Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Bond Default Risk Reignites, Despite "Never Anticipating Any Risks" | ZeroHedge
- Churning Nowhere | iBankCoin.com
- St.Louis PD Release 'Suicide-By-Cop' Shooting Clip | ZeroHedge
- The Founding Fathers Fought the Revolutionary War to Stop the Type of Militarized Police We Now Have In the U.S. | ZeroHedge
- US To Sue Angelo Mozilo, Again | ZeroHedge
- "The Financial System Is Vulnerable," NYFed Asks "Could The Dollar Lose Its Reserve Status?" | ZeroHedge
- GMO: "There Is No Safe Place To Hide" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HP's Ongoing Layoffs Have Dragged Down Its Best Quarter In Three Years (HPQ) | Business Insider
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING FALLS TO 3-MONTH LOW | Business Insider
- BANK OF AMERICA AGREES TO PAY $16.65 BILLION SETTLEMENT | Business Insider
- 16 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photos That Shocked The World | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Don't BS The American People About Iraq, Syria, And ISIS | Business Insider
- Fed Reveals What Could Bring Earlier Rate Hikes (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider