Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fractional Reserve Banking: How to Create and Destroy Money | Financial Sense
- Take the Money and Run: China’s Ill-Gotten Wealth Flees Overseas | Financial Sense
- October New Home Sales Surge By Most Since 1980 As Median Price Drops To One Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Stumble As VIX Hits 2-Month High | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Displeased As Obama's Anti-Inequality Rant Brings Up End Of QE Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Rages "'Easy' Money Causes Hard Times" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Highest-Paid Players At Every NFL Position | Business Insider
- This Post Has All The Black Friday Stats You Need To Sound Smart In Meetings | Business Insider
- You Can Buy Han Solo's Decrepit 'Star Wars' Blaster Gun For $200,000 | Business Insider
- One Criterion Trumps All Others When Advisors Pick Investments For Clients | Business Insider
- Here Are The Four US States That Are Expected To Contract Over The Next Six... | Business Insider
- Apple, China Mobile: It's Here (Update 1) | TheStreet.com
- Here's A 5-Second Guide To What Traders Are Talking About Today | Business Insider