Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Week: Janet Yellen Testifies, China Closed | ZeroHedge
- What's Dragging Down European Banks: Oil And Commodity Exposure As High As 160% Of Tangible Book | ZeroHedge
- Woeful 3 Year Auction: Tailing Yield, Plunging Bid To Cover, Sliding Indirects | ZeroHedge
- Credit Better Be Wrong This Time | ZeroHedge
- Global Markets Stunned By Biggest Japan Crash Since 2013; All Eyes On Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Germany Shuts Down Canadian Bank Tied To Money Laundering | ZeroHedge
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia Mull Syria Ground Invasion As Russia, Hezbollah Decimate Rebels | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- A 'dead' Chinese baby awakes just before cremation | Business Insider
- Israel's prime minister pulled Alan Dershowitz... | Business Insider
- Oil speculators have no idea where the price is going | Business Insider
- Russia is 'trying to draw Turkey into a fight' in Syria, and it may be working | Business Insider
- Japanese stocks are cratering as JGB yields... | Business Insider
- We asked Michael Moore about the gun-violence epidemic, his new movie, and why Donald Trump... | Business Insider