Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- CNN Yesterday: Hillary Health Concerns 'Sexist'; CNN Today: Questions Trump's Health | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Trump Vs. Hillary Summarized | ZeroHedge
- Vice Chairman Of South Korea Conglomerate Lotte Hangs Himself Hours Before Criminal Probe | ZeroHedge
- The Broken Chessboard: Brzezinski Gives Up On Empire | ZeroHedge
- How Long Will It Take For The ECB To Own All Sovereign Debt Of Spain, Germany, France? | ZeroHedge
- The Market for Autonomous Vehicles Revs Up | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- A cash-strapped Spanish town found a clever way to replace its... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Ivanka Trump predicts what the most... | Business Insider
- Here's everything coming to Netflix in September that you must watch | Business Insider
- Joey Bosa's representatives speak out, accuse Chargers... | Business Insider