Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Great Petrodollar Unwind Could Be $2.5 Trillion Larger Than Anyone Thinks | ZeroHedge
- Polish Government Confirms Discovery Of Nazi "Gold Train", Warns It May Be Booby-Trapped | ZeroHedge
- China Dramatically Intervenes To Boost Stocks Despite Reports It Won't; US Futtures Slump On J-Hole | ZeroHedge
- Policy Confusion Reigns As China Caps Muni Debt, Uncaps Bank Debt, And Bad Loans Soar | ZeroHedge
- BNY Scrambles To Fix Unresolved ETF "Glitch" By Monday Market Open | ZeroHedge
- Dis-Integrating America | ZeroHedge
- Manipulation = Fragility | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump makes an appearance at Barclays | Business Insider
- Egypt starts dig on Gaza border to stop smuggling tunnels... | Business Insider
- From creativity to corruption, Mandel was a political... | Business Insider
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76 | Business Insider
- I just took a 14-hour flight on Korean Air and it was the best international flight I... | Business Insider
- Phil Mickelson tried to hit his famous backwards shot at The Barclays and it almost... | Business Insider
- Here’s everything leaving Netflix in September | Business Insider