Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tesla Jumps After Smaller Than Expected Loss; Warns Cash Burn Is About To Hit Ludicrous Speed | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: "Our Economic System Is Designed To Fail" | ZeroHedge
- Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right - Is Fiorina The Fall Gal? | ZeroHedge
- License To Steal: Italy’s Highest Court Rules “Theft Not A Crime If Hungry” | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
- EIA Petroleum Weekly Report Analysis 5-4-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch the entire evolution of the universe in under 3 minutes | Business Insider
- Tuesday's auto sales report is a crucial test for the US economy | Business Insider
- A 17-year-old beat out 10,000 other people to win a Google contest — 5 years later... | Business Insider
- A new Obama plan could result in the death of thousands... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC, IWIM... | Business Insider
- Customer service experiences are more... | Business Insider
- How to have a conversation with almost anyone | Business Insider