Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recession Odds Spike To 37%, JPM Calculates, Highest Yet For This Cycle | ZeroHedge
- Shoulda Called Huma... | ZeroHedge
- Total State Or Total Freedom: The 8 Marks Of Fascist Policy | ZeroHedge
- "I’ve Never Seen Anything Like This Before" - The Housing Markets In The Hamptons, Aspen And Miami Are All Crashing | ZeroHedge
- New Lidar Chips for Self-Driving Vehicles Are Smaller Than a Dime, Cost $10 to Manufacture | Financial Sense
- What Went Wrong Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (Part III) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 steps to a perfectly written business plan | Business Insider
- 7 weird dog behaviors and what they mean | Business Insider
- Here's why it felt like you were being bombarded... | Business Insider
- BUMBLE FOUNDER: Response rates go up 60% when you include this info in your first... | Business Insider
- 5 secrets your car mechanic doesn't want you to know | Business Insider
- Take a tour of this Chinese 'nail' neighborhood that's been in a stalemate with... | Business Insider
- The surprising origins of the slogan 'Don't mess with Texas... | Business Insider