Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An American In ISIS: Meet Doug McCain, One Dead Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- Confidence In Central Planning Saved With Last Second All Time High Ramp | ZeroHedge
- GUESS WHAT, YOUNG MAN? | iBankCoin.com
- Make That Coffee to Go | iBankCoin.com
- Dollar Pares Initial Gains, French Government Implodes | Financial Sense
- Stuck in the Middle with Merkel? Upcoming German State Elections | ZeroHedge
- Deflationary Fears Are Spreading Globally | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top Silicon Valley Investor Bill Gurley Is All About These Startup Trends Right Now | Business Insider
- South Africa win toss, elect to bowl, against Australia | Business Insider
- Defender Is Forced To Play Goalie In A Shootout After 118th-Minute Red Card, Makes Game-... | Business Insider
- 'Jessica Jones' Is Next Marvel Netflix Series... | Business Insider
- Troubled Bank of Cyprus posts 50 mn euros Q2 profit | Business Insider
- REPORT: The FBI Is Probing Whether Russia Hacked US Banks In Retaliation For Sanctions | Business Insider
- Why Independence Could Put Scotland In Danger Of Russian Invasion... | Business Insider