Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- RIGHT NOW, That’s When | iBankCoin.com
- Actionable Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Israel Joins The Fighting, Shoots Down Syrian Warplane Which Acted In "Threatening Manner" | ZeroHedge
- The 4C’s That Never Happened - And Those That Did | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Fraud 2.0: Academic Study Exposes "Like Farms" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Happens When Goldman Writes The Central Banker Script | ZeroHedge
- CDC "Taking Precautions In US", Fears 1.4 Million Africa Ebola Cases By January | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New Cosmic Ray Discovery Could Be The First Hints Of Dark Matter | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A Bitcoin Startup Announced A Partnership With PayPal, And Bitcoin Prices Are... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- China's Scotch Indicator Is Signaling Disaster | Business Insider
- Whole Foods Is Making 6 Changes To Improve Business | Business Insider
- Why One Executive Says Your Cover Letter Is More Important Than Your Résumé | Business Insider