Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It Gets Even Uglier In Canada | ZeroHedge
- 80 Year Old Woman Trampled To Death In Venezuela Supermarket Stampede | ZeroHedge
- The End Of "The Permanent Lie" Looms Large | ZeroHedge
- China Dramatically Intervenes To Boost Stocks Despite Reports It Won't; US Futtures Slump On J-Hole | ZeroHedge
- Joe Biden's Son Blames "Russian Agents" For Ashley Madison Profile | ZeroHedge
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- 6 Reasons the FOMC Is Unlikely to Move in September | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Celebrated Romanian baritone Dan Iordachescu dies at 85 | Business Insider
- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton’s support in a key, early state is suddenly crumbling | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Copenhagen is hilariously obsessed about getting people to ride bikes... | Business Insider
- AP Source: Indians president Shapiro leaving for Blue Jays... | Business Insider