2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- Ex-Chairman Of Insolvent UK Bank Busted For Possession Of Cocaine, Ketamine And Crystal Meth | ZeroHedge
- Year of the Gas | Financial Sense
- About That "Strong" March Retail Sales "Bounce": Good Thing Summer's Coming! | ZeroHedge
- HFT Firm CEO Seeks Taxpayer Dollars To Save His Hockey Team | ZeroHedge
- What's The Difference Between Fascism, Communism And Crony-Capitalism? Nothing | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing Taxes Around The World | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Hotels In Rome | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- How To Stop Facebook's Video Ads From Automatically Playing | Business Insider
- The Wolverine Unites The X-Men In New 'Days Of Future Past' Trailer | Business Insider
- Robin Williams Is Going To Star In A 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel | Business Insider
- China's First Bitcoin ATM Has Been Installed | Business Insider
- 'The Following' Actor Has To Film Every Scene Twice To Play... | Business Insider