Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canada's Housing Bubble Explodes As Its Biggest Mortgage Lender Crashes Most In History | ZeroHedge
- Sec Tillerson Makes Case to UN for Action Against N. Korea : "The United States Cannot Stand Idly By" | ZeroHedge
- JPM Cuts Q1 GDP Forecast To Just 0.3% | ZeroHedge
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Is the US Stock Market at a Major Inflection Point? | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Drop In March - Stagnant For 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Has Bankrupted the US In Order to Create Another Bubble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Department stores are failing — here's where everyone is buying clothing instead | Business Insider
- 18 photos that show how much fun astronauts have in space | Business Insider
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider
- Trump has decided to go with the 'nuclear option' on some of his trade... | Business Insider
- The 100 best books to read in your lifetime, according to Amazon | Business Insider
- Iraqi paramilitaries have cut off more of... | Business Insider
- The Palestinian Authority is turning up the pressure on Hamas... | Business Insider