Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FED Water-boy Hilsenrath carries the FOMC Gatorade | ZeroHedge
- High Beta And Yield Celebrate Lehman 6 Year Anniversary By Plunging | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Take On China's "Stealth QE" | ZeroHedge
- The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) Bond: Nondisclosure Agreement Creates Two Classes of Bondholders | ZeroHedge
- LISTEN TO ME NOW: IT’S APRIL ALL OVER AGAIN | iBankCoin.com
- Louis-Vincent Gave: Asia Best Looking Market Right Now | Financial Sense
- Over 1000 US, NATO Troops Begin Military Exercises In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Olive Garden Issues Response To Devastating Presentation (DRI) | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- 75 years on, Polish brothers relive Soviet invasion | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: One Simple Phenomenon Explains Why Scotland... | Business Insider
- INSTAGRAM DEMOGRAPHICS: The Top Statistics That Make The App's Audience So Attractive... | Business Insider
- UN says $1.0 billion needed to fight Ebola | Business Insider
- Reinstated NFL star Peterson says 'I'm not a child... | Business Insider