Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lehman Moment For Austrian "Bad Bank" Means Worse Coming | ZeroHedge
- The Next Empire | ZeroHedge
- US Will Never Gain Oil Market Crown, IEA Chief Says | ZeroHedge
- More Flash Crashes To Come As Shadow Banking Liquidity Collapses | ZeroHedge
- Gold Demand in Greece, Italy, Spain, Russia, Germany, UK and U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Lowest Interest Rates Ever | Financial Sense
- China’s Rate Cut Insufficient: Investors Expect More PBoC Stimulus and Yuan Devaluation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Skydive jumpmaster saves man who has seizure 9,000 feet in the air | Business Insider
- Iraq predicts oil will rise to $64-65 per barrel | Business Insider
- Edward Norton just released a special edition run of the coat he wore in... | Business Insider
- Video shows Los Angeles police shooting homeless man | Business Insider
- Google is breaking up its struggling social network Google+ (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is going to cost way more than you think | Business Insider
- Peter Diamandis: The first trillionaire is going to be made in space | Business Insider