5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Moscow Must Burn": Ukraine's "Christian Taliban" Pledges Anti-Russian "Crusade" | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Drop, End Worst Month Since August 2009; US Equity Futures Flat | ZeroHedge
- Brazil's Economy Slides Into Depression, And Now Olympians Will Be Swimming In Feces | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: China’s Holding of Treasuries | Financial Sense
- This Is The 714 Sq. Foot Hovel In LA That Can Be Yours For Just $1.1 Million | ZeroHedge
- The Swiss National Bank Is Long $94 Billion In Stocks, Reports Record Loss Equal To 7% Of Swiss GDP | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's latest video deal puts a crack 'in Netflix’s armor' (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (WPP, WPPGY, FB,... | Business Insider
- Arsenal seek title proof in Chelsea encounter | Business Insider
- OIL DROPS, STOCKS FALL: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM, TLT, CVX, XOM,... | Business Insider
- SoulCycle is going public | Business Insider
- The hacking-related recall at Fiat-Chrysler could... | Business Insider
- Shamers on the prowl in social media jungle | Business Insider