Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Twitter Unveils In-House "Ministry Of Truth" | ZeroHedge
- "It's Worse Than 2008": CEO Of World's Largest Shipping Company Delivers Dire Assessment Of Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- Iran Holds Nothing Back: "It's A Weird Suicide Mission That Will Have A Very Dark End" | ZeroHedge
- Scope For Gold To Extend Much Higher Than $1200 Over Time, Goldman Says | ZeroHedge
- The Most Ominous Warning That Oil Storage Is About To Overflow Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- European Sovereign Risk Soars As Systemic Fears Mount | ZeroHedge
- Charlie Munger On Trump As President: "Anyone Who Makes Money Running A Casino Isn't Morally Qualified" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This $28-million yacht can run on all-electric power | Business Insider
- BREAKING: Scientists have discovered gravitational waves | Business Insider
- A town in Romania has the most cheerful cemetery on the planet | Business Insider
- Women take longer than men to pay off their student loans — here's why... | Business Insider
- THE MINING CRUNCH IS HERE: Rio Tinto's earnings halved as price falls cause $7.7 billion worth of pain | Business Insider
- A natural gas billionaire just picked up a three-parcel Hamptons property for a... | Business Insider
- Zenefits was using a secret training program that may have enabled employees to... | Business Insider