Covered Call Picks (VVUS,MBI,IVN,KWK,GS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|IVN||Ivanhoe Mines Ltd||19.2||20||2.8||14.30%||Jan-12|
|KWK||Quicksilver Resources Inc||7.43||7.5||0.9||11.40%||Jan-12|
|GS||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||89.4||90||7.2||8.10%||Jan-12|
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is between $6 and $11.48.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $7.26. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $14.96.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $19.19. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $30.03.
Quicksilver Resources Inc (KWK) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is $6.17 and $15.98.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) is currently trading at $89.4. Its 52 week range is between $84.27 and $175.34.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Questioning The Generally Accepted Narrative | ZeroHedge
- Russia Snaps, Accuses UK, Germany And France Of "Grossly Interfering" In The US Election | ZeroHedge
- Biden Blasts Trump-Putin Plan "To Collapse The Liberal International Order" | ZeroHedge
- New York Times Warns "Budget Cuts Are Coming", Will Invest $5 Million To Cover Trump | ZeroHedge
- Norway’s Fish For Brains Trade With India (Part I: Background) | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Chelsea Manning 'Pardon' Proves The "Russian Election Hack" Story Was One Big Lie | ZeroHedge
- World Bank: Trump to Boost US Economic Growth and Commodities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This chart that should have every manager on Wall Street worried | Business Insider
- This tiny house fits into the back of a Mercedes-Benz van | Business Insider
- Step into the boneyard, where US Air Force birds go to die | Business Insider
- Netflix's new movie looks like its craziest and creepiest yet — here... | Business Insider
- Sulfuric acid clouds on Venus hide a 'bizarre' anomaly that spans the entire... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley has pulled off a Wall Street magic trick | Business Insider
- 9 words you've probably never said correctly | Business Insider