Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Video Is For Up-and-Coming Traders (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins Warns Financial Crash From Epic Debt, Asset Bubbles "Possible In Last Quarter 2017" | ZeroHedge
- Mass Exodus From High-Taxes - Which States Did Americans Leave In 2016? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns The Following Assets Are "Most Vulnerable To Substantial Repricing" | ZeroHedge
- Carl Icahn Praises Trump Speech: "Our Dangerous Slide Towards Socialism Is Over" | ZeroHedge
- White House Spokesman Slams Media Over "Crowd Size Comparisons" In Bizarre First Briefing | ZeroHedge
- Ethics Group Will Sue Trump On Monday Over Foreign Government Payments | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TIFFANY & CO.: Trump Tower is killing our business (... | Business Insider
- US fintechs are lobbying for access to customer data | Business Insider
- Trump is officially making an economic promise that will be nearly impossible to keep | Business Insider
- Gregg Popovich says Wizards 'got off easy,' should... | Business Insider
- Over 15,000 Romanians protest against an amnesty bill that would... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Shake Shack is giving away free burgers — here’s how to get one (SHAK) | Business Insider