Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Shale Production To Soar By 3.5 Million Barrels/Day Over Next Five Years: BofA Explains Why | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To Democracy" SecDef Mattis Confirms Military Steadfast Amid White House Chaos | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- A Chink of Light into London’s Gold Vaults | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Trump Dreams Versus Trump Reality - Hope Still Permitted! | ZeroHedge
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Most Americans haven't seen a single movie nominated for... | Business Insider
- A familiar shutdown threat is looming in Trump's future | Business Insider
- SpaceX just flew a rocket back to Cape Canaveral Air Force Station —... | Business Insider
- A former Navy SEAL shares the No. 1 leadership lesson he learned in... | Business Insider
- THE US FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How the US regulatory environment is holding back the... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek