Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yen Carry Slides In Early Pre-Open Trading | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- Former US Defense Secretary Gates Admits "Crimea Will Not Slip Out Of Russia's Hands" | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- Enter the Inter | Financial Sense
- China Is Crashing … As Predicted | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Grover Norquist Is Open To Eliminating The Carried Interest Loophole | Business Insider
- The Latest Evidence That Apple Will Release A 4K Display This Year | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- 13 Things You Didn't Know Guys Were Doing On Pinterest | Business Insider
- 11 Video Games From The 1980s That Are Better Than Games Today | Business Insider