Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will There be a Parabolic Rise in Gold Equities..? | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- MeMoRieS OF RuSSiA... | ZeroHedge
- Vladimir Putin Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize | ZeroHedge
- Mark Spitznagel Warns "Fed's Frankenstein Markets Are Totally An Illusion" | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Surges As Draghi Disappoints Again | ZeroHedge
- Staples Celebrates The Recovery With 225 Store Closures, Sales Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Engineer Took These Stunning, Unauthorized Photos Of Tunnel Construction In Manhattan... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The US Sees More Money Lost To Card Fraud Than The Rest... | Business Insider
- The App That iPhone Users Couldn't Put... | Business Insider
- This Bizarre Photoshoot Imagines What It Would Look Like If Men Could Breastfeed... | Business Insider
- Ukraine Says Crimea's Pro-Russian Authorities Are... | Business Insider