Invest like a Hedge Fund with a New ETF
For just $24 a share you to can buy into the AlphaClone Alternative Alpha ETF (NYSE:ALFA) and reap the benefits of investing like a hedge fund. The catch is the trades are made after the big boys have published their filings, so in essence you are chasing the fumes of big money.
However traders may warm up to the 'Hedge Fund Alternative ETF' if it can demonstrate results. The fund launched last week, its down almost 4% including today's 1% fall. The fund tracks the top performing hedge funds and makes its stocks picks based from 13F filings from the best hedge fund managers. ALFA even goes short provided the S&P 500 closes at less than its 200-day moving average after 30 days. The fund moves from 100% long to 50% long and 50% short. The short bet will be made with buying into an inverse fund, like the ProShares Short S&P500 (ETF) (NYSE:SH). Read all about it at their website AlphaClone Funds.
Their method has been backtested and they say the ETF has an annualized return of 17% for its strategy when compared from 2011 through 2011. Time will tell if it really works now that we can watch the ticker 'ALFA' that trades on the NYSE. The fund is making its bets from 13F filings which means the actual trades could months old by the time ALFA buys in.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Whatever the case, its an tempting investing opportunity for those of us without millions to invest in hedge funds. Time will tell if this automated and runner-up method will hit a 17% return in 2012. If it does, Mastery will line up their dollars in 2013 and click buy on ALFA without hesitation.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Weekend Reading: The Coin Flip Market | ZeroHedge
- Did the Market Just Hit a Barrier? | Financial Sense
- 76-Year-Old Veteran Kills Himself In VA Parking Lot After Being Denied Treatment | ZeroHedge
- Dutch Central Bank Refuses To Publish Gold Bar List For Dubious Reasons | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Another Canary In The Coal Mine... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber has handed a hot finance Wall Street startup a huge... | Business Insider
- 6 of the best wallets you can buy for under $100 right now | Business Insider
- 8 podcasts that could radically change your commute for the... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Everything we expect Apple to announce at its event on in September (... | Business Insider
- A drone revolution may have just begun on a farm in... | Business Insider
- Life expectancy in Syria has dropped by 6 years | Business Insider