Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- President Obama "Normalizes" Relations With Cuba, Opens Diplomatic Channels; USAID Chief Resigns - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Stuff Is Already Hitting the Fan in the Currency Markets | ZeroHedge
- Is The Oil Implosion Supply Or Demand Driven? Here Is The Very Simple Answer, Thanks To Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
- The Santa Claus Rally is Now | iBankCoin.com
- China Prepares To Bailout Russia | ZeroHedge
- The American Public Supports Torture … Because They Don’t Know THIS | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of Obama's Iran Nuclear Policy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet American Apparel's New CEO | Business Insider
- Deere & Co. (DE) to Sell Crop Insurance Unit | StreetInsider.com
- A Notorious Burglar Who Targeted Silicon Valley Startups... | Business Insider
- Take Goldman Sachs' Christmas Crossword And Find Out How Well You Remember 2014... | Business Insider
- This Spectacular Megayacht Has An Infinity Pool And Its Own Art Gallery | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- LeBron James' First Season Back In Cleveland Is Off To A Much Slower Start Than His... | Business Insider