Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Unbelievable" - Martin Armstrong Rages "Mainstream Media Has Become Just Liars" | ZeroHedge
- The Criminalization Of Financial Independence | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Reverses Obama-Era Decision To Phase Out Private Prisons | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing Jumps to 33-Year High | Financial Sense
- Are Rate Hikes Bad For Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Mnuchin Praises Strong Dollar, Adds To Currency Confusion | ZeroHedge
- The Final Neutering of Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Remitly's huge gains set it up for success | Business Insider
- A hot new hedge fund is gearing up for one of this year... | Business Insider
- Starbucks' brand perception has plummeted since it announced... | Business Insider
- Jack Dorsey's Square grew revenue more than 20... | Business Insider
- Poland ousts 90 percent of top brass in defence overhaul | Business Insider
- The best bar in every state, according to Yelp | Business Insider
- One of the best electric toothbrushes you can buy isn’t from a big name brand | Business Insider