Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- Cheap Oil: Too Much Of A Good Thing? | ZeroHedge
- Russia Busts "Gold-Selling" Rumors, Reports It Bought Another 600,000 Ounces Taking Gold Holdings To New Record High | ZeroHedge
- Last Nibble, I Promise | iBankCoin.com
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Get The Perfect Shave At Home | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, ORCL) | Business Insider
- Google's Search Ad Policies Cost This Company $1 Million (... | Business Insider
- The Word 'Disinflation' Is Booming | Business Insider
- Here Is A List Of All The Companies Most... | Business Insider
- Watch This Mesmerizing Time-Lapse Of 12,400 Gallons Of Beer Fermenting Over 6 Days | Business Insider
- Here's Why US Authorities Think North Korea Hacked Sony (SNE) | Business Insider