New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Demand Surge and Shortages of Bullion as Stocks Fall Sharply | ZeroHedge
- Media Blackout: Canada Plans To Dump Nuclear Waste Less Than Mile From US Border | ZeroHedge
- When the Story Breaks | Financial Sense
- Yuan Devaluation Kills Two Birds With One Stone | Financial Sense
- Crash? What Crash? Dow Goes Green On Week | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
- Dollar Spikes, Risk Slides After Fed's Fischer Seen As "Not Dovish Enough" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Deliberations begin in New Hampshire prep school rape... | Business Insider
- Polish official 'convinced' that mystery Nazi... | Business Insider
- A Pirate Bay founder was rearrested just hours after his release from... | Business Insider
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job | Business Insider
- Survey: General LOL most irked by grammar, spelling slips | Business Insider
- Fed's Fischer: 'haven't made decision yet' on... | Business Insider