Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Discusses “Tools”: She’s 70% Confident That Rates Will Be Between 0 and 4.5% in 2018 | Financial Sense
- Bolivian Minister Kidnapped, "Savagely Beaten To Death" By Striking Mineworkers | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Stunning Maps Depict Collapse Of Obamacare "Coverage" In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Close All Mosques, Ban Koran; Poll-Leading Dutch 'Freedom' Party Unveils De-Islamization Manifesto | ZeroHedge
- J-Holed: Stocks Slide After "Good" Yellen, "Bad" Powell, & "Ugly" Fischer | ZeroHedge
- A Kingdom In Turmoil: Saudi Societal Discontent Grows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands of regular people just helped crack an eerie mystery about a... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider
- What the brain of a guy who climbs massive cliffs without ropes can... | Business Insider
- Point-of-sale security breaches could reduce customer... | Business Insider
- It sounds like ISIS is in dire financial straits | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek