Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World Bank: Trump to Boost US Economic Growth and Commodities | Financial Sense
- George H.W. Bush Now In Intensive Care, Barbara Bush Also Hospitalized | ZeroHedge
- Physical Gold Will ‘Trump’ Paper Gold | ZeroHedge
- Florida Airport Shooter Claims He Carried Out Attack For ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Family Friend Charged After Threatening To Kill Donald Trump On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Former Black Panther To Tucker Carlson: Congressman John Lewis “Presided Over The Destruction of Black America” | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China just opened a massive floating walkway that’s 2X longer than Manhattan | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Target tumbles after cutting its guidance on 'disappointing traffic and... | Business Insider
- Back-to-back shootings spark new concern about simmering narco violence in Mexico's... | Business Insider
- Joe Biden's parting message to the world was a stark warning about a clash... | Business Insider
- How to schedule your day for maximum productivity after a terrible night... | Business Insider
- Shopping mall sells for just $100 | Business Insider