Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What The Charts Say: Fatally Attracted To New Highs | ZeroHedge
- The Endless Dodge - Why Washington Doesn't Come Clean On The Downing Of MH-17 | ZeroHedge
- Almost 100 Beheadings So Far In 2016 And Counting... And No, It's Not ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Former Morgan Stanley Chief Asia Economist: "Don't Listen To The Ruling Elite, The World Economy Is In Real Trouble" | ZeroHedge
- Trickle-Down Crash? Trophy Assets Suddenly Tanking | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 31 | ZeroHedge
- Why Management Is Incentivized To Fabricate Earnings: It's All About non-GAAP Bonuses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN: These are the 21 stocks that matter most to hedge funds (DAL, HCA, C, AVGO, PCLN,... | Business Insider
- Shinzo Abe is trying to 'reignite powerfully the... | Business Insider
- Japan is bracing itself for a possible North... | Business Insider
- 9 iPhone accessories you may not need but probably still want | Business Insider
- 8 intense arm workouts you can do virtually anywhere | Business Insider
- The rise of reloadable prepaid... | Business Insider
- 'Cheap doesn't mean it can't be good': Meet the startup... | Business Insider