Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISM Manufacturing Tumbles To 13-Month Lows, Employment Slumps, Construction Spending Plunges | ZeroHedge
- I AM GOING TO DIAGNOSE YOU NOW | iBankCoin.com
- I AM EVACUATING MOSCOW | iBankCoin.com
- Yellen’s Patience Is Market’s Gain | Financial Sense
- US Macro Weakest Since July 2011 As Goldman Affirms Global Economy In Contraction | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Is A Coward | ZeroHedge
- NYC Residents Pay $2-3,000 A Month For “Micro-Apartments” As Luxury Car Sales Outpace Regular Car Sales | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how rich you'd be if you had bet $1,000 on Warren... | Business Insider
- A Russian oligarch wants to sue Britain because he is... | Business Insider
- South Africa make 411-4 against Ireland | Business Insider
- Argentina's president just gave her most delusional... | Business Insider
- Estonia's coalition takes early lead in election count | Business Insider
- The F-35B can't carry its most advanced weapon until 2022 | Business Insider
- Nemtsov murder witness heads to Kiev... | Business Insider