Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed's Impersonation Of The Hunt Brothers Continues | ZeroHedge
- Ride the Profitable Wave | Financial Sense
- Complete Hedge Fund Performance For November And Year To Date | ZeroHedge
- One "Big" Problem With Bitcoin... | ZeroHedge
- Black Gold Rush | iBankCoin.com
- "Bad" News Send Stocks Soaring | ZeroHedge
- On Give Tuesday, They Taketh | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter Is One Step Closer To Bringing Retargeted Ads... | Business Insider
- Now There's A Foolproof Way To Know Which Of Your Facebook Friends Hate Your Guts | Business Insider
- Guitar Center Is Proof That Big Box Retail Is Ending | Business Insider
- Here Are The States With The Most Hungry Children [MAP] | Business Insider
- Gold Is Falling Out Of Bed Again | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: NCLH ALU BP COMM SHLD PVH | TheStreet.com
- Genetic Testing Startup 23andMe CEO Says Company Didn't 'Communicate... | Business Insider