Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia-China Gas Relationship on the Rocks | Financial Sense
- The Latest Government Trust Fund To Go Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- Worst Wage Growth In History Sparks Bond & Stock Buying Frenzy, Rate Hike Expectations Crater | ZeroHedge
- LinkedOut - Social Media Superstar Enters Bear Market Overnight | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank "Loses" LIBOR Chat Records; Will Try Hard To Find Them | ZeroHedge
- The Cost of Stagnation: We're Living In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- US Economy Sees Substantial Increase After Weak QI, Though Still Below Average | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There’s no room for agnostics in the climate change debate | Business Insider
- 15 books by billionaires that will teach you how to run the world | Business Insider
- Facebook's losing one of its revenue streams because everyone is glued to their... | Business Insider
- Samsung is going to launch its Apple Pay competitor in Europe | Business Insider
- There's less than a week before the first wild GOP debate — here's who... | Business Insider
- New vaccine could be the 'beginning of the end' for... | Business Insider
- Comcast-owned NBC refused to run commercials for Sling TV's competing... | Business Insider