Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "I Don't Know How To Explain It" - Confused Clinton Can't Explain Own Comments To Coal-Miner | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slump, Dollar Jumps After China Sends Message To Fed | ZeroHedge
- Russian Orchestra Performs In Syria's Palmyra Ruins, Recently Held By ISIS - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Futures Rebound As Crude Regains $45 On Canada Fears; Turkey Hammered | ZeroHedge
- I Think Icahn | Financial Sense
- Turkey PM To Quit, Handing Even More Power To Erdogan: What This Means For Turkey | ZeroHedge
- US Services Data Rebounds But Jobs, Backlogs "Highlight Fragility" Of US Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BANK OF AMERICA: Long robots, short humans | Business Insider
- Germany is about to legalize marijuana | Business Insider
- How to stop spending money mindlessly | Business Insider
- The most important science book of our time is being made into a movie starring Oprah | Business Insider
- A hidden hostel in Rio's slums is the best... | Business Insider
- Researchers discover multiple vulnerabilities in... | Business Insider
- Global stocks are falling again (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC) | Business Insider