5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Pathetic 'Talk Therapy' Of Janet Yellen | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Fractionally Red Ahead Of Pre-Weekend "Nasdaq 5000" Push | ZeroHedge
- After Cutting US Growth Due To Snow, Goldman Now Warns West Coast Port Congestion Will "Drag On GDP" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Enters The Endgame | ZeroHedge
- How To Trade Oil For HFT Idiots | ZeroHedge
- TEPCO Admits Delaying Report Of Major Radiation Leak Into The Pacific Ocean For 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- Putin Slams Ukraine Decision To Cut-Off Gas To East As "Genocidal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The founder of modern Singapore is on life support | Business Insider
- Samsung is going to build a crucial part of the new iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The 10 most useless graduate degrees | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley to pay $2.6 bn to settle mortgage bond... | Business Insider
- Here's the Apple Watch's full 12-page spread in Vogue (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- British Airways owner posts surging profits | Business Insider