Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- A Divided World | ZeroHedge
- THE 1st ANNUAL iBANKCOIN LOTTERY WINNER IS… | iBankCoin.com
- Ramp Up Your Weekly Market Preparation | iBankCoin.com
- The Manufacturing World Suddenly Goes Into Reverse: Global August PMI Summary | ZeroHedge
- IQ, IP and 8 Commandments of Corporate Governance | ZeroHedge
- You Can’t Fly Away So Fast | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ebola kills 31 people in DR Congo: WHO | Business Insider
- I Grew Up Surrounded By Organized Crime In The 1960s —... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, TSLA, HD, SPLS, ODP,... | Business Insider
- Japanese Researchers Develop A 30-Minute Ebola Test | Business Insider
- This Ebola Chart Is Terrifying | Business Insider
- The Leaked Photos Of McKayla Maroney Were Taken When She Was Under Age, And... | Business Insider
- iPhone 6 Case Makers Are Going All In On The Rumors (AAPL) | Business Insider