Covered Call Picks (VVUS,MBI,IVN,KWK,GS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|IVN||Ivanhoe Mines Ltd||19.2||20||2.8||14.30%||Jan-12|
|KWK||Quicksilver Resources Inc||7.43||7.5||0.9||11.40%||Jan-12|
|GS||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||89.4||90||7.2||8.10%||Jan-12|
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is between $6 and $11.48.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $7.26. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $14.96.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN) is currently trading at $19.19. Its 52 week range is between $12.11 and $30.03.
Quicksilver Resources Inc (KWK) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is $6.17 and $15.98.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) is currently trading at $89.4. Its 52 week range is between $84.27 and $175.34.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ‘Apocalypse’ Krugman Ignores History, Keynes And Lenin’s Warnings | ZeroHedge
- Number Of French Jobless Rise To New Record | ZeroHedge
- Man Carrying Ebola Virus In World's Fourth Most Populous City, Dies In Quarantine | ZeroHedge
- Presidential Crisis Management Through The Years | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- U.S. Utility Companies Push Back in Net Metering Battle | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Batman V Superman' Director Teases New Photo Of Ben Affleck As... | Business Insider
- Ohio State University Marching Band Investigation... | Business Insider
- CYNK PLUNGES 86% (CYNK) | Business Insider
- Amazon Plunges: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Amazon, Starbucks, Pandora Earnings Impact the Open | TheStreet.com
- Rory McIlroy Has A Secret Weapon To Win Next Year's Masters | Business Insider
- Ford Beats, GM Stalls, Eli Lilly Reports & Jim Cramer's Bank Pick | TheStreet.com