Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Americans Are Now The Top Silver Investors In The World | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Drives Gold Frenzy, Report 26 June, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Something Just Snapped In VIX | ZeroHedge
- Economic Predictions for Summer 2016: The Epocalypse Keeps Crashing | ZeroHedge
- China: Has Policy Reflation Lost Momentum? | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Rate Hike Plans Are Now "In Tatters" - What Wall Street Thinks | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Is Pushing For A Massive Bailout Of Its Public School System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 cities with the most dramatic income equality in the US | Business Insider
- Kazakhstan is building a futuristic city to host the 2017 World Expo — here's a closer... | Business Insider
- Here's what the European Union needs to do to avoid losing... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' dragons have steadily evolved over 6 seasons — here's... | Business Insider
- LeBron James' biggest priorities should scare the bejeezus out of... | Business Insider
- Here's how many people watched 13 recent Netflix original shows, based on... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek