Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This Man Responsible For China's Stock Market Crash? | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Tumble After Latest Abysmal Chinese Economic Data, Crude Surge Stalls | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
- Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria, Set Forward Operating Base Near Damascus | ZeroHedge
- Did The Fed Intentionally Spark A Commodity Sell-off? | ZeroHedge
- California - A Deluge Followed by Mega Drought? | ZeroHedge
- Jackson Hole Post-Mortem: "Door Still Fully Open To September Lift Off" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scott Walker thinks a wall between the U.S. and Canada could be a good idea | Business Insider
- Last Titanic lunch menu, saved by survivor, going to... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Women, children fleeing through Macedonia... | Business Insider
- Kerry, Obama to raise global warming issues in Alaska | Business Insider
- Here are all the winners from the MTV Video Music Awards | Business Insider
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains a fake Mars mission so well it... | Business Insider