Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of America Reports Q1 Loss On Massive Legal Charge, Ongoing Operations Disappoint As NIM Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
- WTF Moment Of The Week: No One Bought Japanese Bonds For 36 Hours This Week | ZeroHedge
- It’s Official: America is an Oligarchy and NOT a Democracy or a Republic | ZeroHedge
- Massive "Fat Finger" Seller Appears In Swiss Francs | ZeroHedge
- Obama To Provide More Non-Lethal Aid To Ukraine Such As Helmets And Sleeping Bags | ZeroHedge
- Special Forces Confront Chinese 'Investors' Demanding Failed Trust "Pay Back Our Money" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why People Are Choosing River Cruises Over Traditional Ocean Liners | Business Insider
- These Numbers Show That Box CEO Aaron Levie Is A Genius | Business Insider
- At Least 2 Dead After South Korean Ferry Sinks With 475 People On Board | Business Insider
- NATO COMMANDER: Ukraine 'Activists' Are Clearly A... | Business Insider
- 50 Years Ago, This Was The Advice A 'Charm School Handbook' Gave To Teenage... | Business Insider
- It's Time to Sell Yahoo | TheStreet.com
- TSA Officers Find Knife Hidden Inside An Enchilada | Business Insider