Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Poll Ranks "Credibility" Of Mainstream Media Outlets | ZeroHedge
- "Paper Money Disappears" Among Nomura's 10 Grey Swan Events For 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Will 2017 See Peak Fragility? | ZeroHedge
- Gold In London And Hong Kong Is Used To Settle COMEX Futures | ZeroHedge
- Georgia Accuses Homeland Security Of Attempting To Hack State's Election Database | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
- Dutch Police Arrest Terror Suspect With Loaded AK-47 And ISIS Flag | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why your iPhone has a tiny hole next to the camera | Business Insider
- The 50 best workplaces of 2017, according to employees | Business Insider
- South Carolina shooter Dylann Roof: 'I... | Business Insider
- Here's how the Internet of Things will explode by 2020 | Business Insider
- Magic Leap CEO responds to bombshell report:... | Business Insider
- Why leaving a job that's perfect on paper can be a success, not a... | Business Insider
- I 'went about it the wrong way': Pizzeria gunman explains his... | Business Insider