5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
- Dear Janet... A Memo From Millennials To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Nationalist Tensions Rise As Sarkozy Slams "Calais Jungle", Demands "Britain Deal With Asylum Seekers In Britain" | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Rent or Buy? – Are Parents Screwing Over Their Children? | ZeroHedge
- "If This Does Not Disqualify Hillary For The Presidency, It's Hard To Know What Will" | ZeroHedge
- Risk-Parity Panic Looms As Bonds, Stocks, Gold Rally; Reject Fed Hawkish Chatter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A sex expert reveals the 3 traits every couple needs for a happy... | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- 5 skills you learned in college that could make you better... | Business Insider
- Colin Kaepernick's future in the NFL is now a huge mystery | Business Insider
- This soundbar is one of the best buys for your home theater, and today it’s on sale | Business Insider
- Report: 70 tents burned down in Iraqi refugee camp | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider