Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Day Arrives: Why One Trader Thinks It Will Lead To A "Hefty Rally" In Sterling | ZeroHedge
- What Obamacare’s Failure Means for America | Financial Sense
- Foundation & Empire - Is Donald Trump 'The Mule'? | ZeroHedge
- Another DHS “Exercise” Planned: The Risk of Terrorism Drills Becoming Reality | ZeroHedge
- New Study Says Robots Took All Of Detroit's Jobs, Not Mexico | ZeroHedge
- NBC News Signs Former Obama Press Secretary To Provide "Unbiased" Political Commentary | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Nike has been the ultimate authority on 'cool' for 40 years | Business Insider
- Uber finally released their diversity report — here's how it compares to... | Business Insider
- Wall Street is getting one of its biggest calls of the year all... | Business Insider
- SpaceX and NASA are looking to land a ship at one of these 4 places on Mars | Business Insider
- No one seems to buy Devin Nunes' explanation for why he was at the White House last... | Business Insider
- Westinghouse Electric could have a messy bankruptcy | Business Insider
- UN to kick off talks on global nuclear weapons ban — but all... | Business Insider