Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scotland's Salmond Resigns After Losing Independence Vote | ZeroHedge
- First CalPERS, Now Texas Teachers Cut Hedge Fund Exposure | ZeroHedge
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- UK Scrambles Fighter Jets To Intercept Two Russian Strategic "Bear" Bombers | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fisher Admits "Fed Has Levitated Markets", Warns Of "Signs Of Excess" | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Posts Record 21 Consecutive Months Of Declining Global Retail Sales, Worse Than Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- The Silver Paradox In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- YouTube Is Paying Millions To Keep Its Biggest Stars On... | Business Insider
- Indonesian Aceh proposes 100 lashes for gay sex | Business Insider
- Kiev, rebels sign peace plan memorandum: negotiators | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Alibaba Gains 38% On First Day Of Trading (BABA, YHOO) | Business Insider
- Drunken hunter fights off Australian croc with an eye-... | Business Insider
- DOW HITS RECORD HIGH AS ALIBABA DEBUTS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT... | Business Insider