Covered Call Picks (ANR,MWW,GMCR,STX,LNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Alpha Natural Resources Inc (ANR) is currently trading at $6.92. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $32.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.15. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $30.36. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $115.98.
Seagate Technology PLC (STX) is currently trading at $29.87. Its 52 week range is between $9.05 and $35.71.
Cheniere Energy Inc (LNG) is currently trading at $15.72. Its 52 week range is between $3.17 and $18.92.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- European Sovereign Risk Soars As Bank Contagion Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Stock Crashes To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
- Nine Dead, Hundreds Injured As German Trains Collide Head On | ZeroHedge
- World Equity Market "Wealth" Crashes $6 Trillion Below 2007 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 reasons you should be worried about the US economy | Business Insider
- Panera Bread will be radically different in just a few years | Business Insider
- A lot of rich people would probably get richer if we actually... | Business Insider
- These are the most expensive Valentine's Day gifts money can buy | Business Insider
- French lawmakers... | Business Insider
- This is what it's like to work as a set designer for 'House of Cards... | Business Insider
- How the smartphone's dominance will shape digital... | Business Insider