Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Bitcoin Surges To Record High, China Prepares Its Own Digital Currency | ZeroHedge
- Vehicle Plows Into New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade, Injuring 28; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
- 78 Seconds Of Farage "Red-Pilling" | ZeroHedge
- The Revenge Of Comet Pizza | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To The Next Awakening" - Author Of Steve Bannon's Worldview Explains The Path Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Starbucks' 'Brand Perception' Takes A Massive Hit After Announcing Plans To Hire 10,000 Refugees | ZeroHedge
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Enroll in thousands of online courses for $10 each — and more of today's best deals... | Business Insider
- The fight against Alzheimer's has suffered a hammer... | Business Insider
- A little-known Mexican-food chain run by a former Chipotle exec is crushing it | Business Insider
- Father of Navy SEAL killed in Yemen raid to Trump administration: 'Don't... | Business Insider
- Top Democratic senator on Russia investigation: 'This... | Business Insider
- The $74 trillion global economy in one chart | Business Insider
- Under Armour's 'soaring' shoe sales reveal a terrible truth for the business | Business Insider