Covered Call Picks (OSG,BMRN,FB,NSM,SODA)
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|OSG||Overseas Shipholding Group Inc||3.54||4||0.3||8.50%||November 2012|
|BMRN||BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc||42.8||43||3.6||8.40%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19||19||1.5||7.60%||November 2012|
|NSM||Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc||33.7||35||2.4||7.00%||November 2012|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||39.1||40||2.2||5.60%||November 2012|
Overseas Shipholding Group Inc (OSG) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is between $3.13 and $15.16.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN) is currently trading at $42.82. Its 52 week range is between $30.06 and $44.18.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $18.98. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $33.7. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $37.2.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $39.05. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $48.13.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Avi Gilburt: Major Whipsaws Ahead | Financial Sense
- Maxine Waters Tweets: "GET READY FOR IMPEACHMENT" | ZeroHedge
- Do Wars Help or HURT the Economy? | ZeroHedge
- Market Looking Toppy; Exercise Patience | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
- Anti-Trump Propagandist David Brock Suffers Heart Attack | ZeroHedge
- Economics Of The Standoff Between Turkey And The Netherlands | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the strongest and weakest housing markets in the US | Business Insider
- Trumpcare is causing Wall Street to question Trump... | Business Insider
- This deal on an automatic vacuum is one of the best we’ve seen | Business Insider
- The 25 best places to visit in 2017 | Business Insider
- Ukraine lawmaker accuses former Trump campaign manager of... | Business Insider
- US relations with Cuba could become a bargaining chip in the healthcare debate | Business Insider
- The first US aircraft carrier returns to the Persian Gulf... | Business Insider