New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Goldman Just Call The Top Of The "Strong Dollar" Trade | ZeroHedge
- Russia’s Plans for Arctic Supremacy | Financial Sense
- "This Won't Remain Confined In Greece" | ZeroHedge
- With Syriza Leading By 7 Points, Greek Incumbents Fear-Monger Looming "Toilet-Paper-Run" | ZeroHedge
- What Crispin Odey, And His $12.4 Billion In AUM, Thinks Are The 6 Risks Underpriced By The Market | ZeroHedge
- Today Athens, Tomorrow Madrid | ZeroHedge
- GReeCe 2015... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What The Questions Look Like On The 'World's... | Business Insider
- Baseball Legend Ernie Banks Dies At 83 | Business Insider
- The World's Most Accurate Apple Analyst Is Predicting Mind-Melting iPhone Sales (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Why Everyone Is So Excited About Ultra-HD TV | Business Insider
- Animated film brings van Gogh's art to life | Business Insider
- Chelsea boss Mourinho plays down quadruple talk | Business Insider
- Auschwitz: enduring testament to Nazi horrors | Business Insider