Be Afraid of the Rating Agencies
Fellow Masters, our stocks may get killed this week if the rating agencies start to thumbs down major EU countries. They went on record this week that Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus could be downgraded in the coming weeks.
Move over Sith, the Rating Agencies are the new evil.
Fitch -- Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus are all facing possible downgrades by the ratings agency.
Standard & Poor's - Warned that it could next week downgrade some or all of the 15 eurozone countries it has on review.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross: "Central Banks Have Gone Too Far In Their Misguided Efforts To Support Economic Growth" | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile, Over At The "New York" Stock Exchange... Lasers | ZeroHedge
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Housing Bubble Redux: Subprime Auto Market Begins To Crack | ZeroHedge
- As Greek Default Fears Return, Government Considers "Borrowing" Pensions To Repay IMF | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished: Nasdaq 5000 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Linkedin CEO: These five things make a world-class tech product | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- This is the main reason video games are so much better today than they... | Business Insider
- Tax-evasion allegations aren't HSBC's only problem | Business Insider
- British house prices just took a dip | Business Insider
- Barack Obama's go-to career advice is... | Business Insider
- Lumber Liquidators shares are crashing after a damning '60 Minutes'... | Business Insider