Master-worthy articles for 10/25/2007
Motorola (NYSE:MOT), the largest U.S. maker of mobile phones, posted its first profit in three quarters and gave a forecast that surpassed analysts' estimates after eliminating more than 5,000 jobs and unveiling a new version of the Razr phone.
The earnings surprise helped Motorola rally the most in nine months in New York trading. For Master Picks subscribers, you're welcome, for the recommendation and the 9% ride since July (Our asking price is only $45 for a 12 month subscription - click here to learn more)
Full Story here - Motorola Has First Profit in Three Quarters on Cuts (Update6)
The Greed of Facebook
New York Times - By Saul Hansell.
A week after I wrote that the current Internet bubble is different from the late 1990s because it is driven by defensive fear rather than boundless greed, the Facebook deal with Microsoft yesterday shows that there are still some who think they can make untold billions by changing the world. Facebook now has a $15 billion dollar valuation, not bad for a 24 year-old CEO.
By Todd Sullivan - The comparisons have been rampant about Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) and Eddie Lampert's Sears Holdings (SHLD). Let's look and rather than comparing the 42 year old Berkshire with the 2 year old Sears in both their current states, let's look at Berkshire's beginnings and take an apples to apples approach when making the comparison.
Other related articles on the subject:
Pink Slips on Wall Street: The Latest Tally
And coming soon...
Welcome to WallStNewsletters.com
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Stocks Slide Again, Copper Tumbles To 6 Year Low; Greek Market Crashes After One Month Trading Halt | ZeroHedge
- Where Does Bitcoin Fit in the Currency Crisis? | Financial Sense
- Greek Stocks, Economy Collapse, Suffer Worst Declines In History | ZeroHedge
- Real Personal Spending Growth Weakest Since Feb, Savings Rate Rises | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits Economy Can't Function Without Bubbles | ZeroHedge
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- President Obama Explains How His "Clean Power Plan" Does Not Make Him "Nation's Greatest Destroyer" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russell Wilson's monster deal is the latest evidence that NFL contracts are a... | Business Insider
- AC/DC's Phil Rudd denies breaking booze ban | Business Insider
- Syria army plane crashes in rebel-held town: monitor | Business Insider
- There's one thing that every successful woman on Wall Street has had to master | Business Insider
- Van der Burgh breaks 50m breaststroke world record | Business Insider
- 5 networking secrets to help you get ahead | Business Insider
- Chinese stocks are still falling | Business Insider