Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Central Bank Power Shift From West To East, Game Of Thrones Style | ZeroHedge
- Congress Gets "Case Of Rapid-Onset Buyer's Remorse" One Day After Passing 9/11 Bill | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises Most In Q3 Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Euro “Might Start To Unravel” If Collapse Of Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- IRS Report Reveals How Obamacare "Spread [$11 Billion] Of Wealth Around" | ZeroHedge
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A black 17-year-old reported his stolen car using LoJack ... and... | Business Insider
- A timeless 6-step guide to getting rich, according to a 79-year-old personal finance... | Business Insider
- We spent a day with Chelsea Handler on the set of her Netflix talk... | Business Insider
- IAN BREMMER: 'Politics as we knew it is over' | Business Insider
- 5 bizarre accidents that people survived but shouldn't have | Business Insider
- Inside the surreal LUSH factories, where the Willy Wonka... | Business Insider
- Merkel and Erdogan say Russia has 'special... | Business Insider