New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Are Battling Satan" - Venezuela's Desperate Opposition Tries To Sue Maduro For Creating A Dictatorship | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says He'd Love To Fight "Mr. Tough Guy" After Joe Biden's "Behind The Gym" Threats | ZeroHedge
- Germany's Migrant Rape Crisis: Where Is The Public Outrage? | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- The Smoking Gun: Cheryl Mills Tells Podesta "We Need To Clean This Up - Obama Has Emails From Her" | ZeroHedge
- The Unstoppable Spread of Armed Drones | Financial Sense
- Services PMI Spikes To 11-Month Highs But Employers Remain "Cautious On Hiring" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ford third-quarter earnings beat expectations (F) | Business Insider
- 10 ways humans have gotten high for centuries | Business Insider
- 15 best-selling online classes you can enroll in for just $10 right now... | Business Insider
- The company that's supposed to protect America's... | Business Insider
- CNN reporter grills Donald Trump on amount of personal money he's willing... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton has pro-medical marijuana voters locked... | Business Insider
- One of the world's biggest archaeological mysteries is melting... | Business Insider