Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Is The ETF Liquidation That Sent Shockwaves Through The Crude Oil Market | ZeroHedge
- Don't Show Bill Dudley This Chart | ZeroHedge
- If Credit Is Right, The S&P Is Facing A 40% Crash | ZeroHedge
- Crushing The "Oil's Just A Supply Issue" Meme In 1 Painful Chart | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Julian Assange Thinks About Voting For Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Despite Crashing Japan, European, U.S. Markets Rebound On Firmer Oil | ZeroHedge
- Banking On A Bounce? Jamie Dimon Vs The Credit Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take a look at 75 years of Jeep (FCAU) | Business Insider
- Here's how investors reacted to the latest crop of tech earnings | Business Insider
- Someone has created an entire website devoted to pictures of white guys wearing... | Business Insider
- That time a Navy squadron bombed North Vietnam with a... | Business Insider
- 'The Great Reset': Venture capitalists and startups have... | Business Insider
- Smartphones could become the earthquake sensors of the... | Business Insider
- A new documentary about senior speed daters proves that in love, age doesn't matter... | Business Insider