Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Terrorist Hackers Win: Sony Pulls Release Of "The Interview" Due To Fears Of "9/11-Style Retaliation" | ZeroHedge
- Put 25% Cash To Work | iBankCoin.com
- No Fade Today | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Stocks Soar 17% - Most Since 2008; Ruble Back Below 62/USD | ZeroHedge
- Abort? EURUSD In Catastrophe Mode | iBankCoin.com
- The Santa Claus Rally is Now | iBankCoin.com
- Oil & Gas Continue To Lead | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Silicon Valley Billionaire Is Challenging The Order To Open... | Business Insider
- Hackers invoke 9/11 in new chilling Sony threat | Business Insider
- NASA's Incredible, Futuristic, And Totally Real Plan To Establish A Human Colony On Venus | Business Insider
- EU leaders press Russia, urge new investment | Business Insider
- Here's Why US Authorities Think North Korea Hacked Sony (SNE) | Business Insider
- From Start To Finish, This Is How Beacons Track Your Phone While You're Shopping | Business Insider
- Over 1,000 Stores Are Offering Free Shipping Today — Here Are Our Favorites | Business Insider