Credit Suisse Bashes Arena Pharma (ARNA)
Interesting that CS chose to downgrade the obesity drug maker on the day of one of the biggest rallies in recent memory. The DOW rose +250 points, the Nasdaq +66 points, and the S&P 500 rose nearly +30 points today.
Shares of Arena were down -5%.
Kalowski, of Credit Suisse, initiated coverage of Orexigen with an Outperform rating and Arena with an Underperform. Kalowski already rates Vivus at Outperform.
Orexigen has a “favorable risk/reward profile around the pre-approval cardiovascular outcomes trial,” and Vivus as recent “concerns relate to matters that are not new.” But Arena’s prospects may not be as promising, says Kalowski.
“ARNA commendably ushered Belviq through FDA; we believe that sales (ARNA has an approximately 35% royalty) will fall short of the market’s lofty expectations,” he wrote.
Mastery Bottom Line
Mr. Kalowski of Credit Suisse must have written this little piece after snorting a fat line of bath salts.
Anyone who has been following Arena for a while knows that the stock has very low institutional ownership. In fact, around the time that Arena received its FDA approval for Belviq, it was approximately 20% institutional-owned. In the last couple of months it has risen to approximately 32%.
Credit Suisse doesn't have a crystal ball and neither do we. No one knows at this point whether doctors will prescribe Belviq more or Qnexa more. Arena has a lower risk profile so we tend to think that Belviq will be prescribed more, but again, we don't have a time machine.
This seems like a pretty blatant attempt from CS to hold the share-price down so intituitions can continue to back up the truck.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It All Has A Very 2008 Feel To It" - For Deutsche Bank, The News Just Keeps Getting Worse | ZeroHedge
- Nate Silver: 51.1% Chance Of Trump Winning If Election Held Today | ZeroHedge
- Wells Execs Forfeit $60 Million; May Be Just The Beginning | ZeroHedge
- US Navy Sailor Threatened With Jail After Breaking Regulation By Refusing To Stand For National Anthem | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Russian Hackers Breached Democrats' Cell Phones: FBI | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Getting Slammed But Bonds Best Post-Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FBI director: ISIS' loss will create a 'terrorist diaspora' like we've never... | Business Insider
- 11 things to do now if your summer internship didn'... | Business Insider
- Here's how Elon Musk's giant new rocket system might land people on Mars | Business Insider
- STOCKS RISE: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- 10 expert tricks to break bad habits — and replace them with good ones... | Business Insider
- Oslo, Norway is going to start counting... | Business Insider
- One of the biggest games of the year is under investigation for false... | Business Insider