Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Jingle Mail" Makes Comeback In Canada As Underwater Borrowers Mail Keys Back To Banks | ZeroHedge
- Platinum and Palladium Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Spikes Most In 5 Years (Just Like Lehman Did) | ZeroHedge
- Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one. | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 10 | ZeroHedge
- European Sovereign Risk Soars As Bank Contagion Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Nine Dead, Hundreds Injured As German Trains Collide Head On | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Central banks have lost all control of the markets | Business Insider
- This company wants to use genetics to explain why couples... | Business Insider
- Why now is the best time in human history to be an entrepreneur | Business Insider
- Cam Newton responded to criticism of his contentious Super... | Business Insider
- A professor studied 51 of the world's biggest business failures — here's why even great... | Business Insider
- 27 beautiful photographs of cinema’s most iconic blades | Business Insider
- Why you didn't get a raise this year — and what to do... | Business Insider