Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market Reacts To The Fed's Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Summing Up Fed Policy In 2 Words: Vroom... Crash | ZeroHedge
- "Worst. Recovery. Ever." Except For Bankers | ZeroHedge
- Dropping Oil Prices Threaten Moscow’s Budget | Financial Sense
- Setting Up for a Fed Minutes’ Spike | iBankCoin.com
- Missouri Governor Withdraws National Guard From Ferguson, Holder Warns Of "Deeper Mistrust" | ZeroHedge
- AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Photo Of Kevin Durant Next To A Professional Baseball Player Shows You How Tall NBA Players... | Business Insider
- The Cities Where The Most Billionaires Were Born | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: The 2,000-Acre Mellon Estate In Virginia Is On The... | Business Insider
- A Leading Hamas Commander Just Said The Group Was Behind June's West... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 6 Tactics For Powering Through A Workday On No Sleep | Business Insider
- The 10 Biggest Tech Billionaire Yachts On The High Seas | Business Insider