Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With Italy's Bank Stress Test "A Near-Term Risk", Who Is Most Exposed? | ZeroHedge
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Trump Surges In Latest CNN Poll, Takes 3 Point Lead Over Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Mystery Over Munich Shooter's Motive: David Ali Sonboly Had "No Connection To ISIS", Obssessed With Mass Shootings | ZeroHedge
- The Real Message From Asset Inflation | ZeroHedge
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- Why you feel like you’re falling when you go to sleep | Business Insider
- The top 10 Android apps that drain your battery the most | Business Insider
- Warner Bros. just showed the first 'Justice League' teaser trailer at Comic-Con... | Business Insider
- 6 effective leadership styles we can learn from 'Star Trek' | Business Insider
- MARK MOBIUS: Poland is ripe for investment | Business Insider
- We took a Tesla Model S on an adventure and learned how it's different from every other car (... | Business Insider