Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- There Goes The Shopping Spree: Nor'easter May Hit East Coast For Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Fear Of "Surge In Debt Defaults, Business Failures And Job Losses" Means Many More Chinese Rate Cuts | ZeroHedge
- Politics is Economics in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- This Indicator Suggests Gold’s Bear Market Has a lot Longer to Go – But Is It Right? | Financial Sense
- Faith, Math and Circular Logic: Why Bitcoin is More Valuable Than ANY Fiat Currency Today! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Awkward LeBron James Anecdote Shows How Screwed Up The Cavs Are Right... | Business Insider
- Bill Belichick Benches Player Who Just Had The Game Of His Life For Showing Up Late To Practice... | Business Insider
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel Is Resigning | Business Insider
- The Only Way To Save Samsung's Dying Mobile Business | Business Insider
- Here's The 1 Question You Should Ask In Every Job Interview | Business Insider
- A Tweet From A Left-Wing Blogger About... | Business Insider
- 9 Tips To Drive Down The Price Of Just About Anything | Business Insider