Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Looming "Great Surprise" | ZeroHedge
- Another Reason To Move Away From California: "Conditions Are Like A Third-World Country" | ZeroHedge
- Direct Evidence For The Supercycle | ZeroHedge
- Deciphering the Investment Climate | ZeroHedge
- Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb | Financial Sense
- The History of 4/20 | iBankCoin.com
- US Navy Sends Aircraft Carrier, Warships To Intercept Iranian Weapons Shipments In Yemeni Waters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Turin shroud goes on show to public | Business Insider
- This humanoid robot can recognize and interact with people | Business Insider
- Greek Golden Dawn trial opens without main defendants | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Look inside a Google project so odd, it's literally called 'Project Loon... | Business Insider
- Check out Buffalo Wild Wings' new lunch menu | Business Insider