Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Alex Jones Acquiesces to Alefantis, Broadcasts Apology to Comet Ping Pong for Covering Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
- "They're Like The Praetorian Guard" - Whistleblower Confirms NSA Targeted Congress, The Supreme Court, & Trump | ZeroHedge
- EU Celebrates 60th Birthday As European Leaders Scramble To Hold "Fraying" Union Together | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Dollar, Bond Yields Tumble As GOP Leaders 'Not Confident" They Have Votes | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "The Boost From Lower Taxes Will Now Be Smaller, Occur Later Than Expected" | ZeroHedge
- Hayes: "A Lot Of What I Know Even The DOJ Is In The Dark” | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Lack Of Perspective | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first full 'Justice League'... | Business Insider
- 'Trumpcare' suffers stunning blow as GOP committee... | Business Insider
- Get access to exclusive REI deals this week only — and more of the best deals from... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Michigan's legendary Fab 5 team | Business Insider
- 4 basic problems cause all the cognitive... | Business Insider
- Software that can understand images, sounds, and language is helping people with... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek