Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Recover Post-FOMC Losses After 4-For-4 Economic Data Misses | ZeroHedge
- Is Martial Law Justified If ISIS Attacks? | ZeroHedge
- Trannies Tumble, S&P/Dow Give Up Week's Gains | ZeroHedge
- The Student Loan Write-offs Have Begun: 78,000 Students File For Debt Discharge After Corinthian Closures | ZeroHedge
- You Thought I Cared About Your ‘Top Picks’? | iBankCoin.com
- “The Fly” is Back! | iBankCoin.com
- UBS Gets Probation For Rigging $5 Trillion-A-Day FX Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the 10 new TV shows that are dominating the internet | Business Insider
- This iPhone app guesses your age to tell you how old you look | Business Insider
- The Colts are waiting as long as possible to give Andrew Luck a new contract, and it... | Business Insider
- Cannes films divide critics ahead of awards weekend | Business Insider
- Here are 7 thoughts on the April FOMC minutes | Business Insider
- Uber is now mainstream enough that it's used as a punchline in the new Entourage movie | Business Insider
- David Letterman sent this witty rejection letter to Jimmy... | Business Insider