Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "A Key Technical Indicator Just Rang The Bell On The Cyclical Bull Market" | ZeroHedge
- The War On Savers And The 200 Rulers Of World Finance | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe's Great Experiment Is Failing | Financial Sense
- PBOC Hedge Fund Battle (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Sell Everything, Buy Dollars | ZeroHedge
- How Did The World Get This Way? | ZeroHedge
- Pros & Cons Of Obama's $10/Barrel Oil Tax | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump's poll numbers took a nosedive in the first national... | Business Insider
- This botched intro was the most entertaining moment of... | Business Insider
- Burning through $550k a month, BloomThat only... | Business Insider
- 37 thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts under $50 | Business Insider
- Scientists are scrambling to come up with ways of... | Business Insider
- Stocks are lower after the jobs report (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USD, GLD, GLX) | Business Insider
- German spy chief: ISIS is... | Business Insider