Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Next Round of the Great Crisis Has Just Begun | ZeroHedge
- Greece May Not Even Have The Funds To Conduct A Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Greece: The Five Possible Paths Forward | ZeroHedge
- Greek Contagion Spreads As Several Italian Bank Stocks Failed To Open | ZeroHedge
- "Retired" Dallas Fed Chief Joins Barclays As "Senior Advisor" | ZeroHedge
- Nothing But Trouble | iBankCoin.com
- Greek Supermarkets Begin To Resemble Those Of Venezuela | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, NFLX, MSFT, AOL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- Stock futures are higher after Monday's chaos (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, TLT, GREK, WTI, OIL, VDE... | Business Insider
- John Oliver created a whole website of hilarious ways to... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Here's what's really happening to your skin when you get a tattoo... | Business Insider
- A new study showing male and female mice feel pain differently could reduce... | Business Insider