Facebook: It was right to Buy
An impressive gain for Facebook (FB) shares this week and we told you consider the stock on Monday. From $18 range to close Friday at $22, the 'Like' button has been pressed.
This week was the perfect storm for a FB rebound and as we stated earlier this week:
The Hater-Aid is not as strong on Facebook these past few trading days. There are bigger issues out there right now. Perhaps the dust has settled on Facebook the publicly traded company.
Facebook.com almost has 1 billion users. Imagine if you could milk just one dollar from a quarter of its users every few months. It starts to make the stock look interesting.
Its difficult to keep every stock on your radar. Its why dumb websites like the Masters is here to watch the market for you and remind you of fallen prey like Facebook. We noted that Howard Lindzon took a reluctant chance on FB shares this week.
He was right to do so. To invest successfully involves keeping your ear on the Street and Howard is a credible Wall Streeter who is worth listening to. Zuckerberg's performance at TechCrunch.com's conference was just what traders needed to hear. Add to it the incredible move in equities this week and it was off to the races. As we stated, the hate had settled on FB and it was time to consider the company with almost 1 billion users. Congrats to those who bought on the dip and enjoyed almost a 20% gain in one week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- HFT Accounts For 76% Of All Orders In Europe | ZeroHedge
- United States Of Newspeak – Obama Spins Executive Orders As "Presidential Memoranda" To Avoid Scrutiny | ZeroHedge
- The Biggest Economic Story Going Into 2015 Is Not Oil | ZeroHedge
- More To Ruble's Collapse Than Meets The Eye? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- Gun Violence In America (In 6 Uncomfortable Charts) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This 'One In 10 Million' American Talent... | Business Insider
- Japan's Idemitsu oil eyes $4 bn buyout | Business Insider
- Russia's Central Bank Is Risking A... | Business Insider
- 16 Items That Are Cheaper At Costco | Business Insider
- Young People Are Risky Investors — And It Isn't Paying Off | Business Insider
- Howard Marks Gives A Crystal-Clear Explanation Of How Oil Prices Work (OAK) | Business Insider
- 24 Reasons Iceland Is The Best Country On The Planet | Business Insider