Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Has Syphilis? | ZeroHedge
- Democracy: The God That's Failing | ZeroHedge
- There's Not Nearly Enough Growth To Keep Growing | ZeroHedge
- Trump's New Travel Ban Revealed: Phase-In Period; Green-Card Holders Spared | ZeroHedge
- Snyder: "It's About Time We Had A President Willing To Go To War With Mainstream Media" | ZeroHedge
- 50 Rhino Poachers Shot Dead After India Unleashes "Zero Tolerance" Conservation Policy | ZeroHedge
- The "Russia Scare" Coalition: ISIL's "Useful Idiots"? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McCain: Dictators get started by 'suppressing the free... | Business Insider
- There’s a hidden menu in Android that lets you unlock experimental features —... | Business Insider
- A $14 billion hedge fund is venturing where others fear... | Business Insider
- 11 images that put gold's rarity into context | Business Insider
- The top 12 rumors we're hearing about Apple's next iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- You've probably been using aluminum foil wrong your whole... | Business Insider
- America's affordable housing crisis has reached a new... | Business Insider