Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Splits - Wait a week to buy
Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) shares split 2:1 this morning and now that shares are in the $32 range vs. $70 we're interested. Tack on a downgrade last week by Robert W. Baird & Co saying the recent run-up in the stock price and warm weather that may hurt Q3 results could push shares down even further.
Analyst J. David Cumberland said shares of the sporting goods retailer have risen over 22 percent since the company's strong second-quarter report. He downgraded the stock to "Neutral" from "Outperform."
In August, Dick's said second-quarter earnings rose 87% on higher sales from both existing and new stores.
(In millions of USD)
Cumberland warned, however, that mild weather conditions hurt recent sales of cold weather merchandise for many retailers. Cumberland said temperatures have been six degrees above average in Dick's markets over the past four weeks, which may hurt third-quarter results.
In the long-term, Cumberland said the company will continue reporting strong earnings and sales growth because of its market leadership and strong execution. Cumberland said Dick's has 7 percent market share in the $52 billion sporting goods retail market.
Bring on the hate, we welcome that, the more ammo to push shares down even further, if we see below $30, the Masters recommend jumping in.
Article by Ted Gottsegen
Contributor at TheStockMasters.com
Disclaimer: The Author does not hold any positions or shares in the securities mentioned in this publication nor does he stuff his shorts.
Our Original newsletter that has enlightened our subscribers for over a year. It contains What to Buy, What to Sell, and Market Commentary. We have a 17.5% return since October 2006 and the average wait for a return is only 3.61 months and we have the track record to prove it (click here to view Master Picks track record). We've had great feedback, and in turn have already created a unique following of thousands of Stockmasters. Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Losing Faith In The Fed? 2Y Yields Break Below Key Technical Level Amid Intraday Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yields Are Tumbling Post-ADP | ZeroHedge
- Biotechnology Won | iBankCoin.com
- World Inflation Falls To A New 5-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- This Is Your Broken Market On Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- America: The "Nursing Home" Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook disputes study saying it might violate European security laws (FB) | Business Insider
- 30 books everyone should read before turning 30 | Business Insider
- Why Google killed a secret project to improve battery life by... | Business Insider
- The amount of oil being shipped by rail has increased 50-fold... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- A former CFO is now unemployed and living on foodstamps after his rant against... | Business Insider
- Time runs out as Iran nuclear talks hit deadline day | Business Insider