Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The False Promises Of 2% Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Rates May Stay at Zero Bound Longer with 2015 Dovish-Leaning FOMC | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- Contrarians Take Note: Investors Betting Big on Stocks | Financial Sense
- SCaMDaLF THe MuNiFiCeNT... | ZeroHedge
- The Burning Questions For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- What Hindenburg Omens and an Oil Crash Mean | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 Most Unforgettable Photos Of 2014 | Business Insider
- 6 Things Power Couples Do To Make Love Last While Conquering The World | Business Insider
- Amazing Folk Tale Map Reveals The Deep Links Between Cultures | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Russia's Migrant Workers Are Leaving | Business Insider
- Amazon Prime Now Promises One-Hour Delivery of 'Daily Essentials' | TheStreet.com
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek