Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Full Text And Wordcloud Of Obama's "Don't Drone Me, Bro" Speech | ZeroHedge
- USA: Unemployment Down | ZeroHedge
- Fortune Belongs to the Bold | Financial Sense
- Durable Goods Orders Rise More Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- The Biggest Market Sell-Offs in History | ZeroHedge
- Warriors See All the Angles of Attack | iBankCoin.com
- What Could End the Rally in U.S. High-Yield Credit? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pacers Player Drilled A Miracle 29-Foot Shot To Force Overtime Against The Heat | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Created Google+ And Then Redesigned Facebook Has A New Job (FB) | Business Insider
- These 5 Science Breakthroughs Could Make 30-Minute Tornado Warnings... | Business Insider
- Google May Follow Apple on Tax-Dodging Dividend | TheStreet.com
- Trading Radar for 05/24: Foot... | StreetInsider.com
- A Google Engineer Who Loves Annoying Microsoft Says He's Found A New... | Business Insider
- Eva Longoria Graduates With Master's Degree In Chicano Studies... | Business Insider