Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Value Of "Experts" | ZeroHedge
- Wondering Why Dow Futures Just Spiked Over 100 Points? | ZeroHedge
- BiG TRouBLe FoR LiSTeD CHiNa... | ZeroHedge
- China Scrambles To Enforce Capital Controls (Which Is Great News For Bitcoin) | ZeroHedge
- Lessons From a Failed Prediction | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Close to New All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Not "Unequivocally Good" - Canada Enters Recession | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biden to test political waters in Florida as he mulls 2016... | Business Insider
- Man facing execution for girl's 1989 kidnapping, rape... | Business Insider
- The Federal Reserve says rent is flat in Manhattan | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel is getting death threats from gamers and loving it | Business Insider
- A 25-year-old Brazilian mayor is in trouble after running her town... | Business Insider
- Climate negotiators 'frustrated' over snail's pace | Business Insider
- 'Jurassic National Monument' proposal gets local... | Business Insider