Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Understanding Societal Collapse: Warnings From Venezuela's Crisis | ZeroHedge
- A June Fed Funds Rate Hike Risks a September Economic Stall | Financial Sense
- In Dramatic Outcome, Austria's Right Wing Presidential Candidate Is Defeated Thanks To Postal Votes | ZeroHedge
- BlackLiesMatter - Activist Group Leader Arrested For Sex Trafficking, Blames "Conservative Trolls" | ZeroHedge
- Buy Gold As “Extremely Low-Risk Asset” – Rogoff Advice To Creditor Nations | ZeroHedge
- Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers? | ZeroHedge
- South Africa's Standard Bank Victim Of "Perfectly Coordinated Attack" In Japanese ATM Scam | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the most important rule to follow if you want to avoid buying a fake... | Business Insider
- 2 former Navy SEALs explain the... | Business Insider
- Abercrombie & Fitch is facing a terrifying reality about its most loyal... | Business Insider
- ISIS just delivered its 'weakest message' ever | Business Insider
- 15 things you should do as soon as you get laid off | Business Insider
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- This may be the single most encouraging econ chart in a while | Business Insider