Covered Call Picks (DVAX,CSCO,FB,NFLX,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DVAX||Dynavax Technologies Corp||4.74||5||0.5||10.50%||November 2012|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||16.9||17||0.5||2.80%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19.9||20||0.6||2.80%||November 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||79.6||80||1.8||2.30%||November 2012|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||24.4||24.5||0.5||2.20%||November 2012|
Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX) is currently trading at $4.74. Its 52 week range is between $2.67 and $5.34.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $16.85. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.3.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $19.86. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $79.61. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.4. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On Dominoes, WMDs And Putin's "Aggression": Imperial Washington Is Intoxicated By Another Big Lie | ZeroHedge
- Actionable Long Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- LOCO Sporting the Rare, “False, Pendejo Breakdown” Pattern | iBankCoin.com
- Complacency Is Sowing The Seeds Of The Next Euro-Zone Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- Russia Will Bow Down to Our Divine Power | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US COMPANIES ADD FEWER JOBS THAN EXPECTED (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- The Fabulous Life Of Facebook Billionaire Sheryl Sandberg | Business Insider
- We Are Witnessing China's Biggest Political Takedown In 30 Years | Business Insider
- A French Luxury Car Brand Is Growing Surprisingly Fast In China | Business Insider
- Fed Stays The Course (SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA, IWM, TLT) | Business Insider
- A Broken Water Main Has Put Most Of UCLA's Campus Under Water | Business Insider
- SodaStream Is Surging (SODA) | Business Insider