Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Friday Humor: Windows 10 | ZeroHedge
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Warns Of Risk Of Major Conflict, Says Dollar Losing Reserve Currency Status | ZeroHedge
- I GRANT YOU TWENTY NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft's PR Boss Had A Funny Response To Google's Big News (MSFT, GOOG... | Business Insider
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider
- Giants' Hudson hungry for baseball World Series start | Business Insider
- Work At BI — Front-End Developer / Web Design Opening - CLONE | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- The desperate struggle of Pakistan's polio 'martyrs... | Business Insider
- Woman Quarantined In New Jersey Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider