Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japanese Unemployment Jumps To Worst In 2014 As Household Spending & Retail Sales Drop For 3rd Month | ZeroHedge
- The Panic Containment Team Speaks: Ebola Poses "Little Risk" To The US, CDC Claims: Is It Wrong? | ZeroHedge
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Why China Couldn't Care Less About Its Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- The One Rate That Is Not Only Not Going Down, But Is At A 13-Year High | ZeroHedge
- High-Yield Credit Hits 10-Week Wides As Stocks Bounceback To Unch | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- $200 Steaks, $30 Coffee? Some Of Our Favorite Foods Could Skyrocket In... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Is Predicting A Massive GDP Report | Business Insider
- You're Probably Better Off Buying Amazon Stock Than Apple | TheStreet.com
- Uber Will Now Let Your Employer Pick Up Your Tab For Business Trips | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple's Tablet Market Share Has Fallen... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- These Photos Offer An Intimate Glimpse At What WWI Trench Warfare Really Looked Like... | Business Insider