Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- John Kerry Admits Geneva "Deal" Worthless | ZeroHedge
- Keynesian Knightmare: US Savers Outnumber Spenders By Record Numbers | ZeroHedge
- Enlightened Self Interest and Financial Industry Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Acting Like a Professional Today | iBankCoin.com
- Ukraine Military Plane Hit By Gunfire Over Pro-Russia Held Slavyansk | ZeroHedge
- The Hangover | iBankCoin.com
- SILENCE | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Quentin Tarantino Is Completely Changing His New Movie After The Script... | Business Insider
- 15 Apps For Your iPhone That Are Better Than The Ones Apple Made | Business Insider
- 4 Essential Suits Every Man Needs In His Closet | Business Insider
- McDonald's Could Reveal A New Breakfast Wars Strategy Tomorrow | Business Insider
- BIDEN: Russia Is Making 'Humiliating Threats' To Ukraine | Business Insider
- The Man Who Helped Expose One Of The Biggest Controversies In Silicon Valley Was... | Business Insider
- SATOSHI'S REVOLUTION: How The Creator Of Bitcoin May Have Stumbled Onto Something Much... | Business Insider