Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Hard-Core Clinton Fanatic" Manufactured "Viral Fake News" That MSNBC Used To Discredit Wikileaks | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe Must End In Tears | ZeroHedge
- Here's How Trump Could Still Actually 'Lose' The Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
- These Cabinet Picks Illustrate that Trump is Way Over His Head as President (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Satellite Imagery Reveals Sharp Retail Spending Slowdown After The Election | ZeroHedge
- ECB ‘Bazooka’ Reloaded Until At Least December 2017 - Euro Gold Rises 1%; 13% YTD | ZeroHedge
- Officials Admit Radioactive Fish Off U.S. West Coast Have "Disturbing Fingerprint Of Fukushima" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump is 'setting a new precedent' with his Cabinet that could dramatically empower the military | Business Insider
- Turkey declares day of mourning after... | Business Insider
- 10 'gray swan' events to watch out for in 2017 | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- A hot investing startup wrote an open letter to... | Business Insider
- This chart shows Canada’s economy is about way more than oil | Business Insider
- 'A model for civilization': Putin's Russia has emerged as 'a... | Business Insider