Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
- Former CIA Boss and 4-Star General: U.S. Should Arm Al Qaeda | ZeroHedge
- HuMPTY UST ReSeRVe DuMPTY… | ZeroHedge
- How China Cornered The Fed With Its "Worst Case" Capital Outflow Countdown | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Stanley Fischer Speaks - More Drivel From A Dangerous Academic Fool | ZeroHedge
- The Oligarch Recovery: Low Income Americans Can't Afford To Live In Any Metro Area | ZeroHedge
- Tricky Tricky | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- World on track for warming 'far above' 2C target:... | Business Insider
- Harvard launches 'virtual classroom' for students... | Business Insider
- Climate: CO2 will forever alter key ocean microbes | Business Insider
- All the market needs is one big scare to go into free fall | Business Insider
- 11 ways rich people think differently than the average person | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek