Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Reader's Reaction To Bill Clinton's Speech: "A Harlequin Romance Novel" | ZeroHedge
- Will Any Future POTUS Matter (Other Than Launching More Wars)? | ZeroHedge
- How Citi Is Trading The Fed's "Mildly Hawkish" Statement | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes Into Bear Market To April Doha Lows | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Most Since Brexit As 'Hawkish' Fed Sparks Dovish Bond Buying Spree | ZeroHedge
- A Psychiatric Diagnosis Of The U.S. 'Market' | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Australian man won an entire island resort with a $49 raffle ticket | Business Insider
- M. Night Shyamalan has a trailer for a new horror movie, and it looks really creepy | Business Insider
- 18 mouthwatering photos of Google’s legendary free food | Business Insider
- See what it's like to eat at the wildly popular fast-food chain that was endorsed by the world's... | Business Insider
- Watch Chelsea Clinton's full speech as she introduced her mother on the... | Business Insider
- The biggest hit song the year you were born | Business Insider
- Here's a friendly reminder of how big the A-10 Warthog's gun is | Business Insider