Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Prices Rise As ISIS Attack Iraq Oil Pipelines | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cuban Warns: This Bubble Is Far Worse Than The Tech Bubble Of 2000 | ZeroHedge
- Corporate Buybacks at Record Levels | Financial Sense
- How Mario Draghi Is Putting Pensioners At Risk | ZeroHedge
- Financial Collapse Leads To War | ZeroHedge
- And The Market Breaks | ZeroHedge
- The Psychology of a Sideways Trend | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These features make Air Force One an incomparable flying fortress | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton says she asked the State... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- The hottest delivery startup out of San Francisco is growing like crazy | Business Insider
- A London bakery has introduced a new hybrid dessert that looks like... | Business Insider
- The real story of how a Dallas nurse got Ebola could be worse than we... | Business Insider
- Rescuers find 32 dead miners in east Ukraine mine | Business Insider