Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How I Became More Comfortable With Public Speaking | Altucher Confidential
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- 5 Reasons Why You're Living In The Strangest Time In Human History | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- Dijsselbloem Must Go, But That Solves Nothing | ZeroHedge
- Did Artificial Intelligence Deny You Credit? | Financial Sense
- U.S. Prepping Case Linking North Korea To $81MM New York Fed Bank Heist | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the countries that are most and least prepared for a cyberattack | Business Insider
- Under Armour's top designer who makes $200 sweatpants... | Business Insider
- Mike Huckabee is urging Trump not to slash funding for the arts | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs' looks ready to enter the robo advisor race... | Business Insider
- The Women's March gave office supply sales a massive bump in... | Business Insider
- Inside a $20M apartment in one of the new luxury buildings changing NYC's... | Business Insider
- A Harvard professor explains how to train your brain to... | Business Insider