Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What The Sudden Spike In The TED-Spread Really Means | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Unsound Money Has Destroyed The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- This is How Facebook "Accidentally" Blocked DNC Email Leak Scandal | ZeroHedge
- Marc Faber: Invest 25% Of Investment Portfolios In Gold Bullion | ZeroHedge
- DNC Day 3: Bloomberg, Biden, BlackLivesMatter, & Obama - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Peak Irony: Mexico Wants To Build The Wall To Stop Illegal Immigration | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hacker claims to have stolen credentials to a bunch of US government sites... | Business Insider
- A seemingly benign part of the NFL's statement on Peyton Manning looks... | Business Insider
- The 25 healthiest cities in America | Business Insider
- This great smartphone will only cost you $50 — but there’s a big catch | Business Insider
- What the middle class doesn't understand about rich people | Business Insider
- Turkey is widening crackdown after the attempted coup amid... | Business Insider
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' alums tell Chelsea Handler why they're not voting for... | Business Insider