Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Initial Jobless Claims Rise Most In 3 Months, 4-Week Average Lowest Since 2000 | ZeroHedge
- MeeT ZeRo THe WHiTeHouSe GuaRD DoG... | ZeroHedge
- Shots Fired At High School North Of Seattle; 6 Reportedly Injured, Possible 2 Fatal | ZeroHedge
- The "China-And-Japan-PMI-Beat-So-Things-Must-Be-OK" Meme In 2 Simple Charts | ZeroHedge
- A Prime Spot for an Amazon Drop | iBankCoin.com
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- 25 Banks Said To Fail European Stress Test, 10 In Talks On Capital Shortfall | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Failure Of A Major Mission In Afghanistan In Two Charts | Business Insider
- Wanderers in fairytale run to AFC Champions League final... | Business Insider
- Shooter opens fire at US school, kills self: report | Business Insider
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider
- Several Reported Injured After A Shooting At A High School In... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's PR Boss Had A Funny Response To Google's Big News (MSFT, GOOG... | Business Insider
- This Incredible Star-Shaped Superyacht Will Cost Half A Billion Dollars | Business Insider