Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Market Gives Its Verdict On Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech With Stellar 2 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Violent Crime Spreading To The "Safe" North Side Neighborhoods | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When Central Banks Become Major Buyers in the Stock Market? Case Study: Japan | Financial Sense
- Who's Going To Pick Up The UK Tab? | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Soar Most Since 2007 Driven By Southern Sales Surge | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Responds To Health Allegations; Opens A Jar Of Pickles: "I Feel Like This Is An Alternate Universe" | ZeroHedge
- As Congress Prepares To Crackdown On Epipen Price Increases, A Problem Has Emerged | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I'm worth $1.5 million, and I'd... | Business Insider
- 5 simple habits that will make you a more positive person | Business Insider
- Data on India's new submarines were hacked, and it... | Business Insider
- Report: In less than a year, Russia has killed more civilians than ISIS... | Business Insider
- The CEO behind the EpiPen price hikes has a familial tie to... | Business Insider
- Keep your phone from being the dirtiest thing you touch all day... | Business Insider
- The Army reservist who ambushed... | Business Insider