2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: Furious French Workers Attack Air France Executives, Rip Their Clothes Off | ZeroHedge
- MeMoiR OF a KeYNeSiaN BuBBLe MaeSTRO... | ZeroHedge
- How Did Picasso Create 50,000 Works of Art? | Altucher Confidential
- A "Heroic" Ben Bernanke Blames Congress For Poor Economic Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, Futures Jump On Barrage Of Bad Economic News; Glencore Surges, Volkswagen Slumps | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chancellor's big play allows Seattle to beat Detroit... | Business Insider
- Doctors Without Borders: Afghan clinic bombed, 3 staff... | Business Insider
- Kerouac's knickknacks go on the road to author's... | Business Insider
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought terrorist... | Business Insider
- The Trump swagger is seen, not always loved, worldwide | Business Insider
- US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek