Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saxobank CIO: "Non-Productive Society Reigns Supreme In Most Developed Countries" | ZeroHedge
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- Several Bullish Supports Suggest Bears Should Temper Their Outlook | Financial Sense
- I’ve Seen the Future. I’ve Seen the Future | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Why Monetizing Debt Could End In Revolutions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Aereo May Be Dead, But Over-The-Top Television Is Just Beginning | TheStreet.com
- Keeping the samba drum beating in Ireland's '... | Business Insider
- UK police chief claims '4 or 5' terror plots foiled | Business Insider
- There's A 'Jurassic Park' Sequel Out Next Summer, Here's The First... | Business Insider
- FARC to free Colombian general, others next week:... | Business Insider
- 30 Uplifting Photos Of Entrepreneurs In The Developing... | Business Insider
- Retailers Are Missing A Huge Opportunity On The Mobile Web | Business Insider