Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Warms to Clean Energy | Financial Sense
- "Dawn Of Libya" Islamist Militia Group Seizes US Embassy In Tripoli, Holds Pool Party | ZeroHedge
- THE 1st ANNUAL iBANKCOIN LOTTERY WINNER IS… | iBankCoin.com
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- Inside the Market’s Mind: Debt, Growth and Politics | Financial Sense
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wozniacki sends Sharapova out of US Open, Federer... | Business Insider
- Apparent Hollywood hack attack nabs stars' nude pix | Business Insider
- Album Sales In America Just Hit An All-Time Low | Business Insider
- Alleged Hacker Behind Massive Leak Of Nude Celebrity Photos Says It... | Business Insider
- The Bad News Out Of Europe Is Intensifying (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Liverpool ease past Spurs, Arsenal held | Business Insider
- SADC regional bloc to send observers to Lesotho after... | Business Insider