Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Goes On War Path Against Ted Cruz: "I Don't Want His Endorsement" | ZeroHedge
- From Seeking Yield to Seeking Profits | Financial Sense
- At Least 80 Killed After Suicide Bombing Attack In Kabul Claimed By ISIS | ZeroHedge
- If You Can’t Touch It, You Don’t Own It | ZeroHedge
- The Looming Shortage in Government Bonds | Financial Sense
- Stocks' Streak Of New Highs Hits Rarefied Air - What Happens Next? | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Admits "Fed Is Not Data Dependent; It Is Propping Up Asset Markets" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 'Girls' star explains how $10,000 from a loan shark changed... | Business Insider
- Here's why it will be so unbearably hot this weekend | Business Insider
- 12 space-saving workout accessories to make the most out of your... | Business Insider
- 5 simple etiquette habits that help the rich get ahead, according to a man who spent 5 years studying millionaires | Business Insider
- This shipping command center looks right out of a sci-fi movie | Business Insider
- Black Lives Matter is still important after shootings in Dallas and Baton Rouge | Business Insider
- These 'Star Wars' experts gave an incredibly simple explanation on how lightsabers... | Business Insider