New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Giulio Meotti: Islam, Not Christianity, Is Saturating Europe | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Three Major Bellwethers are on Red Alert | ZeroHedge
- And The Market Breaks... | ZeroHedge
- Meet SAM, Brick Laying Robot That Does The Work Of 6 Humans | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time Americans Felt This Good About Stocks, The Dot Com Bubble Burst 2 Months Later | ZeroHedge
- The Countries Where "Made In America" Really Matters | ZeroHedge
- Shell's New Permian Play Profitable At $20 A Barrel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HSBC shares trial results on new app | Business Insider
- UK consumers want biometrics in banking | Business Insider
- FAST FOOD CEO: Machines could 'run the world' by the mid- to... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Fallon mocks Trump's healthcare fail with potential new book... | Business Insider
- Trump's plans for coal could hurt natural gas | Business Insider
- These brands you've never heard of are propelling... | Business Insider
- This little-known Amazon service turns stuff you want to get rid of into store credit... | Business Insider