Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Obama And Putin Are Trapped In A Macho Game Of "Chicken" | ZeroHedge
- Watching Here | iBankCoin.com
- Profits Will Come, Ray | iBankCoin.com
- Chart Surfing | iBankCoin.com
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: March 6 | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- In The Middle Of China's Biggest Ghost City, There Is A Monument To... | Business Insider
- Google's New Office In Malaysia Is A Wild Indoor Jungle [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett Is Making A Killing On This NYC Property Investment, And He's... | Business Insider
- Three Important Points About Today's Jobs Report | Business Insider
- The First-Class Seats On Qatar Airways' New A380 Jet Look Amazing | Business Insider
- Ukrainian TV Channels Are Being Shut Down In Crimea | Business Insider
- The Ukraine-Russia Cyber War Is Heating Up | Business Insider