New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- The Crowded "Long-Dollar" Train Just Got Even More Crowded | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When 30,000 People Run The Beijing "Airpocalypse" Marathon In "Hazardous" Smog | ZeroHedge
- MeaT THe FaRCeSToNeS... | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Audi's High-... | Business Insider
- Williams beats Ivanovic, eases knee concerns | Business Insider
- The Nikkei Is Booming Again After Last Week's Brutal Sell-Off | Business Insider
- Franco-German mini-summit to tackle growth, budget | Business Insider
- Clasico not decisive, says Barca boss Enrique | Business Insider
- CEO of oil giant Total killed in Moscow plane crash | Business Insider
- SAT Tutor Who Charges $1,000 An Hour: Here Are 6 Tips To Master The SAT | Business Insider