Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cashed Out of $RUSS for a Few Dozen Bottles of Quality Vodka | iBankCoin.com
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- Whatever It Takes 2.0? | Financial Sense
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- Potential Runners For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Will Terrific Tuesday Hold Once Again? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Most Difficult Part Of Teaching In The Poorest Congressional... | Business Insider
- SpaceX Launch Canceled For Today | Business Insider
- This Is The Best Way To Figure Out When To Look For Tonight's Eclipse... | Business Insider
- This Map Of The Most Competitive States In America Is A Joke | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com
- CHART: LeBron James And Kevin Durant Have Had Remarkably Similar Careers | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com