Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FUTURES ARE DIVING LOWER AGAIN | iBankCoin.com
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- More Bad News From Tom DeMark: "We Should See The Market Drift Lower For The Next Month" | ZeroHedge
- When Every Option In The Financial System Is Grounded In Absurdity, It's Time To Look Elsewhere | ZeroHedge
- Oil Price Collapse Triggers Currency Crisis in Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- JPM Storms Out In Defense Of The Sunny Hedge Fund Hotel: Initiates SunEdison With An "Overweight" And $24 Target | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Pays Lottery Winners In IOUs After $30K/Month Budget "Guru" Fails To Produce Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- French sailors end Calais port blockade | Business Insider
- The richest people in the world under 35 | Business Insider
- Horror legend Wes Craven dies of brain cancer | Business Insider
- Thousands of walruses are all crowded together in one spot — and it signals something... | Business Insider
- Here are all 10 of Miley Cyrus' bizarre costumes she wore to host the MTV VMAs | Business Insider
- Atletico show title credentials with win at Sevilla | Business Insider