Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And The Biggest Beneficiary Of QE3 Is... | ZeroHedge
- A Glimpse Inside The FX "Cartel's" Chat Rooms | ZeroHedge
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
- Alan Greenspan: QE Failed To Help The Economy, The Unwind Will Be Painful, "Buy Gold" | ZeroHedge
- BusinessWeek Wants YOU To Become A Keynesian Debt Slave | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions | ZeroHedge
- Headwinds for the U.S. and U.K. Economies | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Company Is Trying To Keep Small Retailers From Getting Crushed By Amazon | Business Insider
- There Are 48 Billion Reasons Why Retailers Are Going To War With Apple (AAPL, WMT) | Business Insider
- The 30 Most Influential LGBT People In Tech | Business Insider
- Meet The Lucky Students Who Earn College Scholarships To Play Video Games | Business Insider
- Miami Heat Rookie James Ennis' Dunk Is Already A Candidate For NBA... | Business Insider
- This Robot Uses Electrically Charged Parts To Solve A Major Robotics Problem | Business Insider
- A Day In The Life Of Dynamic Morgan Stanley Exec Gary Kaminsky | Business Insider