5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Humiliated: For The First Time, Congress Votes To Override President's "Sept 11" Bill Veto | ZeroHedge
- "More Politics Than Anything Else" - Wall Street Reacts To The OPEC Oil Production Cut Deal | ZeroHedge
- Oil Oscillates As Production Drops; RBOB Plunges After Biggest Gasoline Build In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Crude Declines As OPEC Deal Doubts Emerge; Futures Roll Over | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Euro “Might Start To Unravel” If Collapse Of Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- The Central Bank Power Shift From West To East, Game Of Thrones Style | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Colin Kaepernick lost a ton of weight over the offseason, and it's holding him back... | Business Insider
- San Francisco's biggest tech employer just opened a space where... | Business Insider
- How one woman built herself a brand new career traveling the world after 21 years of working 9-5 | Business Insider
- Alan Greenspan has a new gig | Business Insider
- Why you should absolutely shell out thousands of dollars for this 'outdated'... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Bed bugs are evolving before our eyes | Business Insider