Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Party Winding Down for Visa | iBankCoin.com
- The Courrection is Well Underway | iBankCoin.com
- Gateway Policies: ISIS, Obama And US Financial Boots-On-The-Ground | ZeroHedge
- G-20 Post Mortem: Hopes, Fears, & Dashed Exepctations | ZeroHedge
- The Days of BABA Are Upon Us | Financial Sense
- China's Economy Slams On The Brakes: 30% Of Coal Miners Unable To Pay Employees On Time | ZeroHedge
- Balanced Setups | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israeli Military Shoots Down Syrian Aircraft | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Lean In' Isn't Enough: Women's Progress In Leadership Has... | Business Insider
- The Success Of The Smartwatch Relies Hugely On How Well They Connect With Facebook... | Business Insider
- Everyone's Talking About The 'Death Cross' In The Russell 2000 (IWM, RUT, DIA,... | Business Insider
- How The iPhone 6's Camera Compares To The Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, And Moto X (... | Business Insider
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Slip as Markets Yawn After Fed Speak | TheStreet.com