Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico Is About To Default: Your Complete Guide To An Island Debt Debacle | ZeroHedge
- Unexpected Surge In Auction Demand For 7 Year Treasury | ZeroHedge
- The Third hedgeless_horseman's 12 Days of Christmas ~ Gift ideas for the Zero Hedge reader in your life | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- "What's The Worst That Could Happen?" | ZeroHedge
- Here Comes "QE For Metals" - China's Desperate Commodity Sector Demands A State Bailout | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- VW to offer quick fix for diesel engines in Europe | Business Insider
- Meg Whitman: Dell's $67 billion acquisition of EMC is the exact opposite of... | Business Insider
- Report: Turkey shoots down warplane over airspace... | Business Insider
- Chicago awaits more protests over police shooting | Business Insider
- India jails hospital staff for 'embezzling' 17 cents... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- How would a President Trump govern? | Business Insider