Covered Call Picks (THLD,MWW,MCP,BBY,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|THLD||Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.41||7.5||0.7||9.40%||October 2012|
|MWW||Monster Worldwide Inc||8.28||9||0.8||9.10%||October 2012|
|MCP||Molycorp Inc||13.9||14||1.1||7.70%||October 2012|
|BBY||Best BUY Co Inc||17.7||18||1.2||6.60%||October 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||56.1||57.5||2.7||4.90%||October 2012|
Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc (THLD) is currently trading at $7.41. Its 52 week range is between $1.18 and $9.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.28. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $13.85. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $53.56.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $17.66. Its 52 week range is between $16.25 and $28.52.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $56.06. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $162.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudis Offer To Cut Production By 500,000 Barrels: "The Oil Market Situation Is Much More Critical" | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Dilbert Creator Scott Adams Explains Why He Switched His Endorsement To Trump | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Rules Out Bailout For Deutsche Bank: Depositor Bail-In Coming Up? | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs' 10 Most Important Questions On The Election | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- This company makes the best pairs of socks I’ve ever worn | Business Insider
- 6 theft-proof accessories that'll help you travel safer | Business Insider
- Trump campaign manager: We have not 'formally' invited and '... | Business Insider
- Bill Gates could do pretty well if he ran for president, study suggests | Business Insider
- I've been a wealth advisor for 20 years — here are... | Business Insider
- 'What’s the Hillary cover-up operation?': CNN host presses... | Business Insider