Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Department Of Commerce Officially Jumps The Shark, Will "Double Seasonally Adjust" GDP Data | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- Never Forget The Price Of Freedom | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton's Speech Requirements: Private Jets, Presidential Suites And Lots Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- It Begins: US May Send "Target Spotters" To Iraq To Counter ISIS "Offensive" | ZeroHedge
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
- It Is Mathematically Impossible To Pay Off All Of Our Debt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennials have a clear favorite when asked which tech company is their 'ideal... | Business Insider
- Saudi identifies dead suicide bomber, confirms link to IS... | Business Insider
- Higher wages are here and there's nothing corporate America can do to stop it (ROST) | Business Insider
- This border post shows how Turkey's ISIS problem keeps getting worse | Business Insider
- Incredible before-and-after photos show how much New York City has changed... | Business Insider
- This Berlin fintech company has the most simple-but-brilliant way... | Business Insider
- Walt Disney's original plan for the place George Clooney's '... | Business Insider