Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Tops $50, Energy Stocks Soar To Biggest Week Since 2008 (But Credit Ain't Buying It) | ZeroHedge
- Wholesale Inventories Rise And Sales Tumble Sending Ratio To "Recession Imminent" Cycle Highs | ZeroHedge
- China’s New Infrastructure Bank Wins Grudging Assent From the US and Japan | Financial Sense
- In Major Escalation, US To Sail Warships Around China's Man-Made Islands In South Pacific | ZeroHedge
- VIX Trips From 37 To 20 Have Been All-Or-Nothing For Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Volkswagen Of America CEO Grilled In Congress Over Emissions Scandal - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Inflation Watch: Retiree Health-Care Costs Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nurse who contracted Ebola hospitalized | Business Insider
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to... | Business Insider
- You're now overpaying for your grandfathered Verizon... | Business Insider
- USA Today just used Facebook's new... | Business Insider
- The high-profile Google exec who almost defected to Dropbox just got a promotion (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Charges dropped against Ron Paul's former campaign... | Business Insider
- Cops: Man stabbed at funeral, suspect tries to flee in... | Business Insider