Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Back From Never Gone: CURRENCY WARS | ZeroHedge
- Majority Finds Media Coverage Of Trump Is "Too Critical, Exaggerated": WSJ/NBC Poll | ZeroHedge
- "They Want You Purged" - NRA Head Rages Against Violent Left "Terrorists" | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- America's Fentanyl Crisis "Is Surging, With No End In Sight" | ZeroHedge
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Republican lawmakers faced down angry voters during a week of raucous town... | Business Insider
- Trump echoes Steve Bannon in raucous nationalist speech to the biggest conservative... | Business Insider
- BUFFETT: Stock buybacks are not 'un-American,... | Business Insider
- The real reason why everyone thinks millennials are the worst... | Business Insider
- 'There is a word for that line of thinking: "un-American"' — Jake Tapper slams... | Business Insider
- GUNMAKER CEO: People are buying guns because cops are backing off and crime is... | Business Insider
- A professional speaker shares 5 simple... | Business Insider