Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saturday Humor: iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S5 | ZeroHedge
- Pondering M&A Deals with a Wrinkle (and a Pop) | iBankCoin.com
- Morning Update | iBankCoin.com
- One Lucky SOB | iBankCoin.com
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- Careful Now | iBankCoin.com
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mark Zuckerberg Is Annoying His Neighbors With The Fortress-Like Home... | Business Insider
- The Republican Party Just Dumped A Whole Bunch Of Their Dirt On... | Business Insider
- Two Chinese Warships Arrive In Iran For Unprecedented Visit... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- This New Report Shows Why Taxi Drivers Are Terrified Of... | Business Insider
- The White House Intruder Had More Than 800 Rounds Of Ammo In... | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Be A Teenage Girl At A Huge Convention Of YouTube Stars (GOOG... | Business Insider