Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- El-Erian Warns "Investors Are Underestimating Sudden Policy Shifts" | ZeroHedge
- Doomsday Bunkers Of The Rich & Famous: "You Need So Many Things To Ride Out The Apocalypse" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
- Trump’s Inauguration: A Typical Norwegian Response To A Historical Event | ZeroHedge
- Kunstler Warns "Disassembly Of This Vast Array Of Rackets Will Cause Dangerous Friction" | ZeroHedge
- Rubio Saves Tillerson Confirmation In 11-10 Vote | ZeroHedge
- As Dollar Slides, Equity Generalists "Are Increasingly Uncomfortable" With Reflation Trades | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Qualcomm plunges 12% on word of Apple's $1 billion lawsuit (QCOM,... | Business Insider
- UK Prime Minister May to discuss trade, NATO as first foreign... | Business Insider
- The Patriots are the betting favorite to win Super Bowl LI over the... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Something mysterious is killing 11,000 nearby galaxies | Business Insider
- 24 examples of Aaron Rodgers' insane competitiveness | Business Insider
- Like everything else at college, campus dining halls have become... | Business Insider