Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- Forget Chinese Commodity Speculators, Meet North America's "Moms-and-Millennials" Oil Day-Traders | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- What to Expect out of the ECB Meeting on Thursday (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Bank of America's Winning Excuse: "We Didn't Mean To" | ZeroHedge
- How The Senate Just Took "A Hatchet To American Liberty" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The inside story of Apple's forgotten project... | Business Insider
- World War 2-era plane goes down in the Hudson River | Business Insider
- Harley Davidson just introduced its first flat-... | Business Insider
- 15 things you should do as soon as you get laid off | Business Insider
- Lufthansa suspends flights to... | Business Insider
- There are ominous signs for crude oil's recovery floating in oceans around... | Business Insider
- A 35-year-old and his wife ditched the rat race for a cabin in... | Business Insider