New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clarke and Dawe on Quantitative Easing | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Expected to Clarify Course | Financial Sense
- The Inconvenient Truths Of Dictators | ZeroHedge
- Just What Sort of Stupid Market is This? | iBankCoin.com
- Actionable Trading Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/20/14 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Economist Explains Why The US Economy Will Force Yellen To Hike Rates In March... | Business Insider
- Somehow, The Jameis Winston Suspension Just Got Stranger | Business Insider
- More Than 130,000 Syrian Kurds Have Fled to Turkey | Business Insider
- How to Position for a Turnaround at Oil Servicer McDermott | TheStreet.com
- 'Interminable' Air France strike enters second week | Business Insider
- Ronaldo leads eight-goal rout of Deportivo, Atletico held... | Business Insider
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves Higher | TheStreet.com