Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Stock Slides After "Cutting Off" 3,400 "Non-Strategic" Trading Clients | ZeroHedge
- Recount 2016 Not the Same as Bush vs. Gore, But Uncertainty Remains | Financial Sense
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
- Redneck Investin Part 3 - Get R Dun | ZeroHedge
- CNN Caught in Locker Room Talk; Crew Jokes About Trump's Plane Crashing | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: Exuberance, Small Caps, & 6% Realities | ZeroHedge
- House Quietly Passes Bill Targeting "Russian Propaganda" Websites | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight has reportedly... | Business Insider
- Whitney Tilson has a new short (WING, LL, EXAC) | Business Insider
- 35 money questions you should be able to answer by 35 | Business Insider
- An ex-guard at New York City's Rikers jail is... | Business Insider
- A startup has unveiled its hydrogen-electric truck that will hit the road in... | Business Insider
- A Russian spacecraft full of food and water has crashed and burned in the... | Business Insider
- Kellyanne Conway responds to report of clash between Clinton's and Trump... | Business Insider