Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- President Obama And Italian PM Renzi Explain How "The Crisis Has Passed" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Bonds Drop, Dollar Pops After Hotter-Than-Expected Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Global Futures Slide After Worldwide Bloomberg Outage, China Tumbles On Short Selling Boost | ZeroHedge
- A Full Analysis and Step-by-Step Guide for EU Area Residents To Aid In Escaping the Upcoming Bank Bail-ins & Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Aircraft Erudition | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Apr 17, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Did WalMart Close A California Store To Punish Employees Who Protested Wages And Working Conditions? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After 'Star Wars' became a big hit, George Lucas... | Business Insider
- One of Google's most important weapons against... | Business Insider
- Consumer prices fall in March | Business Insider
- Greece, creditors to hold more debt talks Saturday | Business Insider
- March was the hottest on record worldwide since 1880 | Business Insider
- 3 of Jane Goodall's devastating predictions for 2050 are already coming true... | Business Insider
- Djokovic routs Cilic in Monte Carlo | Business Insider