Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hong Kong Protesters Give Wednesday Deadline For Reform As Chinese Army Watches From Above | ZeroHedge
- I Like My Coffee Like I Like My Ebola… | iBankCoin.com
- The Gap Down Will Be Glorious | iBankCoin.com
- Goodbye POMO: Normalcy Returns On October 28 | ZeroHedge
- America's "All Important" Housing Market Flashing Red After Bad Data Double Whammy | ZeroHedge
- "If Something Rattles This Ponzi Scheme, Life In America Will Change Overnight" | ZeroHedge
- Future Bull | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It Is UGLY In Italy | Business Insider
- Watch An F-15 Sniper Wipe Out... | Business Insider
- Reddit Just Raised $50 Million From A Group Of A-List Investors Including Snoop Dogg | Business Insider
- Nishikori powers to victory in opening Tokyo match | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Bill Belichick Refuses Talk About His Team's Problems, Gives The Same Answer... | Business Insider
- See What Hong Kong Looked Like 42 Years Ago | Business Insider