Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Somone Really Needs To Explain To Europe What "Austerity" Means | ZeroHedge
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Top Ebola Scientists: Ebola More Likely to be Spread by Aerosol In Cold, Dry Conditions than In Hot, Humid Africa | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Fears Take Shine Off Panic-Buying Surge In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
- You Asked For Market-Lifting Miracles Theo, I Give You Another NYSE Break | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Caterpillar Just Blew Away Q3 Earnings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ferrer hits 600 wins, faces Murray in Valencia | Business Insider
- Ebola And Big Data: A Call For Help | Business Insider
- The First Dallas Nurse To Contract Ebola Is Free Of The Virus And Going Home... | Business Insider
- Commodities mixed on global growth outlook | Business Insider
- Mali seeks to contain Ebola fears after girl dies | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's What The Average American Man Looks Like Compared To Other... | Business Insider