Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kansas Fed Plunges To 2-Year Lows, New Orders Crash: "Economy Not As Strong As Media Portrays" | ZeroHedge
- Financial Feudalism | ZeroHedge
- What Will End the 34-Year US Treasury Bond Bull Market? | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- Yemen Ground Invasion By Saudi, Egyptian Troops Imminent | ZeroHedge
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
- Did Saudi Arabia Just Suffer Its Largest Foreign Capital Flight In 15 Years? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Silicon valley and legacy payment companies are locked in a battle to control the... | Business Insider
- Learn how to build robots, remote-controlled cars, and more with the Arduino... | Business Insider
- Yahoo adds $2 billion to its share buyback program (YHOO) | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- French 2014 public deficit cut to 4 percent | Business Insider
- Former Afghan... | Business Insider
- One of the savviest stock market bloggers we know will grow his 'correction beard... | Business Insider