Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JPM's Striking Forecast: ECB Could Cut Rates To -4.5%; BOJ To -3.45%; Fed To -1.3% | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Plunges To 113 Handle - Gives Up QQE2 Gains | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Biggest Crisis In History? | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Admits Fed Is Evaluating Possibility Of Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- Chris Christie To Suspend Presidential Campaign; Needs "Deep Breath" | ZeroHedge
- Is The US Leading Saudi Arabia Down The Kuwaiti Invasion Road? | ZeroHedge
- Social Justice, Prosperity, and Precious Metals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton's paid speeches to large Wall Street banks reportedly... | Business Insider
- Olivia Munn spent six hours a day training for 'X-Men... | Business Insider
- This chart shows very clearly why investors have lost faith in Twitter (TWTR) | Business Insider
- These mind-bending aerial photos of Istanbul might give you vertigo | Business Insider
- Scientists are saying this food can help us detect skin cancer | Business Insider
- This gorgeous new game perfectly demonstrates how great games can tell incredible stories | Business Insider
- I spent a day with a PR intern during Fashion Week — and she ran circles around... | Business Insider