New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action | Financial Sense
- Stocks Move Higher on Strong Earnings, Low Inflation Readings | Financial Sense
- Two Weeks After Upgrading Stocks, Goldman Downgrades Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- How and Why the Chinese Are Buying Property Outside of China | Financial Sense
- "London Fix" Gold Rigging By Bullion Bank Exposed In Class Action Lawsuit: The Complete Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Obamacare Architect Said Something In 2012 That Could Unravel... | Business Insider
- Jennifer Lawrence Prepares For Battle In The First 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay... | Business Insider
- Here's How US Marines Evacuate An Embassy In A Hostile Country | Business Insider
- A Surprising Number Of Harvard Grads Admit They Have Cheated | Business Insider
- ART CASHIN: Three Things Worry Me Right Now | Business Insider
- MH17 Black Box Data Shows Evidence Of Missile Strike | Business Insider
- 21 Stunning Photos Taken By A 15-Year-Old Instagram Photographer | Business Insider