Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When In Need Of Humor, NYMEX Close Delivers | ZeroHedge
- Almost $3 Trillion Of European Debt Has Negative Rates As German Yields Collapse Further | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
- Gentlemen of Extreme Measures: The Best Month of the Year Approaches | iBankCoin.com
- You Have Been Forewarned | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, BBY, TEVA, ASPX, UNH... | Business Insider
- Ted Cruz expresses support for Indiana's 'religious freedom... | Business Insider
- RBS boss leaves weeks after... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady posted a Facebook video of him doing a crazy cliff dive and fans are flipping out | Business Insider
- There's a problem with Gmail right now | Business Insider
- 10 shocking quotes from 'Going Clear,' the book that HBO's explosive... | Business Insider
- 21 famous Church of Scientology members | Business Insider