Covered Call Picks (THLD,MWW,MCP,BBY,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|THLD||Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc||7.41||7.5||0.7||9.40%||October 2012|
|MWW||Monster Worldwide Inc||8.28||9||0.8||9.10%||October 2012|
|MCP||Molycorp Inc||13.9||14||1.1||7.70%||October 2012|
|BBY||Best BUY Co Inc||17.7||18||1.2||6.60%||October 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||56.1||57.5||2.7||4.90%||October 2012|
Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc (THLD) is currently trading at $7.41. Its 52 week range is between $1.18 and $9.28.
Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW) is currently trading at $8.28. Its 52 week range is between $5.72 and $10.4.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $13.85. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $53.56.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $17.66. Its 52 week range is between $16.25 and $28.52.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $56.06. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $162.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Aug 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Air Conditioner Failure At CenturyLink Data Center Takes ITG Dark Pool Offline | ZeroHedge
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Sees Fractional Decline in July | Financial Sense
- "It's Just A Correction!" | ZeroHedge
- Remembering The Summer Of 1929 | ZeroHedge
- The Future of the Internet Is at Risk | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Asian stocks up for second day on US growth | Business Insider
- There's a new free 'Pac-Man' game for your phone and it's incredibly... | Business Insider
- Karam working with psychologist following Wilson's death... | Business Insider
- Tidal trolled Apple during a live Drake performance | Business Insider
- Giungamp send Marseille crashing back to earth | Business Insider
- Asian stocks extend global rally on upbeat US growth data... | Business Insider
- How will climate change affect your livelihood? | Business Insider