Fisker Karma vs Tesla Roadster (TSLA)
The stock we think has it's work cut out for it in competition from Fisker automotive is Tesla (TSLA).
Let's take a look at the fundamentals and technicals first before getting into why Tesla's Roadster could turn into a dud.
Over the past 12 months Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares have traded between $21.5 and its 52-week high of $39.95. Tesla Motors Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -2.87.
Tesla's price action has done a nice job of finding support around $30, and is currently in a rising channel. We like Tesla with price below the moving averages. Look for a rollover below $30.50 where share price could fall all the way down to the $26 - 28 range.
Still with me? The bears are well aware of potential issues with TSLA, with short interest currently pegged at 45%. Here is why:
The electric Tesla Roadster was the car of choice for ecofriendly tech barons and Hollywood types. Until the hybrid Fisker Karma came along.
Check out this article by Alexandra Wolfe at departures.com, great piece of writing on why the Fisker Karma is giving Tesla a run for its money: Tesla Roadster Versus Fisker Karma.
I saw a Fisker Karma today at Fry's (see the main photo) and trust me, this car is going to be hot.The only thing the Karma doesn't have going for it, is Justin Bieber just got one:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Warns UK: Excluding Russia From SWIFT "Could Undermine Confidence In The Whole System" | ZeroHedge
- Energy Markets: Significant Volatility and Deleveraging May Lie Ahead | Financial Sense
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
- Stocks End Best Month Since Oct 2011 With A Whimper | ZeroHedge
- Lowest Interest Rates Ever | Financial Sense
- In "Paranormal" Europe, Banks Will Pay You To Borrow, And Charge You To Save | ZeroHedge
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A child genius explains how she can memorize a... | Business Insider
- Australia, Thales deal on 'world first' air... | Business Insider
- A major Russian opposition figure was just shot dead... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 2/27: (OMCL) (MGT) | StreetInsider.com
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- What we're hearing about the new music-streaming service Apple is... | Business Insider