Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Kocherlakota Explains Why He Wants Moar | ZeroHedge
- Why I Don't Really Care About Your Product | ZeroHedge
- A Day After Tim Cook's Veiled Threats, ApplePay Alternative Gets Hacked | ZeroHedge
- I Pledge Allegiance... | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Ends QE; Reiterates "Considerable Time" for Low Rates | Financial Sense
- Greenspan: Price of Gold Will Rise | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Make Your iPhone Spooky For Halloween (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Microsoft Confirms Another Round Of Layoffs Just Happened (MSFT) | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: This Chart Shows Why Fat Profit Margins Aren't Doomed To... | Business Insider
- It Would Take Bill Gates 218 Years To Spend All His Money | Business Insider
- First class Murray books ticket to London | Business Insider
- Energy, Politics and Putin: Russia's Gas Power Play Traps Europe | TheStreet.com
- Asia shares rally after US growth figures | Business Insider