Covered Call Picks (THLD,MWW,MCP,BBY,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|THLD||Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.41||7.5||0.7||9.40%||October 2012|
|MWW||Monster Worldwide Inc||8.28||9||0.8||9.10%||October 2012|
|MCP||Molycorp Inc||13.9||14||1.1||7.70%||October 2012|
|BBY||Best BUY Co Inc||17.7||18||1.2||6.60%||October 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||56.1||57.5||2.7||4.90%||October 2012|
Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc (THLD) is currently trading at $7.41. Its 52 week range is between $1.18 and $9.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.28. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $13.85. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $53.56.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $17.66. Its 52 week range is between $16.25 and $28.52.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $56.06. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $162.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Blankfein Warns Of "Jarring" Jolt From Fed Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Italy Youth Unemployment Hits Record High 44.2%, Concerns Rising "Recession Exit May Be Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Extend Yesterday's Plunge Despite Regulators "Asking" Insurers To Stop "Net Sales" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Bad News Is Bad News"? 30Y Yield Plunges Under 3.00%, Stocks & USD Slide After GDP Miss | ZeroHedge
- LinkedIn Pumps'n'Dumps As Revenue Growth Rate Continues To Slow | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 5 US Stocks Now In Bear Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Zimbabwe wants to extradite the American dentist who... | Business Insider
- Here's where the opportunity is in commodities | Business Insider
- China’s stock market is a high-stakes game of ‘chicken’ and most... | Business Insider
- Uber just launched its own car leasing scheme for... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady's mistake was to fight an NFL... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Rolls-Royce profits were slashed by 57% in the... | Business Insider