Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Everything's Worse" - Where India's Disintegration Is Set To Begin | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts On President Trump's 'Disappearance' | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Excess Is Unlike Anything The World Has Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
- EURUSD Spikes To 5-Month Highs After Early French Results | ZeroHedge
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MARK CUBAN: Trump's first 100 days are like 'political chemotherapy' | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Mesmerizing maps show where the most educated Americans live | Business Insider
- I revamped my work wardrobe with almost no effort with this personal shopping service... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- These body parts hurt the most when stung by a bee | Business Insider
- The... | Business Insider