DryShips: $5 to $1 stock in 30 past days
DryShips Inc (DRYS) was $5 on Dec 23 2016 compared to today's price of $1.16 - another 52-week low. Shares of DRYS are down 76% in the past month and shareholders are wondering where is the bottom?
DRYS dropped another penny while writing this article and now stands at $1.15. Volume on shares of DRYS has been screaming the past week and today with a few hours before the close DRYS has passed 40 million shares traded. The 5 day loss is at 46% on DRYS shares from the $2 level. All that selling appears justified now that the company has announced... DUM DUM DUM!
A Reverse Stock spit.
That's right, for every 8 shares you own of DRYS you now get 1 share. The split is effective next Monday, Jan 23. A desperate act by the company to keep it's shares on the NASDAQ before desliting occurs once it gets below $1.
DRYS has 69,357,841 shares as of today, after next week it will be approximately 8.7 million shares.
Click if you care to read More on the smoke and mirrors show from the company.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Reverses: Tillerson Offers "Snubbed" NATO New Dates For Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- BOMBSHELL: CIA Whistleblower Leaked Proof Trump Under "Systematic Illegal" Surveillance Over Two Years Ago: FBI Sat On It | ZeroHedge
- THe ReTuRN OF CoMeY THe CLoWN... | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
- "Trump Trade 1.0" Is Over - Why It Will Take Some Time To Ship Version 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- China 'Shadow Banks' Crushed As Liquidity Costs Hit Record High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the strongest and weakest housing markets in the US | Business Insider
- The Navy is using drones to prep for future tensions with Russia... | Business Insider
- THE RETAILER... | Business Insider
- New data shows that teens aren't... | Business Insider
- The GOP's health care bill would widen America's big wealth gap | Business Insider
- Brazil's latest corruption scandal appears to be... | Business Insider
- After a 'rough year' that took basketball away from him, Chris... | Business Insider