Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 30 Year Yield Drops Below 3.00% As Richmond Fed Tumbles Most Since 2006 | ZeroHedge
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
- Michael Brown's Parents (And Al Sharpton) Address Media: Investigation Was 'Broken' - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Presenting North America's Most Frustrating Airports | ZeroHedge
- I Bought The $HABT | iBankCoin.com
- Just 8 Numbers | ZeroHedge
- American Spring Night 2: Coast-To-Coast Protests, "We Have Every Right To Destroy A System That Seeks To Destroy Us" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Messi breaks record, Suarez breaks duck | Business Insider
- Meet Sparc, The Apple Store Of Marijuana Shops | Business Insider
- AMERICA BEATS EXPECTATIONS (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Most US HIV cases not under control | Business Insider
- A Big Thanksgiving Storm Is Heading For The East Coast — Here's What To Expect | Business Insider
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson police... | Business Insider
- This Hilarious Video Shows A Robot Escaping From A Locked Room | Business Insider