2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Admits It Was Hacked | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Russia's 2nd Largest Gold Producer Is "Horrified" At Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- "He Who Makes The Rules Never Goes To Jail For Breaking Them" | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Drops, Biggest Miss On Record | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks to Add to Your Nutritious School Lunch | iBankCoin.com
- Respecting the Message of Bob Farrell’s Rule #7 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Awesome Google Features You Didn't Know About | Business Insider
- 30 Stocks Traders Are Shorting Like Crazy (SODA, SUNE, SPWR, TSLA, WUBA, JD, CVC, MNK, VEEV, JCP,... | Business Insider
- This Might Be The Reason A Lot Of Americans Are Still Bad At Math... | Business Insider
- You Might Think A Fox-Time Warner Deal Just Isn't Going To Happen... | Business Insider
- This Is Where The Tech Giants Are Spending Their Money In DC | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (FB, YHOO, AAPL... | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume | TheStreet.com