Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Drivers, Beware: The Costly, Deadly Dangers Of Traffic Stops In The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Explains Where "The Economy Is Booming" (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Explains (In 90 Seconds) How It's All A Big Shell Game | ZeroHedge
- It's Bounce Or Else For This Key Stock Market Gauge | ZeroHedge
- The Magic of Idea Math | Altucher Confidential
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- PANNED CAKED OUT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese stocks were having an okay day ... until the... | Business Insider
- Dollar up on Fed rate talk, Asia markets mostly rise | Business Insider
- China's stock market crash will make Beijing's... | Business Insider
- The 29-year-old hacker who was able to take control over GM... | Business Insider
- Ridley Scott, Jean-Marc Vallee head Toronto filmfest... | Business Insider
- Barclays: Risk is back | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek