Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The Dollar: More of the Same | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Lawyer And Former SEC Enforcement Attorney Found Dead In Apparent Suicide | ZeroHedge
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- New York Department Of Health Issues Statement On Suspected Ebola Case | ZeroHedge
- This Is Where The IMF's Christine Lagarde Is Working On Her Tan Right Now | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lockheed and Pentagon Reach $4 Billion Deal on F-35 Fighter Jets | TheStreet.com
- Sam Biddle Is Leaving Valleywag | Business Insider
- Most People Shouldn't Be Giving To Charity | Business Insider
- Mexico's Drug War Is Entering A Dark Phase | Business Insider
- Canada faces jihadist threat after home-grown attacks | Business Insider
- 30 Stocks Traders Are Shorting Like Crazy (SODA, SUNE, SPWR, TSLA, WUBA, JD, CVC, MNK, VEEV... | Business Insider
- Madeleine Albright Had The Perfect Response To Conan's Dirty Joke About Her | Business Insider