Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Do Stocks Know? | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate Because Any Re-escalation Is Simply Pent Up De-escalation | ZeroHedge
- US Attempted To Rescue James Foley, Other ISIS Hostages, Failed Because "Hostages Were Not Present" | ZeroHedge
- GMO: "There Is No Safe Place To Hide" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- St. Louis County Justice Center On Lockdown, Besieged By Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Market Trends Still Bullish | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How 'Girls' Star Adam Driver Used His... | Business Insider
- HP's Ongoing Layoffs Have Dragged Down Its Best Quarter In Three Years (HPQ) | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: The 2,000-Acre Mellon Estate In Virginia Is On The... | Business Insider
- James Foley Gave This Chilling Talk To Journalism Students Three Years Before He Was Murdered | Business Insider
- People Outraged After Retailer Leaves Gamora Off '... | Business Insider
- 10 Ugliest Cars of 2014 | TheStreet.com
- How Wi-Fi Could Revolutionize The Way We Use The Web | Business Insider