DryShips: $5 to $1 stock in 30 past days
DryShips Inc (DRYS) was $5 on Dec 23 2016 compared to today's price of $1.16 - another 52-week low. Shares of DRYS are down 76% in the past month and shareholders are wondering where is the bottom?
DRYS dropped another penny while writing this article and now stands at $1.15. Volume on shares of DRYS has been screaming the past week and today with a few hours before the close DRYS has passed 40 million shares traded. The 5 day loss is at 46% on DRYS shares from the $2 level. All that selling appears justified now that the company has announced... DUM DUM DUM!
A Reverse Stock spit.
That's right, for every 8 shares you own of DRYS you now get 1 share. The split is effective next Monday, Jan 23. A desperate act by the company to keep it's shares on the NASDAQ before desliting occurs once it gets below $1.
DRYS has 69,357,841 shares as of today, after next week it will be approximately 8.7 million shares.
Click if you care to read More on the smoke and mirrors show from the company.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- McClellan: "Gobs of Liquidity" to Fuel Markets Higher | Financial Sense
- An "Increasingly Worried" Chinese President Tells Trump To "Exercise Restraint" Over N.Korea | ZeroHedge
- Trump: "I Don't Fear A Trade War With Canada" | ZeroHedge
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Back Near Record Highs As SEC Reviews ETF-Blocking Decision | ZeroHedge
- "It's All About Oil Now": Citi Charts The Biggest Risk To The Global Reflation Trade | ZeroHedge
- Gary Cohn Is The Leading Candidate To Replace Janet Yellen: Beacon | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most Republicans in 2016 swing states... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Inside young Silicon Valley's elite meeting about the soul of the entire global economy | Business Insider
- Report: 'Trump whisperer' Kellyanne Conway just bought an $8... | Business Insider
- 'Wells Fargo has been out of order for years!... | Business Insider
- 35-year-old former All-Star the Jazz gave $22 million has been single-handedly bailing... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider