5 Defensive Stocks to Play for 2012
Making the cut are Goldman Sachs (GS), Halliburton (HAL), United Parcel Service (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). No matter how bad things get for the global economy or if the Kraken takes Greece into the sea along with the euro, these companies will live to fight another day.
These 5 companies provide essential services and goods to the world, and we think their stock prices are likely to improve in the later half of the year. Us earthlings still need oil machines (Halliburton), financial services (Goldman), medicine/household goods (J&J and P&G), and a way to send our goods (UPS). Mastery selects the best in breed of those sectors and it turns out a few of them are near 12 month lows.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) shares are at $94.31 which is 7.7% from its 12 month low. GS shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 13.5, EPS of 6.78 and annual dividend yield of 2%.
Halliburton Co (HAL) shares hit a new 52-week low today it closed at $26.70. Halliburton shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 8, EPS of 3.2 and pay a 1.35% annual dividend yield.
United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) shares are at $76.53 and 6% from its 12 month high. UPS shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 19.3, EPS of 3.95 and provide a 2.98% annual dividend yield.
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) shares are at $59.38 and are 3% from its 52-week low. PG pays a 3.79% annual dividend yield, has a P/E Ratio of 18.5 and EPS of 3.26.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares are 2% from its 12 month high and closed at $66.53 today. J&J pays a 3.37% annual dividend yield, has a P/E of 18.3 and EPS of 3.64.
5 DEFENSIVE STOCKS FOR SUMMER 2012
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- THe ReTuRN OF CoMeY THe CLoWN... | ZeroHedge
- The Mainstream Media Is Using "Trolling" As An Excuse To Censor The Right | ZeroHedge
- Did Artificial Intelligence Deny You Credit? | Financial Sense
- Republican Confidence Soars To 9 Year Highs As Democrats' Comfort Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Avi Gilburt: Major Whipsaws Ahead | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A day in the life of 24-year-old Instagram star and personal trainer... | Business Insider
- Trump's former pick for labor secretary just left his job as a fast-food CEO | Business Insider
- Hackers reportedly tried to steal self-driving car secrets from... | Business Insider
- Russia underreported its amount of casualties in the fight to... | Business Insider
- Inside the identity crisis at the Independent Journal Review, the outlet... | Business Insider
- 12 terrible things that could happen if you don't do your taxes | Business Insider
- The Marines have a new helicopter — and it costs as much as an F-35 | Business Insider