Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Posts First Negative Inflation Print Since Lehman On Gas Price Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Survival Depends on Debt Restructuring, Not Growth | Financial Sense
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- SYMPaTHY FoR THe GReeKS... | ZeroHedge
- Full Circle: The First Anti-Government Protest In Greece Turns Ugly | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Enters Hyperinflation: Currency Trading Halted, "Soon We Will Walk Around With Suitcases For Cash" | ZeroHedge
- If You See A Terrorist Say Something, FBI Warns After Busting ISIS Threat To "Kill President Of US" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The West Coast port strike will squeeze the trade deficit | Business Insider
- Uber riders can now earn free stays at some of the world's most luxurious... | Business Insider
- Meet the former Goldman Sachs Vice President who worked for almost 7 years as an... | Business Insider
- West sanctions threat shows 'unwillingness' in... | Business Insider
- Taylor Swift posted her first bikini photo on Instagram to avoid a... | Business Insider
- 22 quotes that take you inside Albert Einstein's revolutionary mind | Business Insider
- IS executioner 'Jihadi John' named by media | Business Insider