Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Uses the Refugee Crisis to Weaken Merkel | ZeroHedge
- Global Markets Stunned By Biggest Japan Crash Since 2013; All Eyes On Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- US Consumer Is the Last Defense Against Strong Dollar Drag on the Economy | Financial Sense
- The Claws of Systemic Risk Are Popping Once Again | Financial Sense
- "Jingle Mail" Makes Comeback In Canada As Underwater Borrowers Mail Keys Back To Banks | ZeroHedge
- The Walking Dead: Something Is Rotten In The Banking System | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Musk on the Model X: 'I'm not sure Tesla will make a car like this again... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 7 signs you have bad credit | Business Insider
- Phil Jackson tweeted a bizarre, 400-word thesis about 'self-... | Business Insider
- Here's how good con artists are able to trick you every time | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton sounded a lot like Bernie Sanders... | Business Insider
- Taiwan developer arrested after building collapse that killed at... | Business Insider