Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market is Rapidly Running Out of Props… | ZeroHedge
- MeMoRiaL DaY 2015: THe LaND OF THE FRee | ZeroHedge
- Game Theory Pioneer John Nash, Wife, Killed In Taxi Crash | ZeroHedge
- Secular Trends in New Residential Building Permits and Housing Starts | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: The Case For Truly 'Free' Trade | ZeroHedge
- The Case For Nationalizing Monsanto | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The genius 'A Beautiful Mind... | Business Insider
- As antitrust case looms, 'Peak Google' debated | Business Insider
- Berdych shows no mercy to teenager Nishioka | Business Insider
- How to cook a restaurant-style burger in your own kitchen | Business Insider
- Prince slams waste of 'self-serving' FIFA leader | Business Insider
- Hobbled LeBron James helps push Hawks to brink of... | Business Insider
- Greeks back government's red lines, but want to keep... | Business Insider