Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- First Sell-Side Responses To FOMC Trickle In: "This Should Be A Risk Off Trade" | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Warns: Fed's "Vote Of Confidence In US Economy" Means Mid-2015 Rate Hike Possibility | ZeroHedge
- Today Might Be a Super Gay Day | iBankCoin.com
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 30 | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- THe ReTuRN OF ALaN GReeDSPaM... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There Are 48 Billion Reasons Why Retailers Are Going To War With Apple (AAPL, WMT) | Business Insider
- Meet Our New West Coast Bureau Chief, Matt Rosoff | Business Insider
- The Most Frustrating Part Of Tim Cook's 'I'm Proud To Be... | Business Insider
- Europe Is Still At Risk Despite A Jump In Inflation | Business Insider
- Only One Wall Street Economist Expects Mexico To Cut Rates Friday | Business Insider
- 5 Things You Need To Do If You're In Customer Service | Business Insider
- Iraqi peshmerga groups link up in Turkey border town: AFP... | Business Insider