5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- Like Dripping Silver Icicles | Financial Sense
- China’s Market Finally Looks Like a Buy | Financial Sense
- Forget What They Say And Watch What They Do | ZeroHedge
- THe SCHLoCK HeaRD RouND THe WoRLD... | ZeroHedge
- Is This China's QE? | ZeroHedge
- Most Transparent Insider Trading Congress Ever Tells SEC To Shove it | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why Medicare Isn't Actually Going To 'Run Out Of Money... | Business Insider
- This Invention Will Totally Change The Way You Fill... | Business Insider
- KERRY TO RUSSIA: STOP LYING | Business Insider
- This Is What It Is Like To Race $10,000 Lawn Mowers In Texas [PHOTOS... | Business Insider
- US: Here's Proof Russia Is Shelling Ukrainian Troops — Russia:... | Business Insider
- Boston Suffers Extensive Damage And Flooding After... | Business Insider
- Dollar Tree Buying Family Dollar Could Be Bad News For Coca-Cola And Clorox | Business Insider