Hope for Nintendo Shares?
Today Nintendo (NTDOY.PK) shares came within a penny from its 12 month low, touching $16.66 before bouncing up to $16.80. Since July Nintendo shares have lost 1/3 of their value and in 2011 its dropped 53%.
The Wii U has been criticised for its unknown technology. It's up to Nintendo to demonstrate why its new console is the next toy / device to have. Nintendo's stock has been on a dive in 2011 thanks to terrible actual and forecast earnings not to mention poor 3DS sales. Ever since the earthquake in Japan things haven't been the same for Nintendo -- the company is struggling to impress Wall Street. This year has been brutal to the once technology gaming leader, 2011 marked Nintendo's first drop in annual profit in six years.
The Wii U was shown to early to the world, it lacked game titles and clear direction. The technology is groundbreaking, see for yourself:
What could help the Wii U? One word: App Store.
The Wii U will finally be available to the masses in a few months. Its touchscreen interface could score big for the company should it provide the ability to check email, surf the Web, and post to social networks.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Now is the perfect time for NTDOY comeback in 2012.
Shares are trading at levels not seen since the rebirth of the company thanks to the original Wii. NTDOY hasn't traded in the $16 range since January 2006.
If the Wii U can deliver NTDOY shares could finally bounce back.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Years Of "Progress" | ZeroHedge
- Warning Shots Fired At OSCE Mission In Crimea; Russia Warns Of Treaty Force Majeure Over "Unfriendly NATO Threats" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Today Responds To Wahl Public Departure: Just A "Self-Promotional Stunt" | ZeroHedge
- The Demise Of The American Dream (In 2 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine's Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out | ZeroHedge
- Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? | Financial Sense
- China Is Crashing … As Predicted | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Every ‘True Detective’ Theory You Have Is Wrong | Business Insider
- The Pentagon Has A Team Studying The Body Language Of World Leaders To Predict Their Behavior | Business Insider
- Shutterstock Shares Up as Getty Images Focuses on Digital | TheStreet.com
- Conservatives' Darling Just Told Them To Vote For Republicans They Don't Necessarily... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The 10 Best Ellipticals On The Market Right Now | Business Insider
- How The New 'Divergent' Star's Salary... | Business Insider