Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The War on Cash is About to Go into Hyperdrive Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
- This Is The NIRP "Doom Loop" That Threatens To Wipeout Banks And The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- 10,000 Greek Farmers Stage Massive Revolt In Athens, Destroy Police Cars | ZeroHedge
- Selling Pressure Wanes But Credit Markets Still Troubling | Financial Sense
- THe DeuTSCHe LoCKeR... | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The ETF Liquidation That Sent Shockwaves Through The Crude Oil Market | ZeroHedge
- Why NIRP (Negative Interest Rates) Will Fail Miserably | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- France's 104-year-old twins say there's a simple... | Business Insider
- A Stanford professor explains how 'design thinking' can... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Here's why Morgan Stanley's trading head decided to... | Business Insider
- A bestselling author reveals the weekly habit that... | Business Insider
- 45 apps that make being an adult easier | Business Insider
- Here’s why 'El Chapo' Guzmán may not face trial in the US anytime soon | Business Insider