Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Slowdown Confirmed By PMIs Missing From Japan To China To Europe; USDJPY Nears 119 Then Slides | ZeroHedge
- European Consumer Confidence Tumbles To 9 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- If You Are A US Investor Who Is Bullish Japan, Look Away | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness | Financial Sense
- All Eyes On The Freefalling Yen Which Just Plunged To Fresh 7 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 20 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is A Very Strong Correlation. But Is It Spurious? (MAR) | Business Insider
- Chris Hemsworth Named People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive... | Business Insider
- Republicans: Keystone Will Be Back | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Millennial Males Love Snapchat | Business Insider
- The Takata Exploding Airbag Recall Is The Scariest I've Ever... | Business Insider
- Researchers Found Something Amazing When They Autopsied A 40,000-Year-Old Woolly... | Business Insider
- NFL Player Who Got Cut For Leaving A Game Early Signs With The Patriots 2 Days... | Business Insider