Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Fail To Surge Despite Continuing Onsalught Of Poor Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- Canada and the Oil Price Shock | Financial Sense
- Lashed To The Zero Bound - The Fed's Ship Of Fools | ZeroHedge
- China's President Confirms Practice Of Moving Official Reserve Assets To Other Entities In China | ZeroHedge
- BIS Warns of ‘Major Faultlines’ In Global Debt Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Portugal's Ruling Coalition Prevails As Country Votes In What Amounts To Austerity Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Peak Manipulation: Resorting To Contradictory Headlines To Lift Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rodgers leads Packers past 49ers, Green Bay stays unbeaten... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Seoul: N. Korea to release detained South Korean student | Business Insider
- Nike's incredible road to becoming the world's dominant sneaker retailer | Business Insider
- Top 25 shake-up: Gators up, 'Dawgs down, Buckeyes still 1... | Business Insider
- House GOP in turmoil with new uncertainty in speaker race... | Business Insider
- Gritty Fever top Lynx 75-69 in Game 1 of WNBA Finals | Business Insider