Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Asks Why Intelligence Committee Isn't Probing The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- The Top Countries For U.S. Visa Refusals | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing NAFTA's Mixed Track Record Since 1994 | ZeroHedge
- Republican Controlled House Committee Passes Measure to Audit the Fed | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Officially Begins: EU Receives Article 50 Notice From The UK; What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 29 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Photos of new tiger cubs in Thailand reveal a 'miraculous' comeback for... | Business Insider
- 2 Miami police officers have been shot by a group of men... | Business Insider
- FAST FOOD CEO: Machines could 'run the world' by the mid- to... | Business Insider
- Here are 48 hedge fund terms every investor should know | Business Insider
- US NATO Commander: A UN ban on nukes is 'not realistic' | Business Insider
- The Trump administration is judging itself on the wrong market | Business Insider