Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Equation That Explains It All | ZeroHedge
- CNN Boss Admits "Democrats Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Not Remotely Data Dependent | ZeroHedge
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
- Dollar Comes Back Bid, but Still Vulnerable to Corrective Pressures | Financial Sense
- China Admits "Economic Downturn Just Beginning", Slashes Salary Guidelines | ZeroHedge
- Power To The People: John Lennon's Legacy Lives On | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia is having a bad couple of weeks in Syria | Business Insider
- The charging cable I've been using every day for a year is on sale right now | Business Insider
- Samsung's next big bet on cars is a tiny display you... | Business Insider
- A 'human swan' flew 4,500 miles using a... | Business Insider
- ‘Westworld' actor on filming season one and the plot twist that shocked... | Business Insider
- How a strange cooking show with Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart... | Business Insider
- WPP is spending $70 million on Snapchat ads | Business Insider