Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chile con Bottom Recipe | iBankCoin.com
- Congress Brings Socialism To America With This Proposed Law | ZeroHedge
- Overnight Futures Levitation Mode Engaged But Subdued | ZeroHedge
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- In Potentially "Lethal Blow" For Obamacare, US Appeals Court Finds Insurance Subsidies Invalid In Most States | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Business Outlook: Fifth Month of Growth | Financial Sense
- Russia Says Has Photos Of Ukraine Deploying BUK Missiles In East, Radar Proof Of Warplanes In MH17 Vicinity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Where Facebook's Money Comes From | Business Insider
- A Tree In India Is Bigger Than The Average Wal-Mart | Business Insider
- Four Important Charts From Apple's Earnings | Business Insider
- Michael Bloomberg Accuses Wolf Blitzer Of Insulting America... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- It's Obvious That An Independent Scotland Just Won't Be... | Business Insider
- FEDERAL APPEALS COURT DEALS POTENTIALLY HUGE BLOW TO OBAMACARE | Business Insider