Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Cost-Burdened-Renters' Surge To Historic Highs As Hillbama-nomics Fails For Low-Income Faithful | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- The Brexit Reaction Is The Reason Brexit Happened | ZeroHedge
- New Haven Declares Public Health Emergency After "Never Before Seen" Heroin Overdose Epidemic | ZeroHedge
- Civil Uprising Escalates As 8th EU Nation Threatens Referendum | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Draghi Said To Spark Speculation Of Another Global Central Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- More Confusion: EU Tells Cameron To Hurry Up With Article 50 As Merkel Says No Need To Rush | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how the Supreme Court striking down a Texas abortion law could affect... | Business Insider
- Here's what the European Union needs to do to avoid losing... | Business Insider
- Icelandic soccer announcer goes bananas again after... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Hillary Clinton steps out for New York's pride parade | Business Insider
- This Airbus jet just arrived in New York — and it's Delta, American, and United... | Business Insider
- Here's the mistake Arya Stark made in the 'Game of Thrones' finale | Business Insider