- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
This site allows HTML content. While learning all of HTML may feel intimidating, learning how to use a very small number of the most basic HTML "tags" is very easy. This table provides examples for each tag that is enabled on this site.
For more information see W3C's HTML Specifications or use your favorite search engine to find other sites that explain HTML.
Tag Description You Type You Get Anchors are used to make links to other pages.
Cited Coded text used to show programming source code
Unordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ul> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ul>
- First item
- Second item
Ordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ol> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ol>
- First item
- Second item
Definition lists are similar to other HTML lists. <dl> begins the definition list, <dt> begins the definition term and <dd> begins the definition description.
<dl> <dt>First term</dt> <dd>First definition</dd> <dt>Second term</dt> <dd>Second definition</dd> </dl>
- First term
- First definition
- Second term
- Second definition
Most unusual characters can be directly entered without any problems.
If you do encounter problems, try using HTML character entities. A common example looks like & for an ampersand & character. For a full list of entities see HTML's entities page. Some of the available characters include:
Character Description You Type You Get Ampersand
& Greater than
> Less than
< Quotation mark
- Lines and paragraphs are automatically recognized. The <br /> line break, <p> paragraph and </p> close paragraph tags are inserted automatically. If paragraphs are not recognized simply add a couple blank lines.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volume Collapses As China Commodity Exchanges Ordered To "Curb Speculation" | ZeroHedge
- China Bond-Sale Cancellations Soar As BofA Warns "Default Risk Is Mispriced" | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- Congress Fixes "Sexist" Draft - Votes To Require Women To Register For Selection | ZeroHedge
- Why Is JPM's "Quant Guru" Suddenly Worried About The "Endgame" | ZeroHedge
- All Depressions Are Not Created Equal | ZeroHedge
- SEC Begins Crack Down On Non-GAAP Accounting Gimmicks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s what you get for $10 million on New York City’s... | Business Insider
- Rare video shows what it’s like to drive through the hidden tunnel... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders may care about Hillary's 'damn... | Business Insider
- How I quit the 9-5 and started an online... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Warren Buffett isn't super excited that I'm a Berkshire... | Business Insider
- 15 things you probably didn't know you could do... | Business Insider