Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trumpocalypse: Liberal Ivory Tower of Academia collapsing | ZeroHedge
- French President Fires Back At Trump Over Paris Comments | ZeroHedge
- 78 Seconds Of Farage "Red-Pilling" | ZeroHedge
- Oscars Preview | ZeroHedge
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- Kansas City Fed Survey: February Activity Highest Since 2011 | Financial Sense
- Nexit Looms - Dutch Parliament To Debate Leaving The Eurozone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CEO and former Wall Street banker reveals how to be the perfect dinner host | Business Insider
- Trump and DNC leader Tom Perez trade barbs on '... | Business Insider
- Pentagon: Stop using ISIL | Business Insider
- Rory McIlroy: 'To be called a fascist and a bigot' because I played golf... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk: Complaints of horrid working conditions at... | Business Insider
- It looks like the FCC wants to roll back rules that'd force internet... | Business Insider
- Nissan has one of the best engines out there — but its days could be numbered | Business Insider