2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Why Japan Is Bad for the World | Financial Sense
- Is Peak Oil to Blame for Riots in Syria? | Financial Sense
- Why Bonds Aren't Dead & The Dollar Will Get Weaker | Financial Sense
- Who Wins from Rising Natural Gas Prices? | Financial Sense
- Is Bad Economic Data Good for Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: What Is Normal? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SHERYL SANDBERG: It's OK For Women To Cry At Work | Business Insider
- A Group Of Skaters Recorded The Gripping Aftermath Of Friday's Metro Train Crash | Business Insider
- TOP VETERANS' ADVOCATE: Obama's Budget Contains One Of The Most... | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: GOOG AAPL CREE | TheStreet.com
- Someone In Southern California Won $59,000 By Losing This Incredible Hand Of Poker Last Night | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Why The Benghazi Problem Won't Go Away | Business Insider