Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Quote Of The Day: Jack Ma Edition | ZeroHedge
- The Scotland Referendum: Who Voted How And Why? | ZeroHedge
- 238 Years Of The (Dis)United Kingdom | ZeroHedge
- 45 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation | ZeroHedge
- Lurking Beneath The Taper: More Trouble In Repo Land | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba Breaks For Trading At $92.70, Rises Over $99.50, Hits Same Market Cap As Walmart, Drops | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap September 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SAP's Bid for Concur Is Better Than What CEO McDermott Said It Is | TheStreet.com
- Philly Fed Employment Index Highest Since May 2011 (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- The UK Is Now Considering A Ban On Scottish People Voting On '... | Business Insider
- Sputtering Manchester City bid to keep Chelsea in check | Business Insider
- It's Not 2008 For Chinese Companies — It's Worse | Business Insider
- CAMERON SPEAKS: The Scottish Referendum Just Transformed UK... | Business Insider
- 22 Astounding Facts About Alibaba, The Giant Chinese E-Commerce Company With The Largest... | Business Insider