Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 7 Reasons that the Corporate Media Is Pro-War | ZeroHedge
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
- The Gold Sell-off: How far might it go? | ZeroHedge
- VP Pence Lays Out Aggressive Agenda For First 100 Days | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Bullish Confirmations and the Primary Trend | Financial Sense
- After A "Run On The Pension Fund" Dallas Mayor Demands Halt Of Withdrawals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why McDonald's Chicken McNuggets come in only 4 shapes (MCD) | Business Insider
- 13 burning questions we have before the 90-minute 'Westworld' season finale | Business Insider
- One of the best tablets you can buy for under $200 is an even better... | Business Insider
- These Bluetooth headphones are great for working out, and they're... | Business Insider
- 5 super toxic people to avoid at work | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider
- 30 thoughtful holiday gifts women will love | Business Insider