Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BaN THe BRo... | ZeroHedge
- EU Demands Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft Cede to Their Anti-Hate Speech Laws | ZeroHedge
- Angry Dems Play The Blame Game Over Hillary Loss As the Infighting Escalates | ZeroHedge
- Here's My Shocked Face | ZeroHedge
- Apple Officially Enters Self-Driving Car Race | ZeroHedge
- Total Initated 'Buy' Following ~6% Return In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Italian Bank Warns 30 Times For A Bail-In If The NO Camp Wins The Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fidel Castro's ashes have been laid to rest, capping 9 days of official... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's 'strange' morning habit tells you... | Business Insider
- 'The discoveries are terrible': One of Mexico's most violent... | Business Insider
- 10 things I wish someone had told me when I was 20 | Business Insider
- Great lunch options from McDonald's, Starbucks, and 13... | Business Insider
- 'THE UNITED STATES IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS':... | Business Insider
- The Broncos' new quarterback recreated Peyton Manning's... | Business Insider