Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of Obama's Iran Nuclear Policy | ZeroHedge
- Frenzied Chinese Stock Buyers Soak Up So Much Liquidity, Central Bank Forced To Intervene, Prevent Seizure | ZeroHedge
- Outlook 2015: Deflation Remains the Dominant Theme | ZeroHedge
- Red Flags in Russia | Financial Sense
- Trade Ideas For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed NEEDS Inflation Otherwise the Bond Bubble Will Burst | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: US Considers Putting North Korea Back On Terror List | Business Insider
- Here's What People Don't Get About Apple Pay: It's Not... | Business Insider
- JPMorgan Is Wall Street Analysts' Favorite Bank Stock for 2015 | TheStreet.com
- Venture Capital Legend John Doerr Tells Us How To Spot The Next Tech Superstar | Business Insider
- Obama Downplays Sony Hack | Business Insider
- Growth Fears Nick Nike, but Basketball Sneakers May Save the Day | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, GOOG, FB, AMZN) | Business Insider