5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why "Nothing Matters": Central Banks Have Bought A Record $1 Trillion In Assets In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- What Trump Tax Plan? Key Senate Panel Has Not Even Seen It | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
- 'Soft' Data Bloodbath - Manufacturing/Services PMI Plunge Below Trump Election Lows | ZeroHedge
- "Total Chaos" - Cyber Attack Feared As Multiple Cities Hit With Simultaneous Power Grid Failures | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- Eight Venezuelans Electrocuted To Death While Looting Bakery Amid Massive Protests | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 things both Trump and Obama wanted to trim from the federal government... | Business Insider
- These 10 maps will change... | Business Insider
- Oscar Isaac talks about the role that will stay with him and working... | Business Insider
- Ask yourself a question from a behavioral economist to make your... | Business Insider
- The best type of sunglasses for every face shape — and how to figure out which one you... | Business Insider
- The 24-year-old 'Italian Mark Zuckerberg' has... | Business Insider
- Trump announces 'BIG' rally on the same night as the... | Business Insider