Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Falling Crude Prices Put Producers Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Financial Sense
- "No Brainer" AAPL Enters Correction, Down 12% From Recent Highs To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- AAPL Stock Tests Key Technical Level For First Time Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In July And 2015 YTD | ZeroHedge
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- US Recession Imminent As Factory Orders Plunge For 8th Consecutive Month | ZeroHedge
- Construction Spending Growth Slumps To 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Myanmar rescuers race to flood zones, 46 dead | Business Insider
- Trillions of dollars needed for UN anti-poverty plan | Business Insider
- Nokia sold its maps unit to German carmakers for $3.07... | Business Insider
- This is one of the biggest ways college students are ripped off... | Business Insider
- The single biggest mistake people make when taking a photo with their smartphone | Business Insider
- 5 networking secrets to help you get ahead | Business Insider
- Israel arrests second suspected Jewish extremist: Shin Bet... | Business Insider