Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Home Prices Are Out Of Hand Again" | ZeroHedge
- Charlotte Police Release Dashcam, Body-Cam Footage Of Keith Scott's Death, Chief Says "Absolutely" Had A Gun | ZeroHedge
- Eric Peters: "In The End, Central Banking Monetary Magic Is All Nonsense, Empty Formulas, Illusions" | ZeroHedge
- Recession Watch: US Freight Drops To Worst Level Since 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Caves To Pressure On Migrant Policy: "Germany Has Done Enough", As Support For AfD Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Charlotte Police Release Mugshots Of Captured Looters As Protests Continue For Fifth Night | ZeroHedge
- "It's Serious Business" - Trump VP Pence Confirms Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend "Will Not Be At Debate" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- RANKED: The 30 most creative people in advertising 2016 | Business Insider
- Here's how the world's most iconic brands have... | Business Insider
- A surprising discovery points to exciting new possibilities for alien... | Business Insider
- Here's what Americans really think of election coverage | Business Insider
- Facebook's go-to management guide dispels a common myth... | Business Insider
- This is the best tech upgrade I’ve ever made, and it only cost... | Business Insider