Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- The Real 'Reset' Button | ZeroHedge
- Russia Confirms Troop Build-Up Near Ukraine; Warns West, More Sanctions "Absolutely Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Reports Are Not Yet Confirming Slowdown Was All Weather Related | Financial Sense
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- Retail Sales Surge on Spring Thaw | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Realtor's Video Reveals Why Commercial Drone Use Is Going To Be Huge | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER: 'Protect My... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- The Heartbleed Bug Is Mostly Fixed, But There Are Still More Than 20,000 Websites Vulnerable | Business Insider
- Syrian Rebels Are Being Armed With US-Made Anti-Tank Missiles | Business Insider
- Former Commander Of Navy's Elite Blue Angels Relieved Of Duty | Business Insider
- Why Does Grease Make Paper Translucent? | Business Insider