Stocks Down on Spailout News (Again)
Stocks fell hard this morning and are trying to recover as the market processes the news that Spain is out of money. At this point who really cares but the Bears are out in full force preying on volatility and fear of a market collapse. The iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) is up 8% today and is the weapon of choice for traders.
If you haven't lost interest already the market is down because Spain sucks. The euro has once again hit bottom and Spain needs money fast. Spain is the 4th member of the EU that needs a quick loan or 'Spailout'.
Investors sold off assets viewed as riskier and fled to the perceived safety of U.S., British and German government debt and the U.S. dollar as the concerns about economic growth and the plight of Spain drove investment decisions.
The winning trade for the next 15 minutes is the VXX, here's a look:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
- The Interview Is "Desperately Unfunny", "Will Flop" If Not Cancelled According To Leaked Sony Emails | ZeroHedge
- OH YEAH | iBankCoin.com
- "Q4 GDP Below 2%, December Payrolls Under 200,000" Markit Warns As Service PMI Crashes To 10-Month Low | ZeroHedge
- Archaea Capital's 5 Bad Trades To Avoid Next Year | ZeroHedge
- Last Minute Fizzle Fails To Dent Best 3-Day Stock Surge In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- United States Of Newspeak – Obama Spins Executive Orders As "Presidential Memoranda" To Avoid Scrutiny | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Aussies edge ahead of India with Smith ton | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Barbara Corcoran On What Drives Her, What She Invests In... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- SONY FIRES BACK AT OBAMA: 'We Are Still Looking Into... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The First Footage Of The World's Deepest Fish Doesn't Look Like... | Business Insider
- NASA's Incredible, Futuristic, And Totally Real Plan To Establish A Human Colony On Venus | Business Insider