Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Understanding Why It Feels Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- Name That Chart | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure | Financial Sense
- Dollar Bears Tread Carefully, Better Tone Coming | ZeroHedge
- One Emerging Market To Buy | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A College Student Has Figured Out How To Grow Food Using Your Old... | Business Insider
- Care.com's CEO Sheila Marcelo: Entrepreneurs Need To Be 'Disagreeable... | Business Insider
- Stage Collapses In The Middle Of High School Performance, Sending Students Plunging | Business Insider
- Obama Advisor: US Won't Recognize Crimea Annexation | Business Insider
- A Chart You Should See: Fannie and Freddie | TheStreet.com
- 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell in March | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer Says Beware of Strong Unemployment Number | TheStreet.com