Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Russia Is Preparing For WWIII | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Shrug As USDJPY, Crude, PMs Slide After Disappointing GDP Print | ZeroHedge
- Disillusioned Democrats & The Demise Of Democracy In America | ZeroHedge
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Exposing Detroit's "No School Administrator Left Behind" Program | ZeroHedge
- Forget Chinese Commodity Speculators, Meet North America's "Moms-and-Millennials" Oil Day-Traders | ZeroHedge
- "I'm Going To Stick With This Right To The End" - French President Hollande Threatens Union Protesters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oil rig count resumes its slide (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- 'El Chapo' is appealing a decision... | Business Insider
- It sounds like one of the most anticipated games of the year has experienced a... | Business Insider
- This exclusive report reveals the ABCs of the IoT | Business Insider
- A minimalist shares 17 tips for decluttering your life | Business Insider
- Scientifically proven features men find attractive in women | Business Insider
- Apple is working on an AI system that wipes the floor with Google and everyone else (AAPL)... | Business Insider