Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Four Economic Indicators Near Stall Speed | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- "Either You're The Butcher... Or The Cattle" | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
- The Crocodile Jaws Spring Open Again, Preparing To Bite | ZeroHedge
- Houston, We Have A "Fracking" Problem | ZeroHedge
- More Predictions From the Man Behind the Mask | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft's Smartwatch Will Be A... | Business Insider
- Apple's Design Genius Jony Ive Thinks The iPhone's Competitors Are... | Business Insider
- Why Young College-Educated People Are Flocking To Houston | Business Insider
- 13 Things We Just Learned About Conservatives And... | Business Insider
- We Got Band-Aid Numbers Out Of China Monday Night | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Bulls Are Back in Charge | TheStreet.com
- This Simple Trick Will Help You Squeeze Some Extra Battery Life Out Of Your... | Business Insider