Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Initial Jobless Claims Drop Back Below Dreaded "300k" Level | ZeroHedge
- Technical Signs of a Top Forming | ZeroHedge
- 33 Strange Facts About America That Most Americans Would Be Shocked To Learn | ZeroHedge
- AIIB, SDRs, and the Yuan – Latest Developments | Financial Sense
- The Quiet Before the Storm | iBankCoin.com
- "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege | ZeroHedge
- The Double-Edged Sword of a Strong Dollar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GameStop shares are getting whacked after earnings miss expectations (GME) | Business Insider
- Watch a member of Congress do 'the worst parking job... | Business Insider
- 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- This GIF shows how China's arms exports have exploded since 2000 | Business Insider
- Nineteen hurt as blast, then fire bring down New York... | Business Insider
- 2 words will decide the fate of a key air pollution rule... | Business Insider
- Why Angela Ahrendts joined Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider