Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple Market Cap Tops $700 Billion, Netflix Goes Red In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Vendetta Continues: Ackman's Latest Herbalife Deathwish And Other Observations - The Full Q3 Letter | ZeroHedge
- A Tidal Wave of Gold Repatriations Could be Unleashed | ZeroHedge
- Nothing Has Changed - And That's The Problem | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Revised Above Highest Estimate, Prints 3.9% | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Federal Reserve Is At The Heart Of The Debt Enslavement System That Dominates Our Lives | ZeroHedge
- nOPEC | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virtual Reality Is Going To Be So Unbelievably Big — And Not Just For... | Business Insider
- How One Of The Richest Teams In College Football Spends Its Money | Business Insider
- So Much For The Tablet Market — The iPad Has Hit The Wall (... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 9 Tips To Drive Down The Price Of Just About Anything | Business Insider
- The 10 Things You Need To Know In Advertising Today | Business Insider
- 9 Books That Will Help You Find Work You Love | Business Insider