Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Federal Judge Orders Michigan Recount To Start Today At Noon As Stein Vows New Lawsuit In PA | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Rise As Oil Dips; US Stock Futures And Dollar Flat | ZeroHedge
- China Admits "Economic Downturn Just Beginning", Slashes Salary Guidelines | ZeroHedge
- 20 Years Later, Greenspan's "Irrational Exuberance" Has Become Even More Irrational | ZeroHedge
- Make No Mistake: Russia Remains The Only Target Country Of NATO's Nuclear Weapons | ZeroHedge
- US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy | Financial Sense
- Carrier & The Slippery Slope | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 psychological tricks to save more and spend less... | Business Insider
- 11 details you probably missed in the 'Westworld' season finale... | Business Insider
- The 'Westworld' finale gave fans a major clue there could be more robot... | Business Insider
- A Russian fighter jet has crashed into the Mediterranean... | Business Insider
- WPP is spending $70 million on Snapchat ads | Business Insider
- SCHWARZMAN: Donald Trump is going to change the 'architecture of the... | Business Insider
- 6 details you may have missed on Sunday's 90-minute episode of 'The... | Business Insider