Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
- Every One Wants Dollars (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Pity the Sub-Genius | ZeroHedge
- And The Person Responsible For Japan's Economic Endgame Is... Paul Krugman | ZeroHedge
- THE BEARS WIN | iBankCoin.com
- Fear Of "Surge In Debt Defaults, Business Failures And Job Losses" Means Many More Chinese Rate Cuts | ZeroHedge
- Asian Gold Traders Suspicious Of Recent "Turbo Steroid Moves" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Boko Haram kills 48 fish vendors in northeast Nigeria | Business Insider
- Teens Are Tweeting Unappealing Photos Of Their School Lunches With The Hashtag #... | Business Insider
- Europe Can't Split Google In Two Anyway, These... | Business Insider
- If You're a Baby Boomer, Here Are the 12 Worst Cities to Retire | TheStreet.com
- Georgia's Pankisi Gorge: the making of a jihadist | Business Insider
- Bahrain election overshadowed by opposition boycott | Business Insider