Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Stocks Jump As Trump Promises Plan For "Biggest Tax Cut Ever" Next Week (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Will Banks Allow Another Slew Of Oil Bankruptcies? | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time This Happened, The Market Crashed | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says Paris Attack "Will Have Big Effect On Election" As French Police Hunt Second Suspect | ZeroHedge
- What Trump Tax Plan? Key Senate Panel Has Not Even Seen It | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A wine expert shares the 5 things every wine drinker should have... | Business Insider
- A CEO named to Forbes' '30 Under 30' kicks off every job interview... | Business Insider
- Trump administration may change... | Business Insider
- 25 photos that prove you're a stowaway on a tiny, fragile spaceship we call... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Ford CEO reveals his company’s plan to get cars to hit 54 miles per... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek