Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- World's Airlines Crashing At Worst Rate Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
- 'Brutus' Cruz & The Trump Takeover | ZeroHedge
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- THE SUBPRIME U.S. ECONOMY: Disintegrating Due To Subprime Auto, Housing, Bond & Energy Debt | ZeroHedge
- The Girl Child Arrives | Financial Sense
- America Needs A Good, Old-Fashioned Economic Depression | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new poster for the upcoming 'Harry Potter... | Business Insider
- Instagram could be having an unexpectedly... | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED CAR REPORT: Forecasts, competing technologies... | Business Insider
- Tech investors are betting big on alternate realities | Business Insider
- Why even people who don’t like 'Star Trek' will love the new 'Beyond'... | Business Insider
- 22 jobs where people make far less now than they... | Business Insider
- Gun violence and police abuse are creating a vicious cycle | Business Insider