Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Rise Of The Fatty | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money | Altucher Confidential
- Let’s See Where the Stupid NASDAQ is at 3:59pm | iBankCoin.com
- Housing Bubble Pop 2.0: Remodeling Collapses To 1 Year Low | ZeroHedge
- US/European Equity Indices Are Tumbling As WWIII Trumps Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- Cost Of "Breakfast In America" Soars To Highest In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- ECB Moving Closer to Unconventional Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lakers Forward Threw Out A Horrific First Pitch For The Dodgers | Business Insider
- Here's the Details on Amazon's Massive Deal With HBO | TheStreet.com
- McDonald's Is Rebuilding Kitchens To Look More Like Chipotle | Business Insider
- Yankees Pitcher Ejected For Having An Illegal Substance On His Neck | Business Insider
- Apple Reports A Big Miss On iPad Sales (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's The Political Attack Ad At The Center Of A Big Supreme Court Case... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek