Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Tumbles As "Hope" Drops To Lowest Since 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Only Thing That Was Preventing A Rate Hike, Just Flashed A Rate Hike "Green Light" | ZeroHedge
- Cocaine Production Plummets After DEA Kicked Out Of Bolivia | ZeroHedge
- A Bottom, But Not THE Bottom | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Suffers 'Death Cross' For First Time In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- It's Not A Devaluation If The Ministry Of Truth Says So: China's "Style Council" Takes On Currency Trading | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bitcoin is at a 'fork in the road' — Here's what went down last time that happened... | Business Insider
- Officer killed, 1 stabbed to death during domestic dispute... | Business Insider
- On Lesbos island, tourist comforts clash with migrant... | Business Insider
- A New Orleans photographer spent 10 years shooting haunting... | Business Insider
- Lebanon interior minister calls for restraint in protests... | Business Insider
- Nervous Fetty Wap greeted with cheers at hometown concert... | Business Insider
- Brooke Burke-Charvet to co-host Miss America pageant | Business Insider