Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BitLicense Part 1 - Benjamin Lawsky's Attempt to Single-Handedly Drive the US Economy Back into the Dark Ages | ZeroHedge
- Mike Bloomberg: "Israel Is Safe And It's A Great Place To Visit" As FAA Extends Flight Restrictions | ZeroHedge
- No Thanks, Call Me When You're Dead | ZeroHedge
- A Zillow For Trulia Deal Changes Nothing | iBankCoin.com
- "Is College Worth It?" - Here Is The Fed's Answer In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- China Buys U.S. Debt at Fastest Pace on Record | Financial Sense
- 1 In 25 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Boeing Weighs on Blue Chips, Jim Cramer: 'Lonely Owning the Stock' | TheStreet.com
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- A Group Of Guys Are Sailing 500 Miles On A Boat... | Business Insider
- William Shatner Reviewed Facebook's App For Celebrities And He's Not... | Business Insider
- There Is No Such Thing As A Truly Passive Investor | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider