Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's Why The New DNC Chair Is About To Make Bernie Supporters Just As Angry | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Blue Lives Matter: Is Police Exceptionalism Leading America Toward Second Civil War? | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- Celebrating 45 Years Of Phony Money | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syrian warplanes reportedly bombed 5 clinics | Business Insider
- Almost one million Americans put themselves in danger every year... | Business Insider
- This entrepreneur turned $800 into a massive bus empire used by Facebook and the NFL... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Obama: Trump's NATO comments show he is not... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- This revolutionary device lets you enjoy a glass of your best bottle of wine... | Business Insider