2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Asia Crisis, Tech Bubble Burst, Lehman"... And Today | ZeroHedge
- Yield Curve Flashing Yellow | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank "Loses" LIBOR Chat Records; Will Try Hard To Find Them | ZeroHedge
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Is Turkey On The Path To Restoring The Ottoman Empire? | ZeroHedge
- Bernie, The Koch Brothers, & Open Borders | ZeroHedge
- From Grexit To Brexit? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We asked an exercise scientist how many days a week you need to work out to actually... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- These eyedrops make you feel like you're... | Business Insider
- This map shows how some... | Business Insider
- Crashing energy prices have been devastating for big oil | Business Insider
- 5 reasons NOT to jump on the gluten-free bandwagon | Business Insider
- 5 things the most successful executives never do | Business Insider