Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile In China, Cow-Collateralized Stock Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Obama Steps In To Defend Hillary: DOJ Fights To Block Clinton Deposition | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns The Rise Of Nationalism Throughout Europe Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Putin Vows Retaliation Over US Missile Shield; Warns Poland, Romania Now In The "Cross Hairs" | ZeroHedge
- 10 People You Can Vote For In 2016 Not Named Trump Or Clinton | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the 'reckoning point' for a bunch of oil producers | Business Insider
- We're on the cusp of an explosive change in how we treat one... | Business Insider
- 'The new gasoline' could be in an epic bubble | Business Insider
- The big push for a new encryption law has faltered in the... | Business Insider
- The 14 most innovative schools in America | Business Insider
- While everyone was paying attention to Zika, a much deadlier mosquito-borne virus... | Business Insider
- The upcoming Echo-like Apple TV might include a camera (AAPL) | Business Insider