Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Wrapped in Today’s Bacon | iBankCoin.com
- Europe's Proposed Russian Sanctions Leaked: Full Report | ZeroHedge
- Putin Recalls State Duma From Vacation, "Planning Something" On Ukraine Situation | ZeroHedge
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
- Caption Contest: The Lifecycle Of An ISIS Fanatic | ZeroHedge
- The IMF's Comedy Of Quarterly Errors Reveals The Biggest Hockeystick You Have Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
- A Zillow For Trulia Deal Changes Nothing | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Carl Icahn, Josh Brown And More Finance Brains Just Started Blogging On A New Yahoo Tumblr... | Business Insider
- These Maps Will Show You When The Hottest Day Of The Year Hits Your Town | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Investors Should Look For Fund Managers With Skin In The Game | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple’s R&D Spending... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: Here's What The Next Google Smartwatch Will Probably Look Like | Business Insider