Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- $20 Oil Looms As Iran-Nuclear Deal Nears Deadline | ZeroHedge
- "Market Timing" Explained In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece's Debt Odious? | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Startling Student Debt Numbers That Every Young Person Should See | ZeroHedge
- Lynn Tilton Charged By SEC For CLO Fraud, As Warned Here Nearly Two Years Ago | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Earnings estimates haven't declined by this much since the financial crisis (SPY,... | Business Insider
- Stocks are getting crushed (SPX, DJI, IXIC, USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Meet McLaren's newest answer to Ferrari and... | Business Insider
- Play Pac-Man in Google Maps with this secret April Fool... | Business Insider
- One NFL-to-Los Angeles scenario that's gaining steam has the Oakland... | Business Insider
- Iraq forces retake government HQ in Tikrit from IS | Business Insider
- Motorsports Monday: Ferrari is back! | Business Insider