Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Journalist Banned From Media After Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Is Trump Calling Out Xi Jinping? | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? Don't Trust the Unemployment Rate for the Answer! | Financial Sense
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
- BofA Warns Trumpflation Might Break The "Buy The Dip" Trade | ZeroHedge
- Bullion Banking: Part I - The Mechanics and the Players | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The science behind LA's shade balls | Business Insider
- 8 great tech gifts for the kid in your life | Business Insider
- REPORT: Japanese Prime Minister Abe is arranging to meet Trump... | Business Insider
- $1.9 trillion dollars of economic value could be created by the use of... | Business Insider
- The world’s largest pork producer just pledged to reduce its emissions by 4.4 million... | Business Insider
- CBS boss accidentally reveals that YouTube is working on its own cable TV... | Business Insider
- America has an Obamacare dilemma | Business Insider