Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of England Confirms: Debt Issuance Levels Tripled Since Quantitative Easing | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- A Nation Of Immigrants? | ZeroHedge
- Here's The 30 Seconds After The Last Debate That CNN Would Rather You Didn't See | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market in Crisis, Risks Collapse: LBMA | Financial Sense
- Quick Break from the Madness | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the 20 best microscope photos of 2016 | Business Insider
- 15 high-paying jobs to avoid if you're a selfish person | Business Insider
- Learn to code in one of the most productive, versatile, and beginner-... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The one shoe every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider
- Fully understand the Fintech Ecosystem with this report | Business Insider
- A top Silicon Valley 'budtender' says these bite-... | Business Insider