Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- The Man Who Fabricates China's Econ Data Was Arrested For "Selling Power For Sex" And "Lacking Political Faith" | ZeroHedge
- The Script: Ocwen Lawyer Spoon-Fed Foreclosure Questions and Answers to Robo-Witnesses | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
- Harvard Professor Demands Ban On $20, $50, $100 Bills | ZeroHedge
- Recession Odds Spike To 37%, JPM Calculates, Highest Yet For This Cycle | ZeroHedge
- UNLOCKING GOLD'S TRUE VALUE: The Economic Code - Finally Revealed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The story behind the 'burkini,' the swimwear for Muslim women that cities in France tried... | Business Insider
- The solar industry could explode thanks to the... | Business Insider
- Trump's campaign CEO 'doesn't like Jews,... | Business Insider
- How to find out if Bluetooth headphones are right for you | Business Insider
- 14 things to say when you get fired that you won't regret | Business Insider
- Here's what our desks say about our personalities, according to a... | Business Insider
- Bangladesh police kill 'mastermind' of Dhaka cafe... | Business Insider