5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hans-Werner Sinn Fears Europe's "Very Messy" Easy-Money Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Wrapping Up Orson Welles | iBankCoin.com
- Invest in Food | ZeroHedge
- Santelli Stunned As Janet Yellen Admits "Cash Is Not A Store Of Value" | ZeroHedge
- Why There Is No Wage Growth In America | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's a simple, effective strategy for navigating a career change | Business Insider
- Here's why successful, 28-year-old actor Miles Teller still hasn't... | Business Insider
- Some of the most powerful people on the religious right say they might just... | Business Insider
- Kleiner Perkins celebrates its victory while Ellen Pao... | Business Insider
- Stunning drone video captures the beauty of Canada's oil province | Business Insider
- Nigeria president's vote hit by technology glitch | Business Insider
- 13 fascinating things you never knew about Steve Jobs from a new book about his life (AAPL... | Business Insider