Covered Call Picks (VVUS,MBI,IVN,KWK,GS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|IVN||Ivanhoe Mines Ltd||19.2||20||2.8||14.30%||Jan-12|
|KWK||Quicksilver Resources Inc||7.43||7.5||0.9||11.40%||Jan-12|
|GS||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||89.4||90||7.2||8.10%||Jan-12|
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is between $6 and $11.48.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $7.26. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $14.96.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $19.19. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $30.03.
Quicksilver Resources Inc (KWK) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is $6.17 and $15.98.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) is currently trading at $89.4. Its 52 week range is between $84.27 and $175.34.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Facebook Fraud 2.0: Academic Study Exposes "Like Farms" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine on the Brink | Financial Sense
- G-20 Post Mortem: Hopes, Fears, & Dashed Exepctations | ZeroHedge
- The Illustrated Guide To Keynesian Vs Austrian Economics | ZeroHedge
- Balanced Setups | iBankCoin.com
- Losing the Battleship | iBankCoin.com
- Jack Ma: If You're Poor At 35, You Deserve It | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- South Africa sets 'Nutcracker' in the Kalahari Desert... | Business Insider
- How The iPhone 6's Camera Compares To The Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, And Moto X (... | Business Insider
- Top FIFA Official: 'The 2022 World Cup Will Not Take Place... | Business Insider
- Van Gaal looks for lead from 'privileged' Rooney | Business Insider
- Why Quitting Your Job In Public Is Never A Good Idea | Business Insider
- Uber's Biggest Rival Acquired A Startup That'll Help Make Rides Cheaper | Business Insider
- NASA On Mars Spacecraft Entering Orbit: 'We Nailed It' | Business Insider