Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Latest Intel Mutiny Against Trump, DHS Analysts Say White House Travel Ban Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- N. Korean Nukes Exaggerated; More Questions About American Nukes Too | ZeroHedge
- EIA Reports Minor Build in Crude Inventories, Draw in Gasoline Stocks | Financial Sense
- Ben Stein Unloads on Media, Calls Them 'Unelected Aristocracy, an Effete Corps of Impudent Snobs' | ZeroHedge
- "Where Does This Crisis End?" - Kurt Schlichter Lays Out The Left's Violent Endgame | ZeroHedge
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- "There Must Not Be A Bail In": Germany Vows "No Debt Relief For Greece" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon keeps reminding us that it's the most dangerous company in tech (AMZN) | Business Insider
- People are rediscovering a great American artist from World War I | Business Insider
- We looked inside the $100,000 gift bag Oscar nominees take home, and it's beyond... | Business Insider
- KFC trolls the internet with a 'clean-eating burger' — complete... | Business Insider
- How Hollywood hitmaker Judd Apatow thinks about tech changing the business | Business Insider
- The complete bearish case against investing in... | Business Insider
- Greenpeace targets Samsung with protests at Mobile World... | Business Insider