Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stop Bearing with Your Snooty Barista | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- 3 Important Gold Charts - Transparent Holdings Fall As Bullion Goes East To Russia and China | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Levitate To New All Time High As USDJPY Surges Above 105; Gold Slammed | ZeroHedge
- Deja Vu - Someone Tell The Gold-Manipulating-Machines The Market's Shut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pakistan minister condemns protests as lawmakers back PM | Business Insider
- US air strike in Somalia targeting Shebab leader:... | Business Insider
- This Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone No One Is... | Business Insider
- Murray beats Tsonga to reach US Open quarter-finals | Business Insider
- Inside The Underground iCloud Hacking Ring That... | Business Insider
- The Leaked Photos Of McKayla Maroney Were Taken When She Was Under Age, And... | Business Insider
- 'Bikini Barista' Coffee Shops Are Exploding In The Northwest | Business Insider