Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shiller's CAPE – Is There A Better Measure? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns OPEC Production Cut Extension Will Backfire, Result In Lower Prices | ZeroHedge
- Is Twitter Now Censoring Drudge Report? | ZeroHedge
- Rand Plunges Most Since US Election After Zuma Aborts International Investor Roadshow | ZeroHedge
- Shell's New Permian Play Profitable At $20 A Barrel | ZeroHedge
- Top Republican Warns: "Government Shut Down Is A Real Possibility, And Wall Street Is Unprepared" | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's top archdiocese: Companies that help... | Business Insider
- The Kremlin and the White House have conflicting accounts on Jared Kushner's... | Business Insider
- Here's what you need to look out for in the markets... | Business Insider
- Trump is trying to eviscerate Obama's legacy on the... | Business Insider
- France calls on Russia to respect their own constitution... | Business Insider
- 26 things under $20 we use every day | Business Insider
- 5 details you may have missed on Sunday's episode of 'The Walking... | Business Insider