Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Update on Gold and Silver | iBankCoin.com
- Spot The Trend In US Durable Goods And CapEx Spending | ZeroHedge
- The Latest "Inflation Evasion" Scam: Bars Serving Caramelized Rubbing Alcohol Instead Of Scotch | ZeroHedge
- Are Covert Operations Underway In The Global Currency Wars? | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Dive Most In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- What Could End the Rally in U.S. High-Yield Credit? | Financial Sense
- Hot Money, Cold Credit | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Financial Lessons We Learned By Watching 'Arrested Development'... | Business Insider
- Japan Denies... | Business Insider
- CHART: Teens Are Sharing More Of Their Data On Social Media | Business Insider
- Sweet Minimalist Movie Posters Of Your All-Time Favorite Flicks | Business Insider
- We're Only Beginning To Understand How Our Brain Tracks The Physical World Around... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Markets Are Lower After Another Insane Day In Japan | Business Insider