Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Angela Merkel's EU Army Poses the Greatest Threat to World Peace in 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Russia Snaps, Accuses UK, Germany And France Of "Grossly Interfering" In The US Election | ZeroHedge
- NY Fed President Dudley Thinks A New Housing Bubble Is A Perfect Cure For Soft Retail Sales | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides After Brazil Denies Saudi Production Cut Request | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul Asks "Will Trump Continue The Bush-Obama 'Big Spending' Legacy?" | ZeroHedge
- RBC On The Treasury Standoff: "Someone Is Going To Get Hurt Badly" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This startup makes the most comfortable pair of underwear I’ve ever worn | Business Insider
- Marijuana is about as popular as Donald Trump in these 5 red states | Business Insider
- How to find a business idea — and figure out if it's any good | Business Insider
- Tom Brady says he stays up to watch Aaron Rodgers play 'whenever he... | Business Insider
- A new law will prevent the government from wasting millions of dollars every year | Business Insider
- WE'RE HIRING: Join Business Insider as Senior Research Analyst | Business Insider
- Chelsea Handler explains why she's leading a march against '... | Business Insider