Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Norway Buying $130 Billion In Global Equities As Sovereign Wealth Fund Continues To Bleed Cash | ZeroHedge
- Not Zero Sum: World Bond Markets Endure $1.7 Trillion Sell Off; Equities Gain $635 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Trump Confirms Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis Will Be America's Next Secretary Of Defense | ZeroHedge
- 7 Reasons that the Corporate Media Is Pro-War | ZeroHedge
- The Gold Sell-off: How far might it go? | ZeroHedge
- Clinton & Trump Aides Forum Devolves Into Screaming Match - "I Would Rather Lose Than Win The Way You Did" | ZeroHedge
- VP Pence Lays Out Aggressive Agenda For First 100 Days | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How one of Led Zeppelin's greatest hits was made | Business Insider
- Why 2016 was one of the greatest years for horror movies ever | Business Insider
- Emerging markets are finally catching up on 4G smartphones (GOOG, GOOGL, AAPL) | Business Insider
- LeBron James has obsessed over each of his teammates' preferences... | Business Insider
- Trump can text you anytime he wants once he's in... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Here's what happens to your brain and body when someone breaks your... | Business Insider