Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Living The Grecovery Dream: Two Jobless Parents, Two Kids, One Cat All Living In A Car | ZeroHedge
- CIA Warned Obama that Funding Rebels Doesn’t Work … But Obama Decided to Fund Syrian Rebels ANYWAY For Cynical Political Gain | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 20 | ZeroHedge
- Ebola 2014 Is Mutating As Fast As Seasonal Flu | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Expects Year-End Rally Post 10% Market Correction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Historic Belvedere Manor With Jaw-Dropping Views Is On The Market For $49... | Business Insider
- How To Watch This Week's Incredible Solar Eclipse | Business Insider
- Welcome To Lanai, Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison's $300 Million... | Business Insider
- Facebook Is a 'More Compelling Investment' Than Twitter | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- Bill Simmons Returns, Doesn't Call Out ESPN, Says He Was Bored So He Came Up With A New Way... | Business Insider
- The 11 Most Popular Apps Employees Use At Work | Business Insider