Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No, Deflation Is Not A "Danger" | ZeroHedge
- The Evolution of the CPI | Financial Sense
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
- China Is Crashing … As Predicted | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Vice Reporter In Crimea Challenges Russian Soldiers: 'Are You Going To Shoot Me?' | Business Insider
- Chef Thomas Keller Responds To The Damning Health Inspection Of His $310-A-Head... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- This One Video Shows Why The A-10 Is Loved By US Troops — And Totally Feared By The Enemy | Business Insider
- Samsung Just Launched An Ad-Free, Free Music Service | Business Insider
- This HD Video From Space Is Going To Change The World | Business Insider