New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Thing You Really Do Need | Altucher Confidential
- Oil Slides as Iran Turns Down Saudi Offer | Financial Sense
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Oil Pops After Crude Inventories Unexpectedly Drop | ZeroHedge
- The Banquet Of Consequences Is Being Served (By The Central Banking Cartel) | ZeroHedge
- Jihadists Target Spain | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the US's nuclear weapons compare to Russia's | Business Insider
- OBAMA: A vote for Gary Johnson or a vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Donald Trump | Business Insider
- These portable antennas let you send texts with friends, even when you don't have... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- 9-year-old gives heartbreaking speech in Charlotte:... | Business Insider