Chinese Equities: Buy or Sell
If you've been following the international markets then you know China is down on its knees. Its why Mastery wants you to consider the iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index ETF (FXI) and ProShares UltraSh FTSE/Xinhua China 25 ETF (FXP).
Chinese stocks have fallen back into the abyss and are trading at levels not seen since the world almost ended in 2008. Now that Chinese securities have sunk to a new bottom, the media is all over it. Truth be told the party in China could get worse before it gets better. Depending on which side of the coin you are betting on, your weapons of choice are the FXI and FXP.
We would rather buy into one of the Chinese ETFs than pick up individual stocks. Why risk it all on one name when you can just buy a basket of stocks.
THE LONG CHINA ETF
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund Index ETF (FXI) is trading at $34.98 and its shares are 18.21% from its 52-week low.
THE SHORT CHINA ETF
ProShares UltraShort FTSE China 25 ETF (FXP) is trading at $24.64 and its shares are 12.46% from its 52-week low.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Its not often you get a chance to make a bet on a market that is at a decade low. Its why we want you to do your own homework and determine if you would like to dabble in 'betting on China'. Mastery recommends a small position, less than 5% of your portfolio for such a sepculative play. The payoff could be big if Chinese stocks start to get positive attention, but it could swing the other way.
Right now the FXI and FXP are made up of the following stocks:
|View all holdings|
|Name||% of Fund|
|CHINA MOBILE LTD||0.0984|
|CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK-H||0.081|
|IND & COMM BK OF CHINA-H||0.0766|
|BANK OF CHINA LTD-H||0.0584|
|CHINA TELECOM CORP LTD-H||0.0494|
|CHINA LIFE INSURANCE CO-H||0.047|
|CHINA UNICOM HONG KONG LTD||0.0455|
|CHINA SHENHUA ENERGY CO-H||0.0449|
|BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS CO-H||0.0382|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Gilded Age of Yesterday is Nothing Compared to Now | iBankCoin.com
- China Has Lost 55% Of Its Most Valuable Resource | ZeroHedge
- UNDeR INVeSTiGaTioN... | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- "Valuation Is The Market's Biggest Headwind" | ZeroHedge
- The Retail Trader Lockout - Today's 'Market' "Issues" Were Worse Than The Flash Crash | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Carl Icahn Stands Up To The Ice Bucket Challenge And Disses His Banker At The... | Business Insider
- How To Make Custom Templates That Will Save A Ton Of Time In Excel | Business Insider
- Ebola-hit Liberia fires absentee ministers | Business Insider
- A Blunt Giancarlo Stanton Quote Is The Latest Sign He's Going To Leave Miami | Business Insider
- Apple's Recent Hiring Spree Offers A Big Hint That New Products Are On The Way... | Business Insider
- Peng hands Radwanska more US Open woe | Business Insider
- RBS fined £14mn over poor mortgage advice | Business Insider