Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 5×5 Trick To Make Life Better | Altucher Confidential
- Today’s Hybrid Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Why The Fed Won’t Taper In December | ZeroHedge
- Thai Prime Minister Dissolves Parliament In Response To Protests, Calls For New Elections | ZeroHedge
- Sunday Morning Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Lots to Digest This Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Euthanasia of the Economy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Airline That Has The Most Things Go Wrong Also Receives The Fewest Complaints (LUV)... | Business Insider
- Leaked Document Suggests That Putin Will Release Pussy Riot Members | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Brands Are Picking Instagram For... | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski Takes A Brutal Hit To The Knee At Full Speed, Gets Carted Off The Field | Business Insider
- Snapchat Wants A Restraining Order Against Ousted Co-Founder To Prevent Him... | Business Insider
- ANALYST: Oil Is In A Bubble That 'Will Burst Eventually And The Question Is... | Business Insider
- Lions Kicker Falls Down Like Charlie Brown On An Extra Point Attempt In The Snow | Business Insider