Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UBS Calls It: "The Global Credit Impulse Suddenly Collapsed To Negative" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- The 5 Key Things To Watch For In Today's Fed Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Traders Throw In The Towel On March Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 22 | ZeroHedge
- China Prepares For "Regime Collapse" In North Korea | ZeroHedge
- McCain Fingered as Major Trump Leaker | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Los Angeles Dodgers were the biggest spenders in free agency | Business Insider
- A startling number of Americans think the US will get into another major war under Trump | Business Insider
- 6 tech gadgets to help you get through your commute | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer gave an ominous warning to the marijuana... | Business Insider
- Jordan Peele explains why his horror movie about racism is what we need in the Trump era... | Business Insider
- KELLYANNE CONWAY: Feminism in the... | Business Insider
- Ikea just launched a DIY flat-pack indoor garden that can feed a whole lot of people at once | Business Insider