Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PuTiN OF NeoCoN DiSTuRBia... | ZeroHedge
- Ruble, Lira, & Ringgit Tumble On USD, Yuan Gains As PBOC States "China Correction Nearly Over" | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar & China's "Financial War" | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Warns "Rumor-Mongers" On Facebook And Twitter Risk Execution | ZeroHedge
- Moscow Demands Britain Explain "Green Light To Shoot Down Russian Jets" | ZeroHedge
- How to Become a Superforecaster | Financial Sense
- Peter Boockvar's Contrarian Play: Sell US Stocks, Buy Commodities and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- California contest dubs 1,969-pound pumpkin the plumpest | Business Insider
- Gaza official says Israeli airstrike kills mother and... | Business Insider
- AB InBev, SABMiller OK in principle to set up beer merger... | Business Insider
- Fire official: 2 firefighters killed, 2 hurt in Kansas... | Business Insider
- Ben Carson's gun comments highlight free-wheeling style... | Business Insider
- Chicago Cubs hit six home runs to push Cardinals to brink... | Business Insider
- Obama had a very contentious interview with '60 Minutes... | Business Insider