Credit Suisse Bashes Arena Pharma (ARNA)
Interesting that CS chose to downgrade the obesity drug maker on the day of one of the biggest rallies in recent memory. The DOW rose +250 points, the Nasdaq +66 points, and the S&P 500 rose nearly +30 points today.
Shares of Arena were down -5%.
Kalowski, of Credit Suisse, initiated coverage of Orexigen with an Outperform rating and Arena with an Underperform. Kalowski already rates Vivus at Outperform.
Orexigen has a “favorable risk/reward profile around the pre-approval cardiovascular outcomes trial,” and Vivus as recent “concerns relate to matters that are not new.” But Arena’s prospects may not be as promising, says Kalowski.
“ARNA commendably ushered Belviq through FDA; we believe that sales (ARNA has an approximately 35% royalty) will fall short of the market’s lofty expectations,” he wrote.
Mastery Bottom Line
Mr. Kalowski of Credit Suisse must have written this little piece after snorting a fat line of bath salts.
Anyone who has been following Arena for a while knows that the stock has very low institutional ownership. In fact, around the time that Arena received its FDA approval for Belviq, it was approximately 20% institutional-owned. In the last couple of months it has risen to approximately 32%.
Credit Suisse doesn't have a crystal ball and neither do we. No one knows at this point whether doctors will prescribe Belviq more or Qnexa more. Arena has a lower risk profile so we tend to think that Belviq will be prescribed more, but again, we don't have a time machine.
This seems like a pretty blatant attempt from CS to hold the share-price down so intituitions can continue to back up the truck.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Year Later/The Next Fed Rate Increase/The Facts | ZeroHedge
- Moving Backwards: Despite Claims Of A Recovery, "Economy Is In Reverse" | ZeroHedge
- Global Warm-Ongering: What Happens If Trump Takes US Out Of Paris Agreement? | ZeroHedge
- Two Explosions, Gunfire Reported Near Football Stadium In Istanbul; At Least 20 Wounded | ZeroHedge
- Satellite Imagery Reveals Sharp Retail Spending Slowdown After The Election | ZeroHedge
- Republicans Slam CIA 'Secret' Report: "What Proof Does Anyone Have? ...I've Heard Zero" | ZeroHedge
- Officials Admit Radioactive Fish Off U.S. West Coast Have "Disturbing Fingerprint Of Fukushima" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the 9 tech gifts on everyone’s wish list this year | Business Insider
- The Trump administration could... | Business Insider
- Nissan's redesigned GT-R is a beast worthy of its 'Godzilla' nickname | Business Insider
- The most incredible nature photos of 2016 | Business Insider
- How the SEC chooses to target people on Wall Street | Business Insider
- Apple's iPhone has rapidly increased market share in the US (AAPL, GOOGL)... | Business Insider
- 5 reasons why the iPhone is better than the Google Pixel | Business Insider