Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE BEARS WIN | iBankCoin.com
- The S&P's GAAP P/E Ratio Rises Above 19X | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Highlights From The Senate's Finding That Banks Manipulate Physical Commodities - Live Hearing Feed | ZeroHedge
- Dramatic Drone's-Eye View Of The Record Upstate New York Snowfall | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness | Financial Sense
- "We Are Dissolving Into A World Of Planless Incoherence" | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Security Was So Tight On The New 'Star Wars' Movie Set That Phone... | Business Insider
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In Chicago | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The Giant iPhone 6 Plus Is Most Popular In Asia (AAPL) | Business Insider
- This Anonymous Account Of A UVA Rape Case Is Utterly Heartbreaking | Business Insider
- Here's The Standup Clip That Reignited The Bill Cosby... | Business Insider
- MailOnline Reveals Why It's Changing Its Name To DailyMail.com In... | Business Insider