Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago Is Pushing For A Massive Bailout Of Its Public School System | ZeroHedge
- The End Game Of Bubble Finance - Political Revolt | ZeroHedge
- How They Hedged Brexit: Soros Was Short Deutsche Bank, Druckenmiller Was Long Gold | ZeroHedge
- Brexit "Do Over" Petition Exposed As A Scam... | ZeroHedge
- What the Bond Market Is Telling Investors | Financial Sense
- The Last Time Bonds Were Here, The Recession Started | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why there's no reason for most people to buy high-tech versions of... | Business Insider
- STOCKS SINK: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- 16 LGBT superheroes who forever changed comics | Business Insider
- A bunch of new startups are trying to make it cheaper and... | Business Insider
- A world champion speaker shares his best tips for beating your fear of... | Business Insider
- UK Independence Party leader: Putin acted 'more statesman-like' about Brexit... | Business Insider
- Don't panic — the Brexit shock is not as bad as it looks | Business Insider