Nanosphere (NSPH): Long Term Hold Potential
The prospects of Nanosphere (NSPH) look even juicier than Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
If you haven't heard of Nanosphere yet (and most investors have not), here is why they have great long term prospects:
Nanosphere is healthcare company which offers the "Verigene system", which is a diagnostic tool used to make diagnoses at the molecular level. NSPH recently received FDA approval for an assay for the early diagnosis of sepsis.
Sepsis is the leading cost of inpatient stay in the U.S. at over $15 billion annually, carrying a mortality rate of one in six patients.
Nanosphere is the only assay on the market that can provide broad identification of bacteria and drug resistance and a sample to result on-demand test. Recently cited publications demonstrated the benefit of reduced mortality in the intensive care unit from one in two patients to one in 10 as well as a 6.2 day reduction in length of stay saving over $21,000 per patient.
The Sepsis test addresses the clinical requirements for early diagnosis of sepsis, the number one driver of hospital costs and death.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Nanosphere is anything but a day trade. With a market cap of just $180m and Q2 2012 revenues of just $1.3 million, the company has a lot of room to grow. In Q2, before the FDA approval, they placed just 25 new Verigene systems.
If they can increase that number to 1,000 new Verigene systems a quarter over the coming years, revenues would increase to $25m a quarter. Management has plans to double the size of its sales and customer organization over the next few quarters, which should help provide the infrastructure they need to grow.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Russia Shoot Down US Missiles In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Stock Market at a Major Inflection Point? | Financial Sense
- Voting at the NYC French Consulate | ZeroHedge
- Yesterday's Broad Power Outage Likely Caused By Geomagnetic Storm | ZeroHedge
- Softer Hard Data Weighs on Stocks | Financial Sense
- "The Retail Bubble Has Now Burst": A Record 8,640 Stores Are Closing In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Satellite photos show aftermath of devastating 'mother of all bombs' strike... | Business Insider
- Mexico's unrelenting violence is climbing to new highs | Business Insider
- 8 affordable watch companies every guy should know | Business Insider
- There are 5 elite US service academies that prepare the next generation of the American... | Business Insider
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin calls on the IMF to enhance surveillance of... | Business Insider
- Billionaire Larry Ellison teamed up with Robert De Niro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa to... | Business Insider
- Under Armour made a costly mistake that will take 'years' to fix | Business Insider