Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Probably Something" - Gold Surges Above $1200; USDJPY, Oil, Stocks Plunge | ZeroHedge
- As Goldman Risk Explodes, President Says "No One Should Question Viability Of US Banks" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Reveals Which "Developments To Financial Stability" It Is Most Worried About | ZeroHedge
- Race To Bottom Enters Final Lap: ECB Will Cut To -0.7% In June, JPM Predicts | ZeroHedge
- The Economy In Pictures: We've Seen This All Before | ZeroHedge
- The Growth "Story" Is Over: Amazon Authorizes $5 Billion Stock Buyback | ZeroHedge
- Nine Dead, Hundreds Injured As German Trains Collide Head On | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Stanford professor says the 'gun test' can help you make... | Business Insider
- Celebrating Broncos fans got duped by an ESPN correspondent pretending to be a player... | Business Insider
- We tried Burger King's new hot dog — here's the one issue the chain needs to... | Business Insider
- A skier whipped his iPhone around his head on a string to create this incredible... | Business Insider
- Syrian rebels may have used US-made... | Business Insider
- The Yahoo layoffs have begun | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, DJI, IXIC, SPX... | Business Insider