Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Feb 19, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Fake Data": Economists Concerned Trump Administration Will Adopt 'Alternative' Economic Facts | ZeroHedge
- This Oil Nation Aims To Colonize Mars | ZeroHedge
- The Three Lives Of Alan Greenspan... And Why The Third Won't Redeem The Second | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Theory of Relativity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A CEO says too many executives make the same leadership mistake | Business Insider
- British officials think Russia was behind a plot to... | Business Insider
- THE RETAILER... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The 12 cities with the most trees around the world | Business Insider