Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Want Them Dead" - ISIS Releases "Hit List" Of 3,600 New Yorkers | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Stopped Out Of "Short Gold" Recommendation | ZeroHedge
- Doha Meeting Reveals OPEC’s Inability to Control Global Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Hillary Will Be The Least Of Your Worries - America Has Economic Diarrhea | ZeroHedge
- ZARpocalypse Now? BofAML Warns "Summer Of Shocks" Looms | ZeroHedge
- US Treasury Gives Explicit Warning To China, Germany And Japan Not To Devalue Their Currencies | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Just Found Its Next Excuse Not To Hike Rates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett brilliantly explains how bubbles are formed | Business Insider
- The top 5 fintech predictions for 2016 | Business Insider
- Top NFL prospect tumbles down first round of draft after a video of him... | Business Insider
- A new poll shows Donald Trump dominating a state he's not necessarily supposed... | Business Insider
- Cobra beer owner Lord Bilimoria says these 3 things kept his business... | Business Insider
- 26 architectural masterpieces everyone should see in their lifetime | Business Insider
- The UK's ad regulator is cracking down on... | Business Insider