Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P 500 Surges To Record High As Black & Yellow Gold Battered | ZeroHedge
- Viewing Russia From the Inside | Financial Sense
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- Grow Your Way Out Of Debt? Don't Make Us Laugh...! | ZeroHedge
- There Is Hope In Understanding That A Great Economic Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- The Keynesian PhD Brigade Strikes Again: Sweden’s Riksbank Joins The ZIRP Mania | ZeroHedge
- Two NYPD Cops Murdered In "Execution Style" Ambush, Shooter Commits Suicide - Live Coverage | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After-Hours... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's What London Bankers' Year-End Bonuses Will Look Like Before The New... | Business Insider
- Bill Gates Got One Lucky Reddit User An Incredibly Thoughtful Secret Santa Gift | Business Insider
- Tunisians vote for post-revolution president | Business Insider
- Here Are The 5 Best Books Bill Gates Read In 2014 | Business Insider
- Apple Supplier Responds To Documentary Exposing Brutal... | Business Insider
- Dwyane Wade Says He Wouldn't Want To Form A 'Big 3' Again | Business Insider