Napster: Somebody out there likes them
That somebody happens to be Bear Sterns analyst Kunal Madhukar. Thanks to Madhukar, his upgrade last week sent shares of Napster Inc. (NASDAQ:NAPS) up 15%. With today's pullback, shares of NAPS are only up 6.5% since his upgrade to "Outperform" from "Underperform." Most of you know the Masters have talked up Napster in the past, but now Wall Street is onboard.
On Feb 11th, Bear Stearns analyst Kunal Madhukar wrote that Napster's disinterest, coupled with a trading imbalance that resulted from the company leaving the S&P 600 Small Cap Index in February, "has resulted in a compelling buying opportunity for investors who are willing to hold the shares for 12 (to) 18 months."
In the past year, the stock has traded between $1.60 and $4.46.
Madhukar, who has a $2.50 price target on Napster shares, noted Napster finished its third quarter in December with $69 million in cash and equivalents. Based on its 43.6 million outstanding shares - an additional 2.4 million are marked as restricted share awards for employees and will likely vest in the next few years - the company's market value is $71 million, and enterprise value is about $2 million, Madhukar said.
"At current valuations, in our view, investors are effectively buying the cash at face value, and getting the company for free," he said.
Madhukar wrote that the market is "more than discounting" risks to Napster's business, but that the company isn't getting credit for its brand, technology, portal, partnerships or for cash and tax-related net operating losses.
Fellow Masters, this is a long-term hold, but any other good news and you could bank 5 to 10% in a single day. Above all, NAPS is a stock to add to your watch list.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Q3 GDP Revised Above Highest Estimate, Prints 3.9% | ZeroHedge
- OIL DOWN THE DRAIN FOR XMAS | iBankCoin.com
- 2,200 National Guard Troops To Be Deployed In Ferguson Tonight, Up From 700 | ZeroHedge
- Something Appears To Be Going On With Gold | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of The Obama Branches Of Government | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Mistral Warship Fiasco Reflects France... | Business Insider
- Meet Michele Flournoy, A Leading Candidate To Lead The... | Business Insider
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- The Last Time Gas Prices Fell This Far, This Fast, We Were In A Recession (USO) | Business Insider
- Take A Tour Of McLaren's Incredible Supercar Laboratory | Business Insider
- This App Will Help You Track Down Drunken Snapchat Photos | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider