Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities For Rising Home Prices | ZeroHedge
- "It’s A Lot More Negative Than People Think" - China Beige Book Issues Stark Warning About The Economy | ZeroHedge
- How Republicans Rob People Of Their Right To Vote | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- Bonds Are a Potential Powder Keg in the “New Normal” | Financial Sense
- Billionaires 'Bunker'-Down For Trumpocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers, Major UK Construction Firm CEO Warns | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 office rules that make the best employees quit | Business Insider
- The DEA paid $9 million to 'deactivated' sources | Business Insider
- Rent the Runway is eliminating bonuses for its 950... | Business Insider
- Amazon is giving college kids a chance to win up to $2.5 million with a voice-... | Business Insider
- Behind the life and death of a star money manager accused of insider... | Business Insider
- The 7 things most likely to kill you | Business Insider
- Aston Martin just revealed its first luxury boat — but it costs a lot more than one of its... | Business Insider