Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market | Financial Sense
- After Golfing, Obama Holds Late Ebola Meeting - Guess Who Missed It (Again)! | ZeroHedge
- Orwell Was Only Wrong About The Date | ZeroHedge
- Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- "Ebola Cruise" Returns To Texas After Suspected Healthcare Worker Cleared | ZeroHedge
- Earnings on Deck | iBankCoin.com
- Our New Robot Overlords & The Third Type Of Capital | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US military airdrops weapons, ammunition to Kurds near... | Business Insider
- Clasico not decisive, says Barca boss Enrique | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Iraq MPs finally approve defence, interior ministers | Business Insider
- Why Democrats Aren't Boasting About Their Biggest... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com