Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Contribution To US GDP Lowest In Post-War Era | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- Japanese Government Bonds Are Crashing - Biggest Surge in Yields In 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- Why Market’s Seasonality May Be Critical in 2015 | Financial Sense
- Active vs. Passive Redux | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former Afghan... | Business Insider
- A company is projecting images of people napping on the sides of... | Business Insider
- Two astronauts are about to launch on a crazy mission that will change how we... | Business Insider
- This is the question the jury in the Pao case was sent back to vote on again | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A deal with Uber might save this startup from raising more... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek