Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 6 Giant Corporations Control The Media, And Americans Consume 10 Hours Of "Programming" A Day | ZeroHedge
- Obama Steps In To Defend Hillary: DOJ Fights To Block Clinton Deposition | ZeroHedge
- If You Think Cultural Fragmentation Is Bad Now... | ZeroHedge
- The Source of Failure: We Optimize What We Measure | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Not The America My Parents Immigrated To In 1957" | ZeroHedge
- UK To Stockpile Tanks, Heavy Equipment Close To Russia's Border | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 100 most memorable movie shots from the past 100 years | Business Insider
- Here's why Russians don't smile | Business Insider
- This affordable palm-sized drone makes flying easy for every experience level | Business Insider
- Here's how the Internet of Things will... | Business Insider
- These are America's 2 most hated fast-food... | Business Insider
- 20 incredible private islands to sleep on in your lifetime | Business Insider
- Donald Trump spent much of a big rally thrashing Republican rivals who no... | Business Insider