Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China 'Shadow Banks' Crushed As Liquidity Costs Hit Record High | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey Has "Never Seen Anything Like This" | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Retail Nightmare Just Won't End: Sears Crashes On "Going Concern" Warning, Payless To File Bankruptcy In Days | ZeroHedge
- Banks Stocks could underperform for years (Update) | ZeroHedge
- THe CaSTaWaY... | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Existing home sales ease in February from a 10-year high | Business Insider
- Tesla's business just got much more complicated (TSLA) | Business Insider
- The Secret Service requested $60 million of additional funding to protect the Trump family | Business Insider
- The Women's March gave office supply sales a massive bump in... | Business Insider
- Under Armour's top designer who makes $200 sweatpants... | Business Insider
- The GOP health care bill's defunding of Planned Parenthood is wildly unpopular | Business Insider
- Cadillac tests consumers' openness to vehicles-as-a-... | Business Insider