Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jeff Saut on Dow Theory Sell Signal, Biotech Breakdown, and More | Financial Sense
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- Treasury Yields Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- A Mosaic Of Facts - Media Weapons Of Mass Delusion | ZeroHedge
- Silver coin demand is absolutely through the roof” – Perth Mint | ZeroHedge
- The Media-Opoly: Cancelled, From Saturday Night, It's Conspiracy Theory Rock! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Proposal would erase Confederate sign from Mississippi... | Business Insider
- Pirates to start ace Gerrit Cole in wild-card game vs... | Business Insider
- Steelers cut kicker Josh Scobee, sign Chris Boswell | Business Insider
- Vatican fires gay priest on eve of synod | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Victims of the Oregon community college shooting would've been... | Business Insider
- Syrian opposition says leader met UN chief on Russia... | Business Insider