Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Alternative Measures Suggest Weaker Economy | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Gold & Bond Yields Slide As Stocks Continue Hawkish Surge | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market is the Terminator | ZeroHedge
- "A Random Straight Line On Wall Street" | ZeroHedge
- Liberian Police Open Fire On Ebola Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Trouble In Socialist Paradise: Maduro Rating Plummets As Shoppers Prepare To Be Fingerprinted | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trian Management Key in Dollar General's War With Family Dollar | TheStreet.com
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- This Is The Heartbreaking ALS... | Business Insider
- Why Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff Paid $390 Million For A Startup Valued At $... | Business Insider
- BANK OF AMERICA AGREES TO PAY $16.65 BILLION SETTLEMENT | Business Insider
- A Local Services Startup Just Raised $100 Million From Google Capital... | Business Insider
- 4 Reasons Sears Is Headed Straight For Death | Business Insider