Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Calculating The Breakeven Price For The Median Bakken Shale Well | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- Epic Bot Fraud: Up To 50% Of All Publisher Traffic Is From Fake Clicks; Billions In Ad Revenue At Risk | ZeroHedge
- Just One Question About Yesterday's Last Minute "Berserk ETF" Freak Out | ZeroHedge
- The "FBI Has Concluded That The North Korean Government Is Responsible", Will "Impose Costs" | ZeroHedge
- I'm Not Buying It - Not The Wall Street Rip, Nor The Keynesian Rap | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Seven dead as Pakistan hits militant hideouts | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Why Netflix Is Doing a Deal With DISH Network's Charlie Ergen | TheStreet.com
- There's Now A Site That Helps People Find A Place To Stay While They Rent Their Place Out On... | Business Insider
- N.Korea calls for joint probe with US into Sony hack | Business Insider
- Amazon's Biggest Vulnerability Right Now (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Meet The 5 Wildcard Politicians Who Could Throw Europe Into Chaos In 2015 | Business Insider