Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Beware The Balanced Portfolio | ZeroHedge
- 10yr Auction Post Mortem + 30yr Auction Thoughts | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 1: The Reaping | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Offers Free Currency Movement in China, for Now | Financial Sense
- Chinese Property Bubble May Collapse in a Year or Two | Financial Sense
- Rice From Fukushima Was Served To Japanese Government Officials, And Then Something Odd Happened | ZeroHedge
- Your Guide to December’s FOMC Meeting: Breaking Down the Participants | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MasterCard Has More Room to Run in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Your Facebook Status Updates Can Reveal Dark Aspects Of Your Personality | Business Insider
- Jim Harbaugh Now Wears Cleats During Games And It May Actually Help The 49ers | Business Insider
- Ukrainian Riot Police Withdraw After Overnight Move... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning (QQQ, SPY, DIA, FB, JPM) | Business Insider
- The First Ivy League Acceptance Numbers For The Class Of 2018 Are Out | Business Insider
- Every Norwegian Book Ever Will Soon Be Free To Read Online | Business Insider