Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Late-Day Buying Panic, Stocks Close Red | ZeroHedge
- The Difference Between Nominal And Real, In One Chart Courtesy Of Japan | ZeroHedge
- Two Ships Collide In Suez Canal | ZeroHedge
- Are Japanese Equities Discounting Further QE Ahead? | Financial Sense
- The Goldman Tapes And Why The Delusion Of Macro-Prudential Regulation Means The Next Crash Is Nigh | ZeroHedge
- Clinkle is the New Color | ZeroHedge
- UMBReLLa ReVoLuTioN... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EU keeps Russia sanctions over Ukraine in place | Business Insider
- THE EUROPEAN CHESSBOARD: Here's A Map Of The Russia-NATO Confrontation | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Stocks With International Exposure Have Been Underperformers (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, F) | Business Insider
- Macau Publishes The Worst Numbers Since The Global Financial Meltdown | Business Insider
- A 13-Year-Old Has Invented A Completely New Approach To Cleaning Up Oil... | Business Insider