New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It Begins: ECB Hikes Greek ELA Haircuts; Full "Depositor Bail-In" Sensitivity Analysis | ZeroHedge
- Greece Deal, ADP Cheer Markets | Financial Sense
- Obamacare Sticker Shock Arrives: Insurance Premiums To Soar 20-40% | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Blackswansville | ZeroHedge
- China Chicanery Causes Chaos | Financial Sense
- A Suckers Market | iBankCoin.com
- Markets Become Scary: Crash Point Or Turning Point? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 54% of American adults living with friends or relatives plan... | Business Insider
- The coolest science guys on YouTube predict the next big discoveries —... | Business Insider
- After Greece's historic 'No' vote markets are... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis to focus on poor in South America trip | Business Insider
- StreetInsider Top 50 Takeover Targets... | StreetInsider.com
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned | Business Insider
- One of the world's biggest banks just admitted bitcoin... | Business Insider