2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jobless Claims, Housing Starts and Earnings Results in Focus | Financial Sense
- China's Day Trading Hordes Unmasked | ZeroHedge
- Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb | Financial Sense
- Oil Slips On Saudi Record Production Promise, Specs Pile In But Blackstone Skeptical | ZeroHedge
- The S(chizophrenic) & P(sychotic) 500 | ZeroHedge
- What’s Squeezing Today? | iBankCoin.com
- Markets Retreat on Increased Risk of Greek Default | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These 6 luxury headphone sets are up to 73% off right now | Business Insider
- John Paul DeJoria describes what it felt like to become a... | Business Insider
- NOW HIRING: Business Insider is hiring an associate producer for BI... | Business Insider
- Kvitova takes Czechs past France to Fed Cup final | Business Insider
- No, you can't plug the black hole in... | Business Insider
- Why this woman turned down a fabulous job at Google | Business Insider
- Ex-Nazi 'bookkeeper of Auschwitz' goes on trial... | Business Insider