Covered Call Picks (GRPN,MMR,MCP,FSLR,ARNA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $3.68 and $27.78.
McMoRan Exploration Co (MMR) is currently trading at $12.73. Its 52 week range is between $7.76 and $16.57.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $9.79. Its 52 week range is between $9.4 and $42.9.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.79. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc (ARNA) is currently trading at $7.6. Its 52 week range is between $1.27 and $13.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Market Recap Mar 26, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Elon Musk Is About To Turn Us All Into Spacefaring Cyborgs With Neuralink | ZeroHedge
- Michael Hudson: Trump Is Obama's Legacy - Is This The End Of The Democratic Party? | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Nightmare Scenario For The GOP: A $2 Trillion Funding "Hole" | ZeroHedge
- Insider Reveals How DARPA Will Control Our Minds: "If Even 20% Of This Is True..." | ZeroHedge
- House Intel Committee Cancels All Meetings For The Week: "Playing An Absurb Political Game" | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tinder is testing a new feature that makes it easier to chat with your... | Business Insider
- Russia has rejected US and EU calls to free... | Business Insider
- The F-35 program has a new, unexpected enemy — the strong dollar | Business Insider
- There's a reason why it's 'been decades since... | Business Insider
- Spotify has acquired video discovery startup MightyTV — a sign it's about to go big on... | Business Insider
- How an early Facebook employee created a business that... | Business Insider
- THE CHATBOT MONETIZATION REPORT: Sizing the market, key... | Business Insider