Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dilbert Creator Scott Adams Explains Why He Switched His Endorsement To Trump | ZeroHedge
- How Sand Is Leading to a Fracking Comeback | Financial Sense
- Charlotte Police Release Dashcam, Body-Cam Footage Of Keith Scott's Death, Chief Says "Absolutely" Had A Gun | ZeroHedge
- Dead People Are Voting In The Key Swing State Of Colorado | ZeroHedge
- A Sunni Muslim Asks: Is "Radical Islam" The Problem Or Is "Islam" The Problem? | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend, Gennifer Flowers, Confirms She Will "Definitely Be At The Debate" | ZeroHedge
- Saudis Offer To Cut Production By 500,000 Barrels: "The Oil Market Situation Is Much More Critical" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The players from Kevin Garnett's 1995 NBA draft class | Business Insider
- Go inside the '70s-inspired bar in Manhattan's East Village where... | Business Insider
- The iPhone hologram projector is real — here's how to make one | Business Insider
- Why you should never use alcohol to help you fall asleep, according to science | Business Insider
- There's something really bizarre about how Clinton's preparing to... | Business Insider
- China says it has a new 'ghostly... | Business Insider