Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Someone Is Lying | ZeroHedge
- Closing a Chapter, Opening an Old One Again | iBankCoin.com
- World Awaits Russian Response As Obama Makes "Lethal Aid" To Ukraine Legal | ZeroHedge
- What Is The Gold-Oil Ratio Telling Us? | ZeroHedge
- Deciphering Yellen's Rub-Goldbergian Message | ZeroHedge
- The "Unequivocally 'Not' Good" Reality Of Lower Oil Prices & Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Calculating The Breakeven Price For The Median Bakken Shale Well | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why BlackBerry Shares Are Falling, Despite a Surprise Profit | TheStreet.com
- One Important Reason Nike Continues to Dunk the Competition | TheStreet.com
- Cheap Oil Hasn't Slowed Growth In The Solar Industry | Business Insider
- Amazon's Biggest Vulnerability Right Now (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Here's What 4-Year-Olds Have To Go Through To Get Into An Elite New... | Business Insider
- Xi warns Hong Kong and Macau in 'one China' message | Business Insider
- Sony hack a 'serious national security matter':... | Business Insider