Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mainstream Media Explains The Benghazi Report | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders: The World Is Rejecting Globalization | ZeroHedge
- Is A New Banking Crisis Imminent? Recent Rise In Delinquency Rates Is Shocking | ZeroHedge
- Brexit and the Revolt Against Globalism | Financial Sense
- "Welcome To Hell" - Angry Unpaid First Responders Warn "Whoever Comes To Rio Will Not Be Safe" | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
- In Shocking Move, Boris Johnson Says He Won't Run For UK Prime Minister, Tory Leader | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first iPhone came out 9 years ago and some people still haven't upgraded... | Business Insider
- Rolls-Royce's strategy for remote-controlled cargo... | Business Insider
- Stocks are higher for a third straight day | Business Insider
- It looks like even Beijing isn't sure what it is trying to achieve in the... | Business Insider
- Why punching a shark in the nose is not your best defense | Business Insider
- Report: Dwyane Wade and the Heat are feuding over a new contract again... | Business Insider
- Amazon is bringing back 'Prime Day,' a day of shopping that promises... | Business Insider