Be Afraid of the Rating Agencies
Fellow Masters, our stocks may get killed this week if the rating agencies start to thumbs down major EU countries. They went on record this week that Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus could be downgraded in the coming weeks.
Move over Sith, the Rating Agencies are the new evil.
Fitch -- Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus are all facing possible downgrades by the ratings agency.
Standard & Poor's - Warned that it could next week downgrade some or all of the 15 eurozone countries it has on review.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Gartman: "Clearly We Were Wrong To Short Crude The Day Before The OPEC Meeting" | ZeroHedge
- Mexican Central Bank Head Quits Amid Fears Over "Trump Impact" | ZeroHedge
- Recount 2016 Not the Same as Bush vs. Gore, But Uncertainty Remains | Financial Sense
- Not Zero Sum: World Bond Markets Endure $1.7 Trillion Sell Off; Equities Gain $635 Billion | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures, Europe, Dollar Drop; Yields Rise As WTI Advances Above $50 | ZeroHedge
- Not Afraid | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More than 2,000 US military veterans to form a human... | Business Insider
- Brexit is already hurting UK fintech | Business Insider
- Here's your first look at Rolls-Royce's new SUV | Business Insider
- The NFL is betting big on virtual reality -- find out more at IGNITION | Business Insider
- Friday's jobs report showed it's still tough for... | Business Insider
- LeBron James has obsessed over each of his teammates' preferences... | Business Insider
- Iraqis are desperate to return to their homes... | Business Insider