Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Deez Nuts Is Actually Critically Important For The Future Of The Country | ZeroHedge
- Forget the Sept. '15 Fed Tightening – There Has Been a Stealth Tightening Since Sept. '14 | Financial Sense
- For Albert Edwards This Is The One Definitive Measure That "We Are Now In A Bear Market" | ZeroHedge
- ANOTHER 100 NASDAQS | iBankCoin.com
- Do Markets Determine the Value of the RMB? | Financial Sense
- The 1% Rule for Creating All Habits | Altucher Confidential
- IT’S NOT A GAME ANYMORE | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Louisiana State Police: Police officer shot in... | Business Insider
- Brooke Burke-Charvet to co-host Miss America pageant | Business Insider
- Argentine mom hopes pope will help get son off death row | Business Insider
- Obama Foundation begins search for Chicago library... | Business Insider
- Minneapolis building to get giant mural featuring Bob... | Business Insider
- Smoke grounds aircraft battling some Washington wildfires... | Business Insider
- US decathlete Trey Hardee out of worlds with back injury | Business Insider