2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gilts Spike After Cover Ratio In Today's 15Y+ POMO Tumbles, BOE Buys All Bonds At Premium | ZeroHedge
- The US Real Estate Big Picture... A Thesis In Moral Hazard | ZeroHedge
- Robo-Testifying In a Nutshell: The Triumph of Expediency Over Due Process in Foreclosure Cases | ZeroHedge
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
- Largest Saudi Bank Crashes To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- University of Chicago Tells Millennials to Suck It Up, "We Do Not Condone 'Safe Spaces'" | ZeroHedge
- How Does 2016 Compare to Stock Market Peaks in 2000 and 2007? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 subtle signs your job is destroying your marriage | Business Insider
- Companies are cashing in on chat apps | Business Insider
- There's a problem with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus that makes... | Business Insider
- A man in Virginia reportedly stabbed two people while... | Business Insider
- Wearable technology and IoT wearable devices | Business Insider
- Here's a breakdown of the speech that won the 2016 World... | Business Insider
- This test could help thousands of cancer patients avoid chemotherapy | Business Insider