Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Broken Market (Worse Than 2013 Nasdaq Blackout) Just Fails To Send S&P Back Over 2,000 | ZeroHedge
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- Investors Intelligence: Initiation of Strong New Uptrend | Financial Sense
- Goldman Warns Midterm Elections Raise Risk Around Fiscal Deadlines | ZeroHedge
- Whatever You Do, Ignore These Signs | ZeroHedge
- Silver, Copper Slammed As Commodities Crumble Into US Open | ZeroHedge
- THe ReTuRN OF ALaN GReeDSPaM... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dear Business Insider Readers: How Do You Use Your Different Devices? | Business Insider
- You Won't Even Be Able To Handle How Intense This Mouse Is | Business Insider
- Japan Just Boosted QE And The Nikkei Exploded To A 7... | Business Insider
- Crippled by Apple, Instagram's Hyperlapse Forgettable as Standalone App | TheStreet.com
- See Inside A Tiny 86-Square-Foot Paris Apartment With A Bed In The Cupboard | Business Insider
- With Rose blooming, Bulls open NBA season with emphatic... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek