5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Explaining Bernie-Conomics Using Two Beers | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- Stocks Shrug As USDJPY, Crude, PMs Slide After Disappointing GDP Print | ZeroHedge
- Disillusioned Democrats & The Demise Of Democracy In America | ZeroHedge
- China's Credit-Fuelled Economy Is "Gyrating Like A Spinning-Top That's Out Of Momentum" | ZeroHedge
- Peak Petro-State - The Oil World In Chaos | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everything you need to know to land your dream job on Wall Street | Business Insider
- This is the oldest tech still used by the US government | Business Insider
- These tiny 3-pound satellites are changing the way... | Business Insider
- SpaceX is attempting its extremely difficult landing for the second time tonight —... | Business Insider
- This absurd backpack computer actually has a pretty good reason to exist | Business Insider
- The horror story of the US housing market is far from over | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 12 members of the 1896 Dow Jones Industrial Average (GE) | Business Insider