Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- Uranium Is A Frustrating Business | iBankCoin.com
- Avoiding the Crude Summer Trap | iBankCoin.com
- Housing Bubble Pop 2.0: Remodeling Collapses To 1 Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Remember... It's Tuesday | ZeroHedge
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Abandon The UK Before You Can't" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SOCIAL INSIDER: Facebook Ad Performance... | Business Insider
- A Small Creek Connects The Atlantic And Pacific Oceans | Business Insider
- Want To Become A Billionaire? Just Solve One Of These 10 Problems | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- States Are Rolling Out An Online Sales Tax... | Business Insider
- Watch These Caterpillar Machines Play Jenga With Giant, 600-Pound Blocks [THE... | Business Insider
- Apple Reports A Big Miss On iPad Sales (AAPL) | Business Insider