Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Is Gold Draining Out of COMEX Warehouses? | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Rumors Of OPEC's Demise Exaggerated | ZeroHedge
- FT Joins The Fray: "Fed Likely To Signal Tapering Move" | ZeroHedge
- G-8 Signs Information Sharing Agreement To "Fight The Scourge Of Tax Evasion" | ZeroHedge
- Rotting, Decaying And Bankrupt – If You Want To See The Future Of America Just Look At Detroit | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Slams Abenomics: "Positive Impact Is Gone, Only High Yields And Volatility Remain; BOJ Credibility At Stake" | ZeroHedge
- Second Half Bullish Catalysts Appear on Track | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Markets Are Going Nowhere Ahead Of Huge Day For The Fed | Business Insider
- Stocks Leap at Open on Manufacturing Gains | TheStreet.com
- Marissa Mayer Wants To Buy Two Failed Startups This Morning... | Business Insider
- The 10 Highest-Paid Players In The NBA Finals | Business Insider
- 11 Tapirs That Are Worried About The Taper | Business Insider
- 4 Steps To Hiring The Right Person | Business Insider
- 'Sesame Street' Criticized Over Muppet Whose Dad Is In... | Business Insider