Geron Corp. Shares Display Perfect Head-and-Shoulders Pattern
What a site, Geron Corp. (NASDAQ:GERN) shares are displaying a beautiful head-and-shoulders pattern. From $5 a share in May to $9 in July then back down to $5 level today. Stem Cells were all the rage a few months ago, now they've just lost steam.
Geron is the company that made news with its stem cell therapy showing benefits in treating spine injuries in rodents' cervical region.
Geron's experimental therapy, GRNOPC1 had earlier run into safety problems as rodents being treated for spinal cord injury in the thoracic region developed a kind of tumor in the animal studies, which prompted the U.S. health regulator to put an early-stage trial on hold.
Data from the current animal study could be used to release the clinical hold and testing the therapy in patients with spinal injuries in the cervical region, the Food and Drug Administration had said in October.
Last month, the stem cell research company said GRNOPC1, reduced tissue damage and improved recovery of nerve function in the proof-of-concept study.
Seven days after injury, rodents treated with GRNOPC1 did not have a cavity in the spinal cord, had more preserved nerve units, and more neurons with their protective covering myelin, Geron said.
Back to the head-and-shoulders pattern, here's a larger view of the chart thanks to finviz.com. So could the stock be a bottom? You make the call.
Disclaimer: No positions in GERN.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FX Markets In Turmoil On Scottish Vote & Japan Economic Downgrade | ZeroHedge
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
- Yesterday's Late-Day Buying Panic In Stocks Was The Biggest In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Germany Issues 2Y Note At Record Low Yield Of -7bps | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Yellen Press Conference Post-Mortem: "Few Surprises" | ZeroHedge
- Australia Stunned After ISIS Plan To "Publicly Behead Random Person In Sydney" Foiled | ZeroHedge
- Got (Record-High-Priced) Milk? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One Of The Best Android Keyboard Apps Is Finally Available For The iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- IT'S OFFICIAL: ALIBABA WILL BE THE LARGEST IPO EVER (BABA, YHOO) | Business Insider
- Get Read For The Fed's New Dots | Business Insider
- YouTube Is Paying Millions To Keep Its Biggest Stars On... | Business Insider
- Here's How We Might Know Very Early On Which Way... | Business Insider
- What An MLB Strike Zone Really Looks Like And Why Players Are Always So Mad About It | Business Insider
- The House Just Passed A Key Part Of Obama's ISIS Plan | Business Insider