New 52-week low for Facebook
Facebook (FB) is down 10% after-hours and only a few pennies above $24. Come Friday it will be a brand new 52-week low for Facebook shares. Get ready to hear about fb all day and read 10,000 stories about it.
Facebook trading almost 30% down from its $38 price back when the IPO could do no wrong. Bottom line is Facebook's profit wasn't good enough for the Street and the company increased its spending.
Facebook's Q2 revenue did increase and came in at $1.18 billion. That wasn't quite good enough for the Street which was expecting revenue of $1.16 billion. The company reported a net loss of $157 million, or 8 cents per share. The big expense was marketing and sales which hit $392 million.
Expect Facebook shares to open tomorrow in the low to mid $24 range. If the stock keeps dropping its going to attract buying interest.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global PMI Summary: 60% Of Nations Weakening | ZeroHedge
- Potential Runners | iBankCoin.com
- US Stocks Slide, Ruble Plunges As Russia Prepares Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- Going Gray | Financial Sense
- Ray Dalio: "There Is Always A Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- THE DESTRUCTION OF THE COMMODITY MARKET IS AT HAND | iBankCoin.com
- THE EBOLA RALLY IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Genius Designer Marc Newson Is Only Working At Apple Part Time (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Ai Weiwei meditates on freedom in Alcatraz show | Business Insider
- A Walk-Off Single Sent The Kansas City Royals To The Playoffs After 12 Innings | Business Insider
- German Debt Yield Goes Below 1% — An Astonishing New Record | Business Insider