5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 20 Most Sinister Psyop Leaflets Of All Time | ZeroHedge
- Reddit To Ban "Most Toxic" Trump Supporters After CEO Abused With "Personal Message Harassment" | ZeroHedge
- Your Last Minute Payrolls Preview: What Wall Street Expects | ZeroHedge
- Angry Mobs Lock Up Indian Bankers As Cash Chaos Soars: "We Are Fearing The Worst" | ZeroHedge
- $1 Trillion Money Manager Downplays The OPEC Deal | ZeroHedge
- "A Generation That Has Never Been Told 'No'" Daniel Hannan Destroys Anti-Trump Protestors' Safe Spaces | ZeroHedge
- Death, Gold, & Taxes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US is joining more than 40 countries in an 'unprecedented' takedown of a... | Business Insider
- Boris Johnson says the UK will not block a closer EU common... | Business Insider
- Hundreds of US doctors signed a petition rebuking the American... | Business Insider
- Micro-influencers are the new field in influencer marketing... | Business Insider
- 21 technology tipping points we will reach by 2030 | Business Insider
- MLB just made a change to 'the worst rule in baseball' and it... | Business Insider
- Colombia's congress ratifies peace accord with rebels | Business Insider