New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Biotech Setting Up For a Sharp Upside Bounce | iBankCoin.com
- Chicago PMI Fails To Bounce Back, Hovers Near 6-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Yemen On Verge Of "Total Collapse" As Civilian Casualties, Ground Invasion Calls Mount | ZeroHedge
- Why The Mania Is Getting Scary - Central Bankers Are Running A Doomsday Machine | ZeroHedge
- Central Banking Refuted In One Blog - Thanks Ben! | ZeroHedge
- $100 Trillion Global Bond Bubble Poses “Systemic Risk” To Financial System | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Secular Bull and Bear Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ASOS shares jump as revenue rises by 14% | Business Insider
- Europe's deflation eased a little in March | Business Insider
- Vin Diesel hints ‘Fast and Furious 8’ may take place in NYC | Business Insider
- No one understands you — Here's what you can do about it | Business Insider
- The chilling story of how Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard... | Business Insider
- Agreement in principle on outlines of Iran deal:... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com