Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Market Knows What Fed Should Do | Financial Sense
- Syria Claims To Have Recording Of Conversation Between ISIS And US Military Before Strike On Syrian Army | ZeroHedge
- Why The Deep State Is Dumping Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend, Gennifer Flowers, Confirms She Will "Definitely Be At The Debate" | ZeroHedge
- Charlotte Police Release Mugshots Of Captured Looters As Protests Continue For Fifth Night | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An airline pilot reveals why the Boeing 757 is truly unique (BA) | Business Insider
- A major 'Bridgegate' witness says Christie... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- This is the Audi SUV we've all been waiting for | Business Insider
- Why new media companies like Vice and Ozy are jumping into traditional TV | Business Insider
- 7 ways you're sabotaging your morning routine... | Business Insider
- LSU has reportedly fired Les Miles | Business Insider