Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap October 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Close, But No Cuban Cigar | iBankCoin.com
- Dummies Guide To President Obama's Early Warning System | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
- Land Of The Free? 1 In 3 Americans Are On File With The FBI In The US Police State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A $55 Billion Tax Inversion Deal Is Officially Dead (SHPG, ABBV) | Business Insider
- Audi A3 Diesel Could Be Ultimate Road-Trip Champion at 63 MPG | TheStreet.com
- Everyone Likes The iPad Air 2, But It Still May Not Be Worth Buying (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Suddenly, Google Looks Shaky (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Microsoft's Smartwatch Will Be A... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Froome considering skipping 2015 Tour | Business Insider