Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago PMI Beats But Remains Lower Year-Over-Year | ZeroHedge
- "We Can't Do This Forever," Fed Admits "Market Will Overwhelm Us" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: January 30 | ZeroHedge
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Is Wandering Off Track | Financial Sense
- Bank Of Russia Surprises With Unexpected Rate Cut, Brings YTD Total Of Nations Easing To 14 | ZeroHedge
- NEWSFLASH: The Netherlands Wasn’t The First Time The IMF Dropped The Ball On The National Gold Holdings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Panasonic closes TV plant in China, to sell... | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft's gutsy $175 million investment in the New England Patriots has paid... | Business Insider
- Danmarks Nationalbank Cuts Rates AGAIN | Business Insider
- THE BEACONS FAQ: Everything You Need To Know About Beacons And Apple's iBeacon... | Business Insider
- Amazon Stock Goes Buck Wild On Big Earnings Beat (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- How to get the best quality wine at any price point | Business Insider