Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Outcome Is Undeniable" - Global Debt Investors Face Reality Of A World Devoid Of Options | ZeroHedge
- Which Would Be The Better Economist Cover? | ZeroHedge
- Taliban Release Drone Film Of Suicide Attack In Afghanistan | ZeroHedge
- 'Rigged' Debates? Questions Arise Again Over Lighted Screen At Hillary's Podium | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, At The White House... | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- October Comex Gold "Deliveries" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why the FDA believes marijuana is no medicine | Business Insider
- Iran president Rouhani: US election is a choice... | Business Insider
- Economists never imagined negative interest rates — now they... | Business Insider
- These are the 20 best microscope photos of 2016 | Business Insider
- The true story of how McDonald's became America's fast food king | Business Insider
- Fast-food chains like KFC and Arby’s are fixing a big customer service problem... | Business Insider
- Air strikes, fighting break Russian-declared ceasefire in Syria's Aleppo... | Business Insider