Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver Market Set To Break Out Above 20 Dollars (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Commerzbank To Cut Over 100 Bankers In NYC | ZeroHedge
- Italy Granted "Extraordinary " €150BN Bank Bailout Program To Prevent "Panic, Run On Deposits" | ZeroHedge
- Soros: Brexit Has "Unleashed" A Financial Crisis Similar to 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Oil Bulls Beware: Crude Demand Is About To Slide As China's SPR Is "Close To Capacity" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 1 | ZeroHedge
- Bad Earnings, Balance Sheet Rot, & The "Brelief" Rally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Benghazi report reveals the surprising allegiance of the group that helped rescue Americans... | Business Insider
- This rising star at IBM just signed a deal with Cisco to take on Slack, Microsoft,... | Business Insider
- Scientists are baffled by this giant crack on Pluto’s moon that’s 5 times bigger... | Business Insider
- 16 things you probably didn't know about New York City | Business Insider
- Cinemark wants Colorado theater shooting... | Business Insider
- Trump finally weighed in on the Supreme Court's abortion ruling | Business Insider
- Forget Shake Shack — this is the burger chain everyone is talking about | Business Insider