Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US State Department "Confident" MH17 "Mistakenly" Downed By Separatists, Finds No Direct Link To Russia | ZeroHedge
- Flattening Out | iBankCoin.com
- Overnight Futures Levitation Mode Engaged But Subdued | ZeroHedge
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- Stocks Move Higher on Strong Earnings, Low Inflation Readings | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Another Candidate to Bounce Back from the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- An Activist Investor Takes Aim At A Multi-Billion Dollar Tech Company | Business Insider
- Argentina Just Played Its Final Card... And It Lost | Business Insider
- REVIEW: Amazon's New Fire Phone Has Some Fun Features, But You're Going To Miss All... | Business Insider
- How Fame, Sex, Money, And Your Boss Make You Unhappy | Business Insider
- How A Regular Employee Helped Put Amazon On The Path To Billions Of Dollars | Business Insider