Covered Call Picks (DVAX,CSCO,FB,NFLX,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DVAX||Dynavax Technologies Corp||4.74||5||0.5||10.50%||November 2012|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||16.9||17||0.5||2.80%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19.9||20||0.6||2.80%||November 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||79.6||80||1.8||2.30%||November 2012|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||24.4||24.5||0.5||2.20%||November 2012|
Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX) is currently trading at $4.74. Its 52 week range is between $2.67 and $5.34.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $16.85. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.3.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $19.86. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $79.61. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.4. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "People Are Mad" - Dave Collum Warns "Existential Change Is In The Air" | ZeroHedge
- Billionaires 'Bunker'-Down For Trumpocalypse | ZeroHedge
- ECB "Refused To Answer Questions" – “Systemic Threat” Of Deutsche Is “Not ECB Fault” | ZeroHedge
- US Outcry Over Syria... Tears Followed By NATO Bombs | ZeroHedge
- Destructive Education Models Bankrupting US: New Models Needed | Financial Sense
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- Satellite Imagery Reveals China's Strategic Petroleum Reserve Is Vastly Greater Than Disclosed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Chicago doctor allegedly gave patients vaccines that... | Business Insider
- This is the giant auditorium that Apple is about to cover with dirt (AAPL) | Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Week 4 | Business Insider
- How Donald Trump became the 'Grand Benefactor' of a... | Business Insider
- Amazon shoppers can get our favorite... | Business Insider
- Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas to attend funeral of Israeli... | Business Insider
- Report: The 2020 Olympics could cost $30 billion, and the preparations already... | Business Insider