Crocs Inc. and the NBA Deal
An announcement from Crocs Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX) about a deal with the NBA (after their stock has dropped 22% in the last two days) is almost comical at this point.
Imagine driving to the hoop wearing your Seattle Sonics Croc gear when you realize the damn endorsed sandals don't have any ankle support -- crack!! Croc investors, imagine all the money the NBA is going to bring them? Wow. I hope they get NASCAR next, that would be a great fit.
Here's the press release off their website - click here.
CROCS, INC. EXTENDS LICENSING BUSINESS WITH ADDITION OF NBA BRANDED FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
NBA partnership complements deals with MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, NCAA, and NASCAR to put Crocs™ shoes on the feet of every major sports fan
“Basketball fans are some of the most dedicated in all of professional sports and we’re thrilled to provide NBA fans with a new way to support their favorite teams and show their spirit from head to toe,” said
The agreement adds to Crocs' library of license agreements, which also includes rights to all NHL, NFL and MLB teams and over 75 major colleges and universities. Similar to the company's Collegiate Licensing program, the products include a primary team color for the shoe and an alternate team color for the heel strap with the team name and/or logo placed on the heel strap and on the side of the shoe.
About Crocs, Inc:
Crocs, Inc. is a rapidly growing designer, manufacturer and retailer of footwear for men, women and children under the Crocs™ brand.
All Crocs™ brand shoes feature Crocs’ proprietary closed-cell resin, Croslite™, which represents a substantial innovation in footwear. The Croslite™ material enables Crocs to produce soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. These unique elements make Crocs™ footwear ideal for casual wear, as well as for professional and recreational uses such as boating, hiking, hospitality and gardening. The versatile use of the material has enabled Crocs to successfully market its products to a broad range of consumers.
I n 2006, the company acquired Jibbitz, LLC, a unique accessory brand with colorful snap-on products specifically suited for
Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries and come in a wide array of colors and styles. Please visit www.crocs.com for additional information.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 1929 Analog | Financial Sense
- France Unemployment Surges To 16 Year High | ZeroHedge
- BofAML Sees Bitcoin Fair Value At $1300 | ZeroHedge
- David Tepper Follows Baupost In Returning Excess Cash To Investors | ZeroHedge
- Kyle Bass Warns When "Everyone Is 'Beggaring Thy Neighbor'... There Will Be Consequences" | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The "Growth" - Inventory Hoarding Accounts For Nearly 60% Of GDP Increase In Past Year | ZeroHedge
- Nelson Mandela Has Died: Obama Addresses The Nation - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Guitar Center Is Proof That Big Box Retail Is Ending | Business Insider
- One Criterion Trumps All Others When Advisors Pick Investments For Clients | Business Insider
- 5 Tech Stocks Spiking on Unusual Volume | TheStreet.com
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- We Tried Olive Garden's New Italian-Style Burger — Here's The Verdict | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: People Watch A Lot Of TV | Business Insider
- This Is The Official 'Color Of The Year' For 2014 | Business Insider