2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jobs Jolt Sparks Bond Bid; Stocks Skid As "Day Of Greckoning" Looms | ZeroHedge
- With Sweden's QE Officially Broken, The Riksbank Doubles Down: Lowers Rates Even More Negative; Boosts QE | ZeroHedge
- 10 Things To Do If You Were Fired Yesterday | Altucher Confidential
- Chinese Stocks Plummet Despite Government Threats To Shorts, Europe Lower, US Closed | ZeroHedge
- GOLD: Will This Summer’s Rally Mark A Cyclical Turning Point? | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues - WTI Hits $55 Handle, Brent Tests $60 | ZeroHedge
- A Short History: The Neocon "Clean Break" Grand Design & The "Regime Change" Disasters It Has Fostered | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EE just got fined £1m for botching customer complaints | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- How beacons — small, low-cost gadgets — will influence billions... | Business Insider
- A sea turtle strapped with a GoPro just gave us a gorgeous... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- America's 'Plan B' for Iran comes with one huge problem | Business Insider
- US Episcopal Church approves same-sex marriages | Business Insider