Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buybacks Tank - Will Stocks Follow? | Financial Sense
- Best Reaction Yet: "Yellen Speech A Whole Lot Of Nothing" | ZeroHedge
- Risks Of Loose Money - Exposing The Link Between Monetary Policy And Social Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Brexit Probably Most Bullish Thing That Happened This Summer | Financial Sense
- Oil Spikes On Iran Report Saudi Aramco Facilities Hit By Yemen Missiles | ZeroHedge
- Mylan CEO: "The US Healthcare System Bubble Is Going To Burst; This Is No Different Than The Subprime Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- August 2016 Vice Index: Is Vice Spending Slowing? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 cartoons that explain how Silicon Valley sees the world today | Business Insider
- 5 questions you should always ask your doctor | Business Insider
- 10 best games you may have missed from the past few years | Business Insider
- Uber is providing drivers a chance to save for retirement | Business Insider
- Traditional banks may be in trouble due to digital banking | Business Insider
- Inside the legal case everyone on Wall Street is talking about | Business Insider
- Apple just fixed a major security problem — and you should update your iPhone... | Business Insider