Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Guest Post: Why Impeachment Is Necessary | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How Inventory Stuffing Is Good For All Of Us - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The "Most Significant Danger" According To Elliott's Paul Singer | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- How and Why the Chinese Are Buying Property Outside of China | Financial Sense
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow … or Reverse | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alaska Air Counters Delta Assault With Secret Weapon: Unified Employees | TheStreet.com
- When You Look At It This Way, Treasuries Don't Look That Expensive | Business Insider
- Time-Lapse Video Shows Israel Flattening A Gaza... | Business Insider
- The 19 Most Outrageous Things Johnny Manziel Has Ever Done | Business Insider
- The Airbnb Condo Squatters Allegedly Evaded Eviction By Wearing Disguises | Business Insider
- Official At Center Of IRS Scandal Called Conservatives 'Crazies' | Business Insider
- How An Iconic Photo Of Richard Nixon In Russia Was Taken 'By... | Business Insider