Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Are Some Ugly Truths? | Altucher Confidential
- Politicians, NATO Officials Furious As Spain Plans To Refuel Russian Battle Group | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Battling Satan" - Venezuela's Desperate Opposition Tries To Sue Maduro For Creating A Dictatorship | ZeroHedge
- Stock Funds Suffer Biggest Outflow Since 2011; Hedge Funds Most Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: How Russian Soldiers Prepare For Nuclear War | ZeroHedge
- As Calais "Jungle" Burns, Refugees Try To Storm Their Way Back In | ZeroHedge
- Why Aren’t Global Markets Freaking Out Over China’s Currency? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much of your income to save every year so you'll... | Business Insider
- Mel Gibson opens up about his anti-Semitic comments: 'I was loaded and angry and... | Business Insider
- LeBron James gave the entire Cleveland Indians team custom Beats... | Business Insider
- The 25 highest-paid coaches in college football | Business Insider
- One of the first things a former Facebook exec asks job applicants helps her... | Business Insider
- 2 times Wall Street analysts already blew it this earnings season (ATHN... | Business Insider
- Southwest Airlines is getting slammed after missing on revenue and... | Business Insider