Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Slowdown Confirmed By PMIs Missing From Japan To China To Europe; USDJPY Nears 119 Then Slides | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Admits Its Gold Is Gone: "There Is Almost No Gold Left In The Central Bank Vault" | ZeroHedge
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
- Despite Record Highs, These 5 'People' Are Still Flipping Out | ZeroHedge
- LONG | iBankCoin.com
- Senior Citi Banker Found Dead In Bathtub With Slashed Throat | ZeroHedge
- Commodities Are Crumbling - Gold Fixing, Swiss Gold Poll, Or Another Fed Minutes Leak? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GRANTHAM: The World Doesn't Have Enough Stuff To Make It As Great As We... | Business Insider
- 21 Head Turning Cars At This Year's LA Auto Show | Business Insider
- Researchers Found Something Amazing When They Autopsied A 40,000-Year-Old Woolly... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch Seems Alarmingly Complicated (AAPL) | Business Insider
- People Are Using Fake Amazon Listings To Scam Walmart, But The Jig Might Be Up | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Doubts linger over Clarke's Test fitness | Business Insider