5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- French Socialist Primary Winner Proposes Tax On Robots, Universal Income, Right Of Foreigners To Vote | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
- Ethics Group Will Sue Trump On Monday Over Foreign Government Payments | ZeroHedge
- Trump Set To Meet With Big 3 Auto CEOs: "I Want New Plants To Be Built Here For Cars Sold Here!" | ZeroHedge
- Ergogan Seeks Powers To Stay In Office Until 2029: Expect Perpetual State Of Emergency | ZeroHedge
- This Video Is For Up-and-Coming Traders (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Kunstler Warns "We Are Repeating The Greatest Misallocation Of Resources In The History Of The World" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 career misconceptions that are killing 20-somethings... | Business Insider
- Ben Roethlisberger hinted he may be done with the NFL | Business Insider
- Shia LaBeouf got into a shouting match with a white... | Business Insider
- Gambia's embattled... | Business Insider
- Failures in the fight against ISIS reveal some... | Business Insider
- Republicans are dismayed by Trump’s false insistence that millions voted illegally | Business Insider
- Trump says the ethics lawsuit filed against him is 'without merit... | Business Insider