Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Puplava on U.S. Recession, Fed Rate Hikes, and Short-Term Correction | Financial Sense
- Former CIA Head Pleads Guilty To Mishandling Classified Information, Faces Year In Prison | ZeroHedge
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- GDP Shocker: Atlanta Fed Calculates Q1 Growth Of Only 1.2% | ZeroHedge
- ADP Stronger, but Still Weak | Financial Sense
- CIA Urged Rebels to Assassinate Their Own In Order to Create “Martyrs” | ZeroHedge
- Who's Isolated Now? Kazakhstan Authorities Announce Plans To De-Dollarize Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- South Africa thump Ireland by 201 runs at World Cup | Business Insider
- BofA Merrill Lynch dealmaker Harry McMahon is resigning after 32 years | Business Insider
- A controversial low-cost eBike has now raised over $3.8 million on Indiegogo | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Earth's sunset would look completely different if the sun were... | Business Insider
- Lower California pollution spells big gains for... | Business Insider
- Aston Martin's top-secret Lagonda Taraf super-sedan is... | Business Insider