Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Monkey-Hammered, Crude Clubbed As Nasdaq Surges | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Blue Jasmine | iBankCoin.com
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Based on the Non-Massaged Data, China is Growing at 3% at Best | ZeroHedge
- China’s New Investment Bank: A Premature Prophecy | Financial Sense
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Didn’t Really Lose Much Money | iBankCoin.com
- Presenting De-Dollarization In One Simple Map | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the real reason that HSBC may ditch... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Here's everything we know about Tesla's big... | Business Insider
- The US has a National Raisin Reserve, and its existence is being threatened... | Business Insider
- BRUCE JENNER: 'I'm not gay, I'm heterosexual' | Business Insider
- VW patriarch and board chairman Piech resigns | Business Insider
- How Jack Ma is making millionaires in rural China where there’s no... | Business Insider