Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- 18 Stats That Prove That Government Dependence Has Reached Epidemic Levels | ZeroHedge
- New Jobless Claims Plunge to 300K, Much Better Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- Russia Confirms Troop Build-Up Near Ukraine; Warns West, More Sanctions "Absolutely Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Make or Break Week: Time to Get to Work | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The 'SUV Coupe' Mercedes-Benz Made To Battle BMW [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- 23 Health Benefits Of Marijuana | Business Insider
- Drone Strike Kills 15 Al Qaeda Suspects And 3 Civilians In Yemen | Business Insider
- Why Priceline's CEO Is Completely Wrong About... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek