Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Doctor Infected With Ebola To Be Released From Atlanta Hospital After Treatment | ZeroHedge
- And Another Reason Why Bonds Just Refuse To Sell Off | ZeroHedge
- THe GReaTeST THReaT SiNCe 9-11.. | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Malaise: The New Normal? | Financial Sense
- QE Will Come to the Eurozone – and, Like Elsewhere, It Will Be a Failure | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Issues Statement On "Illegal" Entry By Russian Convoy, Warns Of "Planned Provocation" | ZeroHedge
- After Russia Shutters McDonalds, The West Wonders Who's Next? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Public Speaking Tips From The Most Popular TED Talk Ever | Business Insider
- There Are 2 Simple Reasons Why Young Wall Streeters Are Getting Big Raises | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Why 'Authentic' Smilers Are Happier, Have Better Relationships, And Live Longer | Business Insider
- JACKSON HOLE: Here's The Program Schedule For The Kansas City Fed's... | Business Insider
- Is It OK To Pee In The Ocean? | Business Insider
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING FALLS TO 3-MONTH LOW | Business Insider