Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BitLicense Part 1 - Can Poorly Thought Out Regulation Drive the US Economy Back into the Dark Ages? | ZeroHedge
- Forget Shiller's CAPE, Warren Buffett's "Best Indicator" Is Flashing Bubble Red | ZeroHedge
- Russia To Ban Several McDonalds Burgers Including Royal And Filet-O-Fish | ZeroHedge
- Futures Dragged Down By Visa, Amazon Despite USDJPY Levitation | ZeroHedge
- Liberian Man Tested For Ebola In World's Fourth Most Populous City | ZeroHedge
- Following First Ebola Death Nigeria "On Red Alert", Deploys Specialists To Airports For Containment | ZeroHedge
- Number Of French Jobless Rise To New Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Stock Market Has Been Predicting Russian Crises Since 1857 | Business Insider
- 'Century Crunch' Could Put Los Angeles Through Traffic Hell This Weekend | Business Insider
- Ford Beats, GM Stalls, Eli Lilly Reports & Jim Cramer's Bank Pick | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- The First Trailer For 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Is Here And It's... | Business Insider
- General Motors and Exxon Downgraded, Under Armour Raised at UBS | TheStreet.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek