Las Vegas Sands Down on its Luck
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) is at $35 a share after-hours which makes it a fresh new 52-week low. The Sands reported earings after the close and its forecast is not what investors wanted to hear.
Las Vegas Sands missed Q2 earnings blaming its woes on lower hold on table games play and higher operational and legal expenses. Macau was the highlight of the call, they managed to increase profits 9.6% in the world's largest gambling center.
Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson said the following:
"While our quarterly results did not meet my expectations ... our financial results reflected solid revenue growth overall and significant cash flow in both Macau and Singapore, as well as the continued steady execution of our Cotai Strip development plan in Macau.
One quarter does not a trend make. Anybody who thinks that the cultural habits of the Asian people is changing because of ... one reduction in the hold, even though it amounted to over $100 million at the top line, anybody who thinks that this is a change of culture is just missing the boat." (source: www.reuters.com)
Here's to a new 12 month low for LVS, drink up.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- What Happens When the Electricity Is Off for Three Days? | Financial Sense
- An Establishment In Panic | ZeroHedge
- Balance Sheet Recessions and the QE Trap | Financial Sense
- For The First Time In 2016, Junk Bond Defaults Are Decelerating | ZeroHedge
- Obama Admin Stunned By Duterte: "The Minute You Say Something, He Lets Loose His Barrage Of Obscenities" | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About Money In The 2016 Presidential Race | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nintendo's new console is mobile, but it's not meant to... | Business Insider
- Vizio’s newest surround-sound speaker system is one of the best I’ve... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: I will 'totally accept the results' of the election '... | Business Insider
- 30 everyday habits that can help you build wealth | Business Insider
- German policeman dies of gun wound from far-right supporter... | Business Insider
- Skechers is crashing after blaming its weak earnings on a 'shorter back... | Business Insider
- The cheapest place to travel every month of the year | Business Insider