Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Bucket Economics" For Global Macro Investing | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Suggest Invoking The 25th Amendment Unless Trump "Gets A Grip" | ZeroHedge
- CNN’s Don Lemon Triggered After Guest Calls His Segment ‘Fake News’ | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Stunning Truth About How Students Are Spending Loan Cash | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- NSC Official Fired For Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Angry Protesters Demand That Trump "STOP Attacking Women, Muslims, Immigrants, LGBTQ+, Journalists..." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Julian Assange's fate hinges on Ecuador's elections | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- The new Acura NSX reset our expectations of what a supercar can be | Business Insider
- Here is every single Pokémon currently in Pokémon Go | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The Senate is investigating Russian... | Business Insider