Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- Citi Has One Unpleasant Chart For Anyone Thinking Of Buying Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides as Iran Turns Down Saudi Offer | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- The Bickering Begins: Iraq Disagrees With OPEC's Method Of Oil Production Estimates | ZeroHedge
- The FT Goes Full Fearmonger: Electing Trump "Would Unravel The World" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best coffee shop in 45 big cities across America | Business Insider
- Why Snapchat’s Spectacles are going to (finally) make life logging cool | Business Insider
- BIOMETRICS IN THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY: Why biologically based authentication is becoming the go-to... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- 8 grisly practices that were popular before modern medicine | Business Insider
- It looks like last night... | Business Insider
- The Triumph Street Twin is Motorcyclist's bike of the year... | Business Insider