New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Americans Give Us Nothing": France Effectively Kills TTIP, Calls For End To Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- Navigating The Fracturing Global Macro Landscape With Worth Wray | ZeroHedge
- When 'Whatever It Takes' Fails: 37% Of Italians Give Up Job Hunt As Welfare State Grows | ZeroHedge
- Why The Fed Will Never Reduce Its $4.5 Trillion Balance Sheet Again | ZeroHedge
- The Apotheosis Of Bubble Finance - Folly Of The FANGs, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Government Now The Largest Shareholder Of 474 Big Companies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, czr, hlf) | Business Insider
- Here's which US cities have the most Olympic gold medals | Business Insider
- A small studio made an awesome retro-style game based on '... | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- One of the most memorable moments in ‘Willy Wonka’ was all Gene Wilder’s idea | Business Insider
- An abandoned 130-year-old skyscraper is now Manhattan’s newest luxury hotel | Business Insider
- This soundbar is one of the best buys for your home theater, and today it’s on sale | Business Insider