George Soros Has Ties To More Than 50 "Partners" Of The Women’s March | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A psychologist reveals the easiest ways to get out of this week's... | Business Insider
- The one mistake everyone makes when trying to clear space on their iPhone | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Trump adviser Steve Schwarzman: Canada not a... | Business Insider
- There's a hidden cost to having kids that many parents don't see coming... | Business Insider
- Senior Chinese diplomat: China will assume world... | Business Insider