Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed's Message, Simplified: Shortest FOMC Statement Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- How AT&T Just "Beat" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Gives Up AAPL-Bounce Gains, Dow Negative Post-QE3 | ZeroHedge
- Currency Wars - Russia Buys 20.7 Tonnes Of Gold In December; Netherlands Refutes IMF Gold Data | ZeroHedge
- Dow Plunges 360 Points, Erases All Post-QE Gains | ZeroHedge
- Fired Before Hired: How Corporations Rigged The Job Market And Killed The American Dream | ZeroHedge
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UK Growth Slowed Right Down In The Final Quarter Of 2014 | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Robbers Stole Wells Fargo's Historic Gold... | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman Has Gained $11.6 Billion For His Investors Since 2004 | Business Insider
- 4 Stocks Have Hacked 100 Points Off The Dow (MSFT, CAT, UTX, PG, DIA) | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple Patented ‘Interactive Holograms’ At Least 2 Years Ago (AAPL) | Business Insider