Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Reserves Tumble By $69 Billion, Biggest Drop Since January | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon May Receive Over $600 Billion Despite Hiding Additional $125 Billion ‘Waste’ | ZeroHedge
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- Milo Yiannopoulos Told Not to Speak of “Pizzagate” During Miami University Lecture | ZeroHedge
- A Pessimists' Guide To 2017: When Everything That Can Go Wrong, Does Go Wrong | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
- Trump Taps Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt As EPA Head | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TIM COOK: The Apple Watch is on track for a record-setting quarter (... | Business Insider
- A tiny version of Hell on Earth exists in Cleveland, Ohio | Business Insider
- Taiwan's president doesn't... | Business Insider
- German public TV accused of being too 'politically... | Business Insider
- The Baltimore Orioles reportedly told Jose Bautista that... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- The 25 worst movies of 2016, according to critics | Business Insider