- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
This site allows HTML content. While learning all of HTML may feel intimidating, learning how to use a very small number of the most basic HTML "tags" is very easy. This table provides examples for each tag that is enabled on this site.
For more information see W3C's HTML Specifications or use your favorite search engine to find other sites that explain HTML.
Tag Description You Type You Get Anchors are used to make links to other pages.
Cited Coded text used to show programming source code
Unordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ul> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ul>
- First item
- Second item
Ordered list - use the <li> to begin each list item
<ol> <li>First item</li> <li>Second item</li> </ol>
- First item
- Second item
Definition lists are similar to other HTML lists. <dl> begins the definition list, <dt> begins the definition term and <dd> begins the definition description.
<dl> <dt>First term</dt> <dd>First definition</dd> <dt>Second term</dt> <dd>Second definition</dd> </dl>
- First term
- First definition
- Second term
- Second definition
Most unusual characters can be directly entered without any problems.
If you do encounter problems, try using HTML character entities. A common example looks like & for an ampersand & character. For a full list of entities see HTML's entities page. Some of the available characters include:
Character Description You Type You Get Ampersand
& Greater than
> Less than
< Quotation mark
- Lines and paragraphs are automatically recognized. The <br /> line break, <p> paragraph and </p> close paragraph tags are inserted automatically. If paragraphs are not recognized simply add a couple blank lines.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- European Banks Prepare For "Economic Nuclear Winter" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Extends Losses As 'Short-Squeeze' Ammo Is Now Exhausted | ZeroHedge
- HuffPo "Revoked Publishing Access" Of Journalist After 'Hillary Health' Story: "It's Orwellian...I'm Scared" | ZeroHedge
- The Schizophrenic Fed | Financial Sense
- Al Qaeda In Syria Changed Its Name And Now The US Is Arming Them | ZeroHedge
- Germans "Lose Faith In Banks", Rush To Buy Safes | ZeroHedge
- What I Learned From The FBI’s Best Hostage Negotiator | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kanye West released an explicit and bizarre new music video at the MTV VMAs | Business Insider
- The most hotly debated policing strategy of the last 20 years is far from... | Business Insider
- The surprising origins of the slogan 'Don't mess with Texas... | Business Insider
- 10 years ago, Mylan's CEO slammed the very thing her company just did (MYL... | Business Insider
- The right way to ask for a favor and get what you want | Business Insider
- The best movies and TV shows coming to Amazon, iTunes, Hulu,... | Business Insider
- This is the closest photo of Jupiter anyone has seen in nearly a decade | Business Insider