New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Wall Street Expects From Today's Payrolls Report And How To Trade It | ZeroHedge
- Current Rally Beginning to Show Signs of Exhaustion | Financial Sense
- 3 "Reality-Check" Charts For America As Initial Jobless Claims Spike Most In 16 Months | ZeroHedge
- EXTReMeLY DaNGeRouS I.U.D. | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 4, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- FBI Interviews Clinton's Top Personal Aide As Email Investigation Heats Up | ZeroHedge
- Speaker Ryan Ditches Donald: "Just Not Ready To Support Trump" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Aides to Ron Paul's 2012 presidential bid found guilty of campaign-... | Business Insider
- This bar in Tokyo has 'robot cabaret' | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed is drawing an absurd amount of content views... | Business Insider
- Square shares are crashing after reporting lower than expected earnings (SQ) | Business Insider
- Yahoo just lost a deal that brought in $100 million a year in... | Business Insider
- A bunch of new startups are trying to make it cheaper and... | Business Insider
- The New Front In... | Business Insider