Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 44,107,000 Reasons Why NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Has "Not Considered Resigning" | ZeroHedge
- Was Scottish Vote Rigging Caught On Tape? | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth Hits Record $81.5 Trillion In Q2 Driven By Stock Market Surge | ZeroHedge
- Yahoo Is Not Having A Good Day | ZeroHedge
- The Next Crisis - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Added To ETP – 35% Cash | iBankCoin.com
- Can Gold Finally Recover? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scotland rejects independence in historic referendum | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Derek Jeter Hit His First Home Run At Yankee Stadium Of The Season Thursday Night... | Business Insider
- DOW, S&P 500 HIT NEW ALL-TIME HIGHS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT... | Business Insider
- Here's How To Avoid Decision Paralysis | Business Insider
- Alibaba Is Already The Fourth Most Valuable... | Business Insider
- 49 Turks kidnapped by IS militants freed: PM | Business Insider