5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Is (Almost) Japan: Bund Yield Plunges To Record 0.33% | ZeroHedge
- The Raging “Currency Wars” Across Europe | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Jan 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- John McCain Threatens Anti-Kissinger Protesters With Arrest, Calls Them "Low-Life Scum" | ZeroHedge
- Welcome to a Scared New World | iBankCoin.com
- Shake Shak Opens For Trading Valued At 108x EBITDA | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Dijsselbloem To Varoufakis: "You Just Killed Troika" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Generated More Revenue In One Quarter... | Business Insider
- Ferrari unveil car to power team back to F1 glory | Business Insider
- Rap Mogul 'Suge' Knight Has Been Arrested For Allegedly... | Business Insider
- China bank says business 'normal' as chief... | Business Insider
- Watch John McCain Blow Up At Protesters Heckling Henry Kissinger — 'Get Out Of... | Business Insider
- A Tokyo real estate company is selling apartments with stripper poles to encourage... | Business Insider
- Here's how good Tim Cook has been for Apple in one chart (... | Business Insider