Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: Which Socialist Utopia Has Seen Car Sales Drop 99%? | ZeroHedge
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Warns Obamacare "Very Near Collapse" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds | Financial Sense
- France To Deploy 3,000 Troops To Schools: "The Threat Is Real" Education Minister Says | ZeroHedge
- 5 Factors That Could Turn America Into Another Collapsed Empire | ZeroHedge
- State Department Urges US Citizens To Leave Gaza "As Soon As Possible" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung Pay celebrates one-year anniversary | Business Insider
- A venture capitalist and investor shares his best tip for people who want to start their own business | Business Insider
- The real reason the EpiPen and other off-patents are... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert digs up 'shocking' video of Donald... | Business Insider
- Astronaut breaks US record: 521 days in space and counting... | Business Insider
- This is why you should (or shouldn't) buy an Xbox now instead of waiting... | Business Insider
- A medical wearable device could save Jawbone | Business Insider