Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Curse of Alexander Hamilton | iBankCoin.com
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure | Financial Sense
- China Sides With Russia On Sanctions; Ambassador Warns "Western Nations Would Be Hurting Themselves" | ZeroHedge
- Great Covered Call Tools at BornToSell | FundMyMutualFund
- February Payrolls 175K, Beat Expectations Of 149K, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.7% | ZeroHedge
- Two Myths About the Ukrainian Conflict | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A US Destroyer Is Joining The Search For The Missing Malaysia Airlines 777... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Latest Evidence That Apple Will Release A 4K Display This Year | Business Insider
- 22 Photos Of Barack Obama Pigging Out | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Exact Sciences, Rexahn, Advaxis, Peregrine | TheStreet.com
- The Dalai Lama Supports Gay Marriage | Business Insider
- The Deadliest Fraternity In The US Just Banned Its Secret Initiation Rituals | Business Insider