5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- NatGas Nightmares & The Descending Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Can the Renminbi Become an International Currency? | Financial Sense
- CoLD WaR 2.0: THe ReTuRN oF PuTTNiK... | ZeroHedge
- The Holy Grail Of Trading Has Been Found: HFT Firm Reveals 1 Losing Trading Day In 1238 Days Of Trading | ZeroHedge
- The New Name Of SAC Capital Has Been Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dutch Economist Heleen Mees Wants To Subpoena Citi For Ex-Lover's Expense... | Business Insider
- The Fuel Cell Stocks Are Being Ridiculous Again Today (FCEL, BLDP, PLUG) | Business Insider
- The Actor Who Plays The 'True Detective' Killer Has Been On 3... | Business Insider
- Officials Identify Stolen Passport Holder As Iranian Man With No Terror Link... | Business Insider
- UPDATE: PonziCoin Organizer Claims Site Was Hacked As Relieved Users Get Refunds | Business Insider
- Allegedly Corrupt Politician Seems To Be Planning A Golf Fundraiser — Without The Golf | Business Insider
- Your Open Floor Plan Is Making Everybody Sick | Business Insider