Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IRS Official In Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office | ZeroHedge
- IRS Witch-Hunt Congressional Hearing Begins - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Assuming the Rally Will Never End | iBankCoin.com
- Dull Overnight Session Set To Become Even Duller Day Session | ZeroHedge
- Japan - Green Light to Crush Yen | Financial Sense
- CANADA IS DONE, EH | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is David Beckham's Most Viral Video Of All Time | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Stock Market Today Is Almost Nothing Like It Was In 2000 | Business Insider
- Even Life-Long Nerd, And Self-Described Futurist, Nick Bilton Thinks Google Glass Is Creepy And... | Business Insider
- CNN: Obama Ready To Unleash A Swarm Of Military Special Operators On Benghazi Perpetrators | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- One Day You'll Look Back And Realize How Completely Amazing The Market Is Right... | Business Insider
- Here's How Many Tickets You Need To Buy To Guarantee Winning A... | Business Insider