Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Looks to Cool Hot Real Estate Market | Financial Sense
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- Texas County Enacts "Emergency Paper Ballots" After "Software Glitch" In Voting Machines | ZeroHedge
- Rents Are Too Damn High: NYC Retail Vacancies Soar As Commercial Rents Start To Rollover | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Bank Liabilities Rise Above 200 Trillion Yuan For The First Time | ZeroHedge
- "If Trump Loses, I'm Grabbing My Musket": Former Congressman Ready To Go Full Revolution | ZeroHedge
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gold Star father Khizr Khan berates Trump from mosque:... | Business Insider
- Tronc and Gannett plunged on a report that banks have backed out of... | Business Insider
- Twitter is killing Vine — watch some of the best Vines of all time | Business Insider
- The best movies and TV shows coming to Amazon, HBO, and Hulu in... | Business Insider
- UK software company Misys abandons IPO plans | Business Insider
- People are saying that Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple (AAPL,... | Business Insider
- The 14 best cities in Europe for solo travelers | Business Insider