Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Transformation Of Our Nation Into A Surveillance State Is Almost Complete | ZeroHedge
- This Guy Has Eight Passports | ZeroHedge
- Strong 7Y Auction Rounds Off Weekly Treasury Issuance | ZeroHedge
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- If Evelyn Farkas Resigned in 2015, How Did She Have Access to Trump-Russian Intelligence? | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Slams Trump In First Post-Election-Loss Speech: "Resist, Insist, Persist, Enlist" | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rogers Warns, The Fed "Has No Clue... Will Ruin Us All" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Clinton calls the GOP health care bill failure a '... | Business Insider
- The 15 most controversial TV shows ever | Business Insider
- 5 stunning TV locations you can visit in real life | Business Insider
- 22 clothing items every man should own before he turns 30 | Business Insider
- A cheat sheet showing the mixed effects of NAFTA since 1994 | Business Insider
- 8 countries where $200,000 will last 30 years of retirement | Business Insider
- THE MICROPAYMENTS REPORT: Problems and solutions for low-value payments | Business Insider