Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SEE ME | iBankCoin.com
- Universities Feel the Gales of Creative Destruction | Financial Sense
- Coke Blows Up Guidance, Is Latest Consumer Bellwether And Buffett Favorite To Disappoint, Stock Stumbles | ZeroHedge
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Staring Into the Big Blue Abyss | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- These Last 6 Months Were The Warmest Humans Have Ever Recorded On Earth... | Business Insider
- EU's Barroso warns Britain against bloc exit | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Silliest Reason In History To Sell Your Stocks | Business Insider
- Turkey says aiding Iraqi Kurdish fighters to cross... | Business Insider