Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s Referendum | Financial Sense
- This Is Why The Euro Is Finished | ZeroHedge
- Europarliament President Threatens Greeks With Armageddon If They Vote No | ZeroHedge
- Whole Foods, Half Lies | ZeroHedge
- One Heretic, And Not-So-Simple, View On The Greek Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Trillion-Dollar Asset Managers Warn On Greece Fallout: "No Blueprint" Means "All Kinds Of Uncertainty" | ZeroHedge
- Citigroup Just Cornered The "Precious Metals" Derivatives Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hopes, fears as Greeks vote on uncertain future | Business Insider
- Here's some incredible pro-independence propaganda from... | Business Insider
- ISIS video purports to show mass execution of Syrian soldiers in historic... | Business Insider
- Greece faces running out of essential food supplies on Monday | Business Insider
- Federer beats Groth to reach Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton weighed in on a heartbreaking viral... | Business Insider
- Here's your complete preview of this week's big economic events | Business Insider