5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: There Is A Plunge Protection Team - It’s Called The FOMC | ZeroHedge
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? | ZeroHedge
- The Most 'Distrusted' News Sources In America | ZeroHedge
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Tennessee Woman Sentenced To Jail For Not Mowing Her Lawn | ZeroHedge
- Real Hourly Wages Drop In September, Fail To Rise In 6 Of Past 7 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Coca-Cola Shares Tank After Management Warns On Profits (KO) | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Islamic State Militants Are Raking In $800 Million A... | Business Insider
- How Marvel Prevents Video Footage From Leaking... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- This Clever App Scans And Solves Math Problems Instantly Using... | Business Insider
- Shaky Japanese economy hit by growing trade deficit | Business Insider