Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Calexit - Beat The Crowd | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: Riot Police And Humvees Move In To Remove Last Remaining Standing Rock Protesters | ZeroHedge
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
- 2017 Broker Ranking Published at StockBrokers.com | FundMyMutualFund
- Donald Trump, Saudi Arabia, And The Petrodollar | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing Jumps to 33-Year High | Financial Sense
- LifeLock Willing To Give FireEye $16 Per Share In Takeover Offer - Sources | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The easiest ways to prevent the eyestrain caused by staring at screens,... | Business Insider
- The slowdown in the shipping industry could cause... | Business Insider
- DISH misses on revenue but beats on subscriptions (DISH) | Business Insider
- A $3.7 billion hedge fund interviewed dozens of job candidates,... | Business Insider
- I tried Stitch Fix, the subscription box that actually gets me because... | Business Insider
- I've tried out tons of Apple accessories, and this is one of my all-time... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider