Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Erdogan Is The Father Of ISIS" - New Documentary Outlines Turkey's Support Of The Islamic State | ZeroHedge
- The Most Expensive Cities To Live In Across The Globe | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Visualizing The Market Cycle | ZeroHedge
- It's A Trap! | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Stopped Out Of "Short Gold" Recommendation | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Buy Back Higher in November | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Consumers value... | Business Insider
- Rolls-Royce designed a new set of luggage that costs more than an entry-level luxury car... | Business Insider
- Grandmother and 4 of her grandchildren killed in floods as severe weather lashes Texas | Business Insider
- New Yorkers wait in line for hours to eat these blueberry pancakes | Business Insider
- There are suddenly tons of Italian cars for sale in the United States — here they all... | Business Insider
- The marketing genius behind Beyoncé has put his chic Tribeca apartment up for... | Business Insider
- America's average 29-year-old looks a lot different than what you might... | Business Insider