Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $TWTR | iBankCoin.com
- MoRon MoRoN MoRoN! | ZeroHedge
- Do You Believe in CREE-mation? | iBankCoin.com
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money | Altucher Confidential
- EU Confidence Hits 7-Year High (Just Don't Tell The Record Number Of Unemployed) | ZeroHedge
- BoToX ACTiViSM... | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Horrendous Home Sales Report: It Snowed Everywhere But In The Northeast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Jeb Bush Admits He's 'Thinking About Running For... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Zuckerberg Admits: 'Instagram Is A Few Years From Being An Important Business... | Business Insider
- Obama Is Eating At The Legendary 'Jiro Dreams Of Sushi' Restaurant | Business Insider
- NYC First Major U.S. City in Decades to Embrace Battery Storage Installations | TheStreet.com
- 3 Red Sox Players Slept At Fenway Park Sunday Night To Avoid Monday-Morning Traffic | Business Insider
- Netflix's International Expansion Strategy Is Working | Business Insider