Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Bulls Will Get Slaughtered | ZeroHedge
- The Mechanics Of NIRP: How The Fed Will Bring Negative Rates To The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
- China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit | Financial Sense
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket | ZeroHedge
- 65,000% Spike In Reported Radioactivity After Tritium Leaks At Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant | ZeroHedge
- 2016 EPS Growth Estimates Slashed By 50% Just One Month Into The Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tom Brady was booed by fans during a ceremony prior to the Super Bowl | Business Insider
- China is making a $3 trillion threat, but 'nobody' on Wall Street is... | Business Insider
- 24 signs you have a terrible boss | Business Insider
- A new hair trend has guys going gray on purpose | Business Insider
- The commander of the anti-ISIS war denounced Ted Cruz's strategy... | Business Insider
- Two daredevils dropped out of a helicopter with jet engines strapped to... | Business Insider
- A hedge fund has laid out why it is closing — and it is enough to set alarm bells ringing everywhere | Business Insider