Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Energy Storage Tech Finally Starting to Compete With the Grid | Financial Sense
- China Plunges Most In Three Months, Pushing "Black Friday" Into The Red For Global Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey After Russia Releases Video Of S-400 SAM Deployment In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: China Builds A Bridge In Just 43 Hours | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 and Counting, Texas Likely to See Massive Layoffs Soon | Financial Sense
- Winning, but Losing, at the Penny-Pitch: A Look at the Coming Collapse of the European Union | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Polish experts analyzing data concerning alleged Nazi... | Business Insider
- Why stock-picking is a dangerous game (SPX, SPY, DJI, IXIC, QQQ) | Business Insider
- 13 tips to eliminate debt from regular people who paid off thousands | Business Insider
- Bruins extend streak with 4-3 win over Rangers | Business Insider
- Switzerland is about to launch a huge experiment in '... | Business Insider
- One of Europe's top venture capitalists says... | Business Insider
- Tunisia identifies suicide bomber as local street vendor | Business Insider