Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Syriza's Original 40 Point Manifesto | ZeroHedge
- December Durable Goods: A Major Disappointment | Financial Sense
- Asset Price Deflation Coming Up? | Financial Sense
- Cramer Does It Again: Box Is "Home-Run" In "Remarkably Healthy Market" | ZeroHedge
- Within 3 Days Hence, The Market Will Be Much Higher | iBankCoin.com
- McDonalds CEO Retires Following Horrible Year: New Boss Seen Here Wearing At Least 37 Pieces Of Flair | ZeroHedge
- Greece Slams EU Bailout-ers: "We Don't Want The $7 Billion, We Want To Rethink The Whole Program" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I Didn't Believe Microsoft's New Email App Could Be Better Than Gmail — And... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AMZN, GOOG, MSFT, TWTR, BABA) | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft's gutsy $175 million investment in the New England Patriots has paid... | Business Insider
- German jobless rate drops to lowest since fall of... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Pochettino calls for Spurs killer instinct | Business Insider
- A case for Apple's giant iPad might have just leaked (AAPL) | Business Insider