Covered Call Picks (THLD,MWW,MCP,BBY,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|THLD||Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.41||7.5||0.7||9.40%||October 2012|
|MWW||Monster Worldwide Inc||8.28||9||0.8||9.10%||October 2012|
|MCP||Molycorp Inc||13.9||14||1.1||7.70%||October 2012|
|BBY||Best BUY Co Inc||17.7||18||1.2||6.60%||October 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||56.1||57.5||2.7||4.90%||October 2012|
Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc (THLD) is currently trading at $7.41. Its 52 week range is between $1.18 and $9.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.28. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $13.85. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $53.56.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $17.66. Its 52 week range is between $16.25 and $28.52.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $56.06. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $162.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Weeks: Italy Aftermath, ECB, ISM, Consumer Confidence | ZeroHedge
- Fake Out: A Rally Built On 'Hot Air' | ZeroHedge
- Angry Dems Play The Blame Game Over Hillary Loss As the Infighting Escalates | ZeroHedge
- What Happens Next In Italy: Here Is Goldman's Take | ZeroHedge
- A Very Concise Explanation Of Why The Democrats Lost (And Will Keep Losing) | ZeroHedge
- American Greed - The Fix (Video) | ZeroHedge
- In First Formal Briefing, China Says Trump "Clear" On Taiwan's Importance To Beijing, In Touch With His Team | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mobile ad costs are climbing | Business Insider
- The EU is demanding that American tech giants crack down on... | Business Insider
- A hot investing startup wrote an open letter to... | Business Insider
- Trump spent Saturday night at a lavish 'Villains and... | Business Insider
- 'An absolute travesty': Politicians are blasting the... | Business Insider
- Liberty Mutual is buying an insurance company from a Chinese giant for about... | Business Insider
- All the looks from tonight's Victoria's Secret 2016 Fashion Show | Business Insider