Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Senators Slam Loretta Lynch: End The Climate Change Witch Hunt | ZeroHedge
- Switzerland's Gotthard Base Tunnel: Swiss Engineered, Foreign Made | ZeroHedge
- Here We Go Again: Wells Fargo Is Trying To Give Mortgages To Low-Income, Debt-Heavy Millennials Living At Home | ZeroHedge
- Charles Bolin's Detailed Investment Outlook - Market Topping, Economic Data in Decline | Financial Sense
- Homeland Insecurity | ZeroHedge
- Why This Friday's Payrolls Report Could See A Big Miss | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed At Risk Of Choking The Market? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There’s one overlooked industry at the heart of all of our modern conveniences | Business Insider
- How the free-to-play... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is being shunned by Apple's most important community (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- The largest luxury homebuilder in the US admitted the startling truth about the housing... | Business Insider
- Overdoses from legal drugs are exploding — and a new plan to curb the... | Business Insider
- Here’s how long to wait before you text your crush back | Business Insider
- THE CONSPIRACY CANDIDATE? 13 outlandish theories Donald Trump has floated on the... | Business Insider