Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Only Way To Stop The Empire | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands, Germany Have Euro Disaster Plan - Possible Return to Guilder and Mark | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes Most In Over 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post - Amps Times Volts Equals Watts | ZeroHedge
- Russia Ruble Plunges To New Record Low After OPEC Decision | ZeroHedge
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- This Sunday May Mark The End Of Western Monetary Dominance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider
- A Crime Surge Has Accompanied Wyoming's Oil Boom | Business Insider
- OIL IS PLUNGING (USO) | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Why I Taught A Legendary 'Street Fighter' Moment To My College Writing... | Business Insider
- How Mark Cuban, Richard Branson, And Other Entrepreneurs Started... | Business Insider
- The Cost Of Thanksgiving Dinner Has Been Going Nowhere | Business Insider