Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkey Drops "Independence" From Central Bank Mandate As NATO's Favorite Autocrat Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Releases "Greatest" Piece Of Terrorist Video Propaganda In History, Tells US, Russia To "Bring It On" | ZeroHedge
- Volume-less, Range-less 'Market' Sparks Largest Small-Cap Short-Squeeze In 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Brazil's "Goldman Sachs" Is Arrested | ZeroHedge
- The December Jobs Number May Really Be The "Most Important Ever" | ZeroHedge
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- How Illiquid Are Bond ETFs, Really? (Spoiler Alert: Very!) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama admin says states lack authority to block refugees | Business Insider
- Syracuse rallies in 2nd half, beats No. 18 UConn 79-76 | Business Insider
- Pope Francis denounces radicalisation, 'barbarous... | Business Insider
- Corbyn... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's smartest say these are the most important charts in the world (DIA... | Business Insider
- This YouTuber created an unbelievably realistic Thanksgiving dinner entirely out of... | Business Insider
- Stafford throws 5 TDs to lift Lions to 45-14 win over... | Business Insider