Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Cracking Open a Six-Pack | Financial Sense
- The Lack Of EpiPen Competitors Is The FDA's Fault | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Which Socialist Utopia Has Seen Car Sales Drop 99%? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 26 | ZeroHedge
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
- Energy Analysts at the Big Banks are Not Very Good These Days (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Not everyone is buying into Mylan's EpiPen price plan (MYL) | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF SHIPPING REPORT: Why... | Business Insider
- Granola bars aren't what you think they are, new lawsuits claim... | Business Insider
- A man who's been traveling for 10 years says this is the... | Business Insider
- 'We're not playing games any longer... | Business Insider
- Your coffee habits may be partially genetic | Business Insider
- The Target boycott is costing more than anyone expected | Business Insider