Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Federal Reserve Always "Happens" To Be Wrong | ZeroHedge
- EU Ready To Restrict Passport-Free Travel, Austria To Close Border | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Julian Assange Thinks About Voting For Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Apple Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach: Gold To $1,400 As Faith In Central Banks Is Lost | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Most Distressing Chart: For Banks 2016 Is Already Worse Than 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Liberty Activists And ISIS Will Soon Be Treated As Identical Threats | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Financial power must be Obama’s weapon of choice to save... | Business Insider
- 12 US markets where it seems impossible to find a place to live | Business Insider
- UBS has made a big hire in fixed income | Business Insider
- 31 Presidents' Day sales you need to know about this weekend | Business Insider
- CIA director says ISIS has used and can make chemical... | Business Insider
- Kanye West shocked everyone with his video game teaser at Fashion Week | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek