Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
- What the Latest Payroll Data Really Means for the Labor Market | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Warns "The Tide Is Turning Against The Banks" | ZeroHedge
- And It's Gone! After 3 Days, Beijing Bans Discussion Of Viral China Smog Documentary | ZeroHedge
- A Day In The Life Of A Falling BRIC | ZeroHedge
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 4 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first ad for Tinder Plus sees a woman go on a sex-filled tour of Europe with her Tinder matches... | Business Insider
- Geico created a clever ad that rewards you in the best way possible when you... | Business Insider
- Another 18,299 jobs were lost in February because of crashing oil prices (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- 'Military pressure' may be needed to oust Assad: Kerry... | Business Insider
- Asia has a new growth star as China makes its slowdown official | Business Insider
- Architecture critic compares Google's new HQ... | Business Insider
- Three great pairs of touch-screen gloves to buy right now [up to 61% off] | Business Insider