Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steen Jakobsen Warns "First It Will Get Worse..." | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Revised Higher As Inventories Surge Again, Personal Consumption Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- Ackman Loses Over $100 Million In Early Trading As More Valeant Questions Emerge | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 25 | ZeroHedge
- From Hope To Nope - Consumer Confidence Crashes To 14-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- US Inflation: Setup to Upset | Financial Sense
- 5 Signs Of America's Decaying Society | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pope brings peace message to Africa amid security fears | Business Insider
- Video of a Chicago police officer firing 16 shots at a teenager has been released... | Business Insider
- California at forefront of US battle on climate change | Business Insider
- Source: Chicago cop expected to be charged in teen's... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- No. 9 Tar Heels use late surge to down Kansas State, 80-70... | Business Insider
- Yellen defends near-zero rates to consumer advocate Nader... | Business Insider