Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Subprime Bubble Pop 2.0? Department Of Financial Services Slams America's Largest Subprime Servicer | ZeroHedge
- Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market | Financial Sense
- What Rout? Stocks Have Best Day In A Year | ZeroHedge
- All Of The Oil Losses Shall Be Regained | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- When Is A White House Transcript Not A Transcript? | ZeroHedge
- "Saudi's Policy Of Downplaying Oil Prices Will Backfire On Them" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- India's forgotten widows defy taboos to celebrate... | Business Insider
- Derrick Rose Made The Entire Cavs Defense Look Silly | Business Insider
- This Is Where Bugatti Built The World's Fastest Cars | Business Insider
- Why Facebook Is Still The Dominant Social Network, In One Chart (FB) | Business Insider
- Canadian Lawmakers Tweeting From Parliament: 'Mom I'm Okay I... | Business Insider
- Why Coffee Tastes So Good | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com