Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Draghi’s QE work? | Financial Sense
- The Next War In The Middle East Has Begun And Israel Vows "To Act Powerfully On All Fronts" | ZeroHedge
- I am Not Crazy, Per Se | iBankCoin.com
- "Everything Is Awesome" American Consumers Are The Happiest In 11 Years | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Prices Are Spiking (Again) | ZeroHedge
- NEWSFLASH: The Netherlands Wasn’t The First Time The IMF Dropped The Ball On The National Gold Holdings | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jack Dorsey Unleashed A Massive Tweetstorm To Defend... | Business Insider
- Psychologists say this is the best way to argue with your spouse | Business Insider
- What It's Like When You're An American Using Britain's NHS | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The Archbishop Of Canterbury Says Twitter Is No Place For Arguments | Business Insider
- Dendreon's Asset Rummage Sale Completes the Circle of Life | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com