Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- OFFICIAL RELEASE: World Silver Deficits –12 Years Running | ZeroHedge
- Busted: Hillary Caught Coordinating With CNN To Smear Rand Paul | ZeroHedge
- The Death Of Damascus: Images From Syria's War-Torn Capital | ZeroHedge
- Will Low Oil Prices Increase Internal Instability In Conflict Countries? | ZeroHedge
- Energy Storage Tech Finally Starting to Compete With the Grid | Financial Sense
- Mark Dice Confronts America's Zombie Shoppers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's knock-off landmarks from around the world are almost as stunning... | Business Insider
- Murray scores 21, No. 1 Kentucky rolls past USF 84-63 | Business Insider
- Walmart customers furious after website delays on... | Business Insider
- FANTASY PLAYS: It's time to trust the replacement... | Business Insider
- Patti LaBelle spent Thanksgiving with the guy whose viral video helped her sell $2... | Business Insider
- 19 people ill in E. coli linked to Costco chicken salad | Business Insider
- J.K. Rowling just set the record straight on the most... | Business Insider