Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BAML Admits Wrongdoing, Agrees To Pay $415 Million For "Misusing Customer Cash To Generate Profits" | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: May Industrial Production Disappoints ... Again | Financial Sense
- Financial Fridays: What the ‘Brexit’ Means! | Altucher Confidential
- What Changed? Bernie Sanders Will Vote For Hillary, Less Than 24 Hours After Saying "No" | ZeroHedge
- The End Of Cheap China - 16 Emerging Low Wage Economies | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's 3rd Mandate & The Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- It's All Over As "Leave" Wins Brexit Campaign: Markets Everywhere Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These two beautiful towers in China will change colors based on where you... | Business Insider
- Britain's most celebrated statesman was a huge party monster and racked up an absurd... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now... | Business Insider
- Is Lending Club's crash a preview of fintech's... | Business Insider
- 14 scientific tricks to beat stress, anxiety, and fear | Business Insider
- Tesla is testing an intriguing partnership with an unlikely company | Business Insider
- Wall Street is turning its back on Elon Musk | Business Insider