Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JuSTiCe AMeRiCaN STYLe... | ZeroHedge
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- FT's Tett: Gold “Tangible” and “Clear”; People “Unnerved” About “Money” in “Bottomless Cyber Space” | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank's Modest Proposal To Central Banks: "Purchase The Gold Held By Private Households" | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. Shale Breakeven Price Debate | Financial Sense
- The REAL Looting Is Happening On Wall Street … Not In Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Car Ploughs Into Demonstrators During Ferguson Rally In Minneapolis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Proof Apple Is Exploring Virtual Reality (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's The Google Ad Taking Over The New Mega Screen On Times... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Consumers Ready To Upgrade Want An... | Business Insider
- German industrial output rebounds in September | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- ROBERT SHILLER: This Is What Finance Actually Is | Business Insider
- Nate Silver Released His New College Football Playoff Odds — And UCLA... | Business Insider