Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks Hit 16 Month High As Draghi’s “Dovish Taper” Sustains “Trumpflation”, Dollar Rises | ZeroHedge
- Stocks And Volatility Indices Both Jump - Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating | Financial Sense
- Global Equity Euphoria Prepares To Meet Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- "China Should Build More Nuclear Arms, ICBMs In Response To Trump": Local Press | ZeroHedge
- Will 2017 See Peak Fragility? | ZeroHedge
- NBC's Fake News King Brian Williams Launches Crusade Against "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump says he only sleeps a few hours each night — and there could be a... | Business Insider
- Watch Jimmy Fallon play the new 'Super Mario' game for iPhone before... | Business Insider
- FAI: Bond markets are getting hammered | Business Insider
- Facebook admits to miscalculating more... | Business Insider
- There will be 24 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- The 50 best workplaces of 2017, according to employees | Business Insider
- A strategy used by Charles Darwin and Stephen King can make you more... | Business Insider