Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Blew It," Chuck Schumer Says Democrat Focus On Obamacare Was Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Presenting Bubbleology: The Science Of Bubble Money | ZeroHedge
- Dow Record Close Despite Bond Yields, Bullion, & Black Gold Battering | ZeroHedge
- Big Banks Take Huge Stakes In Aluminum, Petroleum and Other Physical Markets ... Then Manipulate Their Prices | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is A 6,000 Year Old Bubble" - Citi's Dutch Strategist Throws Up All Over Gold, Days After Dutch Gold Repatriation | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hunger-striking inmates die of poisoning in Venezuela | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- It's Time To Stop Hating On The Cadillac... | Business Insider
- Waqar fears for Abbott's cricket future after Hughes... | Business Insider
- Eurozone inflation falls to 0.3 percent, unemployment... | Business Insider
- Tens Of Thousands Are Left Without Power In New England After Record-Setting Snowfall | Business Insider
- Nigeria mosque blasts: 92 dead at one hospital morgue | Business Insider