Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Movement to Declassify 9/11 Information Gathers Momentum ... 9/11 Commission Chairs and Congressmen Call for Declassification | ZeroHedge
- Is There Capitalism After Cronyism? | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- Corporations Join Droves Renouncing US Citizenship | ZeroHedge
- UK's Cameron Goes Full Scaremonger: "We Will Be Fighting ISIS For Decades" | ZeroHedge
- In the Count Room for This Sector | iBankCoin.com
- Who Is Short Treasurys? (Spoiler: Pretty Much Everyone) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 Of The Most Ridiculously Expensive Gadgets Money Can Buy | Business Insider
- Malaysia Airlines to trim staff, routes in reform plan | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: An Insurance Tycoon Is Unloading His Plaza Hotel... | Business Insider
- Leave that iguana in the jungle, expert tells Costa Rica | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Differences Between iPhone And Android... | Business Insider
- Scottish People Are Selling Their Independence Votes On eBay (EBAY) | Business Insider
- Nintendo Announces Redesigned 3DS Consoles | Business Insider