Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GPRO HAS BOTTOMED | iBankCoin.com
- I AM NO LONGER SCREWED FOR 15 YEARS | iBankCoin.com
- Are Central Banks Creating Deflation? | ZeroHedge
- A Savings Problem | Financial Sense
- Debt-To-GDP Ratios Demand Debt Jubilee | ZeroHedge
- Lehman-Like Spending Collapse Sparks Panic-Buying - Nasdaq 5,000; S&P, Dow Records | ZeroHedge
- "They're Back" - We Have Learned Nothing In 10 Years!! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is what Kanye West said during his bizarre lecture... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Mavericks balanced attack snaps Pelican's NBA win... | Business Insider
- Here's how we found the most affordable small town in every state | Business Insider
- There's more and more evidence Bill O'Reilly made up stories... | Business Insider
- Two kids were given only one sandwich — what they did next will... | Business Insider
- Negative interest rates could crush European bank profits — just... | Business Insider