5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inside the Market's Mind: Halloween Edition - Clowns, Balloons, and Scary Times | Financial Sense
- Memo To President Trump Or Clinton: The Gold Standard Made America Both Good & Great | ZeroHedge
- As seen on Zero Hedge: The fix is in - wag the dog. | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- The Market Is Really Nervous Right Now (Video) | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Find The Right Path? | Altucher Confidential
- Trump Has Split the GOP ... Now the Next Step? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- American Express is soaring despite announcing its lowest quarterly revenue in more... | Business Insider
- Nintendo just announced a new game console — here's everything we know | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The trends creating new winners and losers in... | Business Insider
- Chuck Todd presses top Trump adviser on why he won't blame Russia for... | Business Insider
- Exxon's CEO doesn't think there's going... | Business Insider
- I'm a financial planner and here are 6 unbelievably stupid things I see people do with money | Business Insider
- I just visited New York City after moving to San Francisco — here are the 5 things... | Business Insider