Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Evidence That Russia Hacked The DNC Is Collapsing | ZeroHedge
- Another DHS “Exercise” Planned: The Risk of Terrorism Drills Becoming Reality | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Shiller's CAPE – Is There A Better Measure? | ZeroHedge
- As Market Tumbles, Investors Rush Into Safe Haven SNAP After Mass Wall Street Upgrade | ZeroHedge
- London Mayor's Ties To Extremism Call Commitment To Fighting Terror Into Question | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Police admit they don't know why Khalid Masood committed his terror... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- This cocktail brought the 'original American whiskey' back from the dead | Business Insider
- A Samsung store caught fire the day before the... | Business Insider
- LuLaRoe is getting sued over claims that its popular leggings rip 'like wet toilet paper... | Business Insider
- California has thrown a wrench in Trump's big deal with the auto industry... | Business Insider
- A former Google and Apple exec reveals what it's like... | Business Insider