Be Afraid of the Rating Agencies
Fellow Masters, our stocks may get killed this week if the rating agencies start to thumbs down major EU countries. They went on record this week that Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus could be downgraded in the coming weeks.
Move over Sith, the Rating Agencies are the new evil.
Fitch -- Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Italy, Ireland and Cyprus are all facing possible downgrades by the ratings agency.
Standard & Poor's - Warned that it could next week downgrade some or all of the 15 eurozone countries it has on review.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Opens Weaker Than Expected After Goldman Downgrade And "Mirage Of A New Dawn" Warnings | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Weekly Stock Rally Since 2012 Continues Driven By Tumbling Dollar, Dovish Fed; Commodities Surge | ZeroHedge
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
- Aging Prison Population Sends Health-Care Costs Soaring | ZeroHedge
- It A "Liquidity Mirage": New York Fed Finally Grasps How Broken The Market Is Due To HFTs | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 9 | ZeroHedge
- Oct 9 - FOMC Mins: Fed Held Off On Hike Amid Worries About Low Inflation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IS advances on Syria's Aleppo despite Russia air war | Business Insider
- AP Source: Knicks' Fisher has altercation with Matt... | Business Insider
- Suspects in Calif. yoga teacher's death, tied to 2nd... | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking's claim about a 'drive to survive' in... | Business Insider
- Researcher: Children's cancer linked to Fukushima... | Business Insider
- Etsy is tumbling (ETSY, AMZN) | Business Insider
- NFL Week 5: Here's who wins this weekend | Business Insider