Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Crude Slides Below $81 | ZeroHedge
- The Reckoning for 3D Printers | iBankCoin.com
- India Gold Demand Surges 450% and Bank of Russia Demand At 15 Year High | ZeroHedge
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- And Here is Opportunity | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Emory University Investigating AEPi Fraternity Chapter For Racially Offensive... | Business Insider
- EMC Buys Out Its Joint Venture With Cisco | Business Insider
- US cautiously optimistic after no new Ebola in 5 days | Business Insider
- Alibaba stock sale lifts Yahoo profit | Business Insider
- How To Watch This Week's Incredible Solar Eclipse | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Met defies protests to stage 'Klinghoffer' opera | Business Insider