Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jill Stein Slams Hillary Clinton's Foreign Policy As "Scarier Than Trump's" | ZeroHedge
- Hacking Democracy | ZeroHedge
- Germans Are Leaving Germany 'In Droves' | ZeroHedge
- Dear Mainstream Media... | ZeroHedge
- Trump Has Split the GOP ... Now the Next Step? | ZeroHedge
- Half Of American Adults Exist In A Government Accessible Facial Recognition Network | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Taunts Democrats, Tweets "It Has A Surprise In Store" For Tim Kaine And Donna Brazile | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Richard Branson: Donald Trump told me he wanted 'to spend the rest of his... | Business Insider
- This essay from last month about someone 'learning how to take down the... | Business Insider
- Nintendo's new console won't support your old games | Business Insider
- Inside the new cocktail lounge from the team behind the 'best bar in the world' | Business Insider
- 3 professors have a radical idea for how to remove bias from the criminal justice system | Business Insider
- Governor Cuomo just signed a bill that could deal a huge blow to Airbnb in New... | Business Insider
- Working on the weekend doesn't make you a workaholic — but it could make you less stressed | Business Insider