Chinese Equities: Buy or Sell
If you've been following the international markets then you know China is down on its knees. Its why Mastery wants you to consider the iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index ETF (FXI) and ProShares UltraSh FTSE/Xinhua China 25 ETF (FXP).
Chinese stocks have fallen back into the abyss and are trading at levels not seen since the world almost ended in 2008. Now that Chinese securities have sunk to a new bottom, the media is all over it. Truth be told the party in China could get worse before it gets better. Depending on which side of the coin you are betting on, your weapons of choice are the FXI and FXP.
We would rather buy into one of the Chinese ETFs than pick up individual stocks. Why risk it all on one name when you can just buy a basket of stocks.
THE LONG CHINA ETF
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund Index ETF (FXI) is trading at $34.98 and its shares are 18.21% from its 52-week low.
THE SHORT CHINA ETF
ProShares UltraShort FTSE China 25 ETF (FXP) is trading at $24.64 and its shares are 12.46% from its 52-week low.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Its not often you get a chance to make a bet on a market that is at a decade low. Its why we want you to do your own homework and determine if you would like to dabble in 'betting on China'. Mastery recommends a small position, less than 5% of your portfolio for such a sepculative play. The payoff could be big if Chinese stocks start to get positive attention, but it could swing the other way.
Right now the FXI and FXP are made up of the following stocks:
|View all holdings|
|Name||% of Fund|
|CHINA MOBILE LTD||0.0984|
|CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK-H||0.081|
|IND & COMM BK OF CHINA-H||0.0766|
|BANK OF CHINA LTD-H||0.0584|
|CHINA TELECOM CORP LTD-H||0.0494|
|CHINA LIFE INSURANCE CO-H||0.047|
|CHINA UNICOM HONG KONG LTD||0.0455|
|CHINA SHENHUA ENERGY CO-H||0.0449|
|BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS CO-H||0.0382|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Overwhelming Majority of Americans Believe that Both Parties Are Too Corrupt to Change Anything … Want a Revolution | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen Exposes Our Dysfunctional Monetary System | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Reason For Europe's Sudden Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton Slams "Sexist" Sanders 'Trolling'... Yeah Seriously | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
- "I Was Far Too Bullish": Jeremy Siegel Admits Things Are Really, Really Bad Out There | ZeroHedge
- Fed Lacks The Physical Cash, Legal Authority And Computer Systems To Implement NIRP, According To The Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump and Jeb Bush trade insults in competing... | Business Insider
- Every Chipotle in the US will be closed for lunch today... | Business Insider
- 16 historical Super Bowl moments you should know before watching this year's... | Business Insider
- 'Deadpool' is the most unique superhero movie in years — here's why you need to see it | Business Insider
- China's Lunar New Year celebration involved a 540-robot dance routine | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman is hosting yet another webcast about Herbalife | Business Insider
- Your ability to read this message reveals something incredible about the mind | Business Insider