Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Italian Police Grab $150 Million Assets From Nomura For Defrauding Government | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Deal Or No Deal? Argentina Declared In Selective Default, Holds Press Conference - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Argentine Bonds Soar To Record Highs As Hope Rules (For Now) | ZeroHedge
- Like Dripping Silver Icicles | Financial Sense
- Obama's Message To Republicans: "Stop Just Hatin’ All The Time" | ZeroHedge
- Thank You Obamacare - California Health Insurance Costs Spike Up To 88% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Little-Known Facts About China That Will Make You Smarter | Business Insider
- Markets Are In The Red, Major Portugese Bank Crashes (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Texas Congressman Thinks Rick Perry Could Create A '... | Business Insider
- 'SPEAKER CRUZ IS IN THE HOUSE' — Republicans... | Business Insider
- GDP Was Strong, But 'Don't Jump in Front of the Train' to Buy Stocks | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider