Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Britain Destroying Its Military To Appease Enemies? | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Campaign Chair Had Dinner With Top DOJ Official One Day After Hillary's Benghazi Hearing | ZeroHedge
- LaGuardia Airport Closed After Mike Pence's Campaign Plane Skids Off Runway | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Accuses Facebook, Google Of "Distorting Perception", Wants Access To Algorithms | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps The Nation | ZeroHedge
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of "The Clinton Machine" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 things you probably didn't know about 'The Walking Dead' | Business Insider
- What all the gratuitous violence in 'The Walking Dead'... | Business Insider
- Chipotle is airing TV ads for the first time in 4 years as it bids to turnaround plummeting... | Business Insider
- Google's parent company keeps losing its top executives (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- UPS just gave Boeing's struggling jumbo jet a $10 billion lifeline (UPS... | Business Insider
- Microsoft invented a new way to bring your photos to life like never before —... | Business Insider
- Investors are fleeing stock funds at the fastest pace in over 5 years | Business Insider