Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Bubble in Dumb Money | ZeroHedge
- Slumping Used Car Prices Spell Disaster For Subprime Auto Securitizations | ZeroHedge
- 'It's Apocalyptic, Our Town Is Finished" - Two Quakes Strikes Italy, Collapsing Buildings And Causing Panic | ZeroHedge
- Project Veritas 4: Robert Creamer's Illegal $20,000 Foreign Wire Transfer Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- RNC Chair Priebus Slams State's Failure As "Obama Cover-Up To Protect Hillary" | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of "The Clinton Machine" | ZeroHedge
- RBC: "That Is VaR Crushing DV01 Destruction At Its Finest" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 teams have won fewer World Series than the Chicago Cubs | Business Insider
- Soybeans hit a 2-month high | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's earnings call was the most brutally honest, angsty thing we've... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- A private Berlin museum has unveiled a replica of the bunker where... | Business Insider
- Here are the raw materials we need to fuel the electric car boom | Business Insider
- This tiny gesture you may have missed in 'The Walking Dead' season 7... | Business Insider