Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- August 15th - The Date Which Will Live In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
- What Brexit Means for the World | Financial Sense
- Could The IRS Empty Your Bank Account? | ZeroHedge
- Busted Lambo Driver To Cop: "My Shoes Are Worth More Than Your Wages" | ZeroHedge
- Why Was A Gun Used in The Paris Terrorist Attacks Linked To "Fast And Furious" | ZeroHedge
- "Off The Grid" Indicators Reveal True State Of U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOP senator: We should have a new Supreme Court strategy if it... | Business Insider
- 4 essential body language tips from a world champion public... | Business Insider
- What to do first with your money | Business Insider
- What it was like to work for legendary New York... | Business Insider
- This is an 'adult swim only' kind of market, and investors everywhere are... | Business Insider
- The absurd life of Boris Johnson — the man who could be England’s next... | Business Insider
- New York's first airport is being brought back from its ruins — and we checked it out | Business Insider