Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek President Raises "War Reparations" With Germany | ZeroHedge
- WWE: Sold to You, Sir | iBankCoin.com
- "No Inflation" Friday: The Dollar Has Lost 83.3% Against... | ZeroHedge
- Seth Klarman On "Born Bulls", Bitcoin, & "The Truman Show" Market | ZeroHedge
- Russia Threatens "Sanctions Would Hit US Like A Boomerang"" | ZeroHedge
- 50% Profit Growth and Historical Realities | Financial Sense
- Warning Shots Fired At OSCE Mission In Crimea; Russia Warns Of Treaty Force Majeure Over "Unfriendly NATO Threats" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: North Korea Developed Drone From Stolen US Plans | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Skydived From Outer Space Is Becoming A Race Car Driver | Business Insider
- How To Make Sure Your Posts On Secret Stay Anonymous | Business Insider
- New Users In India And China Will Dominate... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Witnesses: Russians Take Over Ukrainian Military Post | Business Insider
- California's Severe Drought Could Last For More Than A Century | Business Insider