Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad | ZeroHedge
- Greece Is On The Ragged Edge: Bloodied Idealogues Vs. Bloodthirsty Technocrats | ZeroHedge
- WoRLD TuRTLe DaY 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | Financial Sense
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- Arab Spring 2.0: Wahhabis Go Nuclear | ZeroHedge
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's one problem with Jeb Bush's criticism... | Business Insider
- Peace activists make rare crossing of North-South... | Business Insider
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or | Business Insider
- Pentagon slams Iraqi forces for 'failing to fight... | Business Insider
- Salvadoran 'voice of voiceless' archbishop... | Business Insider
- The genius 'A Beautiful Mind... | Business Insider
- Why it totally makes sense for Snapchat to invest in shopping startup Spring | Business Insider