Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Plunges Below "Crucial Level", Lowest Since Oct 2009 On $2 Billion Notional Flush | ZeroHedge
- Why The Obamacare Exchanges Are Failing | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 And Counting, Texas Likely To See Massive Layoffs Soon | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Meteoronomists Have A Dire Forecast: "Winter Is Coming" | ZeroHedge
- Chief Of Russian Air Force Accuses Turkey Of Coordinated Ambush On Downed Jet | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 and Counting, Texas Likely to See Massive Layoffs Soon | Financial Sense
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Outspoken Miss World Canada denied entry to China | Business Insider
- UK fines Barclays for lax oversight on financial crime | Business Insider
- Corbyn... | Business Insider
- Murray scores 21, No. 1 Kentucky rolls past USF 84-63 | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (FB, AAPL,... | Business Insider
- Cameron: UK must attack IS in Syria to deny group safe... | Business Insider
- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93 | Business Insider