Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Simple Reason Why A Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Spikes To 5-Month Highs After Early French Results | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: The S&P 500 Is Not Overvalued–Yet | Financial Sense
- How The Euro Will React After The First French Results Come Out | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood: Left Prepares For War After Berkeley Beat Down With "Combat Training, Better Equipment, Guns..." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Few clues emerge about the human damage caused by the... | Business Insider
- Amazon is discounting thousands of their warehouse deals for Earth Day — here... | Business Insider
- A city in Illinois realized it was spending a lot of money... | Business Insider
- Angela Merkel reportedly had to explain the 'fundamentals' of EU trade to Trump... | Business Insider
- A legal expert lays out three cases for impeaching Trump | Business Insider
- If the US could have prosecuted Assange, it would have already done so... | Business Insider
- BLACKSTONE COO: We're the solution to America's... | Business Insider