5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sunday Morning Quote | iBankCoin.com
- 70% Of Calfornia's Doctors Expected To Boycott Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Wealthy Chinese… and Chinese Wealth, Flee Overseas | Financial Sense
- Positve ADP Reports Blow Away Expectations | Financial Sense
- The Bitcoin Derivatives Market Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Short Term Stock Market Pull-Back Developing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Snapchat's First Investor Found Snapchat Before... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 12/... | StreetInsider.com
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- New Details Revealed About Ryan Lanza's Interrogation After The... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S... | StreetInsider.com
- Lions Kicker Falls Down Like Charlie Brown On An Extra Point Attempt In The Snow | Business Insider