Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Rebellion Is Real; Brexit Was Merely A Warning | ZeroHedge
- What the Bond Market Is Telling Investors | Financial Sense
- Hillary's Lead Over Trump Is Either 1% Or 12% Depending On Which Poll You Believe | ZeroHedge
- A Tale Of Two Asset Classes: Gold Miners Soar, Banks Crash | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Lays Out "The Worst Case" | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Plunges Below 2,000 Level, Biggest Drop Since August Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Barron's: Goldman shares could rise 30% over the... | Business Insider
- We tried granola bars made... | Business Insider
- The Justice Department is going to... | Business Insider
- Netflix is trying to solve a big problem: there's no Harry Potter for... | Business Insider
- 32 photos that show how obsessed Japan is with minimalism | Business Insider
- These scenes were the best part of 'Game of Thrones' season six — and we want... | Business Insider
- What the subway looks like in 13 different countries around the... | Business Insider