Covered Call Picks (THLD,MWW,MCP,BBY,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|THLD||Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.41||7.5||0.7||9.40%||October 2012|
|MWW||Monster Worldwide Inc||8.28||9||0.8||9.10%||October 2012|
|MCP||Molycorp Inc||13.9||14||1.1||7.70%||October 2012|
|BBY||Best BUY Co Inc||17.7||18||1.2||6.60%||October 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||56.1||57.5||2.7||4.90%||October 2012|
Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc (THLD) is currently trading at $7.41. Its 52 week range is between $1.18 and $9.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.28. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $13.85. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $53.56.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $17.66. Its 52 week range is between $16.25 and $28.52.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $56.06. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $162.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Federal Reserve - The Deep State's Central Bank | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- Economics Explained (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Possible Silver U-Turn Report, 7 Feb, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Is Shorting The Yuan Dangeorus? | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Prepares To Liquidate Its Remaining Gold Holdings To Pay Coming Debt Maturities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to keep your computer from destroying your productivity... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- YELLEN SPEAKS: Your complete preview of this week's big economic events (DIA, SPX... | Business Insider
- Here's what Elon Musk said when I told him I spent $2 a... | Business Insider
- GoPro's CEO doesn't want the company to be called a 'camera company' but rather an '... | Business Insider
- Here are the best moments from the GOP debate | Business Insider
- 'Making a Murderer' has something in common with... | Business Insider