Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- China Sides With Russia On Sanctions; Ambassador Warns "Western Nations Would Be Hurting Themselves" | ZeroHedge
- Barack Obama's List Of "20 Things Kids Need To Know" About Using Money | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Obama And Putin Are Trapped In A Macho Game Of "Chicken" | ZeroHedge
- February Payrolls 175K, Beat Expectations Of 149K, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.7% | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Today's 1.5 Million Payrolls Seasonal Adjustment | ZeroHedge
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Share Of... | Business Insider
- The Crisis In Ukraine Echoes What Happened In Japan Back In WWII | Business Insider
- 11 Tips To Get Something Useful Out Of Job A Fair | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret Is Opening In China — But Not To Sell Lingerie | Business Insider
- President Obama Lost A Hockey Bet To Canada's Prime Minister — Now He Owes Him Two Cases Of... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Scientists Scanned A Woman's Brain During An Out-Of-Body Experience — And... | Business Insider