New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Picturing The Amazon.com Of Illegal Drugs | ZeroHedge
- LET US REJOICE | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Price “Will Probably Test $1400” as Crimea Moves to Quit Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Russian Troops Storm Ukraine Air Force Base In Crimea, Reuters Confirms | ZeroHedge
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
- Phil Davis on the Money Talk Show | ZeroHedge
- No, Deflation Is Not A "Danger" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tiger Woods Is A Complete Mess Right Now | Business Insider
- The Hottest New Job Title In Silicon Valley: 'Spy' | Business Insider
- Restaurant Workers Will Hate You If You Order These Items | Business Insider
- The Best Smartwatch On The Planet Just Got Better For Android Users | Business Insider
- 2 Passengers Listed On Malaysia Plane Not On Board,... | Business Insider
- Coolest 2014 Cars Under $25,000 | TheStreet.com
- China Reports Unexpected ~$23 Billion Trade Deficit In February | Business Insider