5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Problem with Gold-Backed Currencies | Financial Sense
- Stockman: "After March 15 Everything Will Grind To A Halt" | ZeroHedge
- The Oscars – Gold Plated And Debased Like The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To The Next Awakening" - Author Of Steve Bannon's Worldview Explains The Path Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Berkshire Letter Highlights: Buffett Slams Hedge Funds, Likes Immigrants And The US Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Feb 26, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- The U.S. Nuclear Energy Dream Is Dying | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- BUFFETT: 'A CEO whose focus is centered on Wall Street will be tempted to make... | Business Insider
- Animated map shows the US... | Business Insider
- One of the best electric toothbrushes you can buy isn’t from a big name brand | Business Insider
- A founder who sold... | Business Insider
- The longest-serving US diplomat implicitly rebuked... | Business Insider
- TOP DEMOCRATIC SENATOR: The party has to do these 3 things to start winning... | Business Insider
- Skater brand Vans wants to go mainstream (VFC) | Business Insider