Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Sell In May" ... And June | ZeroHedge
- Why The Founder Of A $35 Billion Hedge Fund Is "Very Worried" | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- The Central Bank War On Savers - The Big Lie Beneath | ZeroHedge
- I Think Icahn | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: Drafting Women Means Equality In Slavery | ZeroHedge
- Over Half of Americans Now Believe the Voting System Is Rigged | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The only chart you need to see to know that the US spends more on its military... | Business Insider
- The man behind the anti-vaccine hysteria may get... | Business Insider
- China's manufacturing sector continues to splutter | Business Insider
- The US Navy's first drone warship just hit the waters for testing | Business Insider
- A study of ancient DNA has revealed the ancestry of... | Business Insider
- 'Captain America: Civil War’ is the movie ‘Batman v Superman’ wanted to be | Business Insider
- For some reason, China just sent a bunch of magicians and singers to the South China Sea | Business Insider