Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With Jim Chanos Short, Is SolarCity The Next SunEdison? The Full Bear Case | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Forget, I'm The King Of Debt, I Love Debt" - Trump Chimes In On Puerto Rico | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Images Of Ramadi Show The Devastating Impact Of War | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Seeks Funds To "Save The World From Donald Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Saxo Warns Further Upside For Crude Hard To Achieve After Market "Change Of Focus" | ZeroHedge
- Churn, Baby, Churn - The China Commodity Bubble Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Air Freight Volumes Across Largest Global Market Tumble 15% In First Quarter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 things Google does better than any other tech company (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Amazon has slashed the price of its super cheap Fire tablet today | Business Insider
- This map shows how many more military aircraft the US has than every other... | Business Insider
- 10 practical daily habits that will radically improve... | Business Insider
- Apple and German software giant SAP just signed a key partnership (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here’s how China managed to lose $500 billion in reserves in one year | Business Insider
- Wendy's has a new outrageously spicy chicken sandwich, and it was one of... | Business Insider