Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Refugees Are Admitted Into The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Are These The Tankers Bilal Erdogan Uses To Transport ISIS Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Argentines Stumped By Mystery Trucks Loaded With $130 Million In "High Denomination" Bills | ZeroHedge
- And The First To Admit Defeat In Currency Wars Is... | ZeroHedge
- ISIS: Oil as a Strategic Weapon | ZeroHedge
- Which Stocks Are Cheap? | ZeroHedge
- EU Reaches Deal With Turkey, Will Pay €3 Billion To Stem Refugee Outflow But Not Everyone Wants To Pay Up | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Singer Sinead O'Connor 'threatens suicide'... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Leaders, activists gather for climate talks | Business Insider
- British Museum to launch exhibit of Egypt's '... | Business Insider
- Calm before the storm as Paris prepares for climate... | Business Insider
- FBI arrests Chicago student after race revenge threat | Business Insider
- China's Xi heads to Zimbabwe ahead of Africa summit | Business Insider
- Automakers are about to do something in the... | Business Insider