Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Treasury Warns China Over Yuan Depreciation; Treasury Hypocrites; What If? | Financial Sense
- "Death Spiral" - Harvard Professor Predicts Up To Half Of US Universities May Fail In 15 Years | ZeroHedge
- Morning Euphoria Fizzles As Biotechs Turn Red Again | ZeroHedge
- Su-27 Fighter Jet Above Kramatorsk Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- Gold Futures Halted Again On Latest Furious Slamdown | ZeroHedge
- When The Fed’s Refi Madness Ended, Bank Mortgage Profits Evaporated | ZeroHedge
- Empire Manufacturing Misses By Most In 15 Months, Drops To 2014 Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 100 Years Of The American Investor Getting Taxed | Business Insider
- This Pregnancy App Wants To Help You Choose The Sex Of Your Unborn Baby | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Is This Performance Artist Behind The Boston Bombing Backpack Hoax? | Business Insider
- China Experiences Another Bond Auction Failure | Business Insider
- President Obama Had To Fix A Typo That Could Have Kept A Man In Jail... | Business Insider
- PRESENTING: The 100 Most Influential Tech People On Twitter | Business Insider