Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap August 1, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Old Workers Hit New Record High As Jobs For Key 25-54 Age Group Slide By 142K | ZeroHedge
- It’s All Good in the Bad News Hood | iBankCoin.com
- Elliott's Paul Singer On Gold, Inflation, And The Global Monetary Delusion | ZeroHedge
- Risk Off As Employment Costs Surge: This Is Where Wages Supposedly Rose The Most | ZeroHedge
- BLS Jobs Report Perfect for Goldilocks | Financial Sense
- US Manufacturing PMI Misses By Most In 11 Months, Employment Plunges, Blames Russia & Gaza | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marshawn Lynch Made Himself $1.5 Million By Refusing To Show Up To Seahawks Training Camp | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Person Writes The Washington Post A Genius Letter Defending Fred Flinstone's... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Tesla Isn't Even Trying to Push The Model X SUV On Interested Customers | Business Insider
- HEADS UP: Here's What To Expect From Today's Jobs Report (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT,... | Business Insider
- The Best Chart To Hit Baseball In Years | Business Insider