Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman "Picks Apart" The Labor Paradigm: 50 Years Of A Productivity Paradox | ZeroHedge
- President Hillary Clinton Will Oppose Crude Oil Exports | Financial Sense
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
- Futures Slump On Lack Of Chinese Euphoria Despite More Terrible Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- The Myth of Retiring Baby Boomers | Financial Sense
- Oct 9 - FOMC Mins: Fed Held Off On Hike Amid Worries About Low Inflation | ZeroHedge
- How I Used The Force To Save My Business | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angela Merkel is the favourite to win the Nobel Peace Prize | Business Insider
- NFL Week 5: Here's who wins this weekend | Business Insider
- Microsoft has almost twice as many data experts as Facebook | Business Insider
- The Latest: Romanian president warns of reaction to... | Business Insider
- Ben Carson: Hitler may have been stopped if the German public were armed | Business Insider
- Lumber Liquidators has reached a $10 million settlement with the DOJ and... | Business Insider
- Senate Democrats preparing legislative package to curb... | Business Insider