Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Gold Isn't An Investment - Gold Is Money" | ZeroHedge
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- "Debt Is The Cause, Not The Cure"- Why $19 Trillion In Debt 'Is' A Problem | ZeroHedge
- Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya's Sarin To Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Ten Things I Learned From Tony Hawk | Altucher Confidential
- THe BuTT oF HiS OWN JoKe... | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 2 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The refugee who sold pens to feed his daughter now... | Business Insider
- A massive 4-alarm fire broke out at a New York City... | Business Insider
- Uber ditched Slack for its employees and went to its chief rival instead (TEAM) | Business Insider
- The head of TED says this is the first thing you should do when public... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he forgot to say... | Business Insider
- This 360-degree video of SpaceX's historic rocket landing lets you watch... | Business Insider
- Baidu is being... | Business Insider