Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget Ebola, Florida Issues "Flesh-Eating Bacteria" Public Health Warning | ZeroHedge
- Crosscurrents “R” Us | Financial Sense
- A SKeLeToN OF HiS OWN... | ZeroHedge
- Muppet Slaughter: Goldman Removes Adidas From Its "Conviction Buy" List Minutes After Its Biggest Drop In History | ZeroHedge
- CDC Issues Level 3 Travel Alert As 'Largest Ebola Outbreak In History' Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Drive-By Morning Grub | iBankCoin.com
- FLASH: STOCKS CRASH THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- A New Technology Is Breathing Life Into The Stalled... | Business Insider
- Here's Putin's Next Move (RSX) | Business Insider
- Three Big Economic Events Are Coming Up (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Tesla Might Need Blowout Earnings To Keep Shares From Tumbling | Business Insider
- Apple Built An Online Highway For Your Downloads — And... | Business Insider
- GDP Was Strong, but 'Don't Jump in Front of the Train' to Buy Stocks | TheStreet.com