New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Has Completely Lost It | ZeroHedge
- Meet Skopos Financial, The New King Of Deep Subprime | ZeroHedge
- Activity Versus Inactivity | Financial Sense
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
- Gold: Year 2007 Again | Financial Sense
- How The Fed "Engineered A Massive Squeeze In The Markets"? With The Help Of 683x Leverage | ZeroHedge
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Entire History Of The World In One Chart | Business Insider
- This portable external charger is a must-have for anyone who travels for work [... | Business Insider
- Stars from HBO's 'The Wire' plead for an end to... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Greece debt talks to resume after Tsipras, Merkel call | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The cofounder and CFO of Box once made an awkward appearance on a reality TV... | Business Insider