Covered Call Picks (DVAX,CSCO,FB,NFLX,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DVAX||Dynavax Technologies Corp||4.74||5||0.5||10.50%||November 2012|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||16.9||17||0.5||2.80%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19.9||20||0.6||2.80%||November 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||79.6||80||1.8||2.30%||November 2012|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||24.4||24.5||0.5||2.20%||November 2012|
Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX) is currently trading at $4.74. Its 52 week range is between $2.67 and $5.34.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $16.85. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.3.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $19.86. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $79.61. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.4. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Surges To 4-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Abenomics Fails Miserably As Japan's Workers "Get Nothing" In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- Why We Won’t Have a “Lehman Moment” in the 2016 Crash | Financial Sense
- Is This The Reason For Europe's Sudden Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Possible Silver U-Turn Report, 7 Feb, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- HaiL To THe DouCHe... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- France's largest... | Business Insider
- Kate Middleton sat down with a bunch of kids to talk about feelings | Business Insider
- How giraffes defy gravity | Business Insider
- The Broncos will be in a tough position if Peyton... | Business Insider
- The F-35's turbulent march to combat readiness is far from over — here's everything that's... | Business Insider
- Here's why Cam Newton is the most stylish player in the NFL | Business Insider
- JP MORGAN: US recession risk is growing | Business Insider