Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Costs": North Korean's Internet Is Under Attack | ZeroHedge
- Competition Finally Upsets the Biggest Monopoly of All: OPEC | Financial Sense
- S&P 500 Surges To Record High As Black & Yellow Gold Battered | ZeroHedge
- This Is For You Steve Liesman... Welcome To Economics | ZeroHedge
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Slams Reporters For "Enabling" Racial Hatred | ZeroHedge
- The Global Monetary Reset Is Under Way | ZeroHedge
- Forget Lost Decade, Japan Has Been 'Losing' Since WWII | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Narendra Modi's Mentor Thought Gandhi Was A Sissy | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Here's When All Your Favorite Shows Are Returning To TV | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Never Let Your Kids Play With Your Smartphone | Business Insider
- Privacy Flaw In Twitter Lets Other People... | Business Insider
- Telecom Stocks: What to Dial Into for 2015 and Beyond -- and Where to Hang Up | TheStreet.com
- Villarreal climb after seventh straight win | Business Insider