5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Cybercrime’s Global Costs | Financial Sense
- Hawkish Fed Sends USD, Bond Yields Soaring; Stocks Dump & Pump | ZeroHedge
- About to Put Some Money to Work | iBankCoin.com
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits | Financial Sense
- The Schizophrenic US Housing Market In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Russian Convoy Crosses Border, Enters Ukraine Customs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Scientist Is Creating The Perfect Pancreas To Treat His Son’s Diabetes | Business Insider
- Here's What An Accountant Really Does All Day | Business Insider
- ISIS Has Been Taking Foreign Hostages Since The Very Beginning — And Getting Paid For... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Mario Balotelli, The Most Interesting Man In Soccer, Is Close To A Shock Liverpool... | Business Insider
- How Facebook Is Eroding Google's Dominance in Online Advertising | TheStreet.com
- Nintendo Is Missing Out On A Huge Opportunity By Not Addressing Diehard Fans In China | Business Insider