Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When War Erupts Patriots Will Be Accused Of Aiding "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Algos Gone Wild: BABA "Glitch" Halted 7 Seconds, "100s Of Flash Crashes" Into Close | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year | Financial Sense
- Russell & Trannies Give Up FOMC Gains, Bond Yields Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- "Stocks Are More Crash-Prone Than Ever," Fleckenstein Slams "Fed's Idiot Policies" | ZeroHedge
- Lurking Beneath The Taper: More Trouble In Repo Land | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We Did The Math: Which iPhone 6 Should You Buy? | Business Insider
- Iran has 'role' in fighting IS militants: Kerry | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Explains Why PayPal Paid Customers To Sign Up In The Early Days | Business Insider
- A Man Has Invented A One-Piece Suit, And It Actually Looks Fantastic | Business Insider
- James Franco Keeps Getting Censored By AOL As He Recreates Famous Movie Scenes | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Woman Who Protected Yahoo's $27 Billion Windfall From Alibaba Cried With Joy... | Business Insider