Facebook: The Great Selloff
Over the next four months almost 70% of Facebook (FB) shares could hit the market in a huge selling force. The flood gates open for the first round on Thursday August 16th. What could it do to the current value of FB shares?
Leave it to Henry Blodget to figure out who may be selling and how much they are holding. Blodget also speculates what those rich people might do, let it ride or sell like no tomorrow. Including Goldman Sachs (GS) sitting on 41.6 million shares of FB. Facebook closed down 5.6% today to $20.38, that's 2.7% from its 12 month low.
Here's the 411 -- (Business Insider | Henry Blodget) There has been a lot of noise about the massive number of Facebook shares that are going to be released from lock-ups in the next four months.
No one knows exactly how many of these shares will be sold.
But given the humongous number of them--2+ billion shares, or about 70% of Facebook's shares outstanding--it's a bit like standing at the base of Hoover Dam wondering if the floodgates are about to be opened.
The potential deluge will begin Thursday morning, when 268 million shares (10% of the shares outstanding) will be released. Continue at BusinessInsider.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Rise Of The Generals | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Trade War, Round 2: Boeing Accuses Bombardier Of Dumping Jets; Canada Retaliates | ZeroHedge
- WikiLeaks Reveals The "Snowden Stopper": CIA Tool To Track Whistleblowers | ZeroHedge
- Female Circumcision is Not the Only Genital Mutilation That Needs to be Stopped | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Spikes To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Companies Bracing for Disappointment, Zatlin Says | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Widespread hype about the war on cancer is giving false hope to patients | Business Insider
- Trek Bicycle president slams Trump on corporate taxes, failed... | Business Insider
- Data breaches cost US businesses an average of $7M — here’s the breakdown | Business Insider
- Nike, Under Armour, and Adidas are reportedly spurning... | Business Insider
- Read Larry Page's new letter about the current status of... | Business Insider
- New close-up photos of Saturn give a taste of what a doomed NASA probe may soon... | Business Insider
- The Apple Pencil is one of my favorite iPad accessories, even though I can’t draw | Business Insider