Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UBS On Japan - Are You 'Abe'liever? | ZeroHedge
- A Culture Of Fear And Intimidation... | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 22, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Microsoft To Hire Thousands... In China | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Stocks Halted; Plunge 1500 Points To Close Down 7.3% - Biggest Drop In 26 Months | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Banks Write Legislation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Location Data Is Being Collected And Transforming The Mobile... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- We Helped Race A 40-Foot Yacht Around New York City [PICTURES] | Business Insider
- Eminem Is Suing Facebook For Allegedly Ripping Off His Song In Home '... | Business Insider
- There Were Huge Construction Flaws In The Bangladesh Factory That... | Business Insider
- CONSUMER REPORTS: The Best Sunscreens Aren't The Most Expensive Ones | Business Insider
- The History Of Fatalities From Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes, And... | Business Insider