New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On Target Into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- Bill Gross Has A Message For Paranoid Investors | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Remembers To Be Scared Again | iBankCoin.com
- Grabbing a Few Small Treats Before the Fed | iBankCoin.com
- In Their Own Universe | iBankCoin.com
- On Bernanke's Legacy | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Demise and the Rise of Bitcoin | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What It Was Like At Last Night's 'Wolf of Wall Street' Premiere | Business Insider
- Obama To Nominate Sen. Max Baucus As Ambassador To China | Business Insider
- In One Sentence, Here's Why The Market Is Surging On Today's 'Taper... | Business Insider
- The Number Of Smart TV Devices On Earth Will Reach 400 Million In 2014, But They... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Will Try To Solve One Of The Biggest Mysteries In Video Game History | Business Insider
- Oracle Wins a Quarter | TheStreet.com
- These 10 Billionaires Made The Most Money In 2013 | Business Insider