Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Standard Of Living Of The Irredeemables Continues To Plunge As 'Not So Hidden' Inflation Soars | ZeroHedge
- Goldman CEO Blankfein "Supportive" Of Hillary But "Doesn't Want To Hurt Her" By Endorsing | ZeroHedge
- "Make A Wish List" Russia Tells Duterte, As New Asian Axis Forms | ZeroHedge
- 'Philanthropist' George Soros Set To Make A Killing From Europe's 'Forced Migration' | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Part 15 Of The Podesta Files, Bringing Total To 26,095 Emails | ZeroHedge
- WikiLeaks Tweets "Heavily Armed Police" Outside Ecuadorian Embassy; Says Assange Is Still Alive | ZeroHedge
- Shadows on the Cave Wall | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 apps you should use every day | Business Insider
- Ricky Gervais: Donald Trump's presidential campaign is 'a joke that got out of... | Business Insider
- Traditional banks may be in trouble due to digital banking | Business Insider
- 11 Easter eggs hidden in the official 'Westworld' website | Business Insider
- Here's why there might be multiple dimensions of time | Business Insider
- Here's what's inside the new Google pop-up shop where nothing... | Business Insider
- 8 countries with the highest quality of life | Business Insider