Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Panicked" Citi Trader "Who Fired Off Repeated Sell Orders" Behind Pound Flash Crash | ZeroHedge
- Time Urges 65 Million Americans Who Voted For Hillary Not To Pay Taxes | ZeroHedge
- FaKe NeWS MaDNeSS... | ZeroHedge
- 'Footloose' Comes To Brussels - Europe Unleashes "Dance Tax" | ZeroHedge
- A Pessimists' Guide To 2017: When Everything That Can Go Wrong, Does Go Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman is Back: Pershing Square Posts 10% Gain in November | ZeroHedge
- Federal Judge Orders Michigan Recount To Start Today At Noon As Stein Vows New Lawsuit In PA | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump is Time magazine's Person of the Year | Business Insider
- There's a new button in your Google app — here's what it does (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- THE APP ENGAGEMENT REPORT: The tools and tactics brands, marketers, and app... | Business Insider
- Markets are muted after Italy referendum but instability... | Business Insider
- Amazon is spending 'well-over' $3 billion a year... | Business Insider
- ‘Westworld' actor on filming season one and the plot twist that shocked... | Business Insider
- Taiwan's president doesn't... | Business Insider