Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Video Is For Up-and-Coming Traders (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The World's 10 Least Affordable Cities Of 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Inauguration: A Typical Norwegian Response To A Historical Event | ZeroHedge
- Rubio Saves Tillerson Confirmation In 11-10 Vote | ZeroHedge
- 80% Of Central Banks Plan To Buy More Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 22, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Iran Caught Smuggling Anti-Tank Missile Systems Through Ukraine Under "False Manifests" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is still pitching... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- These are the 5 best desk chairs for your home or office | Business Insider
- Here's how Tesla's new self-driving system will work (... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- This is the MacBook accessory that’ll make getting work done on your... | Business Insider
- One of Silicon Valley's biggest VCs just launched a site tracking everything Trump... | Business Insider