New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lowest Interest Rates Ever | Financial Sense
- Venezuela's Maduro Claims US Pilot Arrested For Espionage, Bans Bush, Cheney From Entering Nation | ZeroHedge
- The Trojan Horse Battle for the Euro | Financial Sense
- STiNKiN BuLLeTS... | ZeroHedge
- 2015 March Madness Tournament | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Spokesman Says Nemtsov Murder Was "100% Provocation" | ZeroHedge
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We played around with the new HTC One M9 — and here's how it stacks up | Business Insider
- How to invest like Warren Buffett | Business Insider
- Kanye West reveals the name of his next album | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- This quote from former chess champion Garry Kasparov... | Business Insider
- There are tantalizing signs of liberal reforms in North... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett fired a huge shot at the private equity business (BRKA... | Business Insider