Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "F*ck This Court": Woman Who Took AK-47 To Jailbreak Pens Epic Rant Against Judge | ZeroHedge
- AMZNing | ZeroHedge
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- 2000x Normal Radiation Found In Tokyo Playground, Officials Deny Any Link To Fukushima | ZeroHedge
- Overview Of Our Energy Modeling Problem | ZeroHedge
- The "War On Cash" Migrates To Switzerland | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IT'S OFFICIAL: THE COMCAST-TIME WARNER DEAL IS TOAST | Business Insider
- Startup founders describe how... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin regulation is coming to New York | Business Insider
- These 5 slides show where most of the VC money went in the last 3 months | Business Insider
- There's a startling difference between what men want in a wife and in a... | Business Insider
- The top 10 tech company cafeterias | Business Insider
- There's a wild Easter egg hidden in Google Maps that insults Apple in... | Business Insider