Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: October 24 | ZeroHedge
- How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind | ZeroHedge
- The US Military Lied To Thousands Of Soldiers (And Now Veterans Are Paying for It) | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Politics Of Rage | ZeroHedge
- Largest Dow Component 3M Reports In Line Earnings, Cuts Top End Of Guidance | ZeroHedge
- How One Billionaire Became A Gold Bug | ZeroHedge
- BofA Explains Why US Consumers Are Spending Less, Saving More | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A handful of giant investors have the fate of the bond market in their hands... | Business Insider
- The 'Apple of China' just showed us what the iPhone 8... | Business Insider
- The Trump campaign says it will host a nightly Facebook Live show until election day | Business Insider
- The voting rights fight you haven't heard of | Business Insider
- People who travel alone might actually be more intelligent | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The Air Force has plans to make one of its drones even more deadly | Business Insider