Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Data Rebounds; Walmart Disappoints | Financial Sense
- Leave Me Alone. Go Away | iBankCoin.com
- China's Richest Man Sees Half His Net Worth Wiped Out In Seconds After Bubble Stock Instacrash | ZeroHedge
- 40% Of Existing Home Sales At Or Above Asking Price, Highest On NAR Record | ZeroHedge
- Broke Kansas To Tax Poor People By Placing $25 Limit On ATM Withdrawals | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Pump-And-Dump After Ministry Of Truth 'Manipulation' Trumps Spoofing Algos | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason For the Oil Crash… And Why It Could Happen In Other Asset Classes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The US now faces a dilemma in the ISIS fight | Business Insider
- New Zealand bowl against England in 1st Test | Business Insider
- HP reports earnings: Revenue dropped 7% but HP did beat on profit (HPQ) | Business Insider
- Science can finally tell us which photo filter we should choose | Business Insider
- UK PM predicts 'ups and downs' in EU renegotiation... | Business Insider
- Tunisia's sunbeds and souks empty after museum attack | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com