Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Reminder About the New Weekly Strategy Session Look | iBankCoin.com
- Smart People Listen To Radiohead, Dumb People Listen To Beyoncé, Study Finds | ZeroHedge
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- The Market Says Markit Is Full Of It: Global PMIs Are Painting An Unrealistically Rosy Picture | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Caterpillar Just Blew Away Q3 Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Get A Dancer's Body | Business Insider
- IS attack on Syrian border town Kobane stalls... | Business Insider
- Alcobra Applies Revisionist History to ADHD Drug Study Analysis | TheStreet.com
- US automaker Ford starts luxury Lincoln sales in China | Business Insider
- E-Commerce Sales Could Top $100 Billion During The Holidays — Here’s... | Business Insider
- Designer Transforms Old Apple Computers Into Modern... | Business Insider
- STOCKS RALLY TO END THEIR BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA... | Business Insider