Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Millennials Love Free Markets, But Don't Understand Them | ZeroHedge
- The Real Threat... Violence From The Left | ZeroHedge
- "Will Yellen Shock Today?" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Lifts After Rising Oil Rig Count Trend Ends | ZeroHedge
- "Bad Cop" Fischer Spoils "Good Cop" Yellen's Party: Stocks Plunge, VIX Spikes | ZeroHedge
- How Canada Is Handling the Flood of Chinese Money | Financial Sense
- Best Reaction Yet: "Yellen Speech A Whole Lot Of Nothing" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- Listen to the profanity-laced voicemail... | Business Insider
- Turkey's main opposition leader was attacked by... | Business Insider
- This CEO says he was shut out by tons of investors in... | Business Insider
- 12 signs you're about to be promoted at work, even if it doesn't feel like it... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel fires back at accusations that he fixed a pickle jar for Hillary... | Business Insider
- The story behind the 'burkini,' the swimwear for Muslim women that cities in France tried... | Business Insider