Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Things To Ponder: "Spooky" Things | ZeroHedge
- Every Penny Counts | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Regulators Easing Mortgage Credit Requirements | Financial Sense
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
- Dow Is Up 110 Points, Visa Is 120 Of Them | ZeroHedge
- Second Spaceship Crash In One Week: Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo Suffers "In-Flight Anomaly" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This Site Wants To Provide Expert Investing Insight Without The Price Tag | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Instagram Was Down, But Now It's Back | Business Insider
- Tour The Cemetery Where New York's History Is Buried | Business Insider
- The Virgin Galactic Spaceship That Crashed Was Using A New Fuel Combination... | Business Insider
- The Mobile Payment Industry Is About To Explode, With Apple Leading The Way | Business Insider