Covered Call Picks (DVAX,CSCO,FB,NFLX,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DVAX||Dynavax Technologies Corp||4.74||5||0.5||10.50%||November 2012|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||16.9||17||0.5||2.80%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19.9||20||0.6||2.80%||November 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||79.6||80||1.8||2.30%||November 2012|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||24.4||24.5||0.5||2.20%||November 2012|
Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX) is currently trading at $4.74. Its 52 week range is between $2.67 and $5.34.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $16.85. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.3.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $19.86. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $79.61. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.4. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clinton Foundation Snafu: Video Footage Catches FBI Probe Suspects Arriving At Hillary's House | ZeroHedge
- "The Stock Market Won't Crash, Yet" - The Barron's Cover Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- In Stunning Reversal, IMF Blames Globalization For Spreading Inequality, Causing Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
- First Photos Of US Soldiers In Syria Released | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Decision To Debate Sanders In California Is His Most Genius Move Yet | ZeroHedge
- US Default Risk Hits 8-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- First Quarter GDP Revised Higher To 0.8%, Misses Expectations | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There will be 34 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- Chevrolet may be about to bring back its most insane Corvette | Business Insider
- WWI vets popularized the most important accessory in a gentleman's wardrobe | Business Insider
- A US oil company just filed for bankruptcy — for the second time this year | Business Insider
- 6 negotiating tricks to try when selling your house | Business Insider
- A wild rally at the French Open continued even after both... | Business Insider
- These are the 20 best wayfarer sunglasses you can buy for under $150 | Business Insider