Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- The Cult Of Central Banking Is Dead In The Water | ZeroHedge
- MaY DaY MaY DaY MaY DaY…2016 | ZeroHedge
- THe BuTT oF HiS OWN JoKe... | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Why Socialism Will Always Fail | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A German city embedded traffic lights in its sidewalks to protect... | Business Insider
- We tested Roku’s newest streaming dongle — and it’s clearly the best... | Business Insider
- This guy just got one of the hardest jobs at Google (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- The 6 basic elements of a thriving relationship | Business Insider
- JOBS WEEK IS HERE: Here's your full preview of a big week for the US economy | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- America has been drinking out of 'the worst thing that ever... | Business Insider