Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Stocks Are On Borrowed Time | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions | ZeroHedge
- Shocking Bank Of Japan Trick And QE Boosting Treat Sends Futures To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Alan Greenspan: QE Failed To Help The Economy, The Unwind Will Be Painful, "Buy Gold" | ZeroHedge
- In Memoriam: Abenomics | ZeroHedge
- Algos Please Ignore: Citi Slashes Previously Reported Net Income Due To "Legal Investigations" Over FX Rigging Probe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These States Have Reportedly Tried To Hide Scary Climate Data From The Public | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- These Police Cars Are So Awesome You'll Want To Get Pulled Over | Business Insider
- Burkina parliament set ablaze in protests over president... | Business Insider
- Researchers Say They've Found A Piece Of Amelia... | Business Insider
- More Executive Change At Twitter — The Head Of Revenue Product Takes Over As Head Of All Consumer... | Business Insider
- Judge Hands Down Potentially Crushing Ruling Against Donald Trump In... | Business Insider