Intel Shares Hit New Low (INTC)
Yet another dismal day for stocks as Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) hit $17.60 a share, a new 52-week low for the company. Intel shares have fallen 25% since April and its hard to believe its now trading dirt cheap with a P/E Ratio of 10.8 and EPS of 1.67.
But where are the buyers, has Wall Street lost faith in the chip giant despite it reporting its best quarter ever with $2.9 billion in profit?
This month Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) just got even bigger, they will soon own McAfee, Inc. (NYSE:MFE). McAfee has some 6,100 employees, and saw $2 billion in 2009 revenue, making it the world’s largest security company. Intel is all about diversification these days, picking up McAfee for $7.68 billion is a genius move.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Intel Corp (NASDAQ:INTC) blew away analyst estimates last month when the chip giant reported EPS of 51 cents on sales of $10.8 billion, beating the Street by 9 cents. The guidance was even better, a Q3 forecast of $11.6 billion when the Street was expecting $10.92 billion.
But Wall Street doesn't believe the chip sales will keep coming, everyone is concerned with the global slowdown, and Intel Corp. can't do anything to change investor sentiment. Intel shares closed the day at $17.67, down -1.64% or 30 cents, but just how low can INTC go?
At some point value investors will step in and start buying or we'll continue to hit new 52-week lows on a daily basis, time will tell.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Jun 27, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Capital Flight Chaos - Safe Havens Are Tiny Markets | ZeroHedge
- UK Chancellor Osborne Breaks Silence, Fails To Calm Markets; Says In No Rush To Trigger Article 50 | ZeroHedge
- The Ten Commandments Of Con Men | Altucher Confidential
- Brexit Drives Gold Frenzy, Report 26 June, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Will The Market Break? Keep An Eye On This For the Answer | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People who are tone deaf are teaching scientists something fascinating about the brain | Business Insider
- Fans guessed Sunday's big shocker on 'Game of Thrones' over 2 decades ago | Business Insider
- Sorry Texas, there's probably no way you can secede from the US | Business Insider
- House Rules Committee chairman: Democrats should be 'held accountable' for... | Business Insider
- The Googler who bet $250 million on Uber says it's like 'looking in the... | Business Insider
- What it's like to take the 'Uber of seaplanes' from NYC to the... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today | Business Insider