Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Italian Referendum: What You Need To Know | ZeroHedge
- "The Debate Was The Most Tweeted-About Political Event In Twitter History" | ZeroHedge
- OilPECalypse Sparks Stock-Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- White House Enraged At "Most Embarrassing Vote Ever" Senate Veto Override | ZeroHedge
- How Much Money Have Humans Created - A Visual History | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Highest Since Recession | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A record 84 million TV viewers watched the first... | Business Insider
- The US Navy's newest combat ships keep breaking down | Business Insider
- One of the original 'power posing' researchers now says its effects... | Business Insider
- Switzerland could be the next country to ban face veils | Business Insider
- The Ford Focus RS is almost too much fun to drive (F) | Business Insider
- Syrian forces have launched the 'biggest ground assault yet' to retake... | Business Insider
- These are the countries around the world with the worst air pollution | Business Insider