Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Breaking: The Ackman-Allergan Deal Isn’t Front Running–Not Even a Little Bit | iBankCoin.com
- I AM NOW +5% FOR THE DAY! | iBankCoin.com
- Do You Believe in CREE-mation? | iBankCoin.com
- Ackman Promised Former Herbalife Employer $3.6 Million To Become Whistleblower | ZeroHedge
- A Few Setups For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ted Cruz Won Twitter Tonight | Business Insider
- Rich Ex-Facebook Exec Is Still Working Because 'I Have Kids And I Don... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- There Are Still A Ton Of Vacant Homes In America | Business Insider
- Apple Delivered The Ultimate 'Rashomon' Earnings Report Last Night (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Larry Page Was The Editor Of A... | Business Insider
- Why Under Armour Stock Is Higher This Morning | TheStreet.com