2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Positve ADP Reports Blow Away Expectations | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: December 4 | ZeroHedge
- Part 1 - Era Of Depositor Bail-In Cometh | ZeroHedge
- "Good News" Spikes USD & Bond Yields (But Bullion Bid?) | ZeroHedge
- Gold's Best Day In 7 Weeks As Stocks Start Month Worst In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- THE WTF COMEX TRAVESTY | ZeroHedge
- New Orders Drop Most Since July Led By Plunge In Defense | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why A Famous Market Strategist Can No Longer Afford His Favorite French Wine | Business Insider
- [video] Jim Cramer on Apple, J.C. Penney | TheStreet.com
- Thailand Secretly Sells Myanmar Refugees To Human... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The NSA Is Gathering 5 Billion Records On Global Cellphone Locations Every Day | Business Insider
- 400,000-Year-Old Hominin DNA Throws Everything We Know About Human Evolution... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 12/... | StreetInsider.com