Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chris Hedges: "Our Liberty Has Been Sacrificed On The Altar Of National Security" | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Slams "Cynics", Tells World "Nobody Else Can Do What We Do" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Stagnation, Default, Or Devaluation | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Slams US Hegemony? "America Can't Solve All The World's Problems Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- ETP Receives Vote of Supreme Confidence | iBankCoin.com
- You’re My Boy, BlueBird! | iBankCoin.com
- From the Pipe of Uncle Buccs… | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- See What Has Become Of 8 Olympic Host Cities After The Games Left Town | Business Insider
- 10 Most Comfortable Cars Under $30,000 | TheStreet.com
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Smartwatch Will Debut On September 9 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Photographer Behind 'Humans Of New York' Is On A World Tour... | Business Insider
- 'France needs you': PM professes love for business | Business Insider
- ESPN 'Regrets' Report About Michael Sam's Showering Habits At Rams Camp... | Business Insider