Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Succumbs To Zika Panic: Puerto Rico Declares Emergency; Plane Cabins Sprayed; CDC Says "Use A Condom" | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Entirely Ignores Yet More Jawboning From Japanese Offcials | ZeroHedge
- "Fukushima Class Disaster" - L.A. Gas Leak Spewing Lethal Levels Of Breathable Nuclear Material | ZeroHedge
- Jim Bianco: Energy Industry "Dead-Man Drilling" Into Bankruptcy | Financial Sense
- Weekend Reading: The Awakening | ZeroHedge
- UN Rules WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Being Detained Unlawfully | ZeroHedge
- Worth Wray on the Single Most Dangerous Catalyst for a Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cyber attacks are... | Business Insider
- Here's an explanation of the cozy... | Business Insider
- This is how economic empires collapse | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- 'MARCOBOT MALFUNCTIONS': Everyone's... | Business Insider
- Yogurt-maker Chobani rejects PepsiCo's offer for... | Business Insider
- ABC moderator Martha Raddatz confronts Ted Cruz over his '... | Business Insider