Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy The F**king Terrorist Attack Dip? | ZeroHedge
- Bank Bloodbath Batters Stocks; Bonds, Bullion Bounce As Trumpcare Vote Doubts Rise | ZeroHedge
- THe CaSTaWaY... | ZeroHedge
- Breslow: "Memo To Traders: The Fed Is Making This Up As They Go Along" | ZeroHedge
- The Unwind of the Trump Trade Has Begun (Markets Wake Up to GDP of 2% for 2017) | ZeroHedge
- Art Bubble Pops As Sales Crash To Lowest Level Since 'Great Recession' | ZeroHedge
- How Antonio Lee Snuck A Fake $3.6 Trillion Acquisition Past The SEC | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A massive 1970s restoration project stripped valuable... | Business Insider
- Nintendo won't admit the Switch controllers are broken, but they'... | Business Insider
- SpaceX may be about to dramatically cut the cost of launching stuff into orbit | Business Insider
- THE SHIP-FROM-STORE REPORT: Why legacy retailers need to rethink the purpose of their brick-... | Business Insider
- A professor built an AI teaching assistant for... | Business Insider
- Apple's new iPhone cases make me wish I had an iPhone 7 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Norway was just ranked the happiest country in the world | Business Insider